As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The One Where [Chat] Eats A Soup Tube

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    In "People are buying good things" news, Elden Ring has sold 13.4 million in a month, and Metroid Dread is the best selling Metroid game ever.

Yay! Two things I like that other people like, thereby validating my opinion forever.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @Hakkekage COVID sucks. But if you are vaccinated and boosted at least for us it wasn't that bad. Like a really bad cold but not quiet the flu for about 3-5 days. I had a cough that took a month to go away but my immune system is suppressed. My GF was over it fine in after about 4-5 days and started testing negative.

Got it in an event with 90% of my friends at a house. And one friend's fiancee never got it though she did and they hosted the party. So the world might spite you and Beast never gets it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    hakkes i'm sorry you didn't get the memo that COVID is over now

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I just got the weirdest sensation that I've seen Motörhead live but can't really be sure.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    I just got the weirdest sensation that I've seen Motörhead live but can't really be sure.

what were you doing in 1977

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Current COVID isn't the same beast from 2020, thankfully.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    How does one go about ingesting the soup tube?

• Options
  • Options

Its super infectious.

Not nearly as deadly for most folks.

Probably the worst COVID to get was last October with Delta.

That shit was real bad.

Omicron and the new Omicron b2 variant are on the COVID scale way less bad. Especially if you are a healthy vaccinated person.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

*if you're vaccinated

it's still pretty terrible for people who aren't or can't be

• Options
    Also universe showing its butthole.

6zcnfguulwzp.png

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    E.T. is actually short for “Escobar Trujillo”

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    I'm sorry Amy

Those things aren't true. You're very selfless!

I mean, I like to think so. 🤷‍♀️

I think she specifically meant I was selfish because I wasn’t respectful of how much me asking her to acknowledge her role in my abuse made her feel bad

So selfish!

Do we have the same mom? Or maybe it's a texasmoms thing.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Bogart wrote: »
    You would have to look into the case more thoroughly to figure out what the grounds are.

I tried! But there are one million tabloid stories about the Vardy case filling the search results, and none of them explain the legal or factual basis in any way. So it’s hard to figure out.

(With just the vague contours of what’s going on, it does reinforce my suspicion that British libel law is insane)

MrMister on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »

I’m like 90% sure I was near a festival stage they were playing on? Genuinely not sure tho

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    who can be blamed for not reading their own posts

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

*if you're vaccinated

So's the flu tbh

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    You would have to look into the case more thoroughly to figure out what the grounds are.

I tried! But there are one million tabloid stories about the Vardy case filling the search results, and none of them explain the legal or factual basis in any way. So it’s hard to figure out.

(With just the vague contours of what’s going on, it does reinforce my suspicion that British libel law is insane)
    Critish libel law is extremely insane and free speech doesn't actually exist there in the same context as US free speech. Yes yes, US is awful and we take it too far but in the UK journalists can just be lawyered into oblivion and it is wild.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    EchoCorp just announced a big 100-person two-day offsite and I definitely have mixed opinions.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    The meeting went really well and I am going to celebrate by buying some plants for the house.

• Options
    I have a breakfast of a Hong Kong egg tart and a castella.

Winning.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I don't read my own posts. These posts do not reflect the opinions of my employer. Or my own opinions. I don't even know where these damn opinions are coming from. Am I even writing this?

• Options
    edited May 2022

*if you're vaccinated

Yeah I got delta before** being vaccinated

(**I got the COVID shot roughly 2 days before coming down it)

I was in the hospital for almost a day because my heart rate was like 110, when at rest it's about 80. My O2 was fine, thankfully. I was out for a week solid and slept for almost 4 days straight.

jungleroomx on
  • Options

*if you're vaccinated

So's the flu tbh

it is definitely worse than the flu though and attempts to compare the two as if their severity were the same i think are not a good idea

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    The maniac writing these posts is me

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I don't think a single person in the world thinks Vardy didn't do it, but proving that when all the evidence has been literally dropped into the sea, or somehow been unaccountably corrupted or deleted by mysterious hackers is difficult.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I don't read my own posts. These posts do not reflect the opinions of my employer. Or my own opinions. I don't even know where these damn opinions are coming from. Am I even writing this?

