As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] God Roll Guns and Flawless Runs; Tons of Fun in the Light of the Sun

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Who's got two flippers and just went solo flawless?
    ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false[img][/img]

This penguin.

Same!
    msczm2fdyvlr.png

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Grats / awesome on solo flawless, friends. I made the mistake of being grouped for it and luckily was with two absolute killers....and still had some sweaty games.

459k on the competitive playlist. Yes, I used cheese. The cheese is so dumb.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I also did the thing! I couldn't string together two wins in a row, until I had a run where I got seven.
    LcT1M8qh.jpg

As a titan main who usually plays hunter for "serious" PvP, I'm loving how void titan plays now.

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    As a le monarque / HC user this season titans are my bane. I dunno if popping a barricade kills the dot or what but they seem to get full health on me in a hurry.

Solar titans sitting in sunspots behind half walls two shooting with Scouts is rough too.

Titans feel like they are in a real nice spot in 3s. Nothing that can’t be countered but a lot that makes me mad at them. Most my losses in glory have come from titans behind walls ruining my bow swap from being dominant.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I played enough solo Trials this weekend to hit a Trials reset for the season, which is a milestone I guess, but it reinforced that I just don't like solo Trials very much. Way, way too often one teammate would run off by themselves and die and I'm not consistently good enough to handle a 2v3 if the other person I'm playing with isn't great. I also hate the pace that solo Trials tends to have, it's so slow and so long range and anyone who's played with me knows that I'm aggressive to a fault (I'm working on it!). If I'm mid-fight and it's clearly time to push because we got a pick and we need to keep the other two off the revive it makes me berserk when teammates sit back, hang back, and don't press the advantage.

It's also true that I'm self-handicapped by my adult life, I can only play late at night and only for a few hours at a time at most, so lightning has to strike for me to go flawless at the best of times, but I don't think solo Trials is for me.

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I struggled quite a bit in Freelance last night, for whatever reason wanting to put in some real tries even though I figured it wouldn't be too fruitful given my skill-level. Got a few decent starts on cards, but they always crapped out around 3-4 wins, either regularly having the Matchmaking give me the team that was under-levelled and running in different directions, or worse, getting the team that would have a disconnection/leaver.

I think we've mentioned this before, but Trials still seems such a swingy mode that I feel terrible when I am getting 5-0'd, and I feel similarly bad when we are the ones steamrolling. And the mode just still feels like flipping a coin and hopping it lands heads 7 times in a row for me. I know that the more competent and reliable folks actually aren't just flipping coins, and that there is actual gameplay and mechanics and improvement and skill.... but sometimes with my amount of available time and skill level, it's more about hope and abusing weaker teams than being able to really dedicate the needed time (unless I wanted to only play Trials).

I'm generally low-engagement right now on Destiny, since Elden Ring and things feeling a bit stale. But it doesn't help my Destiny morale to continue to feel like this mode needs fundamental work that they don't want to put in.

I'm more hopeful that next season will bring more fun with the changes to special/flinch/in-air accuracy, as I think it'll fit my style a bit more. But the thrill of the chase of Trials is probably dwindling, as I've degraded out of the successful group as the playerbase diminishes. Hopefully PVP gets a nice improvement with these changes, as it's my main playtime (I have played surprisingly little actual Witch Queen content outside of weekly raids).

UNRELATED BUT SERIOUSLY LORENTZ HASN'T BEEN BURNT TO THE GROUND YET?

Lorentz, Lorely, and Hunter invis need serious, serious re-works.

Lorely we know has a nerf upcoming that should, at least, reduce one shots by further reducing the damage buff given by sunspots.

Lorentz and Invis Hunters I have heard nothing on and I consider Invis Hunters to be on the same level as Lorely as an issue.

• milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Tonight's the night, guys. Week 4 of Master Vow of the Disciple, so finishing the triumph this evening means completion of the Disciple Slayer seal for me. I've never attempted any completionism content in Destiny before now, so I'm pretty jazzed about it.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    you can't even invis as much as you used to be able to before void 3.0 lol

literally the only thing void hunters can do in the whole game is invis after the changes, and now people are complaining to take it away because pvp. please just remove the pvp part of this game already so i can actually have a useful kit bungie.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Lorentz, Lorely, and Hunter invis need serious, serious re-works.

