As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The One Where [Chat] Eats A Soup Tube

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I’m not even watching but apparently there’s also a public vote

nvm Britain aren’t winning lmao

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I just ordered glasses. Apparently I can wear these on my face and they will help me see better and they will transition to darkened lenses when there are demons.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Zavian wrote: »
    1. Write korn
    2. Draw korn
    3. Play korn
    4. Watch korn

k6r0vc0l2v14.png

who is korn?

-crumbles into dust-

they were/(are?) a nü-metal band popular in the late 90s. Could be argued they were the inventors of the genre.

i don't listen to music.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Germany is still at zero point. Well deserved.

This tactic of sending someone very popular with a good song seems to be working out quite well. Can’t imagine why we haven’t tried it before.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    is russia invited

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    malenia's not even hard tbh

With all that botox and silicone in her, i figured she would be

I’m listening to a podcast about John Wayne Gacy

i didn’t know that when he was younger, he was a manager of 3 KFCs and worked with the democratic party and basically used to bring a load of chicken to meetings to get people to like him

wild

Organichu wrote: »
    is russia invited

Usually, but not this year, for some reason.

edited May 2022
    We could have had Electric Callboy this year, but nooo

Haphazard on
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    is russia invited

No. They were removed this year.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Didn’t Faith No More actually invent nu-metal? Korn was more popular, for sure.

As with all things music there's really no inventor of a genre because, well, that's just not how it works.

Faith No More had some elements of it but arguably it wasn't until Korn that the genre of "nu-metal" existed as a widely known thing.

Kinda like how Nirvana sometimes gets credited with inventing grunge when it existed long before Nirvana hit, it just wasn't widely (or at all really) referred to as grunge.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Tav wrote: »

i didn’t know that when he was younger, he was a manager of 3 KFCs and worked with the democratic party and basically used to bring a load of chicken to meetings to get people to like him

wild

as i was driving today i was served this song which i haven't heard in probably 15 years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWpvMm27WIM

and how very dare you imply that an errant swing hitting you in the head makes you become a clown

the important thing is nu metal sucked

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    I'd go to a BDSM Kink convention.

I bet that would be a hoot

I heard that a lady and a man gave a demonstration on fisting at one.

I was interested after that

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

wild

Is it Chilluminati

I listened to that series a few days ago

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I thought Faith No More was grunge (also the line between grunge and nü-metal was a bit blurred on occasion) but on browsing their Wikipedia page I didn't recognize any of their songs

I did recognize the band name though

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    Fuckin France gave us 12 points. Just the jury, but still. I thought that was illegal there.

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Fuckin France gave us 12 points. Just the jury, but still. I thought that was illegal there.

The fix is in Bogart.

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

@Elendil this was super impressive and very tense when you went down to 1 HP

what did you do during waterfowl dance? It looked like in phase 1 you were guarding and in phase 2 you backstepped (?)

Steam, LoL: credeiki

The fix is in Bogart.

It’s a conspiracy to stick us with the huge electricity bill next year when we’ll be in a massive recession.

• Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    I can't believe that if you submit a decent song to Eurovision it will score well!? Why didn't anyone tell us sooner!!

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    I'd go to a BDSM Kink convention.

I bet that would be a hoot

I heard that a lady and a man gave a demonstration on fisting at one.

I was interested after that

If you genuinely wanted to get into your local scene the thing to look for is called a munch

Basically people meet up in a public, non-kink setting and figure out if each other are weirdos

Or at least, the wrong kind of weirdos

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Is the UK getting sympathy votes for basically being a failed state these days or what

The only thing I know about Eurovision is nobody votes for the UK usually

And Australia somehow counts as part of Europe for purposes of the contest

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

The fix is in Bogart.

It’s a conspiracy to stick us with the huge electricity bill next year when we’ll be in a massive recession.

Maybe Nadine Dorries can privatise it

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    Surely the aliens will land soon.

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    the oy bruvs out in force

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    He's extremely popular on TikTok. But still really shocked. Also Ukraine is way lower than I would expect. Sweden song is boring and idk why everyone loves it. I'm glad that Serbia got points. Germany's song was so bad so haha.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I thought Faith No More was grunge (also the line between grunge and nü-metal was a bit blurred on occasion) but on browsing their Wikipedia page I didn't recognize any of their songs

I did recognize the band name though

Basically this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG_k5CSYKhg

I'm scared.

I'm full tinfoil conspiracy on the vote count distribution this year. Something is afoot.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

Elendil this was super impressive and very tense when you went down to 1 HP

what did you do during waterfowl dance? It looked like in phase 1 you were guarding and in phase 2 you backstepped (?)
    blocked both times, but the third hit of waterfowl has weird tracking and doesn't always land depending on how you move; i try to move out of it as i block so that she gets less HP back for beating the shield. i didn't particularly want to practice waterfowl and my guy was a greatshield guy anyway, so i did it the easy way. stayed one-handed in phase 2 because she whips it out more unpredictably than in phase 1, and the telegraph is slightly less clear. still can't dodge the phantom attack at all consistently so i got incredibly unlucky in that she spammed it twice in a row and incredibly lucky in that i somehow lived through it. i legit don't know how that happened.

I'm full tinfoil conspiracy on the vote count distribution this year. Something is afoot.

I mean there’s always something afoot. It’s Eurovision. Highly suspect voting patterns are part of the fun.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    This is the best explanation I've seen so far

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    I'm fully expecting Ukraine to go nuts in the televotes and normality to resume but this has been such a mind fuck so far.

I mean there’s always something afoot. It’s Eurovision. Highly suspect voting patterns are part of the fun.
    The Netherlands?????

Italy voted for The Netherlands????

This discussion has been closed.