As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    There’s a dedicated Reddit for GW manuals, somehow, but GW support are usually pretty good about sending PDFs of assembly instructions.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    There’s a dedicated Reddit for GW manuals somehow but GW support are usually pretty good about sending offs of assembly instructions.

I checked reddit and unfortunately couldn't find any for this yet. Hopefully GW support will send the assembly instructions without much hassle. I feel like I might be able to figure out how everything goes together otherwise but would much rather have the instructions.

Gonna try to play some 600 point games of AoS on Saturday. Haven't played AoS at all so I'm hoping I enjoy it enough to want to paint my models for the path to glory we are doing.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Looks like I didn't throw out my set of instructions yet, but I can't upload images from my phone on here for some reason? I'll try and remember to message you with them when I'm back at a computer.

They are fairly simple builds though, each rat uses a straight set of numbered components and they're all on the easy to build pegs, but there were a couple of tricky connections if I remember correctly.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    Looks like I didn't throw out my set of instructions yet, but I can't upload images from my phone on here for some reason? I'll try and remember to message you with them when I'm back at a computer.

They are fairly simple builds though, each rat uses a straight set of numbered components and they're all on the easy to build pegs, but there were a couple of tricky connections if I remember correctly.

I'd appreciate that, thank you!

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Previews for books will be tonight, but whole DoK tome basically leaked. Still an A+ army, Bow Sneks double shooting meta remains with guest star 4+ rally and yeah it just looks super good. Witch aelf builds definitely better though if that was something you were looking forward to using.

I expect DoK to be a top meta army over the next two months or so.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    T-POSE FOR VICTORY.

Is there any particular reason they're not advertising the new 40k Avatar of Khaine for use in AoS? Wrong base size maybe?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    T-POSE FOR VICTORY.

Is there any particular reason they're not advertising the new 40k Avatar of Khaine for use in AoS? Wrong base size maybe?

Absolutely. The AoS one fits on a 40mm base iirc.

Also they aren’t technically the same god and the 40K avatar is covered in Eldar runes. Plus Khaine is actually totally dead in AoS anyway. Avatars are basically propaganda devised by Morathi.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Yeah, the 40k one is very obviously an Eldar model visually, seems like a missed opportunity not to produce a dual-purpose kit which can fit both ranges to me, would've provided the fairly small DoK with a nice centerpiece option, but oh well.

• Options
    GW are, for whatever reason, clearly trying to get away from dual-system kits. Or at least dual-setting ones. Even when they could totally do it and no one would bat an eye. The Votann, for example, are as far from the Kharadron aesthetic as is practical, so far. So at this time, only literal daemons are getting kits that can be used for both 40K and AoS. Why that is, is up for debate, but it certainly appears to be a decision that has been made rather than a coincidence.

• Options
    I suppose that's not particularly unusual really, as far as I know it's only ever really been demon models which crossed over between the games in any case. Not that that's stopping me picking one up for my DoK anyway, I'll do some custom rules or use it as an allied Eidolon, or something.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I suppose that's not particularly unusual really, as far as I know it's only ever really been demon models which crossed over between the games in any case. Not that that's stopping me picking one up for my DoK anyway, I'll do some custom rules or use it as an allied Eidolon, or something.

How are you going to fit that onto a 40mm base? New model is on an 80mm base these days.m

Edit: Book reviews confirm everything already known. Sneks got much better though, particularly Blood Sisters as their MWs are a 2+ and they happen immediately after they are finished fighting for first time in a phase.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    Eidolon, not Avatar, it'll fit fine on a 100mm base. I can magnetise it to a large oval base with some attendants for a 'cauldron' variant too.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    SO can someone explain to me where the hell I'm supposed to go to order the new 2022 Nighthaunt book? I can't find it anywhere even for pre-order but everything says In Stores Now

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    SO can someone explain to me where the hell I'm supposed to go to order the new 2022 Nighthaunt book? I can't find it anywhere even for pre-order but everything says In Stores Now

It's on pre order this week and comes out next Friday the 20th

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Brainleech wrote: »

yeah but where for pre-order?

Magic Pink on
  • Options

The usual games workshop or ebay right now? Local game stores are?

• Options

The GW website? You may have to wait depending on your time zone; the official preorder opening time is something like 10am in each TZ.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Played my first aos game with my Soulblight army, against Maggotkin

Ended up losing, largely because I overextended with my zombies and got too brash with Prince V, who got taken down by the Glottkin. It was a fun intro to the game, though! A suuuper drawn out slog though, since soulblight has so many ways to heal and bring models back and Maggotkin are so resilient

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Played two 600 point games against my friends Slaves to Darkness list with my Skaven and lost both.

First list was Grey seer on screaming bell, 20 clanrats with knives, 20 clanrats with spears, and 5 skryre acolytes.

It was a bloodbath and I got wiped out.

Second game I ran an arch warlock, 3 stormfiends, and 5 skryre acolytes. Went better but I still got wiped out.

