As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I beat the feared. Only two deaths where an off screen shaper beamed me. Not bad. Is the forgotten supposed to be harder?

The Feared is likely the most difficult content in the game right now. Other endgame fights like Maven, Uber Elder, Sirus, and such are about learning the boss's patterns and where to stand while you fight. The Feared takes 5 of those bosses and has you fight them all at once, which can be extremely overwhelming and deadly.

The Forgotten is just the 4 bosses that make up the Cortex fight, except all at once instead of in 5 phases (phase 3 is adds for flask refills). It's much much easier.

I think the 2nd most difficult is The Hidden because you're fighting 4 Breach bosses at 83, which is a higher level than even their pure breachstone versions. Each of those bosses have large AOEs, and it can be difficult to avoid all of it.

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I beat the feared. Only two deaths where an off screen shaper beamed me. Not bad. Is the forgotten supposed to be harder?

The Feared is likely the most difficult content in the game right now. Other endgame fights like Maven, Uber Elder, Sirus, and such are about learning the boss's patterns and where to stand while you fight. The Feared takes 5 of those bosses and has you fight them all at once, which can be extremely overwhelming and deadly.

The Forgotten is just the 4 bosses that make up the Cortex fight, except all at once instead of in 5 phases (phase 3 is adds for flask refills). It's much much easier.

I think the 2nd most difficult is The Hidden because you're fighting 4 Breach bosses at 83, which is a higher level than even their pure breachstone versions. Each of those bosses have large AOEs, and it can be difficult to avoid all of it.

For the record, they just said in the Q&A that the new uber fights in Sentinel league are all roughly as difficult as the Feared.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    must be a lot easier to do patch notes when half the sections are gone lol

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Nerfed grasping vines,

Fucking good.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I don't have to deal with Blight and Delirium anymore let's gooooooooooo

Crippl3 on
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    I don't have to deal with Blight and Delirium anymore let's gooooooooooo

Those 2 are my favorites. I think it’s really cool they’re letting you just cut out things entirely. Goodbye Hiest.

• hushhush Registered User regular
    yup, I will never see another legion obelisk ever again (unless I decide to run ed/cont again for some reason), and that is a beautiful thing

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
    Known mechanics you can remove:
    Harvest
    Breach
    Metamorph
    Blight
    Abyss
    Delirium
    Legion
    Ritual
    Heist
    Expedition

I assume that you can still (say) run Breach even after you ban it by specifying it via Kirac mod, scarab, or sextant, and this just applies to the random chance. This creates the possibility of weird stuff, like speccing into Ritual, but still banning ritual because you're forcing it using Vessels, or banning Delirium because you're running maps with layers of delirium, and getting a higher chance for bonus mechanics without a downside. Or maybe the game already rerolls this in the background?

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    they buffed me again

J3qcnBP.png
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    they buffed me again

You mean the HP buff you can get on the monsters for the league mechanic AND the atlas passives?

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    they buffed me again

You mean the HP buff you can get on the monsters for the league mechanic AND the atlas passives?

i mean the slammer helm from shaper

J3qcnBP.png
    Think I might do a spark build?

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Very smart, allowing us to customize which content and drops you are getting. If you aren't zoomy/tanky and don't have great AoE you likely don't want to futz around with Legion and Delirium too much, while people that like to go hard on map clear don't like having to take the time with harvest or blight.

I had a good time with elemental spectral helix but I am considering minions or some spell character with high survivability this time. Or, you know, Seismic Saboteur with Exsang for clear because
    a) it just does almost everything albeit relatively slowly
    b) it is going to get nerfed down to Delve lv 900 in 3.19
    c) you are going to want a boss killer that can do damage while you are running about trying not to die and
    d) that sound effect.

Absalon on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    the shaper slam helmet looks like its designed to let u sniff ur farts

u cant unsee it

obF2Wuw.png
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular

New challenges are listed on the site, if you can’t see the tweet.

I’m thinking Archnemesis will go down as my first and last 40/40.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
    Note there's an achievement to empower (and defeat) an Act Boss; keep an eye out for that one during the campaign so you don't have to go back afterwards.