Lorely we know has a nerf upcoming that should, at least, reduce one shots by further reducing the damage buff given by sunspots.

Lorentz and Invis Hunters I have heard nothing on and I consider Invis Hunters to be on the same level as Lorely as an issue.

See, i find hunter invis kinda a joke most of the time. Loosing the radar hurts, but if i've got my eyes open I can still visibly see them coming and end them.

But i've got a real nice monitor with good color correction etcera, and i have eyesight that's natrually responsive to movement, so Invis Hunters are not really... invisible to me, just harder to see. Do you mind me aksing - Are you colorblind, could that be part of it? Or where do you find the issues with Invis hunters?

The Zombie Penguin on
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891

See, i find hunter invis kinda a joke most of the time. Loosing the radar hurts, but if i've got my eyes open I can still visibly see them coming and end them.

But i've got a real nice monitor with good color correction etcera, and i have eyesight that's natrually responsive to movement, so Invis Hunters are not really... invisible to me, just harder to see. Do you mind me aksing - Are you colorblind, could that be part of it? Or where do you find the issues with Invis hunters?
    No, I'm not color blind :). I'll explain.

Invis is only a joke when used by terrible hunters. Used properly (i.e. close in in small maps, which is Destiny 2 basically), Hunter invis works as a free Gemini Jester and also allows first shot advantage. Invisible hunters moving over open terrain? Yes, it doesn't matter. Used intelligently, i.e. close in or far away as a sniper on, say, Altar of Flame? You get first shot advantage in a game with sub one second kills.

It's extremely powerful when used correctly. Too powerful.

Knight_ wrote: »

literally the only thing void hunters can do in the whole game is invis after the changes, and now people are complaining to take it away because pvp. please just remove the pvp part of this game already so i can actually have a useful kit bungie.

No one's asking to remove it for PvE.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

No one's asking to remove it for PvE.

yea bungie def has a great track record recently for making things remain useful in pve while nerfing them in pvp let me just put on my renewal grasps haha oh nevermind i deleted the loadout because they utterly destroyed them because pvp

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Radar manipulation is what screws me with Invis Hunters. Which, yeah, I get annoyed but it is the whole point. But when a Hunter retreats, then Invis, then comes back for the kill when I turned my back on them cause no radar pings, I shake my fist.

But that is me playing bad. I also dislike invis because I am not the best at distinguishing distant players in general (less good eyes, sitting away from a TV), so miss movement tracking even before invis kicks in. But invis I semi-rely on reticle friction to even let me know an opponent is there cause I can't see them.

So Invis just becomes a feel bad. I know Overshields and other shit I use is equally a feelbad, but I feel like that is different than my feelbad of losing because I cannot distinguish an enemy from the background.

edited May 2022

yea bungie def has a great track record recently for making things remain useful in pve while nerfing them in pvp let me just put on my renewal grasps haha oh nevermind i deleted the loadout because they utterly destroyed them because pvp

I thought they just lowered the cooldown, not the %'s when it came to PvE? It's super effective still, right? You just can't use it constantly?
    Radar manipulation is what screws me with Invis Hunters. Which, yeah, I get annoyed but it is the whole point. But when a Hunter retreats, then Invis, then comes back for the kill when I turned my back on them cause no radar pings, I shake my fist.

But that is me playing bad. I also dislike invis because I am not the best at distinguishing distant players in general (less good eyes, sitting away from a TV), so miss movement tracking even before invis kicks in. But invis I semi-rely on reticle friction to even let me know an opponent is there cause I can't see them.

So Invis just becomes a feel bad. I know Overshields and other shit I use is equally a feelbad, but I feel like that is different than my feelbad of losing because I cannot distinguish an enemy from the background.
    It's not you playing bad, though. Take Gemini Jesters as an example.

Hunter dodges and it blanks my radar / flashes me. Fine. If I guess right about which corner they come around, though, I'll still see them instantly and recognize it as an enemy Hunter and immediately pull the trigger.

As you alluded to, though, Void invis gives the same Gemini Jester radar effect and makes it so you have to visually confirm YES, THAT'S AN ENEMY. That enemy is already shooting you, though, so first shot advantage. In a vacuum, yes, the purple shimmer effect is visible, but at the speed Crucible moves in it still causes a hesitation....not to mention the joy of peer to peer networking.

