As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] God Roll Guns and Flawless Runs; Tons of Fun in the Light of the Sun

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    As a void hunter I can’t stand the warlock ice turrets. Those things seem ridiculously good but I assume they have a long cool down?

They could stand to make them have half the health they do. Currently if one is up you almost have to concede that area.

I dunno if they track invis but even if not I can’t exactly push invis with one there so I have to shoot it first and not be invis anymore.

Do arc buddy track invis?

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Yeah, Ice Turrets are a counter, but it requires an Aspect. They're....interesting. The bummer part is they use your grenade cooldown, but they definitely can briefly keep an area clear. I want to say it takes 3 bursts of most weapons to kill them.

I believe arc buddies can track invis, but not 100%.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    IMO in PvP the Void Child is a better Ice Turret and that if you're on a Stasis warlock you should just use Osmiomancy and two Coldsnap grenades as grenades, endless turrets is wicked fun in PvE but it's not so good in PvP.

Also yes arc buddies can track invis so once again Getaway Artist is a sneaky rad pick for an Arc Warlock.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    IMO in PvP the Void Child is a better Ice Turret and that if you're on a Stasis warlock you should just use Osmiomancy and two Coldsnap grenades as grenades, endless turrets is wicked fun in PvE but it's not so good in PvP.

Also yes arc buddies can track invis so once again Getaway Artist is a sneaky rad pick for an Arc Warlock.

If the Void Buddy actually decides to fucking do something anyway.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Ice turrets have an incredibly long cool down, enough so I really dislike using them. This isn't too say they're bad, I just think they've got a high skill floor to both placing and then taking advantage of the zoning they give you.

Cold snaps are similar, less cool down but actually executing on them is pretty difficult - though that may just be me. Playing with a minimum latency of 150ms really changes your perspective on things. Objectively, both are strong options (and killing people with coldsnap seekers is very funny), but they're not for me

Child is ridiculous right now. It's aoe is huge, it's drain is simply nuts and can often win you duels, or turn fights that were a loss into a trade. And with 100 recovery you can send multiple children out even within a single trials round.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    edited May 2022
    shryke wrote: »
    Yeah. In terms of countering Void Hunter, s'far as I know you have to actually hit somebody for it to go out. Even if it responds defensively, it's still after you get hit in either scenario when discussing the Void Hunteer ability to have first hit shot advantage, so I don't consider it a counter. Separate to that, though, Void Buddy has overperformed my earlier estimation of it. It's definitely not bad.

Ice turrets have an incredibly long cool down, enough so I really dislike using them. This isn't too say they're bad, I just think they've got a high skill floor to both placing and then taking advantage of the zoning they give you.

Cold snaps are similar, less cool down but actually executing on them is pretty difficult - though that may just be me. Playing with a minimum latency of 150ms really changes your perspective on things. Objectively, both are strong options (and killing people with coldsnap seekers is very funny), but they're not for me

Child is ridiculous right now. It's aoe is huge, it's drain is simply nuts and can often win you duels, or turn fights that were a loss into a trade. And with 100 recovery you can send multiple children out even within a single trials round.

Yep, this is my main issue with ice turrets. The cooldown is long. If you have Osmiomancy, that helps, as you have two of them, but then you're not using Coldsnaps. I know Shryke hates coldsnaps with the fury of a thousand suns, so that may not be the end of the world for some.

Bizazedo on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Huh, I’ve never heard of these gloves, wonder why…

*googles*

Oh… Legendary lost sectors? Yeah, eff that.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Osmiomancy gloves are great. Warlocks got two very good exotics this go-round.

Completing the legendary story gets you one of them for free, two, albeit their stats suck.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

*googles*

Yeah, be nice to play with some of the new Exotic armors from the last couple of years but running a Legendary Lost Sector solo for a SMALL CHANCE of having one drop isn't really my idea of fun.

• DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    Just a newbie here, but does anyone have a place where I can farm some of those +10 to stats mods? Or do I pray to RNG jebus?

steam_sig.png
    Owenashi wrote: »

*googles*

Yeah, be nice to play with some of the new Exotic armors from the last couple of years but running a Legendary Lost Sector solo for a SMALL CHANCE of having one drop isn't really my idea of fun.

Every new exotic comes from the Legendary Lost Sectors.

The drop rate is not that small and even with a run of bad luck it's probably still only an hour or two at most.

