As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] God Roll Guns and Flawless Runs; Tons of Fun in the Light of the Sun

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Am I having a senior moment or is this email saying that I've been playing nothing but titan instead of hunter

54cldfx9y5go.jpeg

I assume the mixup is just for the graphic but it would be très lol if the actual thing was screwing up classes.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I think it’s saying you’ve played nothing but warlock.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Well that tells you how much attention I pay to my warlock and titan characters.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    They said that was an ooopsie they should be fixed now

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Bungie is just honestly just too slow with content.

I've played WoW for like 17 years. Compared to modern Blizzard, Bungie is cramming new content down our throats. I know they're not perfect, but the regular content schedule and the weekly TWAB developer communication updates are some of the main draws of this game for me.

milk ducks on
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Am I having a senior moment or is this email saying that I've been playing nothing but titan instead of hunter

[screenshot]

I assume the mixup is just for the graphic but it would be très lol if the actual thing was screwing up classes.

Guardian Games is a total joke and the final numbers are run through the same machine they use to balance Telesto.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Yeah, okay, they really need to implement loadouts. I love the buildcraft aspect of the game but juggling my inventory ain't fun.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Yeah, okay, they really need to implement loadouts. I love the buildcraft aspect of the game but juggling my inventory ain't fun.

DIM has them. So do some other 3rd party apps I think.

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Mid tree dawn blade is still the most fun 6s pvp subclass

Just non stop rifts and heal balls

I need to get the new chest that gives you devour on rift. Does it work with non void subclasses?

616610-1.png
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Dac wrote: »

I use Destiny Item Manager for loadouts and pretty much everything else.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »

I need to get the new chest that gives you devour on rift. Does it work with non void subclasses?

Nope, it has to be void.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

Just a heads up it's a leg piece, not a chest piece

Lol it’s leg it doesn’t work on solar.., I’ve never been more ignorant about anything in my life! People always talk about being careful what you put on the internet cause you’ll have to live with that shame forever and now I get it

616610-1.png
    It's still very good, as the other thing it does it's make any weapon used while in your rift count as having overload rounds. Which doesn't just fuck to overloads, but will apply the overload disruption effect to anything.

It also as a hidden effect increases your devour timer by about 7 seconds. With the right fragment you can have 25 seconds of devour which is pretty great

I really need to play with them more, I have a hard time giving up my beloved Contraverse Holds

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Hopefully we get the subclass rework info dropping next TWAB. My bet is on solar

New map is large and made to showcase rift…does that mean it’s going to suck for non-rift gameplay? Guess we’ll see

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
    People always talk about being careful what you put on the internet cause you’ll have to live with that shame forever and now I get it

If it makes you feel any better, I once told people that Fiona Apple was "the future of music".

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    solar is the smart bet for the next one whenever it happens

arc is a fucking hot mess for all 3 classes, it needs so much more work than the solar kits do. across all the specs there's like, one that's viable in pve and it's only because thundercrash + curiass is the highest burst dps in the game.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    They've already been teasing the arc update though (the arc javelin grants blink jump)

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    New map is large and made to showcase rift…does that mean it’s going to suck for non-rift gameplay? Guess we’ll see
    100%

But at least it's new.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    They've already been teasing the arc update though (the arc javelin grants blink jump)

That was less teasing and more explicitly something they were testing.

I'm leaning towards it being solar, for a few reasons:

One, Arc needs the most times in the oven to bake. They'll need time to collate feedback on the arc spears blink and similar.

Two, Well is a problem. A big solar rework is the perfect time to adjust Well so it's no longer the must have raid super (which in turn opens up encounter design).

Three: Solar already has some clear mechanical identities that can be keyworded and built around

edited May 2022
    edited May 2022
    Bungie had this in their notes about the airborne accuracy changes, implying some Solar rework changes.
    Submission, Icarus Grip, Stompees, Tempered Metal active:
    27 + 15 - 50 + 20 = 12 Airborne Effectiveness
    Tempered Metal is a solar titan passive and Stompees are a hunter exotic. So odds are Tempered Metal will be a solar fragment now.

Arteen on
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    If the spear is a test of arc abilities, it’s too close to the release of next season for the data to be incorped into it.

My vote is on Solar next.

