As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    So does epic, but IIRC the same roadblock existed for fortnite crossplay so I don't think it's a matter of publisher, Sony just doesn't want to play ball. "If you want to play with your friends who have PS versions you better buy a PS" kinda thing.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    So does epic, but IIRC the same roadblock existed for fortnite crossplay so I don't think it's a matter of publisher, Sony just doesn't want to play ball. "If you want to play with your friends who have PS versions you better buy a PS" kinda thing.

Most likely, Sony wants a cut on purchases made in-game when the user signs in on PC with a PS account. The details of how that would work would be subject to a lot of back and forth, and with Sony not in any particular hurry to see crossplay implemented, they can hold up the process indefinitely unless their hand is ultimately forced by legal action. Not something very likely to happen because Sony is by no means as dominant in its market as Apple, against whom Epic was able to win concessions in court. And also because, even with Sony taking a cut, the PlayStation versions are a good revenue stream for Warframe.

That's a recipe for crossplay to take years. Unless the publishing arm of Sony, who I can see wanting to emulate Microsoft's successful two-pronged strategy on PC and console, win out in the boardroom and persuade the company to cut the Gordian knot.

Either way, just throwing this out there. I started over on PC, and it ain't that bad. Frankly, I fell in love with the game again. Mind you, I'm not necessarily advocating for that, with the distinct possibility of putting many hours into it needlessly as crossplay is somewhere just over the horizon. But if the fear is, "I don't wanna lose this, I don't wanna lose that", know that this is what held me back for some time. And it turned out to be a nothingburger.

I did make sure that I'm using a different username and e-mail address, for the PC account. Until and unless we get something concrete on how account transfers and account merging work, I don't want anything tying the two platforms together.

ArmsForPeace84 on
    Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Now I just need 5 Atmos...

Update: 2-6-6 is indeed much much better than either of the ones I had. And "8 headshots on a Void Angel" is surprisingly easy if you realise you can use the transformed mode for it. Also the transformed Laetum is fucking insane.

transformed mode?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    The Zariman weapons have a base mode, then a Transformed mode that apparently for the Laetum wrecks house.

https://youtu.be/zvEba3EAGZs

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    ^^ It is absolutely ridiculous. The only thing saving it from being hopelessly overpowered is you need to get normal mode headshots (8-12) to charge it, and no ammo efficiency mods/effects work on the transformed mode. Shit just melts.

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    A big thing that I miss from void dashes is the ability to dash forwards and then immediately dash backwards to where I was. It was fun to combine with the Zenurik electricity aoe, which is another thing that I'm going to be missing.

the arcane Magus Revert does something very similar

"On Void Sling Use again within 3s, to return the Operator to their original position at no energy cost. Restores 60 Health. 3s cooldown"

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    finally got on and tried new void dash, seems fine, functions basically the same for me as it ever did, just a little less recast snappy

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    also what's the hotness for focus farming now, still just ESO?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Hasn't really changed much that I can see. Fastest way I know of is sleep farming adaro or high level endless missions, ESO is great if you don't want to pay any attention or don't have the setup to do sleep farming though.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    did they increase focus costs all around? I feel like I had most of Madurai unlocked before, but now I can barely unwaybind the unwaybindables and get the first ranks of most but not all of the rest

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    At least this patch has gotten me to start unlocking more Focus shit. I now have the health waybound and man, 1650 health sure feels good. But I'll still probably be ditching Vigor once I have better magus arcanes.

It's pretty funny with Replenish, though. Yeah, sure, I'll heal 500 health on a sling, why not.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    SquigieSquigie Registered User regular
    Hunting Void Angels is also a good source of Focus. 15k a pop, plus you're gaining rep items for the new faction.

Warning: the preceding post may be more sarcastic than it appears. Proceed at own risk. Individual results may vary. Offers not valid in Canada or where prohibited by fraud statutes.
  • Options
    Did new quest, feeling only dread at new content being yet another damn rep grind so back into hibernation warframe goes. Quest was honestly kind of boring? Was expecting something more interesting from the zariman.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Did new quest, feeling only dread at new content being yet another damn rep grind so back into hibernation warframe goes. Quest was honestly kind of boring? Was expecting something more interesting from the zariman.