That's insanely powerful for Crucible.

I don't even know how I'd fix it because I don't want to nuke the class. The only thing I can think of would be to make it so a Hunters accuracy goes to total shit for up to a second after exiting invis to turn the invis into a positioning tool rather than as a pure first shot advantage that is has ridiculous uptime because we don't want to affect the PvE use of it.

That's just random thoughts in-between meetings, though.

Bizazedo on
    I wouldn’t mind them tuning the invis itself to be more visible and I wouldn’t mind then taking another pass at how it impacts aim assist. I think it’s not supposed to but… I find that hard to swallow

But I mainly use it for radar manipulation. Half my smokes are used to just make the enemy have to pay attention to one direction while i go the other.

In void 3 my invis is up longer per dodge and that difference is huge for letting me get to important flanks without issue. Combine it with access to axion bolt and much more lethal supers and void hunter is straight broken in Pvp,

I’ve always been a void hunter pvp main and it’s always been good. It’s ridiculous right now.

616610-1.png
  • YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Tonight's the night, guys. Week 4 of Master Vow of the Disciple, so finishing the triumph this evening means completion of the Disciple Slayer seal for me. I've never attempted any completionism content in Destiny before now, so I'm pretty jazzed about it.

Then we have to get you the DSC and Garden ones done too :D

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
    Disrupter wrote: »
    I wouldn’t mind them tuning the invis itself to be more visible and I wouldn’t mind then taking another pass at how it impacts aim assist. I think it’s not supposed to but… I find that hard to swallow

But I mainly use it for radar manipulation. Half my smokes are used to just make the enemy have to pay attention to one direction while i go the other.

In void 3 my invis is up longer per dodge and that difference is huge for letting me get to important flanks without issue. Combine it with access to axion bolt and much more lethal supers and void hunter is straight broken in Pvp,

I’ve always been a void hunter pvp main and it’s always been good. It’s ridiculous right now.
    Smokes have always infuriated me due to the smoke also slowing me (Imo excessively) in addition to the radar manipulation and visual blinding if I stumble into it....all from a simple super ranged melee. If you really think about it, smoke is insane, too. It's been around for awhile, though, and isn't on the level of Lorely or Invis Hunter....soooo

Ignoring that tangent and getting back to void invis…making it more visible would help, but I don't like it based on just thematic reasons. It's supposed to be invisible, right? Making it even more visible seems like it'd create a bad dissonance. That's why I was thinking to just tank the accuracy. Make the invis positional and just make it so you can't hit anything reliably for up to a second after breaking invis. It's still useful, can still flank, but you're not guaranteed first shot advantage on an ability with a super low cooldown that will once again grant you first shot advantage.

It also preserves it for PvE.

There's a ton of ways to reveal invisible people still, via your own smoke, radar, Wishender, True sight, One Eyed Mask, Foetracer. People just don't wanna run those things so they feel like it's impossible to counter but everything in the game has a counter. I almost never lose to a Lorely titan if it's just one of them. And I never get tripped up by invis hunters unless I'm running something other than Wishender

• RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    Why on earth is it still down?

edited May 2022
    There's a ton of ways to reveal invisible people still, via your own smoke, radar, Wishender, True sight, One Eyed Mask, Foetracer. People just don't wanna run those things so they feel like it's impossible to counter but everything in the game has a counter. I almost never lose to a Lorely titan if it's just one of them. And I never get tripped up by invis hunters unless I'm running something other than Wishender

Smoke means you're running void hunter, which isn't a solution really. It's running the same class.

Wish-ender can work, but given the sheer number of Hunters running invis, it requires it to be used 24/7 and isn't really a solution due to that.

Not familiar with True sight, this more Hunter stuff? If so that's still running the same class and shouldn't be considered since it means two of the three classes can't counter it.

One Eyed Mask requires you to be shot first and thus does nothing for the Hunter first shot advantage. It also doesn't mark them anymore, just highlights their body in red, so you can't see them through walls. It's not a solution at all.

Foetracer, again, is a hunter exotic, but also requires you to see them first to begin the marking of the target. It's not really a solution.

