As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Dibby wrote: »
    FUCKING FINALLY

THE SPICY PRETZ IS MINE
    Nagas finally get you there?

The Judge on
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    FUCKING FINALLY

THE SPICY PRETZ IS MINE
    Nagas finally get you there?

Nah Golden Lightfang with Yogg surprisingly

honestly it's legitimately impossible once you get to a certain MMR level because jesus christ no one plays stupid anymore. the entire cheevo relies on other people playing poorly and capitalizing on their mistakes along with a dash of luck, highrolling, and RNG. thus BG MMR resets are the best time to go for it because you legit get like 5/8 people who are either AFK or just already ghosts

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    The new meta in the low ranks is just to level aggressively. Without buddies you aren't really punished for it, so whoever gets to 6 first while having more than 15 health, wins.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    FUCKING FINALLY

THE SPICY PRETZ IS MINE
    I knew your day would come, Dibby. Now take a spicy mustard shit to celebrate.

Grobian wrote: »
    The new meta in the low ranks is just to level aggressively. Without buddies you aren't really punished for it, so whoever gets to 6 first while having more than 15 health, wins.

All my opponents were Playing Stupid and legit staying on Tier 1 for... like, ever. So I'd have to do dumb shit like stay on Tier 1 with them because otherwise oops, they'd have 2 minions to my one and THERE GOES MY SPICY PRETZ

But assuming normal play without cheevo chasing yeah, greedy leveling can work pretty well. It depends though, like I probably wouldn't zoom right the heck up to Tier 6, but I'd probably use my 8-gold turn to tier up instead of buying minions if my board/health were good enough. Or tiering up to 5 shortly after 4 if, again, my board/health are good enough. Tiering up to 6 is when I've exhausted triple opportunities to fish for That One 6 Drop I Need and I just go "fuck it" and bite the bullet, yknow. ....Or if I'm just way, way, way way way ahead.

DNiDlnb.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I might have asked this before but I never got a good answer - why does Malfurion have abs on his abs in Hearthstone but he's a plump little dumpling man in WarCraft 3?

He had over a decade to get ripped. Seems doable.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    vtjufn3sbg1s.png

i'unno, obviously its not a great model but you can clearly see lines meant to depict muscles

liEt3nH.png
    No surprises in the VS Data Reaper Report this week. A general continuation of the trends of last week. There's some noise about a Curse of Agony warlock, but it doesn't look generally ladder competitive.

I don't see how DH doesn't get nerfed soon. I was a bit surprised they didn't nerf anything in the patch this week since frequent patching is a hassle for a mobile game.

Boar Priest?

edited May 2022
    a deck intended to trigger the effect of Elwynn Boar and get the big-ass sword. primarily designed to counter Control Warrior at legend. very hard to pilot and very bad at every other matchup

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
    a deck intended to trigger the effect of Elwynn Boar and get the big-ass sword. primarily designed to counter Control Warlock at legend. very hard to pilot and very bad at every other matchup

I know. I mean, why isn't Quest Priest up there? Or some kind of Silence Priest?

Control Warrior*

because they aren't good

liEt3nH.png
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    All three are on there.

Winrates at Diamond/Legend/High Legend:

Boar Priest: 38.56 / 42.83 / 46.75
    Shellfish Priest: 41.08 / 43.06 / 46.20
    Quest Priest: 41.45 / 42.11 / 42.62

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    I'll show you all! I'll make a new Priest deck that cracks 50%!

emnmnme wrote: »
    I'll show you all! I'll make a new Priest deck that cracks 50%!

I played 10 games of Casual and I lost track of my wins and losses but I feel like I won more than half the time with this deck. Mission Accomplished. Huge Success.

Huge Success Deathrattle Priest
    1 x Seek Guidance
    2 x Condemn
    2 x Plated Beetle
    2 x Thrive in the Shadows
    1 x Amulet of Undying
    2 x Death's Head Cult
    2 x Entrapped Sorceress
    2 x Smothering Starfish
    2 x Treasure Guard
    1 x Holy Nova
    1 x Void Shard
    2 x Gangplank Diver (Play him at Turn 6 and then you stick an elephant on this guy at Turn 7)
    1 x Spirit Guide
    1 x Cairne Bloodhoof
    1 x Lightshower Elemental
    1 x Undying Disciple
    2 x Elek Mount
    1 x Mutanus the Devourer
    2 x Mo'arg Forgefiend
    1 x Xyrella, the Devout

See you all at Legend.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I’ve been having a ton of fun climbing with wildfire naga mage.