The quest was a glorified Zariman tutorial.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options

No shit. Like I said, as soon as I realized the meat of the stuff to do was grind a new rep to add to the pile of reps to grind, my interest turned to ash.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

No shit. Like I said, as soon as I realized the meat of the stuff to do was grind a new rep to add to the pile of reps to grind, my interest turned to ash.

Everything you can grind though (except the Alternox) is pretty fun, the new mission modes are also OK<->Good and the new maps are some of the better ones DE have made.
    The worst part is that you will probably feel an urge to revisit old (and much worse) content to get better Amps.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    did they increase focus costs all around? I feel like I had most of Madurai unlocked before, but now I can barely unwaybind the unwaybindables and get the first ranks of most but not all of the rest

Sort of but not really but yes. There's no more pool, so costs seem to have gone up to roughly sink the balance of what you would have needed to spend on that.

• Options

No cost increase that I can see, though like dporowski said there is no pool any longer so if you spent less in one school than another you'll feel it painfully as you try to respend.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I have to wonder if they'll ever get around to expanding the tree.

It has a zoom out and drag around function and a bunch of dead space that is completely unnecessary.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular

Sort of but not really but yes. There's no more pool, so costs seem to have gone up to roughly sink the balance of what you would have needed to spend on that.

Yeah, I’m slightly ahead of where I was at on unlocking nodes prior to the rework. Down to one waybound to go, from two.

Where I’m way ahead is not having to upgrade capacity, which was going to be a bunch more focus farming to equip all the waybounds. Between that and the set of Lua focus lenses, assuming those are a gift to every player, I suspect the focus grind just got, overall, way more manageable.

Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options

Yeah, I’m slightly ahead of where I was at on unlocking nodes prior to the rework. Down to one waybound to go, from two.

Where I’m way ahead is not having to upgrade capacity, which was going to be a bunch more focus farming to equip all the waybounds. Between that and the set of Lua focus lenses, assuming those are a gift to every player, I suspect the focus grind just got, overall, way more manageable.

Yeah, I'm well ahead of where I was; 3 waybounds unlocked and halfway to the 4th. Most of the slowdown will be "I can only take so much ESO with Saryn" at this point.

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Honestly the zariman is fucking amazing for focus, at least 15k per mission adds up pretty fast. Plus it's where all the new shit is.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    Honestly the zariman is fucking amazing for focus, at least 15k per mission adds up pretty fast. Plus it's where all the new shit is.

Yeah, but if I drop a booster--which I usually do--a run of ESO to 8 is like 125k or more. I can generally cap in ~2 runs.

Edit: Also, the 15k is to active school only; I am not necessarily levelling the one I have active since I'm just working on waybounds for now.

dporowski on
  • Options

My pool was maxed and I had and have all the nodes, but don't quite have enough for all the appearance gear. Each piece is 1 million, going to take a while for some of the schools.

• Options
    If you're wanting practice aiming void sling, the Mobile Defense/Kill an angel bounty will give you lots and lots and lots and lots.

If I farm like this long enough to get the last Incarnon BP, I will absolutely burn out. If I don't, I will be annoyed because I can't finish evolving my other two to their full ridiculousness yet.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Pinions is definitely going to be annoying though. Since you need 15 for both the primary and the melee incarnon weapons you need 30 Angel kills to get all incarnon weapons (31 if you were foolish enough to spend the pinion you got from the quest). The bounty weapons are no less grindy, as all of their components have the 10% drop rates (on Rotation C).

After a bunch of bounty grinding and not very many rewards, I'm somewhat amused that you thought that that that in particular was going to be a obstacle.

jothki on
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Pinions is definitely going to be annoying though. Since you need 15 for both the primary and the melee incarnon weapons you need 30 Angel kills to get all incarnon weapons (31 if you were foolish enough to spend the pinion you got from the quest). The bounty weapons are no less grindy, as all of their components have the 10% drop rates (on Rotation C).

After a bunch of bounty grinding and not very many rewards, I'm somewhat amused that you thought that that that in particular was going to be a obstacle.

I didn't say that! (I don't think I said that? The little >> link doesn't go to me saying that...)

My bounties last night were almost all endo (which is good I was out did I mention I accidentally levelled a spare Galvanized Chamber?) but piles of quills/pinions. The gate is seriously going to be my sanity and the faction rank up mats as far as the Incarnons go.

Edit: HA I DID NOT it was fiendishrabbit I am not insane.

dporowski on
  • Options

I didn't say that! (I don't think I said that? The little >> link doesn't go to me saying that...)