First eight achievements look normal enough, but:
    Achievement 9: Complete a flawless breachstone (only drops from Maven's breach invitation) AND defeat Xesht-Ula, the Open Hand (requires luck and a specific atlas passive) AND complete 100 breaches.
    10: defeat possessed rogue exiles (requires a very specific atlas passive setup, a lot of grinding, and luck; it's not even X out of Y.)
    11: Essences (again, requires luck, a specific atlas passive setup, and a bunch of grinding.)
    12: Sentinel (might be reasonably easy?)
    13: Shrines (again, requires a specific atlas passive setup, and luck)
    14: Metamorph (again, requires a specific atlas passive setup, and luck)
    15: Harvest (requires Heart of the Grove. I've never seen this after the revamp.)

And it just goes on like that. I'm not touching these challenges. Half of these require a specific atlas setup, and a bunch of luck on top of that, and has a grindy-ass portion. Ugg. The other half is all around being able to defeat the new Uber versions of the endgame bosses, which were basically called out in the Q&A as being Not For Me. Like, I have an actual job. I don't have time for this level of bullshit.

I tried reading the challenges and started crying.

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I’ve seen people saying 24 is the new 36, and that’s probably the right way to look at this for anyone that values their time and/or sanity.

Edit: removed bad breach info.

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    The first armor set looks cool. I can just pretend the second doesn't exist. I guess you could probably mix and match them.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    It maaay be time for me to return. I wasn't expecting "no build meta changes", but they tell me skeletons were good last league and that's all I really need.

steam_sig.png
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Skeleton mages were fun last league. I think there was supposed to be something much better but it seemed complicated

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I'm debating poison concoction pathfinder with intent to pivot to something later, or EA elementalist...

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    I am slightly wavering on the league start skeleton build, as the skelly mage jewel was pretty darn expensive to start last league it appears and threatens to be even moreso with a static meta...

I can always try out the Absolution thing until then though, as it could be a fun change of pace. So many decisionssss....

steam_sig.png
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    I think I've finally figured out what I want to do next league. It's nothing meta or special, but a fun totem character I've been wanting to do. In a recent MTX sale I managed to sang all the water skill effects, so I'm gonna go super theme-y and probably die a bunch.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I think I've finally figured out what I want to do next league. It's nothing meta or special, but a fun totem character I've been wanting to do. In a recent MTX sale I managed to sang all the water skill effects, so I'm gonna go super theme-y and probably die a bunch.

health is a resource if u arent spending it ur wasting it

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Hey, I play MTG. The only health point that matters is the last one.

ideal defensive stats for mapping:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQQeP68FrDo

obF2Wuw.png
    edited May 2022
    Reminder to set up tabs in standard the way you want them, logging in as close to patching as possible so you don't get an unlock code, check PoBs and filter, and set up a small checklist of when/where to buy the right gems during leveling.

Absalon on
    To ride the meta snake or fight against it? A dilemma as old as time, and I'm down to two builds.....I'm sure I'll keep changing my mind until the queueueue has been passed though.

steam_sig.png
    just make a build that sounds fun

solving problems is the best bit!

obF2Wuw.png
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Think I'm gonna try out Bane occultist this league. I've never gone all-in on curses before, sounds fun

Steam: Spawnbroker
    edited May 2022
    MUCH FUN ARCHNEMESIS SHIT TO KEEP IN MIND
    Assassin: take reduced damage from crits node or run
    Executioner: run
    Hexer: be prepared for random bleeds and fun
    Drought bringer: run, unless you have leech and lifetap etc.
    Temporal bubble: R U N
    Ice prison: Be ready with move skills or die my dude
    Corpse detonator: Very die
    Toxic: Everything is now a volatile flameblood with twice the damage, good thing it is slow
    Corrupter: random corrupted blood that gets applied when you hit, prioritize CB immune over hinder/maim immune if you're not quite loaded on armor
    Effigy: They probably forgot they added this garbage so you have to be reflect immune 100% of the time until they remove it

Absalon on
    why would u run when u can stand and die like a goth

obF2Wuw.png
    Minutes from queue opening.

I will be getting on late tonight because fuck this stupid fucking client.

just make a build that sounds fun

solving problems is the best bit!

Well yeah but I have to decide if I want to solve "all of these items are too expensive" problems or "this build is terrible" problems.

steam_sig.png
    1664 ahead of me, not awful.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Wait. League launch was today?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    23 minutes from now!

steam_sig.png