As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

One Year In, We are Still Playing [Genshin Impact]

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Chasm is big, yo.

steam_sig.png
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    So I'm sitting at AR50 blocked by the ascension quest that says I should be level 90 to take it on, how hard of a requirement is that? Right now my main party is Klee (80), Fischl (70), Bennett (70), and Venti (79), and bumping even just Klee and Venti with my current resources just feels like a herculean task. That said, I don't want to stare at level 50 until the end of time either. Is the quest realistically doable with my current party?

should be trivial i did it with starters mostly at 70

Yeah, honestly level is a pretty bad gauge of power beyond level 70. There aren't that many characters who are ever worth leveling beyond 80, and even that is probably a lower priority compared to weapons, talents, and artifacts.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    because wiki doesnt have numbers for anemo trav palm vortex elemental absorption here u go

roughly 55% of tick damage (but not first tick, so this only happens once on initial cutting and 4x on max cutting) is added as ele damage if absorbed, and precisely 25% of final hit, making final atk ratio at max rank roughly 800% instead of 600% if u absorb

also i set my gear up so that fraction ended in 69

unknown.png

perfect play
    So I'm sitting at AR50 blocked by the ascension quest that says I should be level 90 to take it on, how hard of a requirement is that? Right now my main party is Klee (80), Fischl (70), Bennett (70), and Venti (79), and bumping even just Klee and Venti with my current resources just feels like a herculean task. That said, I don't want to stare at level 50 until the end of time either. Is the quest realistically doable with my current party?

Yeah, honestly level is a pretty bad gauge of power beyond level 70. There aren't that many characters who are ever worth leveling beyond 80, and even that is probably a lower priority compared to weapons, talents, and artifacts.

this is false all starters are worth levelling to 90 and crowning

soon i shall have nonuple crowned my traveller as befits a queen etc

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    because wiki doesnt have numbers for anemo trav palm vortex elemental absorption here u go

roughly 55% of tick damage (but not first tick, so this only happens once on initial cutting and 4x on max cutting) is added as ele damage if absorbed, and precisely 25% of final hit, making final atk ratio at max rank roughly 800% instead of 600% if u absorb

also i set my gear up so that fraction ended in 69

unknown.png

perfect play

this is false all starters are worth levelling to 90 and crowning

soon i shall have nonuple crowned my traveller as befits a queen etc

Kaeya still sits at level 20 because he's a nerd. I won't even level him up for the wishes.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    oh i forgot about him mine is level 20 but hes unplayable (man)

also just to satisfy my curiosity i killed a level 90 stonehide lawachurl and checked the xp. 58 (and 600 mora of course)

to get from level 89 to 90 requires 547,000 XP. 9431 stonehide lawachurls.

but.. a level 84 hilichurl is 19 and a level 90 one is 20

and a shield mitachurl gives the same xp as a lawachurl. so it looks just like all elite enemies give 3x a normal enemy, and xp is just their level /4.5...

but

a kairigi - the lightning samurai dudes- gives u the same as a fuckin hilichurl?? 19! disgraceful and only 74 mora. hilichurls are cooler

u get the same mora and xp for killing a hilichurl as a fatui goon which is insane

well now i know i guess

mora seems to be similarly weighted with lil dudes getting 40 and bigger lil dudes gettin 80 then 200/600 for elites and big elites

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    Pictured in spoiler: Nearly all of my resin for the last month and a half, including all the fragile resin I had saved up and got during that period. I'm finally free of this domain. Of course, I said on the day that I started that the domain was not worth farming, so I am only blaming myself for this. Still, I'm certainly satisfied now that it's done. And as I said at the time, how could I resist farming a domain that Beidou is extremely effective at clearing?
    IHWIn5w.png
    Some very good artifacts, but please consider the amount of time and resin that was put into this before saying that this was extremely lucky. I'll definitely agree that getting solid on-element goblets for both sets was certainly something, but the tradeoff is that I never once got a half reasonable +Attack% sands of either set. That wound up having to be the off-set piece for Ayato, and I decided I'd just use an ER sands for Xiao instead. Not technically "optimal", but I have a long history of using way more ER than guides and youtube videos say that I need, so I don't really mind. And not much ER rolled on his other pieces anyway.

