As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Making a wishlist, checking it twice

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Hammerfell is more likely for lore reasons anyways isn't it? If we're going to continue with the knocking out Towers, then Adamantine is one of the few remaining.

Did Skyrim knock out a tower? I must have missed that somewhere.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Thawmus wrote: »
    People are expecting them to make another ES game?

I gave up on such hopes a long time ago.

You do not stop milking the cash cow until it moos its last moo. And that cow has a lot of moo to go.

There is zero chance they're not working on TES6 (Hammerfell).

I'm expecting Elsweyr.

coincidentally where we should be placing hopes of this releasing any time soon

5gsowHm.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    People are expecting them to make another ES game?

I gave up on such hopes a long time ago.

You do not stop milking the cash cow until it moos its last moo. And that cow has a lot of moo to go.

There is zero chance they're not working on TES6 (Hammerfell).

I'm expecting Elsweyr.

coincidentally where we should be placing hopes of this releasing any time soon

Elswheyn.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Change of plans, decided to do a cowboy ghoul/wild west inspired Fallout 4 run instead.

And because I hate myself, I added Cazadors to my game.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/57161?tab=description

https://youtu.be/nGgjATSt0vk

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Heyyyyyy my 512GB Deck order was finalized today

Now the wait gets really hard.

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    5utl64j41pba.jpg

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Hammerfell is more likely for lore reasons anyways isn't it? If we're going to continue with the knocking out Towers, then Adamantine is one of the few remaining.

The Snow Tower. They don't explain exactly what that is, but fan theory holds it to be either the Time Wound above High Hrothgar or the mountain itself. I don't think we're the ones that deactivated it though.

• rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Hotfix update for Deck, adding non-steam game performance profiles (which work beautifully!) among other things:
    • Fixed per-app performance profiles for non-Steam shortcuts
    • Fixed TDP limit slider temporarily displaying an incorrect value
    • Fixed demos and free games failing to install from the Steam Store
    • Fixed keys with AltGr functionality not being capitalized properly
    • Added rumble / haptics toggles back to the Quick Access menu
    • Updated localization

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Expect probably about a week

steam_sig.png
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

I got that joke!

Wait, you were joking right?

Deck.

Hard.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    AAAA Episode 16: The Tournament

We clean up the remaining contracts on Fagerholm, and set out to Cluff's Stand. We decide to join a local tournament. In the initial round, all the contestants are given Urbanmechs, and our initial objective is to eliminate a couple of brothers.
    ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

As the tournament went on, Alexa "Jackhammer" Jones decides to crash the tournament, wanting to avenge her father's death at the hands of the tournament's host.

We finally come face to face with Limpet Sato, and his Urbanmech falls easily as he rushes us by his lonesome.

Jake is the enraged at the sight of his fallen brother, and tries to snipe us from atop a building. He also doesn't last long as he too, faces our lance by himself.

Meanwhile, someone appears to have eliminated Jackhammer.

We are now tasked with eliminating these unannounced competitors. Basilisk Jackson also tries to fight us by his lonesome.

And as is the theme of this tournament so far, the last competitor also faces us by his lonesome.

In between rounds, Jackhammer manages to contact us. Apparantly, she was just pretending to be here to avenge her father's death, when she is in fact, an agent of House Davion, and is looking to take down our pirate host.

She presents us with a choice, to accept her offer, or play out the tournament under host Horvat's rules.

We accept Jackhammer's offer, and enter the tournament in our own mechs.

We wipe the floor with the other contestants.

Horvat decides to punish us by dropping in with his own lance.

His Blackjack does not stand a chance.

His toadie gets utterly destroyed.

An Urbanmech enters visual range, and is quickly obliterated.

The last hostile finally shows up, it's a Centurion.

He gets torn apart in short order.

We score a couple of Gyros for this flashpoint.

Talus9952 on
    steam_sig.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

The Snow Tower. They don't explain exactly what that is, but fan theory holds it to be either the Time Wound above High Hrothgar or the mountain itself. I don't think we're the ones that deactivated it though.

The physical Tower is definitely the Throat of the World. The metaphysical heart is unclear, but the time wound is a good guess. And unfortunately we kind of uh... fixed that in the process of killing Alduin.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

The physical Tower is definitely the Throat of the World. The metaphysical heart is unclear, but the time wound is a good guess. And unfortunately we kind of uh... fixed that in the process of killing Alduin.

You mean someone exists that actually bothered to finish the Skyrim main quest?

That seems hard to believe.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    The thread title brought a smile to my face at work.

Unfortunately it was a really long day. I'll try to post pics when I can.
    9eutkyq2lu1n.jpg

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

9eutkyq2lu1n.jpg

I'm sorry but there's no dog in that picture. It must be carefully hiding behind that tree.

steam_sig.png
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Tunic is pretty good, but man, I stopped a couple days ago and that was a bad idea because I stopped in the inevitable Blightown Equivalent in every souls-inspired game and it's very hard to muster the will to start back up.

Seriously, whoever thought up
    an area filled with rocks that have a constant miasma effect that instead of doing damage reduces your maximum HP constantly and also causes a radiation that fucks with your UI until you can't hear anything and only see things through a blur, AND then filled said area with snipers and grenade throwers that attack at range and run away at the exact same speed your character runs at when you try to get close, AND then put like two bonfires in the entire area,
    is a serious dickhead.

