As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SE++ Minecraft: We're Still Here!

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    Event's over for now, but I am always more than happy to start again at any time.

I saved all the loot I earned in a chest, Aeyther too. I intend to sell these for emeralds at some point.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    I have Halloween off this year, so in the theme of the day, if you give me a joke I'll give you a trick or a treat!

(The trick is death.)

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Is there going to be a new map when the update drops in November or December?

• Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    Is there going to be a new map when the update drops in November or December?

Right now the plan is to expand the border, the current map was generated with the new worldgen stuff already.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    well other than the new worldgen algorithms to generate terrain different, with bigger and better vertical features and such, right? since that wasn't in the preview?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Yeah we missed out in it going up and specific types of cave like lush

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I went searching for mountains for my mine, and I didn't see anything that wasn't available before.

• Options
    the new world generation is in the snapshot build right now, it's pretty cool. Looking forward to doing some kind of large dwarf fortress in a mountain on the server soon.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    OP has been updated with updated server IP info, the old URL will stop working soonish.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Hey y'all, the Caves and Cliffs: Part 2 update is live on Bedrock and Java versions of the game!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    The server's been updated to 1.18! Go find those caves and cliffs!

• Options
    edited December 2021
    A few changes/updates with the 1.18 release:
    • The world border has been expanded to allow for new terrain generation, so please feel free to explore!
    • Keep Inventory has been turned on, so folks shouldn't have to worry about losing everything should they decide to go exploring and meet with an unexpected end. There will be an alternative penalty for dying, likely one that is less obnoxious than losing all your enchanted items.
    • Paper is still in "experimental" so things may be wonky.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular

Seems bad! Paper and Forge have or are working on updates.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    lmao "affects minecraft" is the year's biggest understatement
    https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/dec/10/software-flaw-most-critical-vulnerability-log-4-shell
    "half the servers on the internet are fucked" is a more accurate description

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I had to migrate my account from mojang to microsoft and after doing so I finally got microsoft to recognize that I own the game but now when I try to login through microsoft it keeps telling me I can't be logged in and none of the suggestions have worked.

Anyone know anything about this and how I can fix it?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    I had to migrate my account from mojang to microsoft and after doing so I finally got microsoft to recognize that I own the game but now when I try to login through microsoft it keeps telling me I can't be logged in and none of the suggestions have worked.

Anyone know anything about this and how I can fix it?

I think I had a similar issue, I ended up deleting the .minecraft folder under /Users/<name>/AppData/Roaming/ (After backing up my screenshots, saves, servers.dat) and retrying, then it seemed to work.

I also still use the old launcher, the new one from the Microsoft Store doesn't seem to work for me.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Hey folks,

Due to a number of factors, such as inactivity on the current map, poor blending between 1.17 and 1.18 terrain, and a second map that has popped up which a number of folks here have already played on, we have decided to retire the current map and make the second map that was generated on 1.18 the default map for people to play on if they wish. The server info is all the same but it will now point to the new map. If you were whitelisted already you don't need to do anything, but if there's any issues joining please reach out to me.

Some notable changes from previous maps will be PVP in enabled, keep-inventory is enabled (some alternative death penalty will be added), but general rules of "Don't be a Dick" still apply. Don't steal people's stuff, but also hide your diamonds.

Since we initially said we would keep the current map around for longer, if you have a build you want to keep working on we will be willing to copy it over to somewhere on the new map. Any moved builds do need to already have a good amount of investment put into it and mob farms won't be copied over. PM me here or in discord if you want something moved over.

I'll get a copy of the 1.17 map up for download here soonish for those who want a copy for themselves.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    Been playing Minecraft lately and I gotta say that the latest few updates are amazing, I've really missed out. These huge, open caves make mining feel like way more of an adventure than they ever did before, and the nether is just so fuckin cool now. Also, I have only just now started using the enchantment table and it's been a huge help. I feel dumb for having never used it before lol. Playing on Bedrock instead of java, so it's just me and myself.
    eT1S15B.png
    Xd0mboy.png
    it6r0QP.png
    OrEA4yO.png
    fZsbuvq.png
    ll3gk6m.png
    clB8XUz.png
    Y4Y3Zyx.png

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Can anyone recommend a good Minecraft NPC mod for 1.18? I've been giving Minecolonies a try, but it seems more like it was built for people who don't want to build anything themselves, which isn't me. My ideal mods would be anything that gets me closer to Minecraft Dwarf Fortress (If DF didn't run like butts). Anything that makes NPCs do something and act a bit more alive than the cows.

