As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MTG] One Ring Four Mana

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    My current sealed pool had 0 fixing commons, almost no fixing lands, almost no treasure generators, and the best rares were corpse explosion and xander.

But it had 3 inspiring overseers and 4 murders, so it's still pretty good.

I ate an engineer
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i sold my modern-heavy collection for about what i spent on the hobby over the five years i played standard, maybe a little less, but:

i always traded for legacy and modern value
    i waited like five years after quitting and then sold everything
    buy listing and sorting thousands of cards was roughly 40hrs labor

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Didn’t think today could get shittier but here we are

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Because Streets of New Capenna has only already been out for two weeks, here are MaRo's teasers for CML2: Baldur's Gate!
    First up, here are some things you can expect:

• a returning mechanic that feels apropos for D&D makes use of a new card type

• a card capable of making an Ox, Boar, or Goat

• the word “seven” appears on two cards and the word “nine” appears on one

• a new legendary colorless artifact token named Volo’s Journal

• a 10/10 creature with flying and trample that you can cast for G

• a lord for Demons, Devils, Imps, and Tieflings

• the character we got a lot of complaints about not being in Adventures in the Forgotten Realms gets a card

• three legendary creatures that are Gods

• a card that enhances all creatures with mana abilities

• a spell that can copy something X times

Next, here are some rules text that will be showing up on cards:

• “This spell costs 1 less to cast for each opponent you’re attacking.”

• “That artifact becomes a 0/0 Homunculus artifact creature with flying.”

• “Whenever you cast a spell you don’t own,”

• “If you control neither creature, draw three cards.”

• “you don’t lose the game for having 0 or less life.”

• “Tokens you control have ‘T:”

• “Then choose a third player”

• “where X is the total mana value of Dragons you control.”

• “put a number of time counters on it equal to its mana value.”

• “you may cast your commander from the command zone without paying its mana cost.”

Here are some flavor words in the set:

• Devour Intellect

• Homunculus Servant

• Bigby’s Hand

• Gathered Swarm

• Avoidance

• Vicious Mockery

• Blood Drain

• Mantel of Inspiration

• Animate Chains

• Death Ray

Finally, here are some creature type lines in the set:

• Legendary Creature – Halfling Knight

• Legendary Creature – Tiefling Barbarian

• Legendary Creature – Gith Warrior

• Legendary Creature – Dragon Peasant

• Legendary Creature – Vampire Elf Rogue

• Legendary Creature – Bear Warrior

• Legendary Creature – Devil Noble

• Legendary Creature – Human Boar

• Legendary Creature – Cat Devil

• Legendary Creature – Elephant Angel

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    The pace

Is too fast

2x39jD4.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    well the theory is meant to be that they're targeting different sets at different people. the standard enthusiast is not the commander enthusiast. free yourself from the consumption of All Product

liEt3nH.png
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular

This Thursday at 2:30PM PT over on the official MTG Twitch channel they'll be giving some sneak peaks at Double Masters 2022, Dominaria United, and the Warhammer 40K Commander decks.

PERPETUAL HYPE

well the theory is meant to be that they're targeting different sets at different people. the standard enthusiast is not the commander enthusiast. free yourself from the consumption of All Product

Yeah I'm going to draft CML2 twice, max, and then never look at it again unless I need singles.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Lost to a Winota deck because I didn't see the briefcase artifact can be tapped for mana.

Reading is FUNdamental!

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Lost to a Winota deck because I didn't see the briefcase artifact can be tapped for mana.

Reading is FUNdamental!

Yep, the briefcase is still a Treasure, and has the normal sac ability. (Unlike the red mana rock, which is a Treasure with different abilities). The commander cards also include a fun Clue that seems real dumb if it gets proliferated at all.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    So who is "the character we got a lot of complaints about not being in Adventures in the Forgotten Realms gets a card"?

• jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    So who is "the character we got a lot of complaints about not being in Adventures in the Forgotten Realms gets a card"?

Elminster. 100%

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    It is definitely Elminster, but it fucking should be Deekin.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    I'd say Elminster but I don't think the fandom actually likes him. They might have been confused why he of all characters wasn't present, but that's not the same as "because YOU demanded it, the archetypal GMPC!"

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    It's probably Elminster, if only because AFR had the blue planeswalker be frickin' Mordenkainen. People were understandably confused about how Greyhawk's signature GMPC wizard got into a Forgotten Realms set but Elminster didn't.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    It was Jon Irenicus. Like, everyone knows FR from Baldur's Gate and nobody gives a flying fuck about Sarevok, but loves them some Jon Irenicus.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    frankly it's very likely that there will be multiple characters in the set that everyone can claim is that hint

liEt3nH.png
    frankly it's very likely that there will be multiple characters in the set that everyone can claim is that hint

Ah yes, the Horoscope Method.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    It was Jon Irenicus. Like, everyone knows FR from Baldur's Gate and nobody gives a flying fuck about Sarevok, but loves them some Jon Irenicus.

