As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    I finally got around to making a 777 amp.

But uh, how the heck do you utilize the propa scaffold explosive for anything? It practically doesn't go forward at all, and self staggers. Maybe I'm just tired and not seeing it's potential.

I feel like my next one is going to be 766, because the recharge on the Plaga brace is just ridiculous. I know the crit is good, but "I basically always have ammo" is a thing too. Is there a real point to X7X vs X6X though? Marginally more damage I guess on the 7?

Edit: This assumes I can be convinced to farm more Vega toroids. Ew.

Having made a 66uhhh...3? 4? the stats/crit one, since someone mentioned x6x being great for proccing void debuffs on large groups, I certainly initially like x6x vs x7x from a usability standpoint. I hadn't ever tried either, so this is my initial exposure.

I'm just not sure how much gain the 7 brace crit is vs the massive recharge rate on the 6. Shwaak prism + that thing lets me basically never not fire, and I can only think that something like the beam hose would eat enough ammo to make the 2s recharge delay kinda ass.

• kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I love the vista suite, so far it's my favorite part. I love the art and the audio kills it for me especially the rain.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2022

But uh, how the heck do you utilize the propa scaffold explosive for anything? It practically doesn't go forward at all, and self staggers. Maybe I'm just tired and not seeing it's potential.

I feel like my next one is going to be 766, because the recharge on the Plaga brace is just ridiculous. I know the crit is good, but "I basically always have ammo" is a thing too. Is there a real point to X7X vs X6X though? Marginally more damage I guess on the 7?

Having made a 66uhhh...3? 4? the stats/crit one, since someone mentioned x6x being great for proccing void debuffs on large groups, I certainly initially like x6x vs x7x from a usability standpoint. I hadn't ever tried either, so this is my initial exposure.

I'm just not sure how much gain the 7 brace crit is vs the massive recharge rate on the 6. Shwaak prism + that thing lets me basically never not fire, and I can only think that something like the beam hose would eat enough ammo to make the 2s recharge delay kinda ass.

Everything was built around maximizing the handful of void strike shots you got to minmax tridolons. That said, even though 8 seconds is a long time, the numbers penalty still support a crit burst prism over one that has better sustain

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    Spoit wrote: »

Everything was built around maximizing the handful of void strike shots you got to minmax tridolons. That said, even though 8 seconds is a long time, the numbers penalty still support a crit burst prism over one that has better sustain

Mm. Well, as I'm not really into Eidolons, feels like just swapping to a potentially higher damage prism would be enough. The Shwaak is a nice Arca Plasmor style effect, but could definitely hit harder.

The iedolon strat is still useful for the highest tier angels, I stick with crit.

If I 1-shot the globes, I can just barely solo an Angel in the t3 bounty.

I may need a new amp. Again.

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Those globes don't seem to register me passing through them too well.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

You don't need very high-tech prisms or scaffolds though. Raplak and Cantic prism are both sufficient even against Tier 4 angels (as long as you aim for the head).

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden

You don't need very high-tech prisms or scaffolds though. Raplak and Cantic prism are both sufficient even against Tier 4 angels (as long as you aim for the head).

Eh. If I gotta farm Vega toroids for something I may as well kill Profit Taker a couple few more times and hit the next rep rank for a 766. Or 767, IDK.

I'm just about to move over to Madurai though, and I am seeing lots of % damage increases in there, and maybe this would be a helpful thing too.

The madurai void strike power is what spoit was referring to when talking about how crit is generally the way to go. I use raplak and never have ammo issues with the angels.

• NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    The Madurai buffs to Amp damage are legit, even if you're not using a top-tier Amp and don't have the Madurai nodes fully unlocked. Even with my used-to-be-good, 333 Amp or whatever, I was seeing numbers vs. Angels go from like 1000's to 5000's with the switch to Madurai (from Zenurik, where I live).

And this was with only one or two ranks each in the applicable Madurai nodes.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Nips wrote: »
    The Madurai buffs to Amp damage are legit, even if you're not using a top-tier Amp and don't have the Madurai nodes fully unlocked. Even with my used-to-be-good, 333 Amp or whatever, I was seeing numbers vs. Angels go from like 1000's to 5000's with the switch to Madurai (from Zenurik, where I live).

And this was with only one or two ranks each in the applicable Madurai nodes.

Ah that's my problem then. We'll see how this goes before I go grind amp parts. Are the % numbers in there multiplicative with each other, or additive?

not sure what the nodes numbers are, but i kill the angel with a couple shots, 4 or 5 at the highes tier, long before it creates the orbs you must sling through. i use a crit build raplak, nothing fancy. I think my shots do around 40 or 50k each to the angel but i don't really pay attention to the popup numbers. That's with madurais firstl power of course

Yeah there's no way that's just down to the amp, even w/ a 2.6x crit multiplier on the prism. I suspect Madurai is a massive component of the damage there, since my 266 is doing like... 1200 base, maybe 2500 crit, and it's got a higher base damage than Raplak. (Shwaak is 3500 to Raplak's 3000.)

that is my point, yes. crit build is more useful than extended shooting before reloading for fights like that with madurai, much like the eidolin strategies

kralizecc wrote: »
    that is my point, yes. crit build is more useful than extended shooting before reloading for fights like that with madurai, much like the eidolin strategies

I think we're talking orthogonally. I don't think crit vs recharge vs anything else is going to be as big a factor as use of Madurai to boost damage; even if you assume everything crits for a 2.6x multiplier (ignoring Madurai bonuses for a moment) from a 777 or 177, that won't take you to however the hell much you're doing per to 4-shot an Angel at like level 110.