I think I'm gonna focus skryre for my path to glory and just play for the end game. Not really gonna win at all early on.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    What's up with Endless Spells these days?
    Are generic endless spells still a thing? It seems like they're not sold by GW any more

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    KetBra wrote: »
    Played my first aos game with my Soulblight army, against Maggotkin

Ended up losing, largely because I overextended with my zombies and got too brash with Prince V, who got taken down by the Glottkin. It was a fun intro to the game, though! A suuuper drawn out slog though, since soulblight has so many ways to heal and bring models back and Maggotkin are so resilient

I was gonna say, Soulblight vs Nurgle sounds like a proper grind-fest! The Glottkin are a very strong piece in the new book, hefty points tag but I think people are sleeping on them a bit still, that command ability is so good!
    Dayspring wrote: »
    What's up with Endless Spells these days?
    Are generic endless spells still a thing? It seems like they're not sold by GW any more

They're still available on the UK webstore at least (Under Malign Sorcery and Forbidden Power for the two faction-agnostic endless spell sets), though if I remember correctly the endless spell production was being down out of house in China? So it would not surprise me to see them slowly being phased out unless that production issue can be sorted.

Lore-wise I think endless spells were at least partly a product of Nagash's Necroquake, which has since been resolved through the events of Broken Realms, and now we're kinda seeing the realm incarnates showing up in their place instead.

• Options
    Oh yeah, I see them now. Thanks!
    Are they common in lists? What are some useful ones, if i were to grab some individual spells?

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah, I see them now. Thanks!
    Are they common in lists? What are some useful ones, if i were to grab some individual spells?

Chronomantic Cogs and the Life Swarm were really solid.

• Options
    Yeah, cogs and life swarm are probably the most commonly seen options. A lot of the predatory/damage dealing spells are kind of overcosted compared to the ones that only have utility effects, even though the latter are generally more valuable.

For other options I do quite like Geminids still, Soulsnare Shackles are powerful but very tricky to use without getting in your own way, and the Spellportals sometimes show up in very magic-heavy lists, I'd say that those five are the main ones that are worth looking at as far as non-faction spells go.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Yeah, that looks like a really cool warband

• Options
    Looks like it is true that Warcry will be diversifying warbands out to not just be chaos related.

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Looks like it is true that Warcry will be diversifying warbands out to not just be chaos related.

The newsletter says they're Maggotkin: "Nurgle's servants wade into the Realm of Beasts in the next big Warcry expansion. Get a first look at these marsh-dwelling marauders."

• Options
    So I was able to get the Bonereapers Xmas deal for really cheap
    But as I said earlier if I got it would sit waiting to see if they get archers or such. My brother seeing I got that force which he was interested in and then losing interest because they are allied with Nagash said is it a house army?

I know the only thing stopping me from getting Warcry is being heavy into Chaos. I know if I get Tome of Champions I can play with DoK or him with the Realm lords But still other than the terrain it doesn't seem be what i would play?

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Until now Warcry has been set in the Bloodwind Spoil outside the Varanspire, then the Catacombs underneath, then the Mines below that.

Though at the same time you could always buy the expansion terrain sets to be set inside a Stormvault etc.

Warcry has always been more about narrative than matched play, and the quests and paths to glory in all the books are very easy to translate into any settings.

Essentially think about how 40K is set in Nachmund or Vigilus or Charadon. Its just the setting and really shouldnt be considered limiting.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options

The newsletter says they're Maggotkin: "Nurgle's servants wade into the Realm of Beasts in the next big Warcry expansion. Get a first look at these marsh-dwelling marauders."

Yeah it does look that way.

Weird if they're a chaos warband they aren't in the Slaves 2 Darkness book.

• Options
    If they're nurgle maybe they'll be in the nurgle specific tome?

• Options
    Speaking of Warcry, why can't goblins take trolls?
    Skaven can take rat ogres and storm fiends, beasts can take dragon ogres and minotaurs.
    Why no goblin/troll combo love?

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Speaking of Warcry, why can't goblins take trolls?
    Skaven can take rat ogres and storm fiends, beasts can take dragon ogres and minotaurs.
    Why no goblin/troll combo love?

Trolls might be big enough to be considered monsters, instead of troop/hero/leader/champion.

Similar to the Mindstealer Spharanx or Ogroid Myrmidon or Femroid Crusher

Though there is the option of using the Tome of Champions 2021 to add Mollog from Underworld

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Weird if they're a chaos warband they aren't in the Slaves 2 Darkness book.

As Dayspring said, I assume they'll get rules for Maggotkin instead of StD.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Femroid Crusher

I wish I could draw an example, because 'femroid crusher' conjures a very different mental image than 'fomoroid crusher'.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Femroid Crusher

I wish I could draw an example, because 'femroid crusher' conjures a very different mental image than 'fomoroid crusher'.

Snu-snu?

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Femroid Crusher

Snu-snu?
    More like “medical condition”

This discussion has been closed.