Bizazedo wrote: »
    Yeah. In terms of countering Void Hunter, s'far as I know you have to actually hit somebody for it to go out. Even if it responds defensively, it's still after you get hit in either scenario when discussing the Void Hunteer ability to have first hit shot advantage, so I don't consider it a counter. Separate to that, though, Void Buddy has overperformed my earlier estimation of it. It's definitely not bad.

Yep, this is my main issue with ice turrets. The cooldown is long. If you have Osmiomancy, that helps, as you have two of them, but then you're not using Coldsnaps. I know Shryke hates coldsnaps with the fury of a thousand suns, so that may not be the end of the world for some.

With Void Buddy you don't just have to hit someone. You have to hit someone and then make the appropriate supplications and ablutions so the little bastard actually decides to bless you with the gift of him doing his fucking job. Usually this involves you sticking your head out of cover long enough to get killed.

And Coldsnaps are super finnicky in terms of tracking. They hate doorways with a fiery passion and their deployment time and tracking is pretty shite and gets easily confused. And then even if you get the freeze off, if you aren't already sprinting into range before the grenade even hit the ground your chances of capitalizing on the freeze (which you have to use a special or a melee for) is quite small because the freeze is so short.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

*googles*

The drop rate is not that small and even with a run of bad luck it's probably still only an hour or two at most.

Solo Legendary Lost Sectors.

Just so folks don't do something obvious for dealing with difficult content and screw themselves.

If you're at hard cap they are probably not as horrible as you think they are. You've got to play smart but they aren't impossible or anything. Just be real sure you've got plans for the Champions.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    Just a newbie here, but does anyone have a place where I can farm some of those +10 to stats mods? Or do I pray to RNG jebus?

I think they have a chance of popping out of engrams that you decode and rank up packages that you pick up so I think your best bet is to run strikes/crucible/Gambit and pick up the rank up packages. This is a good week for Crucible, they're giving more rank points and if you just stay in the Crucible for a while the streak bonus adds up to nearly constant rank ups.

also get wrekt lol

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited May 2022

*googles*

Solo Legendary Lost Sectors.

Just so folks don't do something obvious for dealing with difficult content and screw themselves.

If you're at hard cap they are probably not as horrible as you think they are. You've got to play smart but they aren't impossible or anything. Just be real sure you've got plans for the Champions.

Honestly for some of them the plan can literally be "Match elements with the burn and nuke".

@PMAvers @Owenashi Seriously. Legendary Lost Sectors are piss easy, and while Masters are more difficult, they're not that much more difficult. Let's look at today's lost sector - Exodus Garden 2A.

So right off, we know it's Fallen. Which means Barrier and Overload champs. Not too bad. Next up, we know it's a Void Burn, and there's only Void shields in it. This is great - Void is stronk right now in general due to Void 3.0, and burn matching the shields means we can easily overwhelm things. Also most fallen do arc damage, with only servitors generally packing Void - which means we can leverage the Burn and not be affected by it nearly as much.

Right off the bat, this suggests a loadout that's doing something like Dead Man's Tale/Funnelweb/Void Heavy of your choice (I'd take my Red Herring or Threaded Needle, personally). Alternatively, Ostro Striga/Aisha's Embrace (or a similar void scout rifle) and again Red Herring/Threaded Needle. You could also take non-exotic primaries and use something like Deathbringer in your heavy slot for maximum overkill, but Exotic Primaries get to shred red bars, and putting red bars in the dirt fast is good for keeping you alive. All in all Ostreo is my pick here.

This lets you cover your bases on champions, and your void primary will punch through most things thanks to the burn. Ostero's probably the better play here as it's aoe will eat adds for breakfast and it's burn cripples Overloads. Your basic strategy is going to be stunning the champs and then blasting them with your heavy - meanwhile, Vortex grenades, Voltaile Weapons (via getting Void Wells and the right mod) should let you destroy adds freely. If you're packing Lucent Finisher and feeling confident, you can also finish champs to generate heavy like it's raining from heaven.

Finally, the thing has Attrtion and Scorched Earth today - lots of grenades comming your way, and regen wont be easy. That's... whatever, just be careful and clever with cover, and see above on blapping red bars - shit cant throw grenades when it's a pile of melting goo.

Edit: Just to prove i'm not talking out my arse, i solo flawessed it on master in about ten minutes just now.

