As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Post your inconsequential triumphs here

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Took my car through a car wash for the first time today, because a bird pooped on my passenger side window right before a road trip and I don't want my partner's view to be ruined on the way to the beach

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I got my teeth scanned today.

Not really a triumph, I just had to lay there and watch as they appeared on a screen while a technician wiggled a thing in my mouth.

Now they can be aligned...

invisibly.

With an invisible alignment tool, like the ones used to service Wonder Woman's invisible jet!

(Don't ask me why the tools need to be invisible.)

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I got my teeth scanned today.

Not really a triumph, I just had to lay there and watch as they appeared on a screen while a technician wiggled a thing in my mouth.

Now they can be aligned...

invisibly.

That sounds way more comfortable than the xrays and taking of casts they did when I was a youth.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I always thought biting into the weird gooshy casting paste was weirdly satisfying. As long as they were using the grape flavor. The pina colada stuff was pretty wretched.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I always thought biting into the weird gooshy casting paste was weirdly satisfying. As long as they were using the grape flavor. The pina colada stuff was pretty wretched.

I remember telling my dentist it tasted like antifreeze, as a joke, and the look he gave me was, "Son, there is something wrong in your brain."

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    For me it wasn't so much the paste as the trough thing it was in. It was super uncomfortable wedged up against the back of my mouth.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    My pothos looks like it's starting to take off.
    I buried one of the shoots from my old pothos in an empty pot.

Now look at it grow.
    e7dc6zdcu8v3.jpg
    Going to be snipping it off the first plant soon.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Holy shit what a day. First I missed my train because I overslept, then I missed the second train because I hit literally every possible light combined with traffic in general, despite leaving an hour early for a half hour drive when I started, and ran into the station just in time for the train to leave and for me to immediately start dry heaving because why the fuck not, as I resign myself to staying at the station for the next four hours to catch the next train to arrive at my destination at 9 PM.

So why is this in the inconsequential triumphs thread? Because as I was walking around Union Station, after successfully suppressing the dry heaves and calming down a bit, I saw Metrolink schedules on the side of the wall and long story short learned there was a county line leaving in half an hour that would get me to my destination by 6 PM, bought a ticket, and am sitting on the train right now as it wends its way northward. Too late on Friday for a restaurant when I arrive, so we're going to swing by In N Out for my birthday dinner.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I'm awesoming that because you're claiming it as a win. Happy birthday and good burgers to you, sorry about the rest of it.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm awesoming that because you're claiming it as a win. Happy birthday and good burgers to you, sorry about the rest of it.

All good, and yeah I figured it's a win since I managed to reach my destination while it's still daylight. Tomorrow's when we're going to be headed to a large mall to walk around, with the target of a Japanese imported candy shop.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Happy Birthday!

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Don't know how many of you have heard of Quordle, an unholy abomination take on Wordle. You have 4 different words to guess simultaneously and you get 9 chances. My daughter's boyfriend was trying to one up all of us and thought he'd start it because Wordle was just too easy for him.
    q9jdsf33lm19.jpg

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    yeah quordle is a lotta fun, it takes a bit of a different strategy to win consistently but I like it

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    My strategy for quordle is to do horse lucky and aping for the first three words as that is fifteen letters and you can usually get the rest from those ones.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    My current challenge for quordle is to try to finish it in less than 7.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Oh, that special thrill of defrosting your Hoth-like freezer and starting to hear the *thunk* *thunk* sound of ice blocks dropping.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Posting this in the triumph thread

My juror number was 37. I just called the telephone number to find out if I was one of the the 35 summoned to return tomorrow and they called 36 and 38. I have to call back tomorrow after 6pm "for further instructions" but they made that sound like it's basically just a back up incase they have to scrub the jury for some reason.

So I think I dodged the bullet of civil service in the Circuit Court for 3 years B)

With my luck though I'll get a grand jury summons tomorrow.

• Options
    They can't just take your duty from you. That's your duty. You call them right back and tell them you're not leaving without your duty.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    They can't just take your duty from you. That's your duty. You call them right back and tell them you're not leaving without your duty.

On the telephone? What if they mishear you and give you doody instead?

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Frankly, if you called and volunteered for jury duty you'd probably get dismissed based on suspicion.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I worked all 40 hours this week. First time in a while I haven't used FMLA to miss at least one day. Going to try and keep it up.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I'm debt free.

Bitch.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I have worked out a moka pot technique that gets me something like a 95% yield before sputtering, which is very gratifying.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    I'm debt free.

Bitch.

How?

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I'm debt free.

Bitch.

Yeah.

Hell yeah.

Motherloving hell yeah.

Elaro on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Elaro wrote: »
    I'm debt free.

Bitch.

Yeah.

Hell yeah.

Motherloving hell yeah.

How: The military industrial complex.

I will spend the rest of my life advocating for student debt cancellation for those who cannot partake.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Posting this in the triumph thread

My juror number was 37. I just called the telephone number to find out if I was one of the the 35 summoned to return tomorrow and they called 36 and 38. I have to call back tomorrow after 6pm "for further instructions" but they made that sound like it's basically just a back up incase they have to scrub the jury for some reason.

So I think I dodged the bullet of civil service in the Circuit Court for 3 years B)

With my luck though I'll get a grand jury summons tomorrow.

with a name like "grand" I should hope the grand jury only gets the coolest cases

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Your Honor we the jury find the defendant

Cool as hell

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I'm debt free.

Bitch.
    Now the fun part begins; staying out of debt.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    After three decades of biting my nails I've finally been bite free for like a month and used a pair of nail clippers for the first time in my life and wow that was a ride.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    The indicator wand on my car (2009 Ford Fiesta) has been fucky for years, but not to the point where I HAD to fix it, especially since the mechanic had quoted me about $350 to put in a new one. Since I've recently started making above minimum wage (llllllladies), I decided this was something that I could afford to fix, but also something I could probably just fix for myself.

So I ordered a replacement wand online for a cool $150. The only model I could find had an extra button on the end for recording trip mileage, but whatever, I can deal with having a button that does nothing if it means the turn signal doesn't self-activate. Thanks to an instructional YouTube video, installation took 10 minutes and was easier than changing a headlamp. Huzzah!

But wait - bonus second insignificant victory! When I was driving to the shops later I hit that supposed does-nothing button on the end of the new indicator wand and a goddamn trip recorder appeared on the console. Which means the car was built with that function but they locked it out because the first owner didn't spring for that optional extra.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Today, my wife passed her AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam on the first try.

This is, obviously, a huge accomplishment for her and I am super ridiculously proud of her. My babe rocks.

But for me, I only get the reflected glory and the kudos for taking over things so she could study more, so for me it’s a minor triumph. :)

• Options
    I started a Games/Art/Media Theory thread. Spent 3 hours on it.

I'm proud of the Etiquette section.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Today, my wife passed her AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam on the first try.

This is, obviously, a huge accomplishment for her and I am super ridiculously proud of her. My babe rocks.

But for me, I only get the reflected glory and the kudos for taking over things so she could study more, so for me it’s a minor triumph. :)

For your wife:

HD-wallpaper-no-bath-never-ever-cute-wet-orange-by-zoran-milutinovic-funny-cat.jpg

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I got platinum for the first time in a video game last night.

dgytrsu1unlz.jpeg

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Today, my wife passed

i just read up to here and freaked out

then i saw all the awesomes and thought you monsters

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

dgytrsu1unlz.jpeg

Is that one of the persona games?

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »

dgytrsu1unlz.jpeg

Persona Strikers

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    furlion wrote: »

dgytrsu1unlz.jpeg

Persona Strikers5 Royal