As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Marvel Crisis Protocol] Crisis Crisis is over! WE GOT NEW CRISISISIS!

• AsherAsher Registered User regular
    Oops accidently got Guardians and Black Order off a friend.

Oh no.

How terrible.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Asher wrote: »
    Oops accidently got Guardians and Black Order off a friend.

Oh no.

How terrible.

Oh no, whatever will you do?

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    I forgot to put up my painting progress from this weekend. Got about 1/2 of my MCP backlog completed:

fdgeqrselnq7.jpg
    29bg6lulp463.jpg
    fhnfhe14d22x.jpg
    91dtafdezdb0.jpg

5xeyaw7x9swp.jpg
    4y8njxgzsnge.jpg
    3lonftd7tp06.jpg
    fqkjjsli23e0.jpg

Got some more painting done!

And with Angela, Okoye and Shuri my A-Force is complete!

0p9x9gvugz54.jpg
    7q41vym42bit.jpg
    dbgjucgptjgy.jpg

edited May 2022
    If anyone is interested, this is my current roster that I am working on to bring to the Atlantic City Open. I really think I've found my groove with A-Force. This latest build is my final test build before I finalize my roster:

A-Force

Characters (10):
    Threat: 39
    She-Hulk (Threat: 6) (Leader)
    Scarlet Witch (Threat: 5)
    Angela (Threat: 5)
    Medusa (Threat: 4)
    Captain Marvel (Threat: 4)
    Gamora (Threat: 4)
    Crystal (Threat: 3)
    Wasp (Threat: 3)
    Shuri (Threat: 3)
    Okoye (Threat: 2)

Tactics (10):
    A-Force Assemble
    Special Delivery
    Stalwart Determination
    The Whims of Chaos
    Elemental Infusion
    Follow Me
    Disarm
    Trip Up
    Medpack (R)
    Patch Up (R)

Secure Crisis (3):
    Deadly Meteors Mutate Civilians (Threat: 17)
    Terrigen Clouds Sweep Over City (Threat: 20)
    Gamma Wave Sweeps Across Midwest (Threat: 15)

Extract Crisis (3):
    The Montesi Formula Found (Threat: 17)
    Alien Ship Crashes in Downtown! (Threat: 20)
    Research Station Attacked! (Threat: 16)

Halfazedninja on

Painted up the goodest boy.

ffqs6ytbpau2.jpg
    ae4u2j1o029n.jpg

Finished up some more off of the backlog this weekend. Groot and Rocket were really fun to paint!

8qiqc71t7bg3.jpg
    ldfretayhw9f.jpg
    bott12gq4znq.jpg
    8lrtbak039d5.jpg

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Went to the local LVOIS qualifier yesterday. 26 players, five rounds. I haven't played a ton recently so my hope was to just pick up a few wins and drop after round 3 or 4 with an X-2 record, but instead I won my first three, lost to the eventual winner (who also beat two other players in my group -- one in round 1, one in the finals) and then won round 5 for a 3rd place 4-1. Picked up the new Black Order affiliation box with the winnings. A good day, but goddamn did my legs and back hurt after nine hours of standing/hunching over tables that were designed for card games.

I brought my Kingpin/SLDD list. I was hoping to get more SLDD games in but only ended up playing him once, as I just ended up with way too many high-point secures.

edited June 2022
    admanb wrote: »
    Went to the local LVOIS qualifier yesterday. 26 players, five rounds. I haven't played a ton recently so my hope was to just pick up a few wins and drop after round 3 or 4 with an X-2 record, but instead I won my first three, lost to the eventual winner (who also beat two other players in my group -- one in round 1, one in the finals) and then won round 5 for a 3rd place 4-1. Picked up the new Black Order affiliation box with the winnings. A good day, but goddamn did my legs and back hurt after nine hours of standing/hunching over tables that were designed for card games.

I brought my Kingpin/SLDD list. I was hoping to get more SLDD games in but only ended up playing him once, as I just ended up with way too many high-point secures.

Good job!

I also went to an LVOIS qualifier this weekend in Atlantic City and did not do nearly as well as you lol. 22 players, 5 rounds and I went 1-4. My goal was to win at least one game and not get blown out so at least I got that. I was going to go back for day two on Sunday but, much like you, my body was wrecked from a 10ish hour day, I'm still feeling it today.