Also the next set of lost sectors (starting tomorrow) are all the ones in Dreaming City - these are fast and easy to do, with either taken or Scorn as your foes. pack a glaive and roll on things, and if it's solar burn, use Gjally to introduce your foes to the concept of Get Fucked

The Zombie Penguin on

With Void Buddy you don't just have to hit someone. You have to hit someone and then make the appropriate supplications and ablutions so the little bastard actually decides to bless you with the gift of him doing his fucking job. Usually this involves you sticking your head out of cover long enough to get killed.

And Coldsnaps are super finnicky in terms of tracking. They hate doorways with a fiery passion and their deployment time and tracking is pretty shite and gets easily confused. And then even if you get the freeze off, if you aren't already sprinting into range before the grenade even hit the ground your chances of capitalizing on the freeze (which you have to use a special or a melee for) is quite small because the freeze is so short.

This isnt true on Void buddy. You have to hit someone and NOT kill them. The Child is very specifically tuned so it wont just run off and drain thin air. Likewise, just winging someone with a single bullet from an SMG or pulse isnt enoguh to trip the child into flying out. Little Kid is pretty reliable, and i've had no trouble getting him to go where i want when i want in trials. A bit more trouble in 6s, but it's 6s - they're a crazy place.

I will agree on Coldsnaps being way too fussy on tracking, but oh well.

• twotimesadingotwotimesadingo Registered User regular
    Where do people have the most luck LFGing for this game? The dedicated Destiny app? The100.io? Bungie.net?

I'm just jumping back in, and the amount of things I simply can't do solo is obscene (this is a me thing, I'm downright terrible it appears).

PSN: peepshowofforce
    edited May 2022

This isnt true on Void buddy. You have to hit someone and NOT kill them. The Child is very specifically tuned so it wont just run off and drain thin air. Likewise, just winging someone with a single bullet from an SMG or pulse isnt enoguh to trip the child into flying out. Little Kid is pretty reliable, and i've had no trouble getting him to go where i want when i want in trials. A bit more trouble in 6s, but it's 6s - they're a crazy place.

I will agree on Coldsnaps being way too fussy on tracking, but oh well.

My testing is that for void Buddy you have to hit them, not kill them and also stare at them long enough for it to activate. It absolutely will not just go if you wing someone and duck back into cover quickly in my experience, both PvP and PvE. This is why I found it super unreliable in Trials where the most likely outcome is it doesn't fire because you are peaking too effectively or you get murdered trying to keep LOS with the enemy long enough to get him to go.

shryke on
  • YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    Where do people have the most luck LFGing for this game? The dedicated Destiny app? The100.io? Bungie.net?

I'm just jumping back in, and the amount of things I simply can't do solo is obscene (this is a me thing, I'm downright terrible it appears).

Join the PA discord, we have plenty of folks on PC and console who can help out! https://discord.gg/aGfMWqyF

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    See, the problem isn't that I can't do Legend lost sectors. I can do them fine.

I just find the grind miserable and un-fun.

Masters can fuck all the way off with how champions are designed.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

The 100 for like, I'm wanna do a thing tomorrow. Official app for stuff right now.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    See, the problem isn't that I can't do Legend lost sectors. I can do them fine.

I just find the grind miserable and un-fun.

Masters can fuck all the way off with how champions are designed.

Masters are barely any harder than legendaries though? Only annoyance is overloads, and you can still dumpster those with void grenades into a burn-matching rocket or whatever. I'm not champions biggest fan or anything, but they're really easy to deal with most of time time was long as you exploit the stuns.

Anyway, sure the grind is bad if you're trying to get multiple copies but it's pretty chill and painless for getting your first copy of an exotic.

@twotimesadingo Pug is right to come join us on PA! Beyond that there's the D2 sanctuary discord - not the most active, but friendly. There's also the destiny lfg discord, good to grab a group fast, by high chance of jerks.

Overload/Barrier is the easiest champ combo to deal with:

Void class + Overload Grenades
    Arbalest
    AR/SMG of your choice for backup stunning
    Heavy is a free choice

You will crush that shit pretty easily

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    As I've mentioned before, Collective Obligation needs a buff (preferably trigger void leach on 2 bursts rather than 3, or self-generate debuffs, or increased damage while void leech charged or anything).

But with 400 PVP kills lodged on the gun, I finally got it to do the thing I think it was meant to do.
    https://youtu.be/1VI1tQfw7z0
    Saved me and the dude next to me, as that Warlock was mid-animation to freeze and murder us.

