As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Priest decks suck shit right now they can’t clean up against butt

liEt3nH.png
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Oh boy, another fucking control warrior.

15% my fucking ass.

forty on
    Content creator Ben Hearthstone stepped away from content in April due to a family emergency, but great news! His baby has come home from the NICU

liEt3nH.png
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    In more depressing news Brian Kiblers sentient cloud Shiro passed away yesterday

It's a terrible day for rain

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    https://playhearthstone.com/en-gb/news/23784375/23-2-patch-notes

Nagas in BGs
    Some mercenaries stuff
    Ability to upgrade regular cards to gold
    Golden minisets
    Brann + Nellie/Azshara no longer crashes the game

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    THEY'RE DOING HEROIC BRAWLISEUM IN THIS META???

liEt3nH.png
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »

Nagas in BGs
    Some mercenaries stuff
    Golden minisets

It continues to astound me how they decide what Heroes should have how much armor

Like if we view 0 armor as being "They don't need any cause they're already p strong" why the fuck is Scabbs on that tier

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    internal statistics about winrates presumably

liEt3nH.png
    the much-requested “Upgrade to Golden” feature
    There are that many whales out there?

I guess since I don't really play BGs for real, I never realized how much smaller the Murloc pool was than the other tribes (12 minions vs 15+ for all the others).

Dibby wrote: »

Nagas in BGs
    Some mercenaries stuff
    Golden minisets

It continues to astound me how they decide what Heroes should have how much armor

Like if we view 0 armor as being "They don't need any cause they're already p strong" why the fuck is Scabbs on that tier
    Maybe Scabbs was good before buddies? I honestly can't remember but his buddy is generally pretty bad unless you luck your way into just the right opponents. I imagine his stonks go up in a world without buddies.

forty wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »

Nagas in BGs
    Some mercenaries stuff
    Golden minisets

Maybe Scabbs was good before buddies? I honestly can't remember but his buddy is generally pretty bad unless you luck your way into just the right opponents. I imagine his stonks go up in a world without buddies.

He is at 0 armor with Buddies as well

DNiDlnb.png
    I'm vacationing in Wild with Reno Paladin. I think this is the most expensive deck in Hearthstone history? 19 legendaries and almost 27k dust.

# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
    # 1x (1) Knight of Anointment
    # 1x (1) Crystology
    # 1x (1) Animated Broomstick
    # 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
    # 1x (2) Sir Finley of the Sands
    # 1x (2) Redscale Dragontamer
    # 1x (2) Hand of A'dal
    # 1x (2) Equality
    # 1x (2) Dirty Rat
    # 1x (2) City Tax
    # 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
    # 1x (3) Righteous Defense
    # 1x (3) Lord Barov
    # 1x (3) High Priest Thekal
    # 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
    # 1x (3) Alliance Bannerman
    # 1x (4) Nozdormu the Timeless
    # 1x (4) Cariel Roame
    # 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
    # 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
    # 1x (5) Zilliax
    # 1x (5) Loatheb
    # 1x (6) Reno Jackson
    # 1x (7) The Leviathan
    # 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
    # 1x (7) Lightforged Cariel
    # 1x (8) Varian, King of Stormwind
    # 1x (10) Lokholar the Ice Lord
    # 1x (20) Molten Giant
    AAEBAZ8FHtwK+g7fxALZ/gKggAPOhwODoQP8owOHrQPKwQOVzQOT0AP53gP76APM6wOR7AOm7wPw9gOL+APZ+QO3gATgiwTunwTvpATlsASwsgTHsgSW1ASY1ASa1AQAAA==

It's absurd watching Twitch streamers face DHs with Drek'thars on turn 3-5 damn near every game, and then playing the deck and rarely getting to do that. Two different games.

tbh both the buddy stealer buddies (Tess and Scabbs) had very high variance in the effectiveness of their buddy, but the floor being an extra 2 gold a turn wasn't nothing to sneeze at and i think y'all were too down on them in buddygadon meta

liEt3nH.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I thought scabbs was good? I haven’t looked up winrate stats in a while but he’s good for economy and if you get the right opponents sometimes you just blow the lobby out

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    whatever the balance of naga winds up being, i think spellcraft is a good addition to the structure of battlegrounds and would like to see it iterated upon

liEt3nH.png
    Apparently doing the new mercenaries content softlocks your client and persists even if you force close.

• übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    So after giving it some time, I'm still not receiving new Merc Bounties every day, jsut the Chromie one, and I still haven't completed about 15-20 of my mercs.

camo_sig.png
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    PSA: there's a bug that you can use spellcraft buffs on attachable mechs in the tavern (module, replicating menace) and then buy and attach them which makes the spellcraft permanent.

