As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We are canceling the apocalypse! (Final Fantasy XIV)

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    tbh given how they've talked about their item id situation i doubt they're chomping at the bit to add more item types

liEt3nH.png
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2022
    So for my casual glamours, I am using a patrician's set as a base and I am using the 55 set for the other. Since I can't glamour an appearance to a piece of gear that is higher level than it is, I am looking for higher level pieces to use for casual glamour base sets. Are there any sets of equipment that are level 70 or higher and wearable by all jobs? Also, I am looking for accessories to use with these sets. The highest thing I see on the market board that is wearable by all jobs is level 57. Not helpful.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    I don't think there are, they stopped making all-job gear after some HW crafting gear, except for level 1 gear with no stats intended to be glamoured over anything. It might be easier to keep the mark-55 set itself in your bags if you don't want to use glamour plates to swap between both your casual and non-casual glamours.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2022
    ranged dps have chronic crystal allergies they can't help it they get hives

To be fair, Bard does more damage at longer range. Kind of counterintuitive design for the Crystal Conflict mechanics.

Echo on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

To be fair, Bard does more damage at longer range. Kind of counterintuitive design for the Crystal Conflict mechanics.

Pretty much all the ranged classes want to be at range most of the time. As in, safely away from scary threats while they blast away.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

I would be very curious about the percentage of people who hug the crystal and have serious payload mode hours in TF2, Overwatch, etc.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Got MCH to 90! This means I finished the ranged role quests and did the capstone; what a treat.

And thus I moved onto patch 6.1! GOD there is some hilarious and lovely stuff in here.
    ffxiv_04292022_233022_871.png

I understand how you could make this mistake, as we're both Azure Dragoons, but I'm the one with financial sense. Also, I'm taller.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    My double xp buff for moving to Ravanna is gone! I knew this day would come, but I'm a sad panda rn.

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Yeah, I got about this far before running out of XP buff on Sophia.
    IHG3M2k.png
    But eh, I've leveled everything without that buff before, I can do it again.

This is how far I've gotten - a good chunk down but lots of fun ahead. I remember shortly after I started, seeing someone who was maxed in everything and thinking that I wanted to get to that one day.
    6a6vflrghmn0.png
    Speaking of fun, I like this armor set so much - suits MCH perfectly. Will be using this for a long time.
    1fyqdtdgmq7d.png

edited April 2022
    By the way, a small FF11 crossover event is doing a rerun right now, can get an armor set from it. Don't recall where it starts though.
    Ah it starts in the Drowning Wench in Limsa https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2022/The_Maidens_Rhapsody/u8fwlp9ev3

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Evermourn wrote: »
    My double xp buff for moving to Ravanna is gone! I knew this day would come, but I'm a sad panda rn.

I barely got everything to 70 with the double-XP buff during ShB. Probably wouldn't have been able to get them to 80 in 90 days.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    Something I've wondered for awhile - I check the MB occasionally for the price of timeworn treasure maps to see which one I should gather to sell. It seems that one will be the most expensive for a couple of weeks, then another one will suddenly move up, and then again in a few weeks it will happen again. Is there some item which is on rotation through the various portals, hence everyone moving to a different one? Or is it just a group of people will decide they want an item/mats from one particular map and they start in on that one, leaving the last one behind?

no idea why that would be, I usually only pay attention to the newest party-difficulty map, which usually spikes in price on new patches when they add new things to the treasure dungeon rewards.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Different maps do have different items, I'm pretty sure, so it might just be that map runners notice a shortage of those mats/items made from them and jump on it.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    It only takes a couple 8 man map groups to noticeably impact the map price on a given server. Each map group will buy 24 maps - 3 maps per person - and if two groups run in a day that's 50 maps taken off the MB if they bought most of them.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    There's also a group of maps that are used for S-rank hunt spawns. The map spawns (Agrippa the Mighty and The Pale Rider) have only a tiny chance of popping when the maps are completed, even if they are at their window cap. These can get super expensive when someone is fervently trying to spawn those S-ranks.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Playing NG+ and I encountered something that got me thinking. Very latest content spoilers:
    In the omicron section of Ultima Thule, there's a first person "find the thing" section. And looking around, you can find the Adventurous Abystoma, possibly the same one from Elpis. Also, I saw the Shoebill on the moon, as well - what if these creatures are the same type of entity as the "auspices" (for want of a more specific term) from Aglaia?

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Playing NG+ and I encountered something that got me thinking. Very latest content spoilers:
    In the omicron section of Ultima Thule, there's a first person "find the thing" section. And looking around, you can find the Adventurous Abystoma, possibly the same one from Elpis. Also, I saw the Shoebill on the moon, as well - what if these creatures are the same type of entity as the "auspices" (for want of a more specific term) from Aglaia?
    I think they're probably only going to ever remain as simple easter eggs. You can also spot the Ambystoma in the same kind of minigame back in Labyrinthos.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I know it's probably a bad idea to directly compare FF14 monsters with Monster Hunter monsters, but Bismarck does not stack up to Jhen Mohran at all.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    csbi5ixhwd3m.png

et0yzv4894s4.png

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Finally got all 60 fates for the Endwalker zones, and the rewards are kinda disappointing, especially after Shadowbringers rewards. One minion, and the central shop doesn’t give anything extra except a glamour, and the opportunity to farm even MORE fates.

Welp, seeing that I want that 3000 fate robe, looks like I’ll be grinding even more.

edited May 2022
    What's the central shop glamour?

Also jesus christ grinding 3k fates sounds like death

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Sharlayan Diadema in Old Sharlayan and Thavnairian Ribbon in Radz-at-Hahn.

Yeah... the fate grinding stuff was bad enough in ShB, the EW stuff is insane.

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    iirc some of the fate rewards were added throughout the patch cycle in shb

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    they have already added some new bicolor gemstone rewards to the EW vendors, like I think they added a Solus zos Galvus painting to the appropriate zone's vendor.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    A few orchestrion rolls were added, too

aTBDrQE.jpg
    A very hard fought CC just now that ended in a draw! Not seen one before.

Yeah, a draw can happen - usually if both teams hit the checkpoint but don't break it, but I've had a draw with both teams past it.

If the losing team matches the winning team's %, they can no longer lose - the winning team doesn't get a chance to do a run back the other way, that's where a draw happens.

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    HW BEAST TRIBE ALLIED QUESTS *DONE*

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    We don't use the B word anymore, Lucid!

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Bro Tribes

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.

The Vanu are the worst, I'll be so happy to be done with them.

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Evermourn wrote: »

The Vanu are the worst, I'll be so happy to be done with them.

At least the zone is pretty and has nice BGM. But yeah, hello quests on the other side of the map!

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Bestie Tribes

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Namazu never summoned a primal

They are just small fishmen

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Namazu never summoned a primal

They are just small delicious fishmeat

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    The namazu summoned a primal but it was just a namazu primal and no one noticed

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.