It’s super fun to go off turn 5-6, because neither of us know exactly what’s about to happen, only that I’m about to take all 75 seconds of my turn to draw half my deck, clear their entire board, while also setting up a full board myself.

ronzo on
    the most on the nose quote in the world is the entry quote of the mana refresh naga

liEt3nH.png
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    i'm going to guess that's "I just keep doing things until you die"

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    bgs are insanely boring right now because people just force this every game

gVQ1K0u.png?1

• RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Naga are largely too good, as is tradition for new tribes in this game I guess. Though if they weren't, it'd just be Revenge of the Murlocs again anyway. We're rapidly approaching a point where the growth potential of tribes in battlegrounds just needs a pretty thorough revamp imo.

one thing that always baffled me about battlegrounds was why there was only one guy who had like "I have specific rules for what I target" and he's at tier 6 where no one has time for him

liEt3nH.png
    Literally a Baron Rivendare sniper and nothing else.

edited May 2022
    jjnIu5J.png

Maybe the real Battlegrounds were the friends we made along the way~

(The last 2% was literally just 1st place Azshara and she busted soooooo)

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    one thing that always baffled me about battlegrounds was why there was only one guy who had like "I have specific rules for what I target" and he's at tier 6 where no one has time for him

he's a tech card for certain end-game comps that rely on weak support units that don't exist anymore bc they fucked scaling so badly

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg

he's a tech card for certain end-game comps that rely on weak support units that don't exist anymore bc they fucked scaling so badly

i mean i know what he's for i'm saying i'm baffled that they don't play in that space more instead of just going "WHAT'S A NEW WAY FOR A TRIBE TO SCALE"

liEt3nH.png
    edited May 2022

Iksar wrote:
    We're considering buffing many cards in the near future. They may not be cards we've nerfed in the past, though.

Edit: This is about constructed.

forty on
    they've pretty openly said that warlock and priest will be getting buffs in the next patch, they're something like, some of the worst-performing Worst Classes in a meta there's been

liEt3nH.png
    edited May 2022
    Also yeah between uhhhhhhh *checks notes* Bigs™, Divine Shields, Windfury, Auto-Board Buffing, Better Tarecgosa, Free Minions (seriously, the Tier 6 Spellcraft Discover Naga with the Naga that auto-casts Spellcrafts at the end of turn like christ my hand was so full I couldn't even play anything out lmfao), and like the ability to just buff whatever the fuck unit you want with said specific buffs...

Nagas just have too much going on there. They're just fucking busted. They're Mechs+Quillboars+Elementals combined, basically?? And they don't need anything like Rivendare+whatever to really get scaling, like Beasts or Mechs or whatever. They've got strong game all game, early mid and late.

Also you can play Spellcrafts on non-Nagas like the fuck were they thinking lmfao. Sure yeah lemme just slap Divine Shield, Windfury, and Big™ onto my goddamn Foe Reaper/Hydra, sure.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Also yeah between uhhhhhhh *checks notes* Bigs™, Divine Shields, Windfury, Auto-Board Buffing, Better Tarecgosa, Free Minions (seriously, the Tier 6 Spellcraft Discover Naga with the Naga that auto-casts Spellcrafts at the end of turn like christ my hand was so full I couldn't even play anything out lmfao), and like the ability to just buff whatever the fuck unit you want with said specific buffs...

Nagas just have too much going on there. They're just fucking busted. They're Mechs+Quillboars+Elementals combined, basically?? And they don't need anything like Rivendare+whatever to really get scaling, like Beasts or Mechs or whatever. They've got strong game all game, early mid and late.

Also you can play Spellcrafts on non-Nagas like the fuck were they thinking lmfao. Sure yeah lemme just slap Divine Shield, Windfury, and Big™ onto my goddamn Foe Reaper/Hydra, sure.

What a terrible, stupid meta. A big fucking yawn.

Edit: and they made over half the heroes an auto-loss. Nice.

sanstodo on
    edited May 2022
    Buddies did have one thing going for them, and that was some actual diversity for (formerly) Trashcan Heroes. But they were so problematic across the board and so, so wildly unbalanced and caused so many problems that ultimately I am glad they were removed.

Idk man, maybe add some of the buddies back into the shit Heroes?? They were actually viable for a time, yknow, and that diversity was fun. Maybe not all Heroes should have buddies, but those Garbagefire Tier ones? Sure, why not, that's an experiment worth trying. Cause now it's just like you see Lich Baz'hial and you just wanna fuckin throw up

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I feel like if I get offered a trash hero I'm bottom 8 for sure and if I get a good hero I'm top 4 easily (and Azshara is usually an autowin)

They should maybe look at.... balancing BGs

• RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Getting a lame hero that is likely to lose is part of the intended experience
    They want you to buy their pass for four character choices, after all

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Azshara isn't even that op, imo. The main loss of buddies is that there is currently no punish for powerleveling. All heroes that can powerlevel are busted. Mainly because Tidemistress is op and you want to get there asap.

Tidemistress needs a nerf. Maybe some lower tier Naga, but not much.

Some other tribes need buffs, mostly Dragon/Beast/Demon, I think. Murlocs and Elementals are fine, Quills can work or enable Menagerie. Mechs might be ok again with Naga nerfed. Dragon and Beast need better early and midgame. Demon is just rough all around. Maybe unnerf the Avenge guy or sth.

Tess always gets really strong in metas where everyone is trying to force the same thing.

It looks like the "buff a magnetic minion in the shop with Spellcrafts then attach it to one of yours" trick works for literally everything but Windfury. Even Divine Shield works, just not Windfury. It's so weird that just that one aspect doesn't carry over.

Getting a lame hero that is likely to lose is part of the intended experience
    They want you to buy their pass for four character choices, after all

I mean for a BG only player the "purchase" is nothing, like. 2000 gold? Lol okay yeah you'll make at least 5 times that if not more from the rewards track

Just balance the game mode ffs

DNiDlnb.png
    It's 20 packs for people that play both modes, though.

• sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    It's 20 packs for people that play both modes, though.

There are other modes?