As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nba] franken-warriors rise as curse of the brook settles over lakers

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Hahaha the "whoop that trick" chants -- just fantastic.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    what a disaster

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Dang, the Kings curse applies to hires immediately I guess.

• Options
    i can't sleep tonight
    having 2016 nightmares

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    i can't sleep tonight
    having 2016 nightmares

I don't think that's happening again. Dre will Choke Dillion Crooks to death to kill the head of the snake "Cobra Kai" style to finish the Grizz off In San Francisco game 6.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Nobody can mail it in like the Warriors. This reminded me of that 2017 Finals game they tanked so they could close the series at home even before the graphic on screen. When they take a night off, they take a night OFF.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Looks like the NBA is creating more awards, including conference finals MVPs. I still don't understand why they don't just do all-playoffs first and second team, or all-playoffs west and east. This still will have the effect of ignoring incredible performances that flameout before the conference finals, and likely still have the unofficial rule of only going to the winners, which dilutes it in my opinion. I like the move, in a vacuum, but I think they could have done better.

https://www.nba.com/news/nba-introduces-new-lineup-of-postseason-hardware

burbo on
  • Options
    I guess the sixers don't want to continue being in the playoffs

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Harden has one shot attempt in the second half with 6:30 left in the game.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Harden has one shot attempt in the second half with 6:30 left in the game.

Simmons-esque

• Options
    God someone please save Embiid

• Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    My "Heat in 6" pick about to come true. Now let's see if Phoenix can do the same.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    So Doc has to be gone but who else? You gotta think they'd love to find a suitor for Harris' contract

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Kind of wonder when Embiid hits the eject button on that whole situation.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    No picks for anyone to take tobias.

Sixers are mostly fucked unless a coaching change ends up being a revelation, which I mean, is possible because doc is one of the worst nba coaches around. But I wouldn’t count on it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I'm rarely entertained by Stephen A, but that was an entirely appropriate rant.

• Options
    Harden played himself out of a max contract unless the Lakers wanna give it to him

• Options
    Knight_ wrote: »

Sixers are mostly fucked unless a coaching change ends up being a revelation, which I mean, is possible because doc is one of the worst nba coaches around. But I wouldn’t count on it.

But....

ow70qb15dh24.png

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Sure goes to show you that nba journalists both don’t watch the games and don’t understand the games they do watch

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

"When I first got here, no one picked us to be anywhere. And again this year, the same thing."

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    And that leaves one MVP finalist left in the playoffs

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options

"When I first got here, no one picked us to be anywhere. And again this year, the same thing."

What mate?

Even if that’s true, it would be because they hired you

• Options
    The Sixers are actually a healthy Embiid away which is a way of saying they have no shot at a championship

• Options
    If only they gambled on Butler instead of Simmons
    That team would be ridiculous

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

Doc is the biggest issue that you can actually do something about pretty easily from an organizational perspective. Tobias is a good player on a bad contract, which makes him harder to move (and harder to blame).

The Sixers are actually a healthy Embiid away which is a way of saying they have no shot at a championship

If only Embiid wasn't left in the last few minutes of a game where his team was up by 30 points. This is exactly why you pull your key guys once the game is won. Especially in the playoffs, when rest is even more at a premium.

• Options
    Sixers probably need to dump rivers and harden and go hard at brunson this off-season

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Question for people who know better: was Harden pouting because it wasn’t all about him all the time? Does he want to be the main character of the anime and he’s sad because he has to share the floor with somebody with as much gravity as him? Did he check out because he’s not the MVP candidate on this team?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Nah he's honestly just not that guy anymore
    He likes partying too much and is more than happy to sit back and watch someone else do the work
    I saw more apathy than frustration or sadness

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Nah he's honestly just not that guy anymore
    He likes partying too much and is more than happy to sit back and watch someone else do the work
    I saw more apathy than frustrating or sadness

He needs to get a max contract to throw more money at the strip club though

TelMarine on
  • Options
    Chris Paul seemed checked out again today. I wonder whats going on with him.

• Options
    burbo wrote: »
    Chris Paul seemed checked out again today. I wonder whats going on with him.

he old

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular

Hey Danny Ainge, care to try to bamboozle Morey for trading Rudy for Joel?

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I'm not the biggest Luka fan, but watching him dismantle and demoralize Chris Paul has been /chefskiss.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

Hey Danny Ainge, care to try to bamboozle Morey for trading Rudy for Joel?

Your plan to make the Jazz better is to trade their only good perimeter defender with… a center

Seems legit

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Gobert is a Center though

• Options
    And Embiid gives you 91% of Gobert’s D but 374% of the offense, and infinity more percent of hilarious team mate hijinx

• Options
    Gobert is a Center though

He said what he said.

• Options
    I dont understand, what is Grayson Allens skillset supposed to be? It seems like he sucks on every level.

• Options
    burbo wrote: »
    I dont understand, what is Grayson Allens skillset supposed to be? It seems like he sucks on every level.

Dumb, punchable face

• Options
    He's supposed to be a 3-and-D wing but Boston seems to love when he's on the court