My bounties last night were almost all endo (which is good I was out did I mention I accidentally levelled a spare Galvanized Chamber?) but piles of quills/pinions. The gate is seriously going to be my sanity and the faction rank up mats as far as the Incarnons go.

Yeah, not sure how your name got attached to that.

• Options

Yeah, not sure how your name got attached to that.

Skittergirl.

• Options
    It's not double posting if it's the next day.

People who yoink the datamass and go fuck off hunting plumes in a mobile defense are literally Hitsatanler.

• Options

People who yoink the datamass and go fuck off hunting plumes in a mobile defense are literally Hitsatanler.

In my experience, the etiquette is to yoink the data mass and drop it in front of the defense point to let folks "vote" on what they want to do. If someone sticks it in, everyone rushes to defend, if not we all look for ticklers.

• Options
    I suppose that even if someone on your team decides to pretend that it's not a Zariman mission, you'll at least get some Thrax kills out of it so it's not a complete waste.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    kralizecc wrote: »

In my experience, the etiquette is to yoink the data mass and drop it in front of the defense point to let folks "vote" on what they want to do. If someone sticks it in, everyone rushes to defend, if not we all look for ticklers.

Problem is if it's the angel/MD bounty, it's level 90+ with infinite spawns, and the plumes on the map are identical to those in the level 50 nonrespawning exterminate. I want to get in, pop the 3 terminals, kill the angel, extract ASAP because the quill/pinion:time ratio vastly favors that approach vice spending a while scouring for 250 rep Downs.

I like kill angel first, some people kill angel last, I mean you know this isn't rocket science, but it just makes no sense to me to doddle about on a hostile map looking for pickups that are worth less all-up than what you'd get in the same time by extracting/repeating.

Edit: And if you need Crest/Vanes, then IMO it's far simpler to just spam the exterminate and go hunting. Same pickup spawn logic, much more chill.

dporowski on
  • Options
    That's not a problem, just pop the data mass in, or if you aren't motivated to do it in a hurry let someone else make that choice. I kill the angel when I find it, level 90 and infinite spawns isn't meaningful to me as I'm just there to have fun and find stuff which isn't really impacted by the difficulty variance. I like getting the pinions and the vanes in my one to three runs per night so I only do the regular exterminate when there's no handy bounty.

typically I only do the new modes when I'm playing with friends, I solo the old style ones unless I forget to change my status from a public trade.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    /logs back in

OH GOD I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S HAPPENING OR HOW TO DO THINGS AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    /logs back in

OH GOD I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S HAPPENING OR HOW TO DO THINGS AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

This is why I haven't logged back in for quite awhile

(I mean aside from trying to play catch up on a ton of other games)

((Also me losing a ton of interest once I hit MR30 which I was afraid was going to happen))

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I finally got around to making a 777 amp.

But uh, how the heck do you utilize the propa scaffold explosive for anything? It practically doesn't go forward at all, and self staggers. Maybe I'm just tired and not seeing it's potential.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Ranlin wrote: »

But uh, how the heck do you utilize the propa scaffold explosive for anything? It practically doesn't go forward at all, and self staggers. Maybe I'm just tired and not seeing it's potential.

I feel like my next one is going to be 766, because the recharge on the Plaga brace is just ridiculous. I know the crit is good, but "I basically always have ammo" is a thing too. Is there a real point to X7X vs X6X though? Marginally more damage I guess on the 7?

Edit: This assumes I can be convinced to farm more Vega toroids. Ew.

dporowski on
  • Options
    As usual for most warframe videos it's over edited and made "funny", but helminthing Harrow's condemn ability for use with Incarnon weapons? Solid advice.
    https://youtu.be/HefBOL_OO1k

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »

I feel like my next one is going to be 766, because the recharge on the Plaga brace is just ridiculous. I know the crit is good, but "I basically always have ammo" is a thing too. Is there a real point to X7X vs X6X though? Marginally more damage I guess on the 7?

Edit: This assumes I can be convinced to farm more Vega toroids. Ew.

Having made a 66uhhh...3? 4? the stats/crit one, since someone mentioned x6x being great for proccing void debuffs on large groups, I certainly initially like x6x vs x7x from a usability standpoint. I hadn't ever tried either, so this is my initial exposure.

This discussion has been closed.