I was running GotG/A-Force and all of my games were close, just came down to the dice gods hating me lol

I did use yesterday to get some painting done though!

le175pa4u9zh.jpg
    h1tz1usafhzs.jpg

Halfazedninja on

edited June 2022
    Game is hard. I definitely rolled well and won some games (esp. my round 3) on the back of my opponent making more mistakes than I did. It definitely made me want to play more though, which is always a good sign.

I also put some paint down! I haven't painted anything since about six months ago when I burned out 1/4 of the way through MODOK after spending a month on Eva-01 Ultron, but I got the urge so I whipped out the most boring primed model in my tournament roster just to get the ball rolling:

bx6onv4qzw70.jpg

I want to paint Kingpin next -- he deserves it after his performance -- but I don't want to play him for a while so it seems wasteful.

admanb on
    Bucky looks great!

I don't have Kingpin yet but when I do I'm probably going with the simple scheme from Into the Spiderverse. It's just basic black and white but I LOVE that version of Kingpin

One of the first models I ever bought for the game (I got him + MODOK with my core set) finally gets the gift of paint:

r0oucfve9qyr.jpg

I got the purple pants from Sorastro's guides and I prefer it to the all-white suit. Now that he's painted he's definitely just going to sit in a case while I play weird Guardian and Avengers piles with Thanos.

He looks great. Going in a different direction with mine, I will post him when he's done.

He looks great. Going in a different direction with mine, I will post him when he's done.

Spiderverse-style, right? I thought about that because that is a good look, but I've already got a lot of black across my core and wanted a stand-out piece.

• AsherAsher Registered User regular
    I did Spider-Verse Kingpin and I like it, but White Jacket and purple pants is super eye catching and just iconic.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints

Spiderverse-style, right? I thought about that because that is a good look, but I've already got a lot of black across my core and wanted a stand-out piece.

Spiderverse/Netflix. Black Suit, purple tie and hankerchief. Almost done with him and I think he looks pretty good.

• VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    So I had an idea this morning about a size changing Avengers team based around Hulkbuster, Ant Man, Wasp, Ms. Marvel.
    only 2 problems....
    - despite owning all of them, I have exactly 0 of these specific models assembled/painted
    - I have no idea who else to include to be thematic (Hulk/She Hulk seem obvious)

I doubt it would work well as a team, but it should be stupid enough to be fun in casual play

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
    Viking wrote: »
    So I had an idea this morning about a size changing Avengers team based around Hulkbuster, Ant Man, Wasp, Ms. Marvel.
    only 2 problems....
    - despite owning all of them, I have exactly 0 of these specific models assembled/painted
    - I have no idea who else to include to be thematic (Hulk/She Hulk seem obvious)

I doubt it would work well as a team, but it should be stupid enough to be fun in casual play

That would probably be very fun to play! I've been using Ms Marvel a lot and she is a blast.

edited July 2022
    The D+ series has certainly bumped Ms.Marvel much higher on my to-do list.
    might be next once I get done with Wakanda

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2022
    ggjpe65e5znp.png
    21zjayh2stxh.png
    barynuoea9oz.png
    45brcqc2tubf.png
    gkgoevwwxsq0.png
    ue3p8aymn66w.png
    7wgo8mrw2cxp.png
    00yyszvmz4eq.png
    unknown.png
    293776122_582144423443238_295150674075517862_n.png?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=MUvnnVkHFqEAX_5Dr8Q&_nc_oc=AQlwZLaG14QEyhm2HrlTld-rNygV80Ew4Nbufbq2d2G8z0AjYCcmbi41D-hYZEDQcq0&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=00_AT8Wk4E4HlgjwBB0JjhnOtDCRsnuRb-njfEiD7_EV_x8Zg&oe=62D73738

All the Reveals from today! My wallet hurts.