Btw I'm in the same area.
    Tip:
    there is an item in the area that counteracts the rocks
    Scavengers Mask card
    Takes a while to get to it.
    The enemies are still frustrating, buta good home cross can bust them up

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    Tunic was fun, but the list of stuff I would just straight up cut out of that game to make it more fun is longer than my arm. Dark souls combat: YEET, the miasma area: YOIK, most of the phases of the boss battles: WHEEEE

steam_sig.png
  • Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    I’m not even a fan of dark souls combat so much in From Software games anymore… I mean sure for the actual souls games in the series - dark souls 1 and 2 were certainly revolutionary for their time and DS 3 was a neat callback…. But after Bloodborne and Sekiro honestly the souls style combat in Elden Ring felt like a step backwards.

I’d much rather devs looking for something to copy/pay homage to look at Sekiro combat, or God of War combat, or even Bloodborne combat.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

I have done all of one Skyrim playthrough, and on it I got every achievement, and took 488 hours to do positively everything in the game, including finishing the main quest (after I was virtually a god because of having done all of that content).

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

9eutkyq2lu1n.jpg

Such a cutie!!!

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

I have done all of one Skyrim playthrough, and on it I got every achievement, and took 488 hours to do positively everything in the game, including finishing the main quest (after I was virtually a god because of having done all of that content).

Yeah Skyrim is probably the only ES game where I did the main quest. It was pretty interesting and I wanted to do it right away!

Unlike getting involved in the war between the racists and the reluctant stormtroopers.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Yeah Skyrim is probably the only ES game where I did the main quest. It was pretty interesting and I wanted to do it right away!

Unlike getting involved in the war between the racists and the reluctant stormtroopers.

I believe I picked which side to side with in that war depending on when and how easy it was going to be to get each house in each city. And also if there was a price difference for each house. I remember I went with the Nords.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Skyrim has a main quest?

I uh... I may have spent 800 hours modding the game and very little actually doing anything...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    edited May 2022
    Theres no mods to overhaul the Fallout 4 soundtrack into a wild west version?

Oh come on.

Might have to do this myself then. I actually replaced a ton of Skyrim music with castlevania stuff, don't remember it being too hard.

Dr. Chaos on
  • SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Skyrim has a main quest?

I uh... I may have spent 800 hours modding the game and very little actually doing anything...

Sounds like my Fallout 4 experience… 1200+ hours, 90% of which is dicking around with settlements.

5gsowHm.png
    edited May 2022
    Update on some of the mods I'm using for my FO4 cowboy ghoul run:

Revolver fanfiring (essential)

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17319

Wild West VATS

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17938/

One handed revolvers (doesn't work outside of the fancy equip and holster animations for some reason)

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20377

Anyone familiar with Cyberpunk 2077 knows it has the greatest feeling video game pistols of all time in Johnny Silverhand's gun. This adds its animation and sfx to one of the weakest guns in the game.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/60302

Fallout 3 HUD because I miss the chunkiness of it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/52549?tab=images

Debating whether to use the Desperados Overhaul to basically turn Boston into the mojave. Not sure if that might be a step too far, usually try to keep a fine balance between funsies and lore friendly.

Dr. Chaos on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Skyrim has a main quest?

How many hundreds of those hours was fiddling with the character creator?

steam_sig.png
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Starfield delayed to 2023.

*Darth Vader Noooooo . jpg*

I can't get excited about Starfield because I don't even know the goal is supposed to be. Are you fighting Space Aliens? Space Pirates? Space Berserk Robots?

youre going to fight space bugs and interdimensional jank

Spoit wrote: »
    Skyrim has a main quest?

How many hundreds of those hours was fiddling with the character creator?
    And atleast 200 hours setting up mods if they're anything like me.

Its weird but I think thats one of my favorite parts of the whole experience. Not just playing it but getting it ready, browsing the nexus for inspiration.

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I.... have never used a mod for an Elder Scrolls nor Fallout game before despite playing them all on PC

*dodges tomatoes*

edited May 2022
    Zavian wrote: »
    I.... have never used a mod for an Elder Scrolls nor Fallout game before despite playing them all on PC

*dodges tomatoes*
    Theres so much you're missing out on.

Any feature or thing you could ever want, someone has probably made a mod for it.

Dr. Chaos on
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

*dodges tomatoes*
    Theres so much you're missing out on.

Any feature or thing you could ever want, someone has probably made a mod for it.

I also do this for Paradox games despite there being TONS of cool mods out there, like Game of Thrones for Crusader Kings or Star Trek/Star Wars/40K for Stellaris

I just never got into using mods and stuff, I tell myself it's cause I don't want to disable achievements but really its cause Im lazy

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I don't think using mods disables achievements.

To be fair, I don't pay any attention to achievements, but I do know that I've been getting Elden Ring cheevos just fine despite having that modded up...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?

To be fair, I don't pay any attention to achievements, but I do know that I've been getting Elden Ring cheevos just fine despite having that modded up...

Paradox games used to always disable but I think recently they've become a lot more lenient with them

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

fallout 4 does. there is a mod to fix that though which is very funny to me.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular

Paradox games used to always disable but I think recently they've become a lot more lenient with them

Paradox still has their achievements hardwired to ironman mode with no gameplay altering mods. You can do UI stuff, but anything that has a gameplay impact will turn them off.

steam_sig.png
  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Eh I mostly stick to bugfixes and graphics enhancements in Oblivion and Skyrim. I'm mostly there to themepark the quests, not get too into the weeds of the various broken systems. So something like Enderal that is a whole new world of content is more my speed.

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    I only did the lewd mods, couldn't be bothered with anything else.

edited May 2022
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    For those looking for them, Steam Deck audio drivers for Windows are out.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
This discussion has been closed.