I don't know if they can hotfix this, it's mainly a problem with windfury.

Otherwise naga feel fun for now. It's nice to have a bunch of buffs every turn and no need to save them for later. You still lose to poison and I haven't been able to get huge stats like other comps, but I have only played a couple games.

I thought scabbs was good? I haven’t looked up winrate stats in a while but he’s good for economy and if you get the right opponents sometimes you just blow the lobby out
    Eh he's pretty hit or miss. If you face heroes like Tickatus it's jackpot time, but he can also brick hard with a lot of situational buddies like Rag or Flurgl (i.e., when you're not running Murlocs). And of course some buddies do absolutely nothing (Tavish).

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Double post, but it is a different topic:
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/developer-insights-battlegrounds-balance/87311
    The top 50% of players have reached 5700 mmr
    The top 25% of players have reached 6500 mmr
    The top 10% of players have reached 7000 mmr
    Congratulations to the top 1% of players who have reached 8300 mmr
    Note that this only counts players who have played at least 5 games in the last 20 days.

This puts me in the top 1%, which I hadn't expected. I think hsreplay has the top 1% of their users well above 10k.

There is also a list of the 10 best heroes, which is definitely surprising.

übergeek wrote: »
    So after giving it some time, I'm still not receiving new Merc Bounties every day, jsut the Chromie one, and I still haven't completed about 15-20 of my mercs.
    How do you know which mercs you haven't completed all 18 tasks on? Are you tracking in a spreadsheet or with an addon or something?

Grobian wrote: »
    PSA: there's a bug that you can use spellcraft buffs on attachable mechs in the tavern (module, replicating menace) and then buy and attach them which makes the spellcraft permanent.

I don't know if they can hotfix this, it's mainly a problem with windfury.
    It's weird to me that they allowed Spellcrafts to target tavern minions. I'm curious why they went with that decision (this perma-buff thing wouldn't have been a problem in that case, other than with some inefficient Jandice hero power cheese).

I don't think they can make it not target minions

liEt3nH.png
    They have the ability to tag spells as not able to target tavern minions (i.e., only your board), so I don't see why they wouldn't have done that with the Spellcrafts.

anyway i just tried to do that and it DEFINITELY did not copy the Windfury, despite copying the stats

liEt3nH.png
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    übergeek wrote: »
    How do you know which mercs you haven't completed all 18 tasks on? Are you tracking in a spreadsheet or with an addon or something?

Partially through a spreadsheet. I started with Legendaries in Red, and thourgh the old grind method got all the way to Guldan in the Blues. Once the new method came out, I'd grind through whatever came up every 2 days or so. I swear I should have about 10 left, unless i was just super efficient and didn't realize I got through all of them.

camo_sig.png
    I'm not saying it's impossible that your account is bugged in some way to not get any more tasks (this game has seen plenty), but it does seem more likely that you just completed them all.

Out of curiosity, what happens when you get a Mysterious Stranger now?

2022-04-08: Fixed a bug where the game would crash if you got a Mysterious Stranger encounter after already completing all Tasks for all Mercenaries you own. Now, if there are not enough visitors with available Tasks to fill the three options, it will select random Mercenaries to fill those slots. You will then be able to select a Mercenary as normal and, if that Mercenary does not have any Tasks to offer, you will get Coins for that Mercenary.

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    top 10% MMR for battlegrounds...moi?

dang i did not expect that.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

OK, Naga seem ridiculous with Queen Azshara. Easiest 1st place that I’ve had in a while. My last five rounds I was doing 30+ damage every round to the other hero. My Avenge-for-spellcraft Naga was just chilling at the right side of my board, never triggering.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    The Nellie bug is so fucking annoying. Play Nellie and roll the dice on whether or not your game crashes.

I thought they fixed it. Nope.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    is the client really laggy in battlegrounds for everyone else? As soon as I play a few spellcrafts it seems like performance takes a dive

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    I disconnected twice and now BNet at large is down for me across all games.

edited May 2022
    Was there another patch today? My launcher wanted to update HS again.

Edit: Maybe something to fix some of the major breakages from yesterday?

forty on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Blizz servers have been DDoS'd this evening, that's probably what it was

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Ah yes, the Noblegarden brawl has shown up right on time.

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    is the client really laggy in battlegrounds for everyone else? As soon as I play a few spellcrafts it seems like performance takes a dive

Did you check the framerate settings in the options? they've added it but it's defaulted to medium. Settting it to high really sped things up for me.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    SfPzdCy.png

FUCKING FINALLY

THE SPICY PRETZ IS MINE

DNiDlnb.png