• Options
    Vrtra TheoryVrtra Theory Registered User regular
    Logged on Aeyther's for the first time in over a year I think and tooled around, saw some purple tree vines, a giant amethyst geode, all kinds of weird ores (copper I found out later) in rock, etc. Pretty fancy stuff.

I don't know if it's quite grabbed me to play again though. It might be cool to build a new deepslate castle, but then I've got to sit down and dig a big hole, mine up a bunch of slow rock, do all that base prep and and and... it can be an investment :).

Are you a Software Engineer living in Seattle? HBO is hiring, message me.
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I joined the server today and found a place to build a little thing. I think I still prefer to play modded minecraft, but I'll play enough to build the thing I want. I've managed to level off most of the area where I want to build and get a bunch of dirt to fill in the coarse dirt so I can have grass. Then I remembered that I hate the dumb things that attack you when you don't sleep.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Hey folks,

I was reached out to by several individuals who expressed interest in playing again but wanted a new map to start fresh. With there being very little to no activity on the current map, the decision was made to retire the current map and start fresh.

The new map was generated with some fancy datapack terrain generation so the biomes should be a bit fancier than vanilla, but it's all still unmodded. The death system is a grave stone (stone fence) that will show your name and you just right click to get your stuff back after you die, so hopefully nothing will get lost to a fall into lava but there's some work involved.

URL is the same: minecraft.aeyther.org
    Dynmap: http://minecraft.aeyther.org:8123/

I will try to get the last 2 maps up for download here shortly.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Is it the same biome pack as last time? That works for me, I was secretly unhappy with the biome I settled in but I was committed to it...

• Options
    Yeah same people, but thanks to 1.18.2 fixing structure generation they can now modify villages and shot as well. The nether and End were completely redone with fucked up dungeons

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Google drive with the last 2 maps: [link]

Aeyther on
  • Options
    5exvule6ayzp.png

We found a fleet of trader vessels!

And then another!

And then another!

Ans then 8 fucking pirate ships!

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    The server has been updated to 1.19!

• Options
    Server has been updated to 1.19.2.

Apologies for the delay!

• Options
    It's that time again where I pick up and play this game obsessively for a few weeks/months! It's still Bedrock and not java because Bedrock just runs so much better. I like to play offline and just chill and do my own thing, and this game is perfect for that. Not only am I still using the enchantment table like I discovered back in January, but I'm fishing and I walled off and grew and built up a village to trade with! Even got a conduit built under my home (it's on stilts over the water, using the new mangrove wood) and I just feel so dang accomplished. I need to do some more mining and get more diamonds, and also keep fishing for enchantments like mending and stuff.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Forgot to post a pic of my lil home so far lol

oo4xk2k7vcd7.png

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Triple-post, but I'm still playing Minecraft and I'm engaging with even more of it's systems and getting farther than ever before! Got tired of having to travel the 1000+ blocks to the village by boat so I made a road through the nether. Still took too long, and it was a ballache trying to track the villagers down since the town was so spread out, so I loaded two up in boats and dragged them all the way back home and set up my own internment camptrading hall. I now have a steady supply of emeralds, mending enchantments, diamond tools, weapons, and armor, and lots of other shit. I even have an automated sugarcane microfarm that uses observers to activate pistons that harvest the cane where they drop into a minecart with a hopper that goes in a circle on powered rails and passes over another hopper connected to a chest. Then I covered the machine up with a tower of deepslate, topped by a large skull crying lava because I'm an edgy manchild at heart. Also built a second conduit to extend my aquatic reach, and soon I'll be building another right above a monument so I can go in there and farm the fuck out of some guardians.
    i8wd3exojekj.png
    jc5h783j7jh1.png
    p9wrr2shyvar.png
    yfb8jtzpu6qn.png
    3t1q6wk0mjn5.png
    ef1zjklf3atj.png
    o303pmg9gsft.png
    shjvdfmh6vzo.png
    vjrn75oxy6v5.png
    8zuqwjxk5kom.png
    5ns7tn9m5fdy.png
    ucb6ntjpt9z7.png
    qnh7amu64ocw.png
    jb7f1o2300pa.png
    re17gwdav9uz.png
    mzb8996n7f04.png
    1t319mbp0z2i.png
    bke7n1s5xfdy.png
    1hxnu437dzaq.png

Hubert died immediately after I took that pic because I tried to rescue him by mining a path upwards for him, unleashing a torrent of lava and murdering my first nether pal 😭

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    This texture pack kinda makes quartz ore look like teeth inside walls made of meat, and I'm here for it