edited May 2022
    artifact grinding is soul destroying

wish they made them like something other than the same fights over and over and over

i realised a few days ago that i have only 2 usable glad pieces. 2

after however long playing this game. no more than 2 off stat flower, only 1 %atk hourglass and it has 3 defensive stats and the only crit dmg circlet i have is purple and has hp and def on it

its a scam i tell u

tho i levelled this recently and it had hp from the beginning and it never hit hp again

7q3zp1tdbqj0.png

after a lot of grinding of the thunder domain i ended up with 2 usable pieces for my planned hybrid crit / em hybrid lisa build and both... were flowers...

uhtih28vrxpo.png

maybe its a cosmic joke about her skill being named violet

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Speaking of artifact farming, I recently started trying to do Hidden Palace of Zhou to farm artifacts for Klee and am just getting absolutely destroyed (presumably because of "When Overloaded is triggered, you will be hit by a powerful blast, causing your character to take DMG"). Is there an elemental comp people recommend for this place? Brief googling didn't mention avoiding fire characters but Klee just seems to be bad bad news for me in there. My last run was Klee - Kaeya - Diona - Barbara which I just barely got through while using lots of health items.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
    Speaking of artifact farming, I recently started trying to do Hidden Palace of Zhou to farm artifacts for Klee and am just getting absolutely destroyed (presumably because of "When Overloaded is triggered, you will be hit by a powerful blast, causing your character to take DMG"). Is there an elemental comp people recommend for this place? Brief googling didn't mention avoiding fire characters but Klee just seems to be bad bad news for me in there. My last run was Klee - Kaeya - Diona - Barbara which I just barely got through while using lots of health items.

Everything in there is pyro attuned so just keep away from electro damage. Klee is doing you no favors because four of the six opponents are immune to fire damage. I tend to ignore the leyline bonus and just focus on damage, so bringing a good hydro character to really kill the abyss mage shields quickly is important, but otherwise bring your best non-electro or pyro DPS.

edited May 2022
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Everything in there is pyro attuned so just keep away from electro damage. Klee is doing you no favors because four of the six opponents are immune to fire damage. I tend to ignore the leyline bonus and just focus on damage, so bringing a good hydro character to really kill the abyss mage shields quickly is important, but otherwise bring your best non-electro or pyro DPS.

Eh? Everything I see in there has a lightning charge so I'm just proccing overload constantly. Doing damage with Klee isn't the issue so much as the massive amount of damage I seem to be taking.

Unfortunately my two main DPS are Klee and Razor. I could finish boosting Tartaglia and learn to play him, that would probably help.

Edit: I see, it looks like on level 4 it's fire immune dudes, I've been focused on level 3 because of my character levels.

Grundlestiltskin on
    edited May 2022
    if u have a vaguely decent noelle she rolls it, but kaeya diona barbara razor would be fine because he should be doing decent enough phys and u get superconduct, double healer and shields + kaeya burst and u got double cryo for the crit bonus

in general if u build a decent noelle she absolutely facerolls every single domain without single thought required because she 1) never dies 2) heals everybody 3) gets endless duration on her burst because shes killing things non-stop 4) basically nothing is geo immune

EDIT: also amber but that goes without sayin u no how it be

for a lot of domains also worth noting that shields provide 100% interruption resistance as long as they hold - this is another reason noelle is quite handy, but also worth noting that often what happens is you just kind of get staggered and interrupted in domains with many enemies, so just having a character who is keeping shields up will often make things way easier

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    edited May 2022
    Edit: I see, it looks like on level 4 it's fire immune dudes, I've been focused on level 3 because of my character levels.

While I understand this, 5* artifacts are guaranteed to drop at level 4 (or at least two if you're using condensed resin), so it's a huge spike in how efficient artifact domains are for giving you some decent stuff. Moreso than any other type of domain. I strongly recommend toughing it out if at all possible. Admittedly that particular domain's level 4 is kind of annoying in that it's hard to clear it quickly, but it shouldn't be too difficult as long as you're careful about the slime and the mage that makes those stalking fireballs.

EDIT: If you just haven't unlocked that one yet though, fair enough. If you're close, you can always just put it off for now. I didn't really do much artifact domains until I was able to do the highest leveled ones.

AshtonDragon on
    i think u should do artifact domains as soon as u get them why put off all that disappointment to later when u could be mainlining it right now

obF2Wuw.png
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    So, uh, are we not getting another Battle Pass until 2.7 hits? Because if not, then the weak compensation just got a lot worse.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    So, uh, are we not getting another Battle Pass until 2.7 hits? Because if not, then the weak compensation just got a lot worse.

BPs always reset with the patch so nope, no new BP.

doesnt the gem value equivalent of a battlepass equal like $150 in crystals, so all u gotta do is drop the big dollar and spend the crystals slowly over the next few weeks and keep a printed out bp above ur wall and cross off dailies

the true battlepass was inside us all along

obF2Wuw.png
    i think u should do artifact domains as soon as u get them why put off all that disappointment to later when u could be mainlining it right now

It's because of the comparison to other things. Talent domains, weapon domains, leylines, and world bosses only get marginally better for each boost in world level, but the spike in effectiveness of artifact domains at AR45 is huge. Waiting until then to go deep on artifacts will reduce the overall grinding that you need to do way moreso than anything else.

Of course, it's just a recommendation based on maths. I also don't recommend running the newest artifact domain at all for any reason, and yet I spent the last month and a half doing that.

ye i know i was being facetious about habituating oneself to the emotional drain early lol

obF2Wuw.png
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcpP00lh7T8

I don't know if it still works, but if you run to the corner right after starting the fight, only one pyro slime will attack you, and you can mostly do the whole gauntlet 1 on 1. For the pyro mages use Barbara to destroy their shields in like 3-4 hits. Doesn't matter what her level is, though higher is better just for survivability.

I also had the same sort of problem where Klee was the first character I was majorly building up, and you just can't use her in the domain designed to gear her up. So it's possible to end up in the endless loop of "I need X element for this, I'll go farm that set... and I need Y element for that, so I'll go farm that... and I need Z element for that...". If you got a decent sword/claymore character, build them up first and use whatever gladiator pieces you might have lying around. and use them to break into the loop somewhere. Also, just don't be afraid to do coop to get some easy clears.

It gets easier. At some point your artifact sets hit a point and these ridiculous fights become cakewalks. Just don't forget about your other avenues of gaining power, mainly weapons and talents.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcpP00lh7T8

I don't know if it still works, but if you run to the corner right after starting the fight, only one pyro slime will attack you, and you can mostly do the whole gauntlet 1 on 1. For the pyro mages use Barbara to destroy their shields in like 3-4 hits. Doesn't matter what her level is, though higher is better just for survivability.

I also had the same sort of problem where Klee was the first character I was majorly building up, and you just can't use her in the domain designed to gear her up. So it's possible to end up in the endless loop of "I need X element for this, I'll go farm that set... and I need Y element for that, so I'll go farm that... and I need Z element for that...". If you got a decent sword/claymore character, build them up first and use whatever gladiator pieces you might have lying around. and use them to break into the loop somewhere. Also, just don't be afraid to do coop to get some easy clears.

It gets easier. At some point your artifact sets hit a point and these ridiculous fights become cakewalks. Just don't forget about your other avenues of gaining power, mainly weapons and talents.

It's the same way with ascension mat fights, though those can be a little bit easier.

I spent almost no time in artifact domains pre-AR 45 and leaned heavily into acceptable gladiator/wanderer stat sticks and an evenly distributed leveled team to break my way into the elemental artifacts. Pretty much my only detours were purple sets for special circumstances, though these days that'd mostly be covered by the Slumbering Court for the healers and geo DEF-scalers.

• ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    Hoyoverse has a new game in the pipe. It looks interesting, but I don't think I have room for two gacha games in my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUzbqNeiDGM

jet set radio cyberpunk genshin could be fun especially if they evolve the combat model a bit

obF2Wuw.png
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Kinda sucks for them to release a game in 2022 with the letter Z so prominent.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    That looks slick as hell.

• MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    That looks slick as hell.

My only worry is that the combat is like in HI3 - looks really pretty but is a total pain in the ass to play, very spammy. Genshin does have a lot better combat so maybe they've learned a thing or two. Is this coming out before or after the other new game they are working on, Honkai: Star Rail?

edited May 2022
    big problem for genshin is that good characters are mostly degenerate and just board wipe with buttons rather than like... playing the game

hope they think that is a problem worth thinking about

its partly i suspect why they ended up with so many bullshit shield enemies like lectors, because they effectively ignore dps in favour of specific reaction types, while also destroying literally the rest of the gameplay in a completely boring way

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    big problem for genshin is that good characters are mostly degenerate and just board wipe with buttons rather than like... playing the game

hope they think that is a problem worth thinking about

its partly i suspect why they ended up with so many bullshit shield enemies like lectors, because they effectively ignore dps in favour of specific reaction types, while also destroying literally the rest of the gameplay in a completely boring way

Yeah, most of the serious carries in Genshin can kill anything not specifically advantaged against them, often before finishing their entire rotation.

Stuff like the Thunder Manifestation and Pyro Hypostasis are better attempts to tweak that than shields everywhere / superheavy enemies, but the Genshin team is not light-handed about this stuff.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited May 2022
    in general their approach with 5*s has been to so inflate the numbers that it makes their life hard

ayaka burst even without her c2 is what, 5000% atk? she can be off-field? and they have to deal with the mistake of, well, bennett...

what's interesting is that they have some quite well done systems for things like monster poise so if you know the values you can do some cool juggles or interruptions with specific moves/characters - eg ccing rift wolves with jean charged attack or overloads or whatever - but the game strongly incentivises you not to bother.

i would love if they also made it so on pc there was some client simulation so you werent subject to latency in a single player game - i know they probably made the client super thin to make it more secure, but still... small ping fluctuations making things like quickswapping feel bad or memorised button sequences fail because theres more delay than u expected is really frustrating

EDIT: i might be wrong but i think the mobile version has some client sim? it certainly didn't feel as bad to be on 100ms when i tried on ipad. of course ipad so more secure but...

in general these arent killer issues because i look at genshin as a make your own fun situation; i waste my own time playing it like an action game doing dragon strikes with 1h sword users and have fun and pretend the boring characters dont exist but it would be nice to feel like the game is encouraging players to do the fun more execution-heavy stuff

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    So if I'm feeling underpowered relative to the content I'm doing, what's the best way to figure out why? I tried Domain of Zhou level 4 as suggested here but literally couldn't even kill the first two slimes, and in general it seems like my numbers are always lower than the ones I see in videos. I suspect it's that I'm not using the right artifacts or that they're not leveled enough or something but I can't say for sure.

As it is I had to bump my world level from 7 to 6 because it just felt tedious to dangerous at my current power level for even my main party.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So if I'm feeling underpowered relative to the content I'm doing, what's the best way to figure out why? I tried Domain of Zhou level 4 as suggested here but literally couldn't even kill the first two slimes, and in general it seems like my numbers are always lower than the ones I see in videos. I suspect it's that I'm not using the right artifacts or that they're not leveled enough or something but I can't say for sure.

As it is I had to bump my world level from 7 to 6 because it just felt tedious to dangerous at my current power level for even my main party.

Don't judge your numbers based on videos, those are minmaxed to hell and unrealistic for people who aren't literally playing it as a their job.

While you're still getting off the ground, don't even worry about the substats, and just focus on leveling up the artifacts with the main stats you want. Which is usually atk%/elemental%/ crit or crit damage depending on what you need more of. the flower is just HP, so it;s kinda whatever, but the straight atk from the feather is also important.

Character levels don't mean that much unless they're an anemo character focused on swirling, so you can leave them at 80, or maybe even lower. Skill levels do matter, but the farm can also be annoying. Try to at least get to 6/6/6, which is pretty cheap and doesn't need weekly boss drops. Ideally aiming for 8/8/8 until you decide where to spend your crowns.

The weapon level is also straight attack, so should be leveled up, especially since you get a metric ton of weapon crystals anyway if you stay on top of sending out expeditions.

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2022
    Spoit wrote: »

Don't judge your numbers based on videos, those are minmaxed to hell and unrealistic for people who aren't literally playing it as a their job.

While you're still getting off the ground, don't even worry about the substats, and just focus on leveling up the artifacts with the main stats you want. Which is usually atk%/elemental%/ crit or crit damage depending on what you need more of. the flower is just HP, so it;s kinda whatever, but the straight atk from the feather is also important.