I do love Irenicus. It's a shame they can't somehow embed David Warner's voice into the paper card, his performance sticks with me to this day.

Yah, plenty of folks from Baldur's Gate's cast, Jaraxle, Artemis Entreri, was there characters in Neverwinter Nights that are relevant? And that's just the stuff off the top of my head. There's a shit ton of Forgotten Realms out there and everyone's got their favorites.

Hail Hydra
    edited May 2022
    Yah, plenty of folks from Baldur's Gate's cast, Jaraxle, Artemis Entreri, was there characters in Neverwinter Nights that are relevant? And that's just the stuff off the top of my head. There's a shit ton of Forgotten Realms out there and everyone's got their favorites.

DEEKIN

1n3aga1z2mxr.png

Pinfeldorf on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular

okay listen obvious Sarevok pales in comparison to Irenicus but I don't think we should discount him that much. He was a perfectly threatening and badass villain and Kevin Michael Richardson did a killer job.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

okay listen obvious Sarevok pales in comparison to Irenicus but I don't think we should discount him that much. He was a perfectly threatening and badass villain and Kevin Michael Richardson did a killer job.

Sarevok probably would have seemed cooler in retrospect if they hadn't made him a party member in ToB.

Also that armor is pretty silly.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    • a lord for Demons, Devils, Imps, and Tieflings

Ever since they introduced batching in Dominaria, I've wanted to see certain creature types batched into groups similar to this.

Mankin: Human, Elf, Dwarf, Kithkin, Centaur, Angel

Orckin: Goblin, Orc, Troll, Ogre, Cyclops

Undead: Skeleton, Zombie, Spirit, Spectre, Shade, Vampre

Infernal: Devil, Imp, Azra, Efreet, Demon

Magicborn: Faerie, Gremlin, Homunculus, Elemental, Gargoyle, Golem, Djinn, Naga, Giant

Darkborn: Harpie, Siren, Gorgon, Minotaur
    Why yes, I have played a lot of Heroes of Might & Magic 3. Why do you ask?

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Winota and tibalts trickery banned in Explorer.

Not! My! Fault!

Should've just been banned in bo1. Bo3 Winota was fine.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    damn that was fast

note that they intend to unban winota with the next standard set release to re-evaluate

liEt3nH.png
    damn that was fast

note that they intend to unban winota with the next standard set release to re-evaluate

Trickery, however, will need to see some Pioneer support before they care to look at it again prior to Format Unification.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    free gold today

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    The spoiler/news stream is going on, have some previews:

Warhammer 40K Commander Deck previews:
    hi63wy08hqy5.png
    kwqt196fgqno.png
    vfom9iiimwc1.png
    kitldmo04gie.png

Double Masters 2022 previews:
    Dominaria United packaging:
    7ehx21uhbe4f.jpg

Upcoming Love Your LGS retail promo Sol Ring:
    l70qoeu5qlvq.png

Store Championship promos:
    j8ajzsgjj8is.jpg

jgeis on
    on the DU collector booster packaging, is that
    Braids? if so I did not know she had extra arms

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Are they not doing bundles anymore?

KalTorak wrote: »
    Braids, Compleated Minion, maybe?

Hail Hydra
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Are they not doing bundles anymore?

They did as recently as Capenna. It's generally not something they promote though, as it's just a handful of Set Boosters, an oversized spindown, and a box.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    Lands and promo trash rare too. Basically a combo of Fatpacks and the Deckbuilder Toolkits of past sets.

Hail Hydra
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Braids, Compleated Minion, maybe?

In the timeline, she hasn't been seen in over 200 years. That was the big reason that it was only immortal or time-fucky characters that you saw in Dominaria, is enough time had passed that all the dudes from the old sets have died. Whatever the reason for her appearance, it's probably not related to Phyrexia.

liEt3nH.png
    Lands and promo trash rare too. Basically a combo of Fatpacks and the Deckbuilder Toolkits of past sets.

Right, the land packs are so worthless I forgot that they exist. Although sometimes the promo rare is nice.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Squad is a cool mechanic.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    I would have made the 'Nids Sultai instead of Temur. They're basically Phyrexians without the technological bits. Plus, I like the humor value of every faction in the 40K universe being at least partly Black. In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only Black.

Dominaria United kicking off a multi-set story arc sounds interesting. Each set in the Bolas arc was essentially a continuation of the last. Will these sets somehow be even more closely connected?

This discussion has been closed.