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    i had the raid exotic drop the other night.

i like to think that i’m a moderately intelligent primate, but i’ve read the description four times and i’m still not 100% sure how it’s supposed to work

awsimo wrote: »

i like to think that i’m a moderately intelligent primate, but i’ve read the description four times and i’m still not 100% sure how it’s supposed to work

When you shoot an enemy under the effect of one of the three void debuffs - weaken, volatile and surpressed, it sucks that debuff (or debuffs) off them and stores them in the gun.

Once you have at least one debuff loaded you can hold your reload key to trigger a special reload, empowering the gun. Now it's shots will apply every loaded debuff - which means you can potentially hammer things with suppressive, weakening volatile shots.

It's quite fussy to use, but the power is there if you're willing to play into it

ronzo wrote: »
    If the spear is a test of arc abilities, it’s too close to the release of next season for the data to be incorped into it.

My vote is on Solar next.

They haven't been testing anything solar yet, so my bet is arc because they already gave us a taste of what's to come and laid some groundwork for what to expect and have said that was the intent of it. I'd prefer the solar update first because golden gun has needed love for a long ass time but I'm happy with whatever happens. It's just fun to speculate

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    When you shoot an enemy under the effect of one of the three void debuffs - weaken, volatile and surpressed, it sucks that debuff (or debuffs) off them and stores them in the gun.

Once you have at least one debuff loaded you can hold your reload key to trigger a special reload, empowering the gun. Now it's shots will apply every loaded debuff - which means you can potentially hammer things with suppressive, weakening volatile shots.

It's quite fussy to use, but the power is there if you're willing to play into it

One of the main issues with the gun, imo, is that even after you leech a debuff, you can't immediately empower the gun. You need to hit a debuffed target three times (three separate bursts) before the gun can be empowered.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »

You have to shoot 3 bursts into a debuffed enemy to get "Void Leech Ready" or whatever it is that lets you switch firing modes. Those bursts don't need to be on the same enemy/debuff. You could shoot one burst into a Weakened enemy, one burst into a Suppressed enemy, and one burst into a Volatile enemy, and now you are primed with all three.

But it means priming with grenades on redbars doesn't work well cause they die. So it can take some setup.

It works best with multiple people running it so you can leech each other's debuffs indefinitely.

It is neat, but most PVE difficulties it won't be necessaru. But explode bullets are fun either way.

@Elki Next week is double rep for Crucible, Gambit and Vanguard!

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Elki Next week is double rep for Crucible, Gambit and Vanguard!

Nice, gonna finally get those shogun skins.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i wish we had more than one week of doubled nightfall rewards. it was the one week i was away this season :/

never had a chance at an adept neuroma either

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Solar 3.0 would a lot of of fun because it’s the biggest support subclass so far. Like I absolutely love playing mid tree dawn in 6s. I have boots of the assembler going and it’s great. Feels like overwatch where I’m tossing a heal/overshield nade out in front of a teammate who is about to round a corner ahead of us.

Empowering rift with the boots could be a lot of fun to build a 3 stack around. But then again I’m betting some of that fun will be removed with the balance changes next season stopping ohk buffs

616610-1.png
  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    So...uh...did anyone else read LL is disabled in IB going forward and think "Out comes my Luna's and Chappy combo..." or was it just me?

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Luna’s not so great with the revisit to a 140.

Hopefully not too many revokers come out to play though :/

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    You could have used all this any time in the past 2 years or whatever in Control. No one has. It'll be fine imo.

Yeah revoker an MAYBE mountain top could make a come back

I was surprised not to see many revokers in the glory playlist so I dunno if we’ll see that many in IB

616610-1.png
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Revoker makes sense because the ammo economy is changing (icebreaker 2.0 and all), NF might see some play because it still slaps, I'm not convinced we'll see any other weapons from days gone by.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I never used MT after the nerf when it got sunset, but unless it’s horrendous I’d assume that’s coming back too.

Also, I’m pretty happy I’ve kept ahold of some subset pvp favs, like bygones, hammerhead, breachlight, Duke, and I actually have a wardens law with rampage, with I think can technically still 2-tap after a kill.

YBFwbJBh.jpg

With Gumshoe and Disciple-Slayer completed, and Unbroken earlier this season, I now have every seal in the game!

* Not counting the duplicate Conqueror/Flawless seals prior to gilding, which I only got once each

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    With Gumshoe and Disciple-Slayer completed, and Unbroken

One of these things is not like the other...

Congrats though.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish