As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker! patch 6.2 out

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Well it sounds like it's safe to pull it out at this point and you'll get to keep it.
    I know I could, but I won't.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    fair e-nuff

BahamutZERO.gif
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    There's always time for tea.

ouxbgblr6zte.png

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    I would like to talk to the person who designed Drybone and Little Ala Mhigo... everytime I pic a path to go leave the hubs...it's always the wrong one.

(I'm playing a new non-flying sprout at the moment)

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    I would like to talk to the person who designed Drybone and Little Ala Mhigo... everytime I pic a path to go leave the hubs...it's always the wrong one.

Flying doesn't even help; the walls are so high you can't fly over them. It's just the worst all around.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I just love this groupshot fanart

(contains a NPC from Shadowbringers 5.3)
    l8VH8aR.jpg
    🌟💙Franky's Wife💙🌟
    @cheripi_
    Every word on our hearts engraved💠

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    SB has the good grace
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »

For Drybone: take the tunnel if you want to go north, climb the stairs outside if you want to go south.
    Little Ala Mhigo: You're on your own here. Hope you can fly and just fly over that wooden palisade you can see from the aetheryte and then fly around the dang rocks.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    For Little Ala Mhigo: If you're going south or west just go out the big main entrance near the aetheryte. If you're going North or East there's a gate exit in the eastern cave at ground level.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    You know how sometimes a pun will be so blindingly obvious that you manage to miss it, like when you're looking for your sunglasses only to realize you're already wearing them?

So, doing the Stormblood Hildibrand quests, and I was deep into all this shit about a gentlewolf thief before I remembered that the race of the wolf-people is the Lupin

Goddammit.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i think a lot about how they were like "Players are so receptive to the Lupins, and we haven't had a beastman race in the game. We should give them what they want. But not the Lupin, they're just a head on a regular body, we'll put in the time to make a proper race" and then they started work on the hrothgar and then went "oh fuck shit ah fuck shit we do NOT have the time"

liEt3nH.png
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Looking at that fanart, the main adventuring team is skewed way too elfy. Next new party member should be a viera/au ra/hrothgar, or even a roegadyn.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Or even an au ra, an au ra, and an au ra.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    I feel like Roegadyn are underrepresented in the main NPCs in particular, Au Ra as well. We could have had a cool Roegadyn warrior lady in the Scions from all the way back in ARR but noooooo. Viera and Hrothgar I can excuse as they're the most recent additions.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I feel like Roegadyn are underrepresented in the main NPCs in particular, Au Ra as well. We could have had a cool Roegadyn warrior lady in the Scions from all the way back in ARR but noooooo. Viera and Hrothgar I can excuse as they're the most recent additions.

Hoary Boulder getting a voice actor is low key the greatest reveal in Endwalker

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

the most notable non-joke-character male roegadyn is... what, Gosetsu probably? For femroes it kind of feels like Merlwyb is the main representative and that they just... didn't put any others in notable roles after the fact. (Moenbryda doesn't really count for obvious reasons.)

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Misija in the Bozja subplot comes to mind, but that's not MSQ

Also Misija is her own can of worms as she feels like a substitute for the nonexistent female hrothgar model lol

BahamutZERO.gif
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »

the most notable non-joke-character male roegadyn is... what, Gosetsu probably? For femroes it kind of feels like Merlwyb is the main representative and that they just... didn't put any others in notable roles after the fact. (Moenbryda doesn't really count for obvious reasons.)

Is Gosetsu actually a Roegadyn?

I thought he was just supposed to be a very large human. Like obv they use the roe model for him, but he's got a human-ish head?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Adamantoise is down. Guess which server I'm on.

Kana wrote: »

I thought he was just supposed to be a very large human. Like obv they use the roe model for him, but he's got a human-ish head?

yeah he's a roegadyn, I also thought this for a while. Because I originally though Raubahn was supposed to be a Roegadyn and not a Hyur, then I found out he was just an extra huge highlander, so I thought Gosetsu was the same sort of thing lol.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

I also thought this. I checked the wiki and it calls him a Roe but it's like "uhhh there are Othardian Roes we guess, we don't know much more"

• MidniteMidnite Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    It was confirmed in a live letter before Stormblood released that Gosetsu is a roe.

(also several members of the confederacy in the ruby sea are roe, it's not like Gosetsu is the only one in the east)

Midnite on
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    the roegadyn leader of the ruby sea pirates is the single most handsome man in the game, don't @ me

edited May 2022
    There's notably plenty of roegadyn in the far east along with hyurs and au ra, and no elezen, miqo'te or lalafell except travelers.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I'm a Roe lady, 'cause, y'know ♪giant woman♪

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I'm a Miqote boy, 'cause, y'know ~nya~

You know. Nya.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    I'm a Roe lady, 'cause, y'know ♪giant woman♪

Yup. Giant woman solidarity superiority!

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Au Ra because I'm crazy and keep throwing myself into fights regardless of chances at winning them

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Fat tail Friday

liEt3nH.png
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    So I was bored and had over half a month of crysta left so I guess I'm going to try to not bounce off this again

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I am smol because

yes, yes

I thought he was just a big hyur initially too, but there's definitely a bit of dialogue during the MSQ where he's explicitly referred to as a Roegadyn and nobody corrects it.

I think the part that tricks people is his skin tone is just a normal human skin tone and not an unusual skin tone like most Roes have

BahamutZERO.gif
    edited May 2022
    I think the part that tricks people is his skin tone is just a normal human skin tone and not an unusual skin tone like most Roes have

He also has a "normal" nose and not the "Roegadyn nose". (squared/darkened)

Donnicton on
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Ya the nose is what had me thinking for the longest time that he was half-Roe, half-Hyur like how Hilda is half-Elezen, half-Hyur.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    that could actually be, maybe he is half-hyur

BahamutZERO.gif
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I now have a level 10 miqote archer

This discussion has been closed.