As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] In which we discuss dice crime

• AsherAsher Registered User regular
    I haven't played Heresy in yonks it this box is mighty tempting. I for one love the plastic mk VI beakies.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Yeah my brother is a bit of a beakie-basher but I've always liked the MK VI helmet

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Those weapon packs probably only work with the Mk6 models, right? (Without at least minor conversion work)

Also, the left shoulder pad on the Mk6 is two parts?! So it works without undercuts.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Yup, two part shoulders so you don’t have tiny rivets smeared across the pad. Of course, the Internet being what it is, there’s already people whining about how that make the things harder to assemble cleanly and how the literally inevitable seam is going to ruin all their models…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Really they showed the sprue of the Mark Vi armor? I know the shoulder pad on Fafnir Rann is

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Those weapon packs probably only work with the Mk6 models, right? (Without at least minor conversion work)

Also, the left shoulder pad on the Mk6 is two parts?! So it works without undercuts.

Put it this way: Weapon packs makes havocs and devestator boxes obsolete, if the weapons are at a reasonable (by comparison) price point.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    edited May 2022
    Speaking of havocs, is there any background justification for them being now t5 and huge since the last codex?

I wonder how the shoulder mounted heavy weapon upgrade s like the lascannon work. Does the upgrade kit come with fitting arms or does the Mk6 kit come with them?

honovere on
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    They're coming down with a nasty case of the Obliterator virus and becoming one with their weapons.
    I don't know if it's implicit in their lore entry, but that's pretty clearly what's going on with them.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Speaking of havocs, is there any background justification for them being now t5 and huge since the last codex?

I wonder how the shoulder mounted heavy weapon upgrade s like the lascannon work. Does the upgrade kit come with fitting arms or does the Mk6 kit come with them?

Both your questions have the same answer: Through Chaos, all things are possible.

Brainleech wrote: »
    Really they showed the sprue of the Mark Vi armor? I know the shoulder pad on Fafnir Rann is
    Dunno about the sprue, but someone had a picture of one of the new MkVI assembled without care, and undercoated with equal sloppiness, that showed the assembly clearly.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    McGibs wrote: »
    They're coming down with a nasty case of the Obliterator virus and becoming one with their weapons.
    I don't know if it's implicit in their lore entry, but that's pretty clearly what's going on with them.

Yeah their heads are half way to obliterator

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Ah fuck.

Codex World Eaters? That might get me back into Chaos.

There's some pics of the Mk6 in all the legion colours from the event on Saturday floating around and the alpha legion version is the szand out for that mark in my opinion. And it looks dead simple, too. Just metal with contrast turquoise over the whole model with parts then picked out in metal again.

Death guard looks also neat. Generally I think it works better with the colour schemes that have different pauldron colours because with any trims on the armour it looks better with some colour blocking than with just a single colour.

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    New Lucius (pre-the Eternal) previewed for Horus Heresy.

Weirdly, the article doesn't say if it's a new plastic release or a Forgeworld resin model. (Hoping for the former, though expecting the latter...)

Edit: confirmed on twitter to be resin.

LordSolarMacharius on
    When I saw the headline, for a moment I thought, non imperial factions would be introduced to the heresy system. It's just the old factions from version 1 though.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Aside from some outliers (book tie-ins), I wouldn't expect any legion-specific stuff to be plastic.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    When I saw the headline, for a moment I thought, non imperial factions would be introduced to the heresy system. It's just the old factions from version 1 though.

I agree as I have mostly the aliens of 40k so Tyranids would be a no but the rest are in the maybe
    I have a talons of the emperor force but I need jetbikes and some sweet rides for them as well as a dread

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Id be surprised if any xenos make an appearance

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    In the Heresy itself? Yeah, not happening.
    If they do a Great Crusade expansion; Orks and Eldar will almost have to show up. Squats as well. They could also do a whole line of small factions for things like the Murder spiders.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I do hope they do a Great Crusade thing at some point.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    tc4pekmlwxef.png
    The combat patrol for the CSm

I feel I am going to wait and see what the World eaters get

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Its a really good combat patrol. Havocs are good, Normal legionaries look really good with the previews and leaks. Like 2w base 3 attack marines with armor of contempt is good. And their doctrines mean you can make them melee machines with 4 attacks and exploding 6s or bolters can do work with exploding 6s.

