As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

One Year In, We are Still Playing [Genshin Impact]

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Looks like the stream for the next update is getting delayed, and may end up with the update itself delayed. Hoping the best for all of them.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Looks like the stream for the next update is getting delayed, and may end up with the update itself delayed. Hoping the best for all of them.

for the long-prospect primogem maximisers this might be optimal

harvest thousands of delay reward primos, put in a raiden shogun index fund, in 100 years collect raiden shogun ex turbo hd remix in genshin impact 12

obF2Wuw.png
  • ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    Things are doubtlessly rough for the developers, so I certainly understand a delay. Plus I spent all my primos getting Mistsplitter because I main Ayaka and am a damn fool. I need time for to save for Kazuha.

• MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    d9pxc0mgg9ay.jpg

COVID lockdown problems.

• ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    Speaking of saving gems, here's a new web event to earn an easy few

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Regarding the delay, it sucks, but delays happen. No sense complaining about it.

I hope they at least give us another banner rerun in the meantime. Leaving us with nothing or extending the Ayaka banner would be kinda lame.

It would be hilarious to just randomly drop in a Kazuha rerun for giggles. Just "hey everything is shit, thanks for the extra cash!"

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Regarding the delay, it sucks, but delays happen. No sense complaining about it.

I hope they at least give us another banner rerun in the meantime. Leaving us with nothing or extending the Ayaka banner would be kinda lame.

No, leave the Ayaka banner til I get C1 on Sayu so she's usable. -_-

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I wonder how far along in advance they plan banners. There's usually a story, lore, or thematic reason around most of them. Then again Venti didn't have much of an excuse to be rerun, so... Either way, I'd assume they'll probably pick a character or two and rerun them for a bit. No patch and no content is fine given the circumstances. But having no outright character banner would be weird.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    imagine if they gave like 4 banners that were focused on the starter characters

i mean

imagine...

obF2Wuw.png
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I wonder how far along in advance they plan banners. There's usually a story, lore, or thematic reason around most of them. Then again Venti didn't have much of an excuse to be rerun, so... Either way, I'd assume they'll probably pick a character or two and rerun them for a bit. No patch and no content is fine given the circumstances. But having no outright character banner would be weird.

I think Venti got his recent rerun due to the absence of a spring event in Mondstadt.
    imagine if they gave like 4 banners that were focused on the starter characters

i mean

imagine...

They should redo the "basic banner" as 3 regional ones you unlock at story breaks that preferentially roll 4*s and selected 5*s from those regions.

No change to Mondstadt, add 1 character for Liyue (Ganyu? Xiao?), make Inazuma be Kazuha, Yoimiya, Ayaka or similar.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

do any of you find the genshin web events run at like... 2 fps

im on chrome on a very good pc and it literally runs like supersampled crysis on a 2007 laptop

obF2Wuw.png

im on chrome on a very good pc and it literally runs like supersampled crysis on a 2007 laptop

I don't have a very good PC. It would be an average one, but I don't have a video card anymore and just run off of the intel integrated display, which actually works well enough for what I use it for. All that said, yeah the events on a web page run terribly, which always kind of depressed me, like this thing can't even run fancy flash graphics. Knowing it happens to people with good PC's actually makes me feel a bit better. :) All that said, running in a full sized window runs terribly, but shrinking the window down to about the size of an actual tablet makes it run a whole lot better. So I'd say give that a try.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    Can't say I've ever had a problem with web events, so I'm curious what the problem is. I guess I do use FireFox, but I really doubt that Chrome is the problem.

Can't say I've ever had a problem with web events, so I'm curious what the problem is. I guess I do use FireFox, but I really doubt that Chrome is the problem.

i googled around a bit and its definitely just one of those like... on some setups it just doesnt work and then is totally fine on others

maybe hardware acceleration but i simply accept it is a mystery of the universe

obF2Wuw.png
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

I almost only do them on my phone (galaxy s20) and they're fine.

steam_sig.png
    McMoogle wrote: »

are u saying that i should replace my iphone 6 because i refuse

obF2Wuw.png
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »

are u saying that i should replace my iphone 6 because i refuse

Nothing is stopping you from taping 2 together though.

steam_sig.png
    i have discovered that with the power of Microsoft (tm) Edge (tm) it runs beautifully and not only does it run beautifully but my life has turned around, my skin is flawless and I can hear birdsong

obF2Wuw.png
    i have discovered that with the power of Microsoft (tm) Edge (tm) it runs beautifully and not only does it run beautifully but my life has turned around, my skin is flawless and I can hear birdsong

For shits and giggles I also tried loading the site in Firefox, and holy shit does it run smoother. In Chrome it was always revving up the damn CPU fan.