The best solution you've given is Wish Ender and, if that's the only real solution, is a serious issue.

Bizazedo on
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Raynaga wrote: »
    Why on earth is it still down?

It's not? Your patch probably hasnt applied, i've been playing since a bit after the servers came back up.

Smoke means you're running void hunter, which isn't a solution really. It's running the same class.

Wish-ender can work, but given the sheer number of Hunters running invis, it requires it to be used 24/7 and isn't really a solution due to that.

Not familiar with True sight, this more Hunter stuff? If so that's still running the same class and shouldn't be considered since it means two of the three classes can't counter it.

One Eyed Mask requires you to be shot first and thus does nothing for the Hunter first shot advantage. It also doesn't mark them anymore, just highlights their body in red, so you can't see them through walls. It's not a solution at all.

Foetracer, again, is a hunter exotic, but also requires you to see them first to begin the marking of the target. It's not really a solution.

The best solution you've given is Wish Ender and, if that's the only real solution, is a serious issue.

Idk I'm sure there's methods for other classes to reveal them and it's just people being uncreative with their loadouts. It's not a problem for me as someone who spends a lot of time plunking around in competitive playlists. It maybe is more of a bother in 6s? True sight is granted by a few guns and perks. Lorentz gives you target highlights on kill so you can also see invisible people that way.

edited May 2022
    Like I know thematically making them easier to see is lame. But it really does move the needle to make it less oppressive in Pvp and not hurt Pve

Current void hunter is one of those “I dunno what bungie was thinking” things

Void hunter has always been top tier but you sacrificed nades (somewhat) and super to get the best nuetral game.

3.0 gives them much better nade choices and much better supers and neutral game buffs. I’m not complaining because I run void hunter 75% of my destiny career

Edit: oh and I can crouch and move faster and get better radar…to add to radar manipulation fun

But wtf were they thinking?

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    What is "neutral game?"

Crippl3 on
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    What is "neutral game?"

Basically your character when you don’t factor in abilities on cooldown. Some might refer to just not counting supers. I admittedly include dodge and any perks (invis, ammo reload) when I consider void hunter neutral game

616610-1.png
    Basic abilities like melee, grenade and class ability that determine what you can do in normal gameplay vs supers which don't come up much

https://youtu.be/vetepI0EKlk

Some highlights. Also I recommend if people wanna give hunters a bit of their own medicine try Rat King lol, I bet it's really fun

edited May 2022
    I still need ratking catalyst to drop. It’s the one thing in destiny I’ve literally grinded specifically for and never had drop :(

Back on void hunter nonsense for a moment. I legit think I’ve gotten more pvp axion bolt kills this season than all other pvp nade kills between d1 and d2 combined. I don’t even think it’s OP but if used well it’s ridiculously good. So fun to engage an enemy knowing that you just have to keep them busy while your 100 damage blob sneaks up behind them

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png

Idk I'm sure there's methods for other classes to reveal them and it's just people being uncreative with their loadouts. It's not a problem for me as someone who spends a lot of time plunking around in competitive playlists. It maybe is more of a bother in 6s? True sight is granted by a few guns and perks. Lorentz gives you target highlights on kill so you can also see invisible people that way.

Err...it's most definitely not people being uncreative in their loadouts. I think you may be just a bit outdated. I specified why a lot of your original suggestions were off because you were unfamiliar with how things work (One Eyed Mask etc). Just like how Lorentz can't track enemies either. No guns can track really anymore.

It's not being uncreative with loadouts and the invis void hunters are becoming a plague in 3s. They're actually much easier to deal with in 6s.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Well I actually managed a Freelance Flawless run in the wee-ish hours of the morning last night. It started off with like 5 losses in a row with terrible matchmaking but then it was a bunch of actually good games after that for the most part. I lost my mercy at the 5th game but I just wanted to finish the card out so I could head to bed so I kept going.

Game 6 was the real nailbiter. We were down a few rounds, one of my teammates is dueling this titan and just as he dies and I'm jumping in to finish the guy off and get the rez he gets his bubble and pops it as I'm mid-air flying at him. So I try and just run right past and get clipped right as I try and sneak around the corner to cover. Then our last player gets his icy whirlwind super at basically the same time and drops it right on the titan who killed me, killing him. He gets the rez off and gets a second kill with the whirlwind and we turn on the last guy and clean up. Big clutch moment that kept it from going 1-4 against us. We then took the next few rounds with good super usage.