Apostle is an amazing model. I need to paint my new one.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    The CSM Combat Patrol looks neat, but selling a box containing a 10 man unit of CSM, a character, a heavy weapons squad, and a Dreadnought for what will likely be $160 seems kinda ballsy when the original CSM Start Collecting was a 10 man unit of CSM, a character, and a Dreadnought and was $80 cheaper.

Alternately, the current Start Collecting CSM is a 10 man unit of CSM, a character, a heavy weapons unit, a couple of Greater Possessed, and a Dreadnought equivalent and was priced at $95.

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    The CSM Combat Patrol looks neat, but selling a box containing a 10 man unit of CSM, a character, a heavy weapons squad, and a Dreadnought for what will likely be $160 seems kinda ballsy when the original CSM Start Collecting was a 10 man unit of CSM, a character, and a Dreadnought and was $80 cheaper.

Alternately, the current Start Collecting CSM is a 10 man unit of CSM, a character, a heavy weapons unit, a couple of Greater Possessed, and a Dreadnought equivalent and was priced at $95.

10 CSM
    5 Havoc
    Dreadnaught
    HQ & retinue

Vs

10 Infiltrators
    3 Eliminators
    3 Suppressors
    Repulsor Transport
    Lt HQ

Seems like a pretty equivalent box, and has more value for double dipping.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    What are they going to do with the current sc! csm box? I think there's several models that are only available there.

They set them out as individual kits usually

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular

The current SC is the monopose set, all on the sprues together.

Mayday wrote: »

The current SC is the monopose set, all on the sprues together.

The pox walker kit comes with half a plague marine

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    The pox walker kit comes with half a plague marine

Yeah. The two Obliterators come with the Venomcrawler on a sprue (from Shadowspear), so I imagine the three will have to be sold together. (Like how the Nighthaunt in AoS just had a release of "The Ethereal Court" announced. Rules wise, there's no reason for a Knight of Shrouds, Spirit Torment, and Guardian of Souls to be sold together - the three of them just shared a sprue in Soul Wars.)

(The two Greater Possessed share their sprue with CSMs, but now that regular Possessed are the same thing as them I assume they'll just go away.)

Thats why you've gotta pay 70 bucks for a malignant plaguecaster

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Dunno about the sprue, but someone had a picture of one of the new MkVI assembled without care, and undercoated with equal sloppiness, that showed the assembly clearly.

In today's painting demo I can see the riveted shoulder is bisected.
    But you can get a better overall look at a mini in the video as well
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdR94i6SEwg

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    We've come so far and they're still putting those stupid-ass, completely unnecessary hoses on power armor joints?

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    You're right, they should have hoses everywhere else on the armour too

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    Some interesting bits of votann lore:
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/10/the-lore-of-the-leagues-who-are-the-kin-and-where-do-they-come-from/

They gene engineered themselves into what the look like now and make heavy use of designer cloning.

• ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Some interesting bits of votann lore:
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/10/the-lore-of-the-leagues-who-are-the-kin-and-where-do-they-come-from/

They gene engineered themselves into what the look like now and make heavy use of designer cloning.

Read this as designer clothing at a glance, the paint jobs would be incredible! And now I want fancy space outfits... B)

49032wgobife.png
    It looks like that thing from the original star trek

As fun as that is, if the Leagues have those, they already won. Building megastructures on the scale of swallowing earth-like planets whole is pre-sleep Necron level tech.

I saw a bunch of videos from the Heresy day where they showed off the kits and such
    I do agree they did show off the Contemptor kit in the static generic way. A lot of the models were airbrushed so looked ok from a distance but looked better without my glasses and in a darkened room close. A lot of the praetors they showed off where custom so I am curious about the kit now since some had the axe in one hand or a different head or the trophy rack swapped?
    I am still torn as I do want to do a traitor legion

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Whelp signed up for the first gt of the year. Have an RTT in early June. Guess I gotta get the Deathwatch back into fighting shape.

u7stthr17eud.png