::AH furiously typed at the keys, unaware he had created Echo as fiction become reality, like that movie, because secretly, AH wanted to get into Maces and maybe move to Europe::

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    ah if your jerky turns out delish you should tell me the recipe

I have a food dehydrator that I haven't really used

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    jerky

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    ah if your jerky turns out delish you should tell me the recipe

I have a food dehydrator that I haven't really used

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pigeSJX-94

They make a lot of cowboy candy (a sweet pickled jalapeno, which is delicious), and they started using it as a jerky marinade, so we're doing it, because we've basically just been copying them for the last two years, albeit much more slowly.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I am really not happy with the offshore support team that supports the application I own. I don't know if it's cultural, their individual personalities, or some combination of the two but they are driving me mental.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Drez wrote: »
    I am really not happy with the offshore support team that supports the application I own. I don't know if it's cultural, their individual personalities, or some combination of the two but they are driving me mental.

We've got a vendor that's like two weeks behind on a pretty big deliverable because the company they hired for external support was based in the Ukraine and all of us are like "well shit, we're not going to yell at the vendor or the sub contractor, but we need to keep this moving.....shit" lately.

• Options
    @Atomika I didn't like Dr. Strange either. I put my thoughts on the first few pages of the spoiler thread for it, but yeah, I agree with your points, plus just some stuff I didn't like about it.

Bummer too because I was hype for it. Shang Chi remains my favorite new marvel movie so far post Thanos.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    I don't think a single person in the world thinks Vardy didn't do it, but proving that when all the evidence has been literally dropped into the sea, or somehow been unaccountably corrupted or deleted by mysterious hackers is difficult.

But this is what seems so insane. Vardy did it, everyone knows she did it, the reason it’s hard to prove she did it with forensic evidence is because she destroyed that evidence in an extremely unconvincing accident, and yet Coleen Rooney is being dragged before a court of law and being threatened with a judgment for having said obvious fact that everyone knows? Which she originally documented with pretty convincing evidence when she said it publicly? Insane!

My understanding is that in the US Rooney would have zero legal exposure ~even if~ Vardy somehow miraculously hadn’t done it, so long as Rooney had good reason to believe she did at the time she said so publicly, eg she had done the insta sting operation and gotten that result. The standard here is you’re not allowed to tell reckless or malicious lies about people, not that you have to be actually correct about every unkind thing you say and also able to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.

• Options

But this is what seems so insane. Vardy did it, everyone knows she did it, the reason it’s hard to prove she did it with forensic evidence is because she destroyed that evidence in an extremely unconvincing accident, and yet Coleen Rooney is being dragged before a court of law and being threatened with a judgment for having said obvious fact that everyone knows? Which she originally documented with pretty convincing evidence when she said it publicly? Insane!

My understanding is that in the US Rooney would have zero legal exposure ~even if~ Vardy somehow miraculously hadn’t done it, so long as Rooney had good reason to believe she did at the time she said so publicly, eg she had done the insta sting operation and gotten that result. The standard here is you’re not allowed to tell reckless or malicious lies about people, not that you have to be actually correct about every unkind thing you say and also able to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.

I'm not saying the libel laws aren't bad here.

Also the US is where Elon Musk got away with calling someone a pedo because they made fun of his dumb idea so plainly there could be improvements on both sides of the Atlantic when it comes to this sort of thing.

• Options
  • Options
    Drez wrote: »

We've got a vendor that's like two weeks behind on a pretty big deliverable because the company they hired for external support was based in the Ukraine and all of us are like "well shit, we're not going to yell at the vendor or the sub contractor, but we need to keep this moving.....shit" lately.

We are the contractor with a really big client and we're 1 day behind because our (my) last certification didn't meet criteria we didn't know existed until they complained about it afterwards.

This has been a bad 2 weeks and I think there's about 2 weeks left of this.

• Options
    Something odd such as destroying that data specifically. Could happen to anyone.

Also who does manual backups? It's in the cloud already.

• Options

I'm not saying the libel laws aren't bad here.

Also the US is where Elon Musk got away with calling someone a pedo because they made fun of his dumb idea so plainly there could be improvements on both sides of the Atlantic when it comes to this sort of thing.

Yeah, I don't think anyone from the US can grandstand on this one.

Look at our fucking last president.

This discussion has been closed.