Halfazedninja on

— new Steve seems pretty bad
    — Strucker and new Skull both look very good, with somewhat weak/situational leaderships. My guess is that head torso guy will also have a leadership and the Hydra Council card will let you switch between them somehow
    — Occult Research is a very cool card that I think is… fine-to-good? The power cost and built in stagger means you’re usually not gonna get more than one or two bonus actions out of it over the course of the game, and 10 power is a lot for that. But the threat of stagger to everyone within 2 of Skull is kind of good too

— new Steve seems pretty bad
    — Strucker and new Skull both look very good, with somewhat weak/situational leaderships. My guess is that head torso guy will also have a leadership and the Hydra Council card will let you switch between them somehow
    — Occult Research is a very cool card that I think is… fine-to-good? The power cost and built in stagger means you’re usually not gonna get more than one or two bonus actions out of it over the course of the game, and 10 power is a lot for that. But the threat of stagger to everyone within 2 of Skull is kind of good too

The fact that NuCap doesn't have a shield throw is jarring to me. I'm really hoping it's on the back of the card.

• LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    It's a different character though right, you can still use Cap from the core box?

Ya. You can’t play both Steves in the same squad, but the new one didn’t replace the old one.

• SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    I am praying for mercy on the whatever the price point turns out to be on those Sentinels, because—deep down—I know I’ll pay whatever they ask.

Sneaks on
    Sneaks wrote: »
    I am praying for mercy on the whatever the price point turns out to be on those Sentinels, because—deep down—I known I’ll pay whatever they ask.
    Day 1 buy for me.

wondering how big they will be compared to the Marvel Zombies and Marvel United ones....
    starting to build up a collection of Sentinels here.

steam_sig.png
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Is that Red Skull in a tank?

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Is that Red Skull in a tank?

yep,
    apparently you can use it as terrain without Red Skull or as an Ultimate encounter with him doing the "drive me closer, I want to hit them with my sword" pose.

steam_sig.png
    xekgx3punwv8.jpg

I think it's time to paint some nice easy models after Kingpin and this guy.

w28qchtuvpm6.jpg

I've painted a bunch in the last few weeks and realized I haven't posted many! Here's one I just got done a few days ago.

@Halfazedninja nice win!

Oh my TTS match vs Dyzard? Thanks! I was sweating that match all day lol

ev0zpbd0d92g.jpeg

I did not paint something simpler.

She looks great!

3vrkrxisyy79.jpg
    dplm36baivnw.jpg
    ssskk1k7pn6p.jpg
    vnf7uixjmiku.jpg

Worked on a bunch of guys this weekend. All of these pics are before I threw a wash on the base but I love the way Doctor Voodoo came out.

I got my Winter Guard all painted up this weekend and mixed up some snow for their bases. I really can't wait to try them out this week. They were really fun to paint up.

3j1l1i2jvqop.jpg
    j5a2dfrl9f69.jpg
    bfn1xoa1qzik.jpg
    38wr4bsfmcau.jpg

I only got one model done this weekend but it was a blast, The Original Human Torch. I went with a different approach with him, I airbrushed his base layers in three different reds, used a red wash on him and then drybrush various oranges and yellows. I usually do the street part of the base grey and and then give it an oil wash but I kept it with the airbrush spray and oil washed it to give the effect of it being lit up from the fire.

bz44rz3e1dkp.jpg
    m6a12pqx02sw.jpg
    8311youtianz.jpg

Stayed up way too late last night to finish up the New (Old) Captain America in time for games at my LGS tonight. This one was my first real attempt at using basing materials. He comes on a special molded base but I wanted it to look like he was running on a muddy battlefield with his dinged up shield. The only element of the original base that I kept was the sandbags. All I did for the base was mix some gloss Mod Podge up with some brown and green flocking and added some brown ink then I sprinkled some more green flocking on top. I'm glad it looks as good as I thought it did at 1am lol/

1yqoozqsxer3.jpg
    1wzphcgg01v8.jpg
    exnydr7cd5y2.jpg

I got Thanos all painted up this weekend. I have been using the Army Painter airbrush paints with a brush because they are already nicely thinned down and I think my painting has improved quite a bit. I have moved away from Speed/Contrast paint except for a few instances if I feel like I need them for shading or something like that. I didn't wind up using any of them here.

rpvgcxobdxth.jpg

Also, if anyone here will be going to PAX Unplugged, I will be hosting a tournament there! Details are in the link below:

https://www.longshanks.org/events/detail/?event=5584