As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nba] franken-warriors rise as curse of the brook settles over lakers

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    wow big call on cp3
    classic cp3 stop in front of a dude and get a foul but this time didn't work out so well

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    Thats maybe the first time ive seen the refs actually give Paul a foul for that "run right in front of you and stop" bullshit that he just tried.

• Options
    wooow cp3 no discipline
    fish gonna swim, chris gonna dirty

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Cp seems oddly disengaged, like something happened off the court that has him in a funk. Even when he plays poorly, he's usually much more animated and involved.

• Options
    maybe it was his birthday

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    Mike Brown next coach of the Kings. After a bunch of years with the Warriors, gonna be quite the task

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I was really hoping for the Jackson signing, if only for the meme potential.

I wonder if this was a situation where Vivek wanted Jackson and literally everyone else in the org had to tell him NNOOOOOOOOooOOOoo.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Mike Brown is a good guy, I feel bad for him

Cavs w/Lebron and….Mo Williams…, Lakers (got screwed by bad expectations), Bad Cavs, now Kings…

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Jimmy with 40pts but not enough to beat the phantom of Philly

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    JFC people can be stupid sometimes.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Fitting that this occurred in an arena with an airline in its name.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    We need to bring back fan technicals
    I could totally see a scenario where cp3 fouled himself out to go deal with this himself if it had already been going on all game without any intervention by staff

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    I think they just need to ditch court-side seating. When it isn't a tool for ultra rich fans to make a game about them when it shouldn't be, its a safety hazard.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Butters wrote: »
    I think they just need to ditch court-side seating. When it isn't a tool for ultra rich fans to make a game about them when it shouldn't be, its a safety hazard.

I always thought courtside seats were weird. You are literally right next to the players and on the edge of the court. It must be crazy to be able to watch from there, but it does seem to be more of a hinderance. During the bubble and no fans in stadiums, they moved those seats back and that to me, seemed to be better. Don't have players running into people, drinks getting knocked over, etc. Those seats are so close it looks like a player barely has room to stand when inbounding a ball.

• Options
    I always remember the first few times that I sat in the first row the DII men's basketball team at my college. I was just really blown away by the speed and power those guys play with when you get up close to see it. Also, the violence of the collisions and everything as well. I think the size and speed of those humans doesn't really translate until you get up close. I can't imagine what it would be like to watch the NBA from the front row.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I'm sure its an incredible viewing experience but considering the drawbacks and that only the super rich can afford it, I don't care to preserve it at all.

Butters on
  • Options
    fan interaction in terms of autograph lines and tunnels and stuff are in general good for the sport though and historically where some of the more ugly incidents have occurred too, the league just needs to be harder on policing and prosecuting these incidents
    like its not enough to throw someone out and ban them
    applicable assault charges should follow as well
    make the billionaire owners police their own houses too, apply pressure in the form of fines to the teams and be more proactive with issuing fan technicals that actually affect the games themselves

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm sure its an incredible viewing experience but considering the drawbacks and that only the super rich can afford it, I don't care to preserve it at all.

I guess for me I hate unwanted contact, I could never see specifically choosing a viewing experience that would directly bring that my way on purpose.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    wow did they do something to the hoop or the ball tonight?
    no one can seem to buy a 3 tonight

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    soooo many bricks

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    soooo many bricks

Warriors players hate the ball so much, they keep giving it to the other team

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    *me doing the kids bedtime: surely DL is exaggerating

*Me after kids bedtime: oh.....
    hbcl4j2n1uo6.png

Carpy on
  • Options
    this is such a bizarre game

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Everyone remember where you were when Alfred Joel Horford made giannis his son

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Wow! Jaren Jackson taking the 3?!

• Options
    i dont know what everyone is celebrating about
    that was downright embarrassing
    chuck was right, if brown lost this game the kings might've prefired him

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Block/Charge is the most inscrutable call. There was what, 3 challenges tonight and none of them went the intuitive way.

Edit: at this point I think it's worse than the NFL catch rule

Carpy on
  • Options
    the grizz might look into maybe not playing ja so much too

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Flop curry

• Options
    swaylowswaylow Registered User regular
    edited May 2022

I would just like to add that if your team is between OK to Bad and you can be flexible, it's easier than you think to find reasonably priced 2nd row courtside seats. I did it this year for a big birthday - just checked all Mon - Thurs games for a month, waiting until 1 hour before tip-off to buy.

It was incredible.

I also did it in college a handful of times using "seat filler" passes that were valid for 1 game only but we photocopied and used over and over since the Hawks were winning approximately 10 games a year at that point and no one went to the games. I certainly did not appreciate that as much as I should have.

swaylow on
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Block/Charge is the most inscrutable call. There was what, 3 challenges tonight and none of them went the intuitive way.

Edit: at this point I think it's worse than the NFL catch rule

Catch rule is worse because individual catches are often way more impactful than individual fouls/baskets.

• Options
    Drew Magary has finally come around on Dray
    It's time all of you do the same

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    heat hella pissed tonight

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    i think i figured it out
    as long as embiid has to wear that mask, he's gonna have trouble at away games
    in philly that there was always a staff member at both baselines, i think its the same one that wipes the floors when players fall, that would toss him a towel to wipe off his face during stoppages in play
    the mask itself is clearly annoying as hell to him and with all the sweat and stuff its affecting him, he doesnt seem to have that tonight and he is trying to do his best with his jersey and stuff but it is clearly hindering his performance

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    it's just very hard to play with a fucked up shooting hand and a broken face

the fact that he's on the court at all is borderline heroic effort, and it's clearly wearing on him

they also haven't run any pick and rolls since siakim fucked him, i assume because they don't want people running into him face first

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    it's just very hard to play with a fucked up shooting hand and a broken face

the fact that he's on the court at all is borderline heroic effort, and it's clearly wearing on him

they also haven't run any pick and rolls since siakim fucked him, i assume because they don't want people running into him face first

Mina Kimes wrote:
    He was concussed, his face is broken, and said face just got bonked. He's a warrior, but he's not fine.

(Mina Kimes is a national treasure sports analyst. This is her quote-tweeting someone who apparently said Embiid is fine, who has since deleted their tweet.)

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    He might have mudbutt again too

• Options
    edited May 2022
    yeah i get he's not 100% but hes very different tonight than he was 2 days ago and last friday in philly and you could tell the mask is a big part of it
    he wasn't fucking with it as much on saturday cause it was probably a little bit more comfortable cause he was able to keep it dry during the stoppages

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    yeah i get he's not 100% but hes very different tonight than he was 2 days ago in philly and you could tell the mask is a big part of it
    he wasn't fucking with it as much on saturday cause it was probably a little bit more comfortable cause he was able to keep it dry during the stoppages

He also didn’t get popped in the face on Sunday

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg