As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Football/Soccer] - Harry Kane - Goals: 267, Trophies: 0

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Nein
    Bogart wrote: »
    I just checked the scoreline and fuckin what?

Brighton should have had more, hit the post and all

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    Apparently United decide to end their season after the last home match

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Pellaeon wrote: »
    Apparently United decide to end their season after the last home match

They're safely in European competion, what is the point of actually trying any harder?

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    The song is equally about football being hosted in England again in 1996 so it technically already did come home in a very real sense
    I’ll admit, the Man U shoreline did cheer me up.

Yes, if “it” is absurd pre-tournament over-hyping of a team followed by under achievement
    Ruh roh

The song is equally about football being hosted in England again in 1996 so it technically already did come home in a very real sense
    Diaz has definitely earned his pay this week.

Title all but gone, alas

• ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    No
    I'll take the draw.

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
    Title all but gone, alas

I’d laugh my arse off if City managed to lose tomorrow.

M-Vickers wrote: »
    Title all but gone, alas

I’d laugh my arse off if City managed to lose tomorrow.

Even if they do, barring city pulling a united the GD will likely go from +1 to +2. And city has been far more prolific in their wins of late.

However, a slim chance is still a chance, can only let the matches play out and hope for the best.

Nein
    thank u based conte

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    I know it's not over until it's over, but it's looking pretty over right now.

sig.gif
    edited May 2022
    It was probably over after the draw at the ethiad, just playing it out now on the off chance of a fluke

Pellaeon on
    I hope Liverpool rest their main players tomorrow, rest them up for Saturday.

Accept second in the league, focus on the two finals they have coming up.

Three trophies for the season would still be amazing.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I don't know why Liverpool are worried when we'll obviously beat Man City on Wednesday night.

I don't know why Liverpool are worried when we'll obviously beat Man City on Wednesday night.

Well, obviously you'll beat us on the last match day as well, so it washes out. We need city to drop points elsewhere as well.

Obviously

Nein
    it'll be very funny watching liverpool fans trying to rationalise that they won a treble without having won the treble

Tav wrote: »
    it'll be very funny watching liverpool fans trying to rationalise that they won a treble without having won the treble

It's a triple, but not the treble.

Not a bad haul for the season, if it comes off. I think most fans would have taken it at the start of the season, especially if the questioner added "City win the league, but you can tell Pep is salty about losing the Champions League again..."

Nein
    nah, the funniest situation is liverpool dropping points to Villa and losing the league because of Stevie G again

: )

Nein
    : (

I was driving home at the start of the match and my phone kept firing alerts: match started, goal, goal, like wtf settle down!

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    As fun as that all turned out to be, the bigger news of the day is that FIFA and EA have ended their partnership. The game will be known as EA Sports FC in future releases.

Perhaps Electronic Arts didn't want to have anything to do with Qatar, either. (Six months!)

I'm seeing city up 3-1, eagerly awaiting the wolves comeback.

De bruyne trying to win the golden boot in a single match

Nein
    De bruyne trying to win the golden boot in a single match

amazing player, awful beard

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    As fun as that all turned out to be, the bigger news of the day is that FIFA and EA have ended their partnership. The game will be known as EA Sports FC in future releases.

Perhaps Electronic Arts didn't want to have anything to do with Qatar, either. (Six months!)

I mean, FIFA needed EA more than EA needed FIFA.

sig.gif
    Take De Bruyne off the field and we’re basically as good as City.

• tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular

Lucky for them that they just bought Haaland then.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
    Nein
    with news that the goat might be leaving Man Utd at the end of the season, I decided to finally pull the trigger on getting a jersey with a player's name on it
    6mewgbojtfue.png

jonesy 1
    gerrard nil

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular

Still quite can't believe how "cheap" the signing itself (I've no idea of wages nowadays); Lukaku cost Chelsea £90 million, City were trying to sign Kane for over £100 million and yet Haaland gets signed for £51 million.

I'm aware there's release clauses and all that, and you probably can't compare so simplistically, but it seems a very good deal.

PSN Fleety2009
  • tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

Still quite can't believe how "cheap" the signing itself (I've no idea of wages nowadays); Lukaku cost Chelsea £90 million, City were trying to sign Kane for over £100 million and yet Haaland gets signed for £51 million.

I'm aware there's release clauses and all that, and you probably can't compare so simplistically, but it seems a very good deal.

It's also great for Haaland, because it opened the bidding for him to a much wider set of clubs. Basically any major club could pay that release so he got to pick the deal he wanted to take. Reports are conflicted, but he is likely going to be making just below what De Bruyne is in wages.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
    Nein
    that release clause doesn't account for Raiola's agency's fees (£42 million) and alfe inge's fees (£25 million) and fees going to Dortmund (£8.5 million)

it'll be amortised over 5 years but the overall fee is closer £125 million

still cheaper than what levy wanted for kane for a younger player. If I was Harold looking at haaland's supposed wages, i'd be beating the shit out of my brother rn

• CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond I've been out walking Registered User regular
    No again, but secretly you think yes but don’t want to jinx it
    https://www.reddit.com/r/classicsoccer/comments/unily9/sean_dyche_tackle_northampton_days/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

I don’t know how to embed this but heres Sean Dyche in his pomp

• Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    with news that the goat might be leaving Man Utd at the end of the season, I decided to finally pull the trigger on getting a jersey with a player's name on it
    6mewgbojtfue.png

jonesy 1
    gerrard nil

As both A) a relatively new fan and 2) an American, I bought my first jersey before the start of this season, since I’d finally be able to not look like a walking car company billboard. …I went with a Rashford jersey. (He edged out Bruno for my by virtue of being with the club longer, plus the whole Sir Marcus MBE angle.)

Clearly, his complete collapse this season is entirely my fault, and I owe a lot of fans an apology.

• ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    No
    COYS.

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond I've been out walking Registered User regular
    No again, but secretly you think yes but don’t want to jinx it
    I support Gateshead now anyway, god-kings of the Vanarama National League North.

Nein
    a 4 hour round trip to watch us lose 3-1 where two of the goals shouldn't have counted

the beautiful game

I should already know this but Forest’s away kit this year is the cover to a trance album from 1997.

vfnw8t4djuda.jpeg

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I should already know this but Forest’s away kit this year is the cover to a trance album from 1997.

vfnw8t4djuda.jpeg

https://youtu.be/IUJsCvsuhbg

Allegedly a voice of reason.