Game 7 the game finally decided to put me on the other team at the Lighthouse gates and so it was a joke where I got carried so so hard.

I even got 2 more wins afterwards before my streak finally broke.

I was running void warlock with Le Monarque and Secant Filaments. My favourite moments were dumpstering top-tree dawnblade warlocks trying to play in the air on the outside of the map. Happened 3 different times. Once I realised what they were up to I'd just post up with my rift at the start of the match in one of the good spots I'd found and wait for them to come into view and one-shot them.

Didn't see too many Lorely/Lorentz titans thankfully. But that setup is just flat out better then Empowering Rift right now because of the healing.

shryke on
    Remember when warlocks had that armor that gave them wallhacks in their rift? That was my favorite time to warlock

616610-1.png
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Let's fucking gooooooooo

fmm7ujz936rx.jpg

milk ducks on
    edited May 2022

Err...it's most definitely not people being uncreative in their loadouts. I think you may be just a bit outdated. I specified why a lot of your original suggestions were off because you were unfamiliar with how things work (One Eyed Mask etc). Just like how Lorentz can't track enemies either. No guns can track really anymore.

It's not being uncreative with loadouts and the invis void hunters are becoming a plague in 3s. They're actually much easier to deal with in 6s.

We're still waiting on the arc and solar updates and people are whinging hard about things that will probably seem a lot more reasonable once we have our hands on those new toolsets. I just don't want to see them toss everything out IMMEDIATELY because now some builds are effective. I've played through some bullshit metas in destiny and this one is inoffensive to me. And I'm not playing as a void hunter, Shatterdive + Bakris is still the top tier choice for someone like me.

In the end I just struggle to hear all these complaints without watching someone sit down and play against it, because invisible hunters feels a lot more reasonable than titans that always have overshield up, to me anyways (because, I've learned to play around invis but each player suddenly having +100 health is ... Hard to counter.)

This is what I mean by getting creative with loadouts, if you're not even gonna try something like Wishender to counter them then you're limiting yourself. Stuff like this is in the game for a reason, to level the playing field. Taking away everyone's shiny new toys because it's effective is annoying. Especially when it's only effective against people who choose to not try to come up with solutions with the tools already available to us in the sandbox.

Here's a quick list of target highlight perks and sights
    w20551idolaj.png

Local H Jay on
    Some good games tonight, including getting to Legend in Freelance Survival! Only one more season to go for Unbroken, which feels nice after having put it off for so long. Freelance isn't the worst if you just persist.

This was in the second to last game for Glory rank ups, and was probably my favorite part of the whole night. Well timed Barricade beats all things.
    https://youtu.be/vnneJpF4kP4

Also, I can't stop using Collective Obligation in sixes. I *may* have finally suppressed a Super tonight, but it was hard to tell given how far away they were. But hot damn does this thing need a buff or a catalyst or something. It feels smooth and nice, but like, with a perk that only rarely comes into play, at least give it something, Bungo. Still, over 300 PVP kills on the gun since it just feels nice.

I think the ideal tweak for it would be a catalyst that does two things:

When it's powered, landing headshots increases the time left on the buff. When it's cooling down, landing headshots reduces the time on the debuff.

That instantly gives you a nice skill testing minigame, encourages leaning into the pulse identity, and it's unlikely to break pvp/pve

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    The real problem with Void Hunter imo is how pigeon-holed it is. Every single aspect does the same thing. They leaned too hard into invisibility and needed to branch the subclass out more. Maybe have 1 aspect buff the smoke bomb in some way other then "be invisible" or something since that smoke bomb is one of the unique aspects of void hunter and leans into the idea of being a trapper.

shryke on
    edited May 2022
    We're still waiting on the arc and solar updates and people are whinging hard about things that will probably seem a lot more reasonable once we have our hands on those new toolsets. I just don't want to see them toss everything out IMMEDIATELY because now some builds are effective. I've played through some bullshit metas in destiny and this one is inoffensive to me. And I'm not playing as a void hunter, Shatterdive + Bakris is still the top tier choice for someone like me.