Character levels don't mean that much unless they're an anemo character focused on swirling, so you can leave them at 80, or maybe even lower. Skill levels do matter, but the farm can also be annoying. Try to at least get to 6/6/6, which is pretty cheap and doesn't need weekly boss drops. Ideally aiming for 8/8/8 until you decide where to spend your crowns.

The weapon level is also straight attack, so should be leveled up, especially since you get a metric ton of weapon crystals anyway if you stay on top of sending out expeditions.

Thanks. If I'm in the level 70-80 range (AR 51), what level should should I be targeting for sub-optimal artifacts? I've leveled most of mine to ~12 if they're decent, or 8 if I think they're completely throwaway. Should I be shooting for higher if they have primary stats I like?

Grundlestiltskin on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Yeah, getting the right main stat artifacts is a big help.

Honestly though that domain sucks anyways. If you can do the EoSF domain, that's pretty much the single best domain for general purpose artifacts because of how broadly applicable EoSF is (and Shimenawa is a 2-pc atk set so good for everyone).

Pretty much everyone works if you just do a 2-pc atk and 2pc element (or phys from Pale Flame) artifact set on them.

And don't feel bad about dropping WL - it doesn't really impact rewards much at all anyways.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    They have ZZZ coming out, and they have this.

https://youtu.be/lpIgB_IPeTM
    https://youtu.be/mkohm_BchK0

HoYo is busy.

Here's a very general priority list of improving your characters. Rolling new characters/weapons or constellations is a separate consideration, definitely important but can't really be compared to anything else.

1. Weapon level for your main DPS characters. Usually, teams are built around one or two characters doing most of the damage (especially early on when your resources are spread thin), and the base power of your weapon is very important, as that gets further boosted by +attack% effects.
    2. Characters ascended 4 times (level 60/70). Your main DPS characters could probably be leveled further than that, but it's important for all the characters you're using to have that fourth ascension, so that they get their second passive talent, and talent levels for their main abilities can be brought up to a decent level. Most of those characters can be left at level 60 for a good while; levels beyond that are not a significant boost to your attack power and are mostly about unlocking higher talent levels.
    3. Talent levels and artifact levels are both about equally important in my opinion. Don't stress about leveling up artifacts that you know you're gonna replace later; you'll get most of that exp back when you use them as fodder anyway. Your important talents should be brought up to at least level 6 at first, and artifacts should be up to +16, especially for your main characters. If you have 5* artifacts, it's fine to leave them at +16 for now unless you got a lot of junk sitting around.
    4. Artifact sets and main stats. You don't have to go super deep grinding artifacts, but just getting an Attack% sands, Element% goblet, and Crit Rate (or crit damage if their crit rate is already high) headpiece for your main characters is a substantial boost.

The thing that I don't really know how to rank is team building. When I was around AR45 and first dipping into the highest level domains, I was still playing Beidou front and center and swinging her sword at things. But putting together a good synergistic team would definitely be a big help. What characters do you have at a decent level, so far? Klee and Razor are definitely awkward for that particular domain, but Kaeya should be able to handle it with a decent team. Especially if you have Xingqiu.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Spoit wrote: »

Thanks. If I'm in the level 70-80 range (AR 51), what level should should I be targeting for sub-optimal artifacts? I've leveled most of mine to ~12 if they're decent, or 8 if I think they're completely throwaway. Should I be shooting for higher if they have primary stats I like?

I usually aim for 16 for people I don't use THAT much. You can reclaim what, like 75% of the exp by feeding it to a better one?

Also, it's a lot slower, but don't feel bad about co-oping domains.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png

Here's a very general priority list of improving your characters. Rolling new characters/weapons or constellations is a separate consideration, definitely important but can't really be compared to anything else.