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Triple-post, but I'm still playing Minecraft and I'm engaging with even more of it's systems and getting farther than ever before! Got tired of having to travel the 1000+ blocks to the village by boat so I made a road through the nether. Still took too long, and it was a ballache trying to track the villagers down since the town was so spread out, so I loaded two up in boats and dragged them all the way back home and set up my own internment camptrading hall. I now have a steady supply of emeralds, mending enchantments, diamond tools, weapons, and armor, and lots of other shit. I even have an automated sugarcane microfarm that uses observers to activate pistons that harvest the cane where they drop into a minecart with a hopper that goes in a circle on powered rails and passes over another hopper connected to a chest. Then I covered the machine up with a tower of deepslate, topped by a large skull crying lava because I'm an edgy manchild at heart. Also built a second conduit to extend my aquatic reach, and soon I'll be building another right above a monument so I can go in there and farm the fuck out of some guardians.
    i8wd3exojekj.png
    jc5h783j7jh1.png
    p9wrr2shyvar.png
    yfb8jtzpu6qn.png
    3t1q6wk0mjn5.png
    ef1zjklf3atj.png
    o303pmg9gsft.png
    shjvdfmh6vzo.png
    vjrn75oxy6v5.png
    8zuqwjxk5kom.png
    5ns7tn9m5fdy.png
    ucb6ntjpt9z7.png
    qnh7amu64ocw.png
    jb7f1o2300pa.png
    re17gwdav9uz.png
    mzb8996n7f04.png
    1t319mbp0z2i.png
    bke7n1s5xfdy.png
    1hxnu437dzaq.png

Hubert died immediately after I took that pic because I tried to rescue him by mining a path upwards for him, unleashing a torrent of lava and murdering my first nether pal 😭

This is so amazing.

I started a realm for my kids and their friends and so far I've wasted hours creating a starting area/farm, surviving, and hollowing out a hidden base near bedrock and making it look "better" using the new deep slate blocks. I have a lot of research to do to catch up on what's available or possible with all this new stuff.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    I had to travel a looooong way to find a deep dark biome to get some skulk blocks (they're pretty!). Didn't find an ancient city to loot, but I did find a pillager tower on the way home that had an allay in a cage! I rescued it and it followed me home, and now I have four of them just flying around and giggling and stuff. If you have a jukebox play music they'll go to it and do a little dance and drop their items off at it instead of at you, and if you give them an amethyst shard while they're dancing they'll split in half to create a second allay.

I'm using the PixelBlock resource pack so they have a more fairyish skin to them, but even their default skin is pretty cute imo

xzedt3gsfmah.png
    tp4ahicfupfb.png

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Well after watching enough videos of others playing this game. I finally picked it up a few weeks ago. It's fun, but I have a dilemma. Pretty sure the next update is going to revamp at least one biome and add new stuff. So on one hand I don't want to get to invested in a map yet; especially, one that has loaded in chunks for either the birch forest, badlands or the end, since those are the ones mostly likely to get updates. On the other hand, the game is really fun and when I play, I can't help but go all out. So I already have a map where I've got a village that has most of the good enchants available and access to a nearby by cave spider farm.

I'm hoping at some point, that Mojang can find a better way to handle some of these updates. Ideally, maybe have a way to partially recreate maps so that people aren't put on the spot where it's either start a new map or make a hike to a new chunk. I know building a huge part of the game, but exploration also seems to be a feature and the way the updates work, that kind of punishes people for doing too much exploration.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    I haven't seen any endermen on this playthrough yet since I tend to play on peaceful difficulty most of the time, but when I was on my creative world testing out some build ideas I saw a handful and I really like how this texture pack makes them look! It's not a huge change, but it's enough to give em a lil somethin extra instead of just the original plain black.

Spoiler'd for tall:
    uzjgu9eodihk.png

edit: huh, that picture is way brighter on my monitor compared to my phone. Well still, I like their look

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    PvtCaboosePvtCaboose Halifax NS, CanadaRegistered User regular
    It has been a while. Hope everyone has been well.

• Options
    PvtCaboose wrote: »
    It has been a while. Hope everyone has been well.

I'm doin okay. I do miss all y'all 💚

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    PvtCaboosePvtCaboose Halifax NS, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Life, life keeps you pretty busy. One day you are playing with buds on a Minecraft server. You blink a pandemic happens, you have two kids one age 2 the other age 7 and you realize you haven't played Minecraft with buds in almost 7 years. Time is crazy. I miss doing crazy builds with all of you and the fun events that would happen.
    Some of my favorite minecraft memories were Midlurf and Ispawnbul (Not 100% on that name but I think I am close)

• Options
    I think those are correct

BahamutZERO.gif