In the end I just struggle to hear all these complaints without watching someone sit down and play against it, because invisible hunters feels a lot more reasonable than titans that always have overshield up, to me anyways (because, I've learned to play around invis but each player suddenly having +100 health is ... Hard to counter.)

This is what I mean by getting creative with loadouts, if you're not even gonna try something like Wishender to counter them then you're limiting yourself. Stuff like this is in the game for a reason, to level the playing field. Taking away everyone's shiny new toys because it's effective is annoying. Especially when it's only effective against people who choose to not try to come up with solutions with the tools already available to us in the sandbox.
    I have no doubt the arc and solar updates will be equally as busted / OP. They balance in the front-end, for sure, but they are definitely not as thorough as they could be with their updates in terms of PvP.

And yeah, I know you use Shatterdive + Bakris. You're one of the few who still do even though it's good, but in Destiny terms it's also FAIR and to be honest, not as good as Void 3.0 Hunters.

I'm not exactly a huge fan of the easy to access +45 health, either.

Wishender isn't a realistic counter because you're basically saying "Yeah, I know you run into it all the time, the only way to counter it is with ONE weapon you have to use all the time in a game with a plethora of weapons." It's not a way of saying it's fine, it's a way of saying we have one band-aid.

As for the list of perks -

Here's a quick list of target highlight perks and sights
    w20551idolaj.png

The problem here is you're confusing highlighting (what One Eyed Mask does AFTER you're hit) and what other weapons do which is similar (requiring ADS and seeing the enemy) with tracking (which is what Wish Ender does). One is an actual band-aid for it (Wish Ender) and the others have absolutely nothing to do with fixing a Void Hunter's first shot advantage because the proper usage of the invis is for super far away sniper set-ups or close in engagements where you're being shot (which drops their invis anyways). Hunters using it to cross open areas because they're morons isn't the issue because you don't even need the highlighting there.

Add on to the fact that the huge majority of weapons these days have barrels, not scope options (because Bungie is aware of how Zoom affects range and we all lust after it), and some of those options listed are sniper scopes....

Yeah, that's a list of stuff that's not really helpful for the most part. The part you're missing is the first shot advantage part, which only Wish Ender really addresses, which is an issue.

I do have a preset in DIM to move Wish-Ender and a quickdraw Handcannon over to an active character, btw, but I definitely don't consider that a good thing.

Also, I can't stop using Collective Obligation in sixes. I *may* have finally suppressed a Super tonight, but it was hard to tell given how far away they were. But hot damn does this thing need a buff or a catalyst or something. It feels smooth and nice, but like, with a perk that only rarely comes into play, at least give it something, Bungo. Still, over 300 PVP kills on the gun since it just feels nice.
    I tried, too. I made a Titan build that would get all three debuffs going on an enemy. I ALMOST suppressed a super (one of their teammates got me before I could), but the real kick in the pants for the weapon for me was needing to hit a debuffed target three times to even be able to cash out the acquired debuffs (despite stealing them on the initial hit). That's the real issue with the gun imo.

It does feel nice to use, though.

Bizazedo on
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    So with the next season starting in about two weeks (I guess?), when're they gonna reveal which element is getting the next rework?

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Osmiomancy coldsnap grenades are a pretty decent counter to invis hunters, based on a few games last night at least. There's a learning curve to that whole playstyle and I'm not good at it yet but I'm trying to practice because it's a decent counter to a lot of the Void 3.0 shenanigans.

Tip from a scrub, if you're using the coldsnap in Crucible make sure you throw the grenades on the ground; that might sound simple but if they hit walls or other bits of art the tracking goes all to shit, the only reliable way I've found to get anyone with them is on the ground. Does that mean people jump over them sometimes? Yes, but those people are most often hunters and they helpfully have the most predictable jump arc so it's not so bad with a little practice.

Coolguy explains it well, and also makes it sound a lot easier than it is IMO.

https://youtu.be/76IZ-UrSDNo

True, I do need to play my Warlock more. I <3 my Titan, though :(.

I am very curious if they'll keep increased fire damage for solar 3.0 though. Chromatic Fire + Outbreak + increased fire damage = lol.