As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    dporowski wrote: »
    kralizecc wrote: »
    Voidshell texture choices are all I really wanted in warframe, my life is now complete. Shiny metallic silver for every choice is pure bliss.

Playing the new quest, I really like the
    little orb things you interact with to summon ghosts that take you to secrets.
    It feels like a great way to direct exploration for those who never saw it as an obvious activity.
    1638824949.jpeg

I'll take a screenshot of one tomorrow,
    before you interact with them they're slightly glowing with void nonsense, small globe looking things that give the interact prompt when you get close. Not all of them summon a ghost, some do nothing that I can discern but most have a little ghost that tells you to folllow.

EDIT:
    hmnL3mo.jpghhirl2X.jpgZw5Wda2.jpg
    They're all over, most often in little cavities or nooks, a few of teh ghosts have bugged out and only moved a few feet before stopping. They still animated as if traveling and changing direction jumping etc. but don't actually progress.

kralizecc on
    In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Well, I have never seen one of those. I'm assuming they aren't just in the quest?

Well, I have never seen one of those. I'm assuming they aren't just in the quest?

They are super common, probably one or two for each secret area or item in a given bounty map. I figured out the ones that don't summon ghosts happen when I've found all the secrets in the area before triggering them. At least that's my primary theory.

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I really hate how the rep gains for this new faction is structured.

Scouring a map to pick up items with no guaranteed rep from the bounty itself feels very off-putting.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    I really hate how the rep gains for this new faction is structured.

Scouring a map to pick up items with no guaranteed rep from the bounty itself feels very off-putting.

If you fulfill the bounty conditions they give voidplume quills and each quill can be turned in for 2500 standing. So you do get between 2500-10000 rep for each bounty (depending on tier), even if you do no map scouring.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Oh, I must have just not noticed that the couple-few bounties I did before getting elevator'd.

That's actually pretty good then, since encouraging people to do (hopefully generally fun!) bonus conditions spices it up in a more interesting way.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Well, that is the new war.

Nice.

Looking forward to finishing it.

Anyone on Xbox need a maxed Galvanized Chamber, which is NOT the shotgun multishot mod, did you know? (And now I have two...)

:|

If you're farming voidplume pinions...
    ...note that Nekros desecrate functions on dormant void angels like it does on every other enemy.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Increased Operator base Health from 250 to 350.

Increased Operator base Armor from 25 to 75.

Added 350 base Shields to Operator.

Shield Gating now applies to Operators, giving you a strategic moment to Transfer back to Warframe, recover in Void Mode, or tough it out!

Added +200% Armor to Enduring Tides. Changed to be a “stacking” modifier instead of “multiplicative” to match math logic used for other buffs, while not making additional Health/Armor increases scale further than desired.

Increased Magus Vigor to +600 Health.

Increased Magus Husk to +250 Armor.

Holy what the wow those are some wild survivability bumps for Operator from a HOTFIX.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »

Shield Gating now applies to Operators, giving you a strategic moment to Transfer back to Warframe, recover in Void Mode, or tough it out!

Added +200% Armor to Enduring Tides. Changed to be a “stacking” modifier instead of “multiplicative” to match math logic used for other buffs, while not making additional Health/Armor increases scale further than desired.

Holy what the wow those are some wild survivability bumps for Operator from a HOTFIX.

The data DE saw on how often people were getting transference static while playing Void Cascade must have been pretty ridiculous.

edited May 2022

The data DE saw on how often people were getting transference static while playing Void Cascade must have been pretty ridiculous.

I mean I went into this crap with a spoiler that had 500HP. That's not enough HP for this shit. :p I just unlocked Tides last night too, so WOO I'M A TANK YAY.

Edit: Like seriously I cannot express how badly that quest was pushing my shit in, up, out, over, and across. Holy hell.

dporowski on
    So, final stretch of the new war......this is what gaming narratives should be.

