As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pokemon Go] Ultra Beast mode

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Yep, that change and a new special research just dropped (quest chains were such a great addition to this game)

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Also a Mega Kangaskahn event May 1 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., which gives you five raid passes and boosted shiny chances.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    First impression based on play since last week, I find the new mega system to be a huge improvement for the game.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Bah, I relented and bought the Go Fest ticket thing this weekend. $15 for like 3 days of events and cool pokemon didn't seem like that bad of a deal. I honestly couldn't give a shit about Shaymin but I really enjoy the community days and stuff so I just think the event itself will be fun.

I am curious though, the graphic for it shows Tropius but the writeup doesn't mention him anywhere. I really hope he's a reward for doing something in the event and not like false advertising. (Tropius is one of my favorites, he's just so goofy I love him)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited May 2022
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Bah, I relented and bought the Go Fest ticket thing this weekend. $15 for like 3 days of events and cool pokemon didn't seem like that bad of a deal. I honestly couldn't give a shit about Shaymin but I really enjoy the community days and stuff so I just think the event itself will be fun.

I am curious though, the graphic for it shows Tropius but the writeup doesn't mention him anywhere. I really hope he's a reward for doing something in the event and not like false advertising. (Tropius is one of my favorites, he's just so goofy I love him)

Give Niantic a little credit. :P Yes, Tropius will be available as long as you have a ticket and use an incense during the rainforest hours. (And before you assume, yes, the event will almost certainly give you some incense pretty quickly. Past Go Fests did.)

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/gofest2022-tickets-shaymin-fulldetails/

Edit: Be warned that they changed incense so that you literally have to be walking around for it to work. But the incense-exclusive Pokemon should be pretty plentiful.

cloudeagle on
    edited May 2022
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Give Niantic a little credit. :P Yes, Tropius will be available as long as you have a ticket and use an incense during the rainforest hours. (And before you assume, yes, the event will almost certainly give you some incense pretty quickly. Past Go Fests did.)

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/gofest2022-tickets-shaymin-fulldetails/

Edit: Be warned that they changed incense so that you literally have to be walking around for it to work. But the incense-exclusive Pokemon should be pretty plentiful.

Is he from incense? I went over that whole page and Tropius isn't mentioned anywhere. Unless I'm just totally blind.

Edit: Yes, I am blind confirmed, there he is. Bah, he doesn't stand out at all next to all those Unown :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    @MNC Dover Any chance your wife's team has influence over this change? If so, any chance it will be something that can be toggled on or off?

z2acukwwurx81.jpg

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Ruldar wrote: »
    @MNC Dover Any chance your wife's team has influence over this change? If so, any chance it will be something that can be toggled on or off?

z2acukwwurx81.jpg

She said her team doesn't work with that feature, but she did bring it up to those who did. Supposedly it's supposed to only be for new and returning users and will go away automatically after a while. Don't quote her on this though.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    She said her team doesn't work with that feature, but she did bring it up to those who did. Supposedly it's supposed to only be for new and returning users and will go away automatically after a while. Don't quote her on this though.

Awesome, that sounds great.

edited May 2022
    Hey, people that have been playing for a long time - did they add swarms or something at some point? Several times now I've noticed that all the spawns just randomly seem to change to TONS of one specific Pokemon, basically looking like a mini community day. Like, two days ago I suddenly got an explosion of Wingulls. I've seen tons and tons of Exeggcute once too and some other stuff. I don't ever remember this being a thing when I used to play so is this something they added?

Warlock82 on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    There are spotlight hours of nothing but one type of pokemon, usually with a bonus like double stardust or xp.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    Also one of the regular bonuses that pop up once a month is double transfer candy, which is useful when you're grinding legendaries/rare ones.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    I finally found a shiny magikarp! But it’s stats suck. :cry: Then I found another! But it’s stats also suck! :scream:
    Any chance of a “fuse two pokes into one super poke” machine in game anytime soon? :cookie:

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    edited May 2022
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    I finally found a shiny magikarp! But it’s stats suck. :cry: Then I found another! But it’s stats also suck! :scream:
    Any chance of a “fuse two pokes into one super poke” machine in game anytime soon? :cookie:

I mean, the main games allow for you to EV train and stuff. I wish Go had something like that - like being able to feed a pokemon vitamins to boost one of their stats.

(side note, if we are wishing features into existence, I really wish there was more avatar customization options... like, gimme different hair styles. That seems like an easy enough one :3 Honestly a feature I've wanted for so long. Was just reminded of it last night while looking through all the new clothing options since last time I played)

Warlock82 on

I mean, the main games allow for you to EV train and stuff. I wish Go had something like that - like being able to feed a pokemon vitamins to boost one of their stats.