So it's Chrome being shit. Good to know!

Chrome being a hog? Say it ain't so!

... apparently the game would rather give me Ayaka constellations than C1 Sayu.

Far be it from me to complain, I guess?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

It appears that Ayaka's banner will be extended rather than running a filler banner during the delay.

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    They could have at least switched the Unforged with a good weapon.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    They could have at least switched the Unforged with a good weapon.

like, say, a 5* bow that is good for amber

just spitballing here

obF2Wuw.png
    Who is good with the Unforged? Maybe Beidou?

i guess any team where you have a claymore atk scaling dps with some kinda geo support situation too w/ petra and yun jin/whoever would work

obF2Wuw.png
    edited May 2022

Literally anyone on the same team as Zhongli. That's the main use-case; Noelle, Xinyan and Beidou are secondary at best.

It also packs a ton of Attack onto one item, freeing your Sands up for EM / ER as appropriate. Def, too, if you put it on Noelle, come to think of it.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I have an Unforged from trying to get… Raiden’s spear?

I don’t know that it’s a bad weapon, but certainly not interesting. And it suffers a bit from having no apparent relationship to an existing character. Like, I put it on Noelle, but I don’t know that she really wants it.

It looks pretty cool, I guess.

edited May 2022

Compensation for the delay per week is:
    Primos x 400
    Fragile Resin x 1
    Hero's Wit x 7
    Enhancement Ore x 16
    Mora x 120,000

ThePantsAssociation on
    by the power of free bongles shall our souls be set free

obF2Wuw.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Sure, I'll take it. That'll add a decent chunk of gems to the fund for... eh, whoever I end up going for after Yelan probably, pretty sure I have a guarantee for her already.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Sure, I'll take it. That'll add a decent chunk of gems to the fund for... eh, whoever I end up going for after Yelan probably, pretty sure I have a guarantee for her already.

im finna hit r20 rust and rainslasher just watch me

obF2Wuw.png

It appears that Ayaka's banner will be extended rather than running a filler banner during the delay.

Ayaka getting a rerun in record time. Childe will be jealous.

Someone mentions Beidou and I must answer.

It's a very solid choice for her. Almost strictly worse than the Wolf's Gravestone, but it's at least in the same ballpark, especially if you do a couple hits before activating her burst and snapshot the buff. It's also probably worse than the Serpent Spine, but if you're free to play and don't have the gravestone, it's a good choice for her. I still don't recommend rolling for it though.

i feel like the chaddest beidou build is u go c6 bennett and just trigger an explosion with ur autos

shes an exploding sword kind of character, fits her vibe

obF2Wuw.png
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Not activating c6 Bennett is the coward's way.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    i have him c6 and level 50 the way god intended

obF2Wuw.png
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So I'm sitting at AR50 blocked by the ascension quest that says I should be level 90 to take it on, how hard of a requirement is that? Right now my main party is Klee (80), Fischl (70), Bennett (70), and Venti (79), and bumping even just Klee and Venti with my current resources just feels like a herculean task. That said, I don't want to stare at level 50 until the end of time either. Is the quest realistically doable with my current party?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
    So I'm sitting at AR50 blocked by the ascension quest that says I should be level 90 to take it on, how hard of a requirement is that? Right now my main party is Klee (80), Fischl (70), Bennett (70), and Venti (79), and bumping even just Klee and Venti with my current resources just feels like a herculean task. That said, I don't want to stare at level 50 until the end of time either. Is the quest realistically doable with my current party?

should be trivial i did it with starters mostly at 70

obF2Wuw.png