Spoilers for the last few seasons
    I'm dude from a parallel timeline fighting a transhuman pre human incel that took my synth mommy while fighting alongside the synth brother of that first synth while raiding their freaky techno-organic cathedral spaceships with doors that look like buttholes.
    I do this while flying a gothic skull mech, and inhabiting the armor of cyborg dude forced to murder his own child by the incel dude as punishment for being...well, happy, going by ballas' behavior these last few hours.

We call them sphinctdoors

• dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular

Oh Shi...t ... Wait, what? LMAO.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular

goddamnit, sev.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    edited May 2022

Oh wow, I was wondering why I had shields, thought it was a vazarin power or something. How are people liking the new focus trees? I kinda miss unairu's defensive aura, but now it can straight up strip all the defenses off of everything, so I'm not too sad about it lol.

Etiowsa on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    havent played in about 9 months probs how is new war is stuff in a good spot for a dip

obF2Wuw.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    new war has the bugs long ironed out at least, and there's a new major thing after that too now, so yeah good chunk of #CONTENT to chew on

BahamutZERO.gif
    havent played in about 9 months probs how is new war is stuff in a good spot for a dip

New War is some good shit. New focus trees are pretty decent. Worthwhile.

I wish Naramon had a little more going on tbh. Like if the +50% crit was a flat bonus tacked onto the end of the formula that would be nice, instead of just getting lumped in with the mods (one third of a Point Strike is depressingly low). Maybe they could add the old inner might heavy attack efficiency node to replace the +affinity amount node, because why is that a thing anyway.

I just saw a video by MrWarframeGuy about Yareli's surging blades augment.

It's mad powerful, especially if you helminth on an ability like Ensnare to group up enemies.
    SurgingBladesMod.png
    What it doesn't mention is that the aquablade deals forced slash-procs. Not a lot of enemies survive 10,000 damage armor-ignoring slash procs.

I just saw a video by MrWarframeGuy about Yareli's surging blades augment.

It's mad powerful, especially if you helminth on an ability like Ensnare to group up enemies.
    SurgingBladesMod.png
    What it doesn't mention is that the aquablade deals forced slash-procs. Not a lot of enemies survive 10,000 damage armor-ignoring slash procs.

Water shuriken rasengan

• Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Maybe they could add the old inner might heavy attack efficiency node to replace the +affinity amount node, because why is that a thing anyway.

There is a combo you can do with that node to get your syndicate effects to trigger more often, making the bonuses they give you slightly more reliable.

But yeah, we're pretty far past the point where anyone is using melee weapons with syndicate augments, so that node does seem pretty useless most of the time.

Never tried this before for whatever reason, but I find it hilarious to tag enemies with the lega to inflict dudes with the void status (the green magnetic bubble) and then secondary fire the discus (Phahd) into it. The disc can't escape and just spins around the target chewing it up lol.

• tyrantula22tyrantula22 Registered User regular
    Has anyone had an issue where the sub-gear menu thing (fishing spear/bait/dye or Tranq/Lure) is showing up in the middle of the screen? It's like right at or below my crosshair and it makes fishing/hunting a pain with that covering what I'm trying to aim at. I've looked through the options and didn't see anything that sounded like it might help there and reloaded the game as well but it's still there. It was in the corner a few days ago and now it's always in the middle of the screen. Also I'm playing on PC

Battletag: Tyrantula22#1623
    Steam ID
    You know what the companion app is great for? Converting Sentient cores. This is a pain in the ass. (Yes I know I could go do Eidolons I don't want to do Eidolons I just want my Magus Husk maxed now thx.)

Also there's no... Monetary way to get the resources for/trade for/whatever the stuff I need to rank up Little Duck, is there? Those fucking toroids...

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I don't think so. Just painful slow farming of the Orb Vallis bases, or running the big Orb Vallis boss missions and hoping for the right rewards.

BahamutZERO.gif
    I've had consistent results over long periods of time just using ivaras pickpocket. I use the operator to get the alert level up for 10 minutes or so at each of the 3 main toroid areas and come away with tons. Of course I murder them once I've picked their pocket, but it's a lot of toroids. Especially with the cat and a booster.