(side note, if we are wishing features into existence, I really wish there was more avatar customization options... like, gimme different hair styles. That seems like an easy enough one :3 Honestly a feature I've wanted for so long. Was just reminded of it last night while looking through all the new clothing options since last time I played)

Heck, just some options for the parts they included but haven’t added to since the game was released, like necklaces.

edited May 2022

Heck, just some options for the parts they included but haven’t added to since the game was released, like necklaces.

Oh yeah, that would be amazing. There's like 3 choices there. Belts too I think. I was kind of surprised to see there wasn't anything new when I looked. (also sad that hats and earrings occupy the same slot T_T)

Warlock82 on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Ruldar wrote: »

z2acukwwurx81.jpg

Noooo

How are we going to know if we've caught a Pokemon prior to the "click" now?
    Caught poke notifications are meant to hold up the endless stream of all the great throw notifications and such.

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular

Best bet is to find someone to mirror trade. That rerolls IVs.

But otoh IVs are usually overrated anyway.

Grobian wrote: »

Best bet is to find someone to mirror trade. That rerolls IVs.

But otoh IVs are usually overrated anyway.

Yeah, I know, I’m just griping. Been after a golden Karp for … how long has this game been out again? Only to find two(!) almost in a row and they’re both kinda terrible.

Pretty much all shinies you'll find will have crappy IVs, aside from ones you get from raids.

Or missions

There's an absurdly good promo code - I'll keep what you get a surprise, but trust me, it's worth the effort.

KG6EWDZRBK49KAY8

iOS link

edited May 2022
    There's an absurdly good promo code - I'll keep what you get a surprise, but trust me, it's worth the effort.

KG6EWDZRBK49KAY8

iOS link

Am now expecting a Mewtwo :P (jk)

Edit: Code didn't work :(

Warlock82 on
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Yeah it's being reported a few places but I haven't seen confirmation it actually works

Didn't work for me, either

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Guess it died pretty quick - I was able to get mine.

KG6EWDZRBK49KAY8

iOS link

Where did you get the code from

discrider wrote: »

KG6EWDZRBK49KAY8

iOS link

Where did you get the code from

Leek Duck. (Which is an awesome resource.)

But it appears to be dead now.

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Yeah I tried that code last night and it was dead for me.

:so_raven:
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Since it's dead now, what was it?

steam_sig.png
    Just a quick heads-up; the wife and I will be traveling to another Community Day, this time in St. Louis. The address is:

Tower Grove Park
    4257 Northeast Dr,
    St. Louis, MO

First time for both of us in St. Louis, so this should be fun. If anyone here lives in the area, stop by and say hi! The event runs from 11am-2pm (local time) and there should be some swag to give away alongside the Geodude. My name is Ben and I'll be wearing a black Niantic hat. Hope to see someone there.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Come on Magikarp and Carvanha, I've caught enough of you for one of you to be shiny or perfect.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    my wife went to catch a feraligatr last night and took my phone so she could just duo the raid. she apparently also caught me a 4 star magikarp and also a shiny magikarp. but we have still yet to see a fucking helioptile raid.

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    And she got revenge by getting a shiny scarfed Lapras.

I'm gonna assume no one playing Pokemon Go lives in St. Louis. :)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I'm gonna assume no one playing Pokemon Go lives in St. Louis. :)

I had tickets to the St. Louis Safari Zone before COVID nuked it. :(

I'm almost close enough to do St. Louis, but not enough.

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Magikarp spotlight hour.
    4 minutes left
    400 Magikarp caught in the Pokedex
    Finally got my shiny.
    Now I have a beautiful red Gyarados.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    If you're a member of Amazon Prime, you can get item bundles every two weeks through the summer. First one's 30 pokeballs, five max revives, and a star piece. Go here:

https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/pokemongo

The new mega system has continue to be a huge win for me. I spent basically the entire water festival hunting down the Gyarados and Blastoise mega energy quests all to fuel my mega evolution store of energy, probably did dozens of them over the course of the last week.

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    New mega system is great.

Cost increase for remote passes and also no more free remote passes is bad. I can get that they want to get people back to in-person raids. I can understand doing it now, because everyone else also acts like the pandemic is over. But I just don't get how Niantic is always so bad at community management. Like, just give bonuses for in-person raids instead of taking something away from players. It's so easy to not have a riot on their hands but they fail every time.