As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We are canceling the apocalypse! (Final Fantasy XIV)

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    SCREECH OF THE FARG on
    gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Maratastik wrote: »
    If I were SE I would simply tell people complaining the game is too easy because of all the mods they use to simply stop using the mods. Like who is dumb enough to use mods to make the game easier and then complain that the game is too easy? Like...there's a real easy solution to that that doesn't require any action from SE.

man, strawmen are way easier to win debates against

Are you capable of responding without snark? People are just talking out their positions, it's not some grand debate.

making up fake players who use addons while complaining fights are too easy isn't talking out positions in good faith

That was like my whole point....

Nobody is complaining that fights are too easy because they are using addons. You'd have to be incredibly dense to do that.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I'm 100% anti-mods. Period.

:(

no mods no kings

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    72qm0flru7z81.jpg

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    In the end we all die alone, except for those people who run their single target AoE into a stack marker.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Objectively the best emote ever.

ailckj7upv6m.png

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I have to admit, the $7 pricetag on mogstation emotes is steep but I'm tempted for this one.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    do you think they will ever give Gridania any character development in the way they've done for every other Eorzean state now, including Sharlayan, Ala Mihgo and especially Ishgard? God they love writing stories about Ishgard. Gridania's 2.0 internal problems have always felt sort of forgotten by the writers.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I think it's kind of a "We wrote ourselves into a corner" in regards to gridania.

because like what do you do about the problem when the problem is "we live in the forest that hates, and if we do anything the forest dislikes, it will hate"

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Every time they try to do that with Gridania it just makes me hate the elementals more.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    They could address the racism plot hooks that were left dangling after 2.0 for one thing, it doesn't come up much anymore but gridanians are super racist to outsiders generally (using the elementals as an excuse, of course) and to the twelveswood moonkeeper miqo'te and duskwight elezen clans in particular

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's the sort of thing where they could do that but it requires a lot more Work than the other citystates because the groundwork isn't there. a lot of players probably have zero clue what the deal with the elementals is because it barely comes up, ESPECIALLY if you don't start there. and if you do all that work, do you even get an interesting story out of it? or do you just kind of wind up with another "and then man and nature learned to live in harmony" whatever

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    yeah they'd have to do a whole story arc about it for sure, but they have done it for the other cities more or less... the limsa stuff was perhaps a bit rushed though

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Yeah whenever the Gridania lore gets brought up I always go "wait, huh!?!".

Shenl742 on
    FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    tbh I think we should kill the Elementals :V fuck 'em, they're basically just racist mini-primals that boss us around!

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I have to admit, the $7 pricetag on mogstation emotes is steep but I'm tempted for this one.

If it helps, it doesn't loop. You take two sips and the emote ends.

I still love it and am glad I bought it, but a few friends were a little miffed.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Who knew Oprah played FF
    4ikinqbca4fg.png

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    yeah im not sure why they don't setup more emotes to loop. It can't be difficult to do.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Well, if someone did the emote and then went afk they'd be drinking forever, and that just wouldn't be realistic.

• Options
    You can macro the eating emotes into a loop pretty easily, but the tea one is a problem because it briefly de/rematerializes between loops.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    They want you to consider your diet; you shouldn't be eating or drinking constantly for an hour. Now, sweeping or dancing for an hour, that works fine. But your stomach is finite.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    tbh I think we should kill the Elementals :V fuck 'em, they're basically just racist mini-primals that boss us around!
    I think doing so would literally kill the forest is the thing.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    Gridania is awesome because it shows what living in harmony with nature really means. Most of us think it means "humans do what they want and the rest of the world can have the crumbs". It really means that humans are limited in what they can do. And that isn't a thing we're used to.