I have literally never seen a green toroid. Whichever they are. Maybe 2, I might have like 2 or something. I've done the bounties, I've done the farming, but they only drop from like, 3 mobs that come out 6 at a time so it's shitty. (The teeny spiders)

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    For rank you probably want to use the boss toroids anyway, they're worth a lot more, and way easier to farm. Especially with a group

steam_sig.png
    Spoit wrote: »
    For rank you probably want to use the boss toroids anyway, they're worth a lot more, and way easier to farm. Especially with a group

Yeah but I need 'em to rank up. I've literally been stuck at the R2 sacrifice (5 vega, 10 systems) since... Years now. Nothing drops them for me. I just spent an hour at the spaceport with both resource boosters, a Smeeta, and a Nekros; zip.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

Yeah but I need 'em to rank up. I've literally been stuck at the R2 sacrifice (5 vega, 10 systems) since... Years now. Nothing drops them for me. I just spent an hour at the spaceport with both resource boosters, a Smeeta, and a Nekros; zip.

Dang, I remember those days. (For me they were, literally, days - before I managed to scrape that many together - but you have my sympathies.)

• HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    I'm so glad I managed to somehow pull together a group that spent maybe an hour or two farming toroids and I'm pretty sure I have all I need for rank up.

Now, Atmo Systems, I'm convinced they don't exist.

I got so good at speed running bounties for atmo systems over the week or two I farmed them for hours every day that I could do them largely with my eyes closed. They just wouldn't drop.

• dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    I think the game somehow knows that you're looking for a specific thing sometimes and intentionally makes them NOT DROP

I've had a hell of a time getting the Lith relic to drop for Garuda. Busted open over 20 syndicate relic packs and got one relic. Scrapped together another two, radded them all, ran a radshare and came away with buttkiss. Still haven't gotten the Neuroptics yet that drop from that relic. Sometimes the RNGods just don't like you and sometimes the game is just fuck!ng with you because reasons.

However, I've heard rumors that complaining on Penny Arcade forums will appease the RNGods.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    I think the game somehow knows that you're looking for a specific thing sometimes and intentionally makes them NOT DROP
    That's called the Desire Sensor.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    My enthusiasm for this update had been almost entirely crushed by three factors:

1) The bonkers numbers of Pinions you need to craft the new stuff
    2) The Void Angels only give you one (1) Pinion and you get at most one Angel per mission
    3) Void Angels are bugged in a way such that you can't actually go in their bubble and therefore can't beat them.

That was yesterday, and then I tried it again today and the Angel actually worked...except for then another bug happened where the Zariman Mobile Defense bounty just...doesn't end right now. So I lost the single pinion that I had managed to get.

• ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Reading up on the update, I'm just sticking to my nightwave and relic and syndicate loop, for now, and doing the Gift of the Lotus missions.

Will wait for some of the other stuff to be ironed out. I did go ahead and invest in some waybound unlocks and focus school trees, based purely on what looks really useful to me and on the assumption that void sling is something I don't want to bother using in combat.

I noticed they really slowed down the swap in/out of spoiler mode, which is a bit of a bummer for the arcane that I use to heal some of the less tanky warframes. And will slow down my play style a bit in Steel Path with those frames. But given that I recently switched the balance of my play time to sleeper builds with low-tier weaponry specifically in pursuit of that very goal, that's not really a punch in the dick. I was more concerned about the eximus stuff, on account of those single-target weapons, but that was overhyped and maybe won't be a big deal for my "silk hat on a pig" Braton.

ArmsForPeace84 on
    Nothing personal. It's just business.
    Eh, I just run the exterminate, don't bother with the bounties. It's kinda fun, just a bunch of exploring a kinda spooky map with an easy enough kill goal, then an angel fight. Very chill. Yeah it's only 1x Pinion per, but you need tons of plumes for rep turnins, and I look at it as farming 2 for 1.

I haven't noticed spoiler mode being any slower/faster tbh, seems about the same. Swap back in with melee is fast as hell though, which is neat.

This discussion has been closed.