1. Weapon level for your main DPS characters. Usually, teams are built around one or two characters doing most of the damage (especially early on when your resources are spread thin), and the base power of your weapon is very important, as that gets further boosted by +attack% effects.
    2. Characters ascended 4 times (level 60/70). Your main DPS characters could probably be leveled further than that, but it's important for all the characters you're using to have that fourth ascension, so that they get their second passive talent, and talent levels for their main abilities can be brought up to a decent level. Most of those characters can be left at level 60 for a good while; levels beyond that are not a significant boost to your attack power and are mostly about unlocking higher talent levels.
    3. Talent levels and artifact levels are both about equally important in my opinion. Don't stress about leveling up artifacts that you know you're gonna replace later; you'll get most of that exp back when you use them as fodder anyway. Your important talents should be brought up to at least level 6 at first, and artifacts should be up to +16, especially for your main characters. If you have 5* artifacts, it's fine to leave them at +16 for now unless you got a lot of junk sitting around.
    4. Artifact sets and main stats. You don't have to go super deep grinding artifacts, but just getting an Attack% sands, Element% goblet, and Crit Rate (or crit damage if their crit rate is already high) headpiece for your main characters is a substantial boost.

The thing that I don't really know how to rank is team building. When I was around AR45 and first dipping into the highest level domains, I was still playing Beidou front and center and swinging her sword at things. But putting together a good synergistic team would definitely be a big help. What characters do you have at a decent level, so far? Klee and Razor are definitely awkward for that particular domain, but Kaeya should be able to handle it with a decent team. Especially if you have Xingqiu.

Thanks, this is all very helpful.

This is my current roster:
    rl9KXg7.png

Thanks, this is all very helpful.

This is my current roster:
    rl9KXg7.png

First of all, I strongly recommend bringing Xingqiu up to level 60/70. He's one of the best characters in the game, and works very well with Klee (or Diluc if you ever want to use him), Xiangling, and Kaeya. That said, for now, he can be useful in that domain even at his current level, especially if you happen to have a Sacrificial Sword to slap on him.

If you want to build a team around Kaeya, Xingqiu and Chongyun are great supports for him even at low level/no investment. Xingqiu will wipe out pyro shields and help Kaeya freeze stuff, and Chongyun's E will make all of Kaeya's normal and charge attacks do cryo damage, which will trigger melts against the slimes and pyro shields. You should be able to take out the slimes pretty quickly with that. Diona or Barbara can be brought along to help you survive. The stalking fireballs should be the only problem for that team; just make sure to dash out of them as soon as they get to you so they don't do too much damage. They always stop and pulse a few times before they move again, so you should be fine as long as you don't stand in it.

Obviously, Tartaglia could make quick work of that domain too, if you want to bring him up to speed. He normally plays really well with either Xiangling or Fischl/Beidou, but in that domain, you'd probably have to stick to Kaeya/Xingqiu.

Honestly, the big threat there is the abyss mage shields, and Barbara could bring them down standing in their faces for a few seconds.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Barbara is fantastic at tearing through fire shields, yeah. It's her main use case frankly - catalysts get easy reactions on attack plus her skill procs even more. (Because usually people just let Bennett handle the healing).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    The main thing with Team Building is building on synergies by looking at what your characters do and what they need.

Xingqiu, for instance, synergizes so well with so many people because his burst can hit while he's off-field and proc reactions with. Vaporize, Electro-Charged and Frozen are all perfectly possible with him and if you have a sacrificial sword, he's pretty self-sufficient in terms of energy needs.

Beidou is in a similar boat because her burst is off-field but she doesn't have the same luxury of being self-sufficient, energy-wise. You don't want to stack too much Recharge on her because you want attack and crit, which means you usually want to run her with another Electro character for resonance and energy help. This is why you usually see teams running Beidou and Fischl together, because Fischl's Skill/Burst can make a lot of energy.

In general, if your DPS infuses their attack with an element for their attack string, you want to think about who can add to that, either by granting them more damage (Ayaka/Shenhe, Raiden/Sara, Itto/Gorou, etc.) or throwing in rapid reactions (Tartaglia/Xiangling, Yanfei/Xingqiu, Beidou/Xingqiu (or a host of other characters, honestly, Electro-Charged can make for some busted teams)).

If your DPS focuses on their skill and Burst, you want to pair them with someone that can supplement their attack and energy (Raiden/Yae, Itto/Albedo, etc.) or synergize with their kit to maximize their normal damage (Eula with Fischl, Beidou, Raiden or Yae Miko to proc Superconduct often and lower Physical Resistance, ditto for like a Razor/Chongyun team).

Kupowered - It's my Blog!