• Options
    Got the PvP armor, it's pretty nice. And being to wear it on all classes is great.
    5xw0af2eu1gd.png
    Only downside is the hair they have hanging out the back of the helmet, it's just a lump that hovers there. Doesn't work at all, it's a shame.
    n2ua2023nwda.png

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Evermourn wrote: »
    Gridania is awesome because it shows what living in harmony with nature really means. Most of us think it means "humans do what they want and the rest of the world can have the crumbs". It really means that humans are limited in what they can do. And that isn't a thing we're used to.

yeah I think it's kinda funny because the elementals are objectively terrible to their inhabitants, but they're also an embodiment of a land that's being colonized that has determined there is one acceptable way for the land to be shared and if you don't like it you can just die. I think there's a venn diagram overlap of people who like saying "decolonization" but think the elementals are objectively evil and that is fuckin' hilarious because they're a best-case-scenario for what full decolonization actually looks like

• Options
    Woohoo, horse #1 get. This is the one I wanted the most, it looks great.
    fuiluqo8shww.png
    hywn7j0am0k4.png

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Evermourn wrote: »

yeah I think it's kinda funny because the elementals are objectively terrible to their inhabitants, but they're also an embodiment of a land that's being colonized that has determined there is one acceptable way for the land to be shared and if you don't like it you can just die. I think there's a venn diagram overlap of people who like saying "decolonization" but think the elementals are objectively evil and that is fuckin' hilarious because they're a best-case-scenario for what full decolonization actually looks like

Yeah, it isn't so much racism on the Gridanians part as fear of the elementals. The elementals already kicked out the Ixal, which is what that whole simmering mess is about. The Ixal are pissed that the Gridanians moved in when they got evicted. The Gridanians know that the only thing keeping the elementals from murderizing everyone in the city is for the hearers to pay close attention to what they say, and the Duskwright and Keepers don't want to play ball.

The Gridanians don't hate you because you are Duskwright, they hate you because you thumb your nose at the landlord every time he rolls through with his grenade launcher.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I also think they should just retcon/remove some plot hooks that are just useless. Like the elezen and mi'qotes in the Black Shroud and that scene in which the WoL dreams that he flies to Cid to hand him his goggles.

Aldo on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    ... and that scene in which the WoL dreams that he flies to Cid to hand him his goggles.

I have no memory of that.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    The WoL has an echo? vision? of younger 1.0 Cid on an airship at some point in 2.0's MSQ and physically hands him his goggles, which he doesn't have yet, which is how he gets his goggles? And this never comes up again.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    https://youtu.be/ganfDzrtJyU

lol also has a unique kid Cid model that is never used again

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    You're a Cid now, you're a kid now

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    ... and that scene in which the WoL dreams that he flies to Cid to hand him his goggles.

I have no memory of that.

Exactly

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Stuff like that Cid cutscene I feel like they did in ARR before they really had decided what things like the echo actually were. Most things they seem to have done a decent job of explaining why it was different in ARR and has since been retconned, but that Cid thing specifically I think they're just hoping nobody remembers cause it makes zero sense.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    My understanding is that back in 1.0 the Echo had actual time travel stuff, heard a friend talking about it and there was stuff like accidentally stealing a gun from the past.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    That's wild. It's definitely safer to make it the flashback exposition power.

I wouldn't be mad if it were the monado flash forward possible future power though.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    That's wild. It's definitely safer to make it the flashback exposition power.

I wouldn't be mad if it were the monado flash forward possible future power though.

That’s the one Mikoto has.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Mikoto's Echo always shows the future accurately, just not the full context. One of those ironic cursed gifts.

Though I like to think she uses it in combat to bayonetta dodge everything perfectly in Delubrum Reginae lol.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Some custom poses. I put some of them behind a spoiler because they're romantic, though not NSFW (no spicy mods or anything like that);

l5hde5geiv0x.png
    s7zs9fwkeif4.png
    28k25vrlf3kq.png
    qvj26zbd9i82.png
    tz5sswxh6flp.png
    ktxhub4gkgqp.png
    atr9xot7yu4a.png
    jt3skr7le8bl.png
    4l1acevm2wyk.png

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Wow the whole get 75 alexandrite and smoosh some low level materia into your relic weapon step took me half an hour to do some 50 maps and stand at a marketboard.