Unless I'm missing something, basically any amp except mote should be able to nuke the crap out of anything given those focus buffs, just maybe less efficiently. (So like... 8 shots. 10 maybe.)

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    /logs back in

OH GOD I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S HAPPENING OR HOW TO DO THINGS AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

This is why I haven't logged back in for quite awhile

(I mean aside from trying to play catch up on a ton of other games)

((Also me losing a ton of interest once I hit MR30 which I was afraid was going to happen))

I mean, tbh, the only reason I did log back in is because I'm going on a 2 week trip this month, so I let my FFXIV sub lapse, so, I'm playing other games in the meantime

(and, going back to WF has made me appreciate the way that map tiles encourage exploration: there's SO MANY cool little secrets in the Zariman!)

but man! This is a LOT! I haven't logged in since New War so I don't have Caliban either.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    That's right, but to the extent it is a factor, recharge is the less useful option. That said, it's hard to switch off madurai these days. It was my first school and the first I maxed but I think I spent more time in zenurik before the update.

That's right, but to the extent it is a factor, recharge is the less useful option. That said, it's hard to switch off madurai these days. It was my first school and the first I maxed but I think I spent more time in zenurik before the update.

Yeah I was Zenurik all the time before, but I got the waybounds and have been trying out others and... It's fine? Arcane Energize really does do a whole shitload of work for you. I feel like once you have the waybounds unlocked, you'll be at a point in the game where you have enough other sources of regen/energy that you can look into the other schools. (And Madurai's "I do 30% more damage lol" starter node is just like "what".)

I'm pretty sure zeniruk had a node that let me get an extra void dash before running out of energy, I used it for something like that anyway. I've been a proponent of massive restore abuse for years and never really cared about the focus school regen. Prior to that I did enjoy the default madurai bonus which was much the same as it is now, but the void strike is soooo much better with these changes.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I've been Zenurik since we got Focus, but I'm mostly maxed on it now and y'all are making Madurai sound very appealing.

I've been Zenurik since we got Focus, but I'm mostly maxed on it now and y'all are making Madurai sound very appealing.

Honestly, if you have a maxed Energize, just swap. I'd go through Vazarin long enough to get the waybounds--my spoiler gained literally 1200+ HP, a few hundred armor, and 6hp/s regen from them--then I'm going to heavily load Madurai with a little detour for the +move speed node in Naramon.

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Can confirm that Void Strike does B I G damage. Haven't brought it to an Eidolon yet but *soon*.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    I just can't get over how much I enjoy the vistasuite, the videographs and audiographs are just so satisfying. I only wish I could have someone else decorate it, I just can't get into it these days after going waaay overboard in everquest 2

• ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    "The Zariman is your rightful home."

No, that creepy-ass shipwreck bloody well isn't. Where is this coming from? I'm with the operator's gut feeling on this one.

Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Fuck that ship, seriously

BahamutZERO.gif
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    No no, the location of your life altering trauma is your cozy, welcoming home. Definitely.

No, that creepy-ass shipwreck bloody well isn't. Where is this coming from? I'm with the operator's gut feeling on this one.

the immortal voidghosts are probably ptetty lonely, you see the same motivations in all sorts of horror movies where the entities try to get the main characters eternally damned so they aren't alone.

the immortal voidghosts are probably ptetty lonely, you see the same motivations in all sorts of horror movies where the entities try to get the main characters eternally damned so they aren't alone.

That explains why they're all, "Uh, hey, look Tenno! You're just minutes away from shopping and stuff, that has totally been here the whole time. See, this empty ship is a legit hub world. With all these friendly neighbors, who haven't been turned yet by the voices in their heads. Want some help getting settled in your quarters? No pets, though. Kubrows in particular don't seem to like us very much. No idea why."

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    At least Zariman is less creepy than "Rap Tap Tap"/"Hey Kiddo"

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    I enjoy the creepiness, but more so the general aesthetic of the tileset in the zariman. I love the lost civilization of ancient science and magic feel as well as the overgrown jungle mixed with shiny high technology with all the chrome and glowing bits. It feels so good when I'm slowly searching through each map, as well as the housing experience. Feels like they knocked it out of the park quality wise from an aesthetic perspective.

edited May 2022
    I enjoy the creepiness, but more so the general aesthetic of the tileset in the zariman. I love the lost civilization of ancient science and magic feel as well as the overgrown jungle mixed with shiny high technology with all the chrome and glowing bits. It feels so good when I'm slowly searching through each map, as well as the housing experience. Feels like they knocked it out of the park quality wise from an aesthetic perspective.

That's cool. But it could use an influx of residents. Mission givers in Cetus and Fortuna talk about protecting people, a community, not merely a place. Which I find more compelling than another existential threat to the warframes or the operator. So maybe seed the place with some historians, archaeologists, and researchers fascinated by the Orokin era.

Plus some refugees fleeing the Grineer. "Everywhere we have fled, we have been pursued, Tenno. Beyond this, all that remains for us is void."

It can still be an eerie location. But more the Overlook Hotel in Spring, and less the Overlook Hotel in the dead of winter.

ArmsForPeace84 on
    I would even take Deimos over the Zariman.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I would even take Deimos over the Zariman.

whoa. whoa whoa whoa.
    let's not go crazy here.

While I've enjoyed all new content as it comes out, I really don't like the deimos look and feel, it's messy and mostly gross. There are a few exceptions but generally speaking I enjoy my time in other tilesets more

• Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular

That's cool. But it could use an influx of residents. Mission givers in Cetus and Fortuna talk about protecting people, a community, not merely a place. Which I find more compelling than another existential threat to the warframes or the operator. So maybe seed the place with some historians, archaeologists, and researchers fascinated by the Orokin era.

Plus some refugees fleeing the Grineer. "Everywhere we have fled, we have been pursued, Tenno. Beyond this, all that remains for us is void."

It can still be an eerie location. But more the Overlook Hotel in Spring, and less the Overlook Hotel in the dead of winter.

Yeah, my favorite mission types are Rescue, Defection (yes, really!), and the version of Defense where you're protecting an actual person and not just a cryopod. In other missions you're just murdering lots of people, but those missions make you feel like you're actually helping someone (by murdering lots of people).

I'd like a future update where they discover there are more surviving Holdfasts then we thought, and they could add those mission types to the Zariman.
    • Rescue — A Holdfast is hiding in a room filled with Thrax. Rescue them, then defeat a void angel before you can extract.
    • Defection — Rescue trapped Holdfasts from areas of the ship that are being overwhelmed by void energy. The longer the mission goes on, the more bizarre alterations of reality will occur.
    • Defense — Protect a Holdfast operative from waves of enemies. As with the above, the void will warp reality more and more as the mission goes on.

edited May 2022

Yeah, my favorite mission types are Rescue, Defection (yes, really!), and the version of Defense where you're protecting an actual person and not just a cryopod. In other missions you're just murdering lots of people, but those missions make you feel like you're actually helping someone (by murdering lots of people).

I'd like a future update where they discover there are more surviving Holdfasts then we thought, and they could add those mission types to the Zariman.
    • Rescue — A Holdfast is hiding in a room filled with Thrax. Rescue them, then defeat a void angel before you can extract.
    • Defection — Rescue trapped Holdfasts from areas of the ship that are being overwhelmed by void energy. The longer the mission goes on, the more bizarre alterations of reality will occur.
    • Defense — Protect a Holdfast operative from waves of enemies. As with the above, the void will warp reality more and more as the mission goes on.

I'm often wrong, so I won't be surprised if this turns out to be incorrect but it's my understanding that there are
    zero "surviving" holdfasts. They all died while doing the wrong thing in attempting to do the best thing in a bad situation. The folks we see and interact with are void ghosts so to speak, having been reconstructed by unknown processes of
    the void.

From the general voice clips and other background information I assume the
    ship is now populated by tenno, not simply the player alone. That's not very satisfying when you enjoy npc interaction and population but it does set my general feeling to that of a semi populated living area.

kralizecc on
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular

I'm often wrong, so I won't be surprised if this turns out to be incorrect but it's my understanding that there are
    zero "surviving" holdfasts. They all died while doing the wrong thing in attempting to do the best thing in a bad situation. The folks we see and interact with are void ghosts so to speak, having been reconstructed by unknown processes of
    the void.

From the general voice clips and other background information I assume the
    ship is now populated by tenno, not simply the player alone. That's not very satisfying when you enjoy npc interaction and population but it does set my general feeling to that of a semi populated living area.

Maybe. I haven't actually finished maxing out their rep yet, so I don't know if that's a tweest they throw at you when you reach the highest rank.

But whatever the Holdfasts are, they're the closest thing to people the Zariman has. Increasing their numbers seems like a worthy goal, whether that be by discovering new ones, restoring Void Angels back to their prior form, or just
    void-manifesting them into existence from our imaginations.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Deimos is single-handedly saved by Grandma

Awful open world, nothing there is vulnerable to viral so everything feels chunkier, hard to discern a writhing mass against the writhing mass, awful town NPCs, vaults are a pain

But I gotta get some hot goss to share with granny

VRXwDW7.png
    I find the Deimos NPCs fairly charming honestly
    interesting personalities

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.