Now I need to get that to happen, but with a Thundercrash, but it felt real good to finally have the pieces click together.

Edit: Ha! Two in the same night! And the second time Volatile meant winning a 3v1 after suppressing the Stormcaller. Ok yeah, a Guardian could get used to this.

Zombie Gandhi on
    Oh man. Legend achieved. I broke my no playing past 10:30 rule because I dunno how much I’ll be able to play the next week.

Both times I’ve hit legend the last match was an absolute joke. I wonder if Bungie has some weird “you’re one win away here’s a bunch of scrubs” matchmaking

616610-1.png
    More good news. Last Master challenge is a cakewalk (it's actually how we do the encounter normally, so except for random champions it was absolutely no different for us). 1 shot due to that.

Earlier free extra chest gave me my last red box I needed to have all raid patterns completed, so I didn't even need to buy a red from Rhulk's chest. This meant I dumped 240 spoils on Deliverance and Insidious.

I got some interesting ones. If one rolls an absolute 5/5 god roll (whatever that is to your personal tastes), I do think the adepts are better than the crafted. Barely. I don't think I got that, but got stuff that's probably slightly under or equivalent to my Crafteds. I think the Adept Deliverance I got is equivalent and maybe better than my crafted one once next season rolls around and nerfs Icarus Grip / airborne shooting. Insidious? Probably not since the crafted can get to 96 base stability w/o rapid hit. God roll adept can get higher than that due to adept mods with less damage to the range (not that that matters, the range is fine), but I did not get that roll.

We're talking minor improvements, though, and the adept versus crafted balance is still all sorts of fucked.

Speaking of luck, a raidmate got three red box Pattern raid weapons off Rhulk when we did it normal mode last night. Guaranteed red, his normal drop as red, and the challenge loot was red. Insane.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I dumped all my spoils and got no adept weapons worth keeping. Bummer.

Arteen wrote: »
    I dumped all my spoils and got no adept weapons worth keeping. Bummer.

Yeah. Like, despite me being optimistic, in the end I really only got 1 Adept I think might be worth keeping after buying 11.

edited May 2022
    Hmmm destiny won’t launch for me today. Just stick at the splash screen. Elden ring won’t even launch at all. Very strange. Worked fine last night

Edit: restating my Xbox wasn’t working from the menu either and turning off didn’t actually turn it off so I unplugged the power and seems ok now

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
    RIFT! I CALLED IT! WHY MUST MY POWERS ONLY WORK ON THINGS THAT DON'T MATTER IN LIFE?!

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I’m just bummed that it sure seems like we’re not getting another element revamp.

Bungie is just honestly just too slow with content.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited May 2022
    Yeah… a new element rework every season seemed way too good to be true .

I csn see them more likely doing it one per dlc and not introducing more darkness subclasses tbh

But I’m open to being surprised

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
    They've said that's the goal and have been dropping hints. I'm not sure how playing it close to the chest equals no revamp

Yeah, I don't see anything indicating we aren't getting arc or solar 3.0 next season. They just won't announce anything till the last second. That's how they've done all their seasonal announcements recently. The last few non-expansion seasons have been announced less then a week ahead of time. We get patchnote previews and such but in terms of content they keep it all under wraps.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    My guess is that the trailer will show off the big bad threat of the season and then cut to the new Element rework of the season held up high as the big weapon to use against it.

Man I was hoping forerunner would work well with bow swap but it’s ads is too slow unfortunately

QuickDraw Steady hand however continues to feel absolutely ridiculously good with it. Like any other weapon combo and I would’ve been complaining about terrible destiny spawns after this clip instead of feeling like a badass

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/ACBT73DX

616610-1.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Man I was hoping forerunner would work well with bow swap but it’s ads is too slow unfortunately

QuickDraw Steady hand however continues to feel absolutely ridiculously good with it. Like any other weapon combo and I would’ve been complaining about terrible destiny spawns after this clip instead of feeling like a badass

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/ACBT73DX

Forerunner is better run with Mechanners trick sleeves and double Sidearms

Minor gripe of the day, hunters should lose invis in the Crucible when you shoot them, not just when they shoot you. It's silly.

Also I've been watching old D1 Rift vids and the old Crucible kill noise/ding was SO MUCH BETTER than the current one, I will hear no arguments to the contrary.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Do we have a double rep week coming up for gambit?

smCQ5WE.jpg