As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    Dad just wants to hang out and work on his cardeath robot.

GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    and then there's Daughter, who is designed to push all the (hot) nerd-girl buttons...

• kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I was generally repulsed by the npc's attitudes, they came off as insanely entitled selfish crazy people. It's been a long while but other than the grandmother and father they all left a bad taste for me. I mean, I enjoyed playing through the story and thought it was well done but as people they're kindof scummy.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
    edited May 2022
    yes, well... they're Orokin.
    ("Mostly.")

Commander Zoom on
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    I actually like the zerg/tyranid/xenomorph archetype, so the grossness of Deimos doesn't bother me at all.

And the Entrati's dynamic is fun. They're the super-rich, super-dysfunctional family that lives in the mansion down the road from your neighborhood. And you're the weird neighbor kid that keeps coming over to visit. At first, they just pay you to do chores that they can't be bothered with. But then they get used to having you around, and it's like you're part of the family too.

The Ostron are more like business partners, and you become their favorite mercenary. The Solaris are like soldiers in a desperate war (against debt) who at first only see you as an ally of convenience who shares a common enemy, but later recognize you as a truly trustworthy friend. Warframe has done a good job of making the player's relationship with each faction feel slightly different.

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    It's not the grossness of Deimos that bothers me, really. It's how hard it is to visually parse anything there, particularly enemies vs terrain. But also terrain vs terrain often enough.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    yeah I don't care for the visual noise of deimos' wilderness much, still like the place more than fucking void ghost trauma ship

BahamutZERO.gif
    I enjoy sqidgy, alien physiognomy, tentacles, extra limbs etc. but asymmetrical tumors leaking what looks like pus (the result of infection, not simply a fluid byproduct of some physical attribute) isn't... fun. That said, my problem is mostly the visual confusion/obfuscation. Not simply that it's hard to parse but that it actively gets in the way. There are lots of things on deimos I like, visually, but in general I prefer the other tiles.

Fun is certainly at least partially a personal aesthetic, I think get it were you can without hurting anyone is a great idea. I have a hard time however, getting beyond the obvious awareness deranging selfishness of the deimos family, but there's still a lot to like for me there. Overall I think DE has done a fantastic job with all the factions.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I keep imagining Vay Hek ranting about the Thrax stealing the trademark on his toxin.

• ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Ranlin wrote: »
    It's not the grossness of Deimos that bothers me, really. It's how hard it is to visually parse anything there, particularly enemies vs terrain. But also terrain vs terrain often enough.

This. Also, repetitive landscapes, the feel of darting around a fishbowl when in archwing, and the fairly pointless Fass/Vome cycle. With Venus getting more Earthlike, Deimos falls even further behind in terms of diversity of terrain, and red orbs vs. blue orbs on the ground does nothing to change that.

I actually liked the way the Entrati leveling system worked, compared with the Ostrons and Solaris. So I put up with the aesthetics, though I ran Wukong a lot to let the Twin handle target acquisition.

ArmsForPeace84 on
    Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Yeah I loved the gross creepy look of Deimos, but hated how difficult it was to parse anything.

Pretty chunky triple Gift of the Lotus up: one for an Umbra Forma BP, one for 2x catalyst, and one for 2x reactor.

It would be neat if Deimos had noticeably different environments within itself.
    • A field of grassland that, upon closer inspection, turns out to be hair.
    • Bile Isle, a lump of flesh surrounded by a lake of stomach acid that gives you a corrosive proc if you touch it.
    • A swamp with toxic pools and roaming gas clouds.
    • A mountain range that's actually giant bone growths protruding from the ground.
    • A forest of trees with tentacles for trunks and feathers for leaves.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    • Bile Isle, a lump of flesh surrounded by a lake of stomach acid that gives you a corrosive proc if you touch it.
    • A mountain range that's actually giant bone growths protruding from the ground.

Yeah I kinda nope'd out of Deimos asap largely because of the color scheme.

None of the geography bothered me but the whole "everything is red, dark red, darker red, or darker daker red" got old pretty quickly.

I'm not a fan of the tv series, but the novels they based The Expanse show on are fantastic, I'd have loved to see a deimos similar to that So. Much.

• SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    i enjoyed the show and am now reading the books since the show just fucking stops and i gotta know what happened.
    currently on book 6.

oh... warframe... yeah. i'm very meh on this update. the ship is neat to explore but as has always been the case with me, everything that isn't warframes stuff is garbage.
    using operators is clunky and feels bad, same for every other mode of transport that's not a warframe.
    personally i don't care about the focus school stuff since i only use zenurik for power since, for NO REASON AT ALL, your warframe starts every mission with no juice, unless you waste a mod slot.
    i mean really, just jam a duracell up there or something.

basically i log in a couple times a week and fart around a lil and lament when i had loads of fun in warframe, but i'm sure a lot of that is me.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
    edited May 2022
    I love the books so much, the storytelling is pretty much perfect for what I enjoy and is exactly what I wanted in the interface of lost ancient alien high technology/civilizations with human society.

When I watch a series or movie based on an ip I like, I just want a movie or series version of that content, I don't give two shits about what story the shows creators want to tell or their vision. I'm usually disappointed obviously, and this series mischaracterizations of the main people felt like a personal insult as I really loved the written personalities.

I think if de could have stolen the protomolecule mechanics and look it would have been 10x better than the diemos we got.

kralizecc on
  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Yes, the Entrati are Orokin (AKA assholes) and they will grate on your nerves at first. But after you sort out all the family issues they do soften a bit. If you bother to listen to any of their dialog after you reach rank 5 you'll realize that they actually appreciate you for helping them. But if you never stop to actually hear what they say at rank 5 vs rank one you'll think that they never changed.

Don't get it all twisted though since they can still be hoity toity ... I'm looking at you Gomaitru ... but they actually act a little human. Considering that they are Orokin ... well ... that's asking A LOT.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Except brother. He can go fuck himself for yelling at me whenever a random critter gets exploded by somebody.

Ranlin wrote: »
    Except brother. He can go fuck himself for yelling at me whenever a random critter gets exploded by somebody.

The Biz is the only one who throws a hissy fit over it. Master Teasonai reacts with understanding and solemn acceptance, and Son is all passive aggression and sarcasm.

It's just that you're much less likely to accidentally murder an animal in the the vastness of Orb Vallis than in the vertically-oriented Cambion Drift.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Orb vallis and the Plains have enemies that don’t tend to attack wildlife on sight. If a critter is killed it’s from flying between me throwing a baseball and the Grineer I was aiming at.

The Drift? I’m doing my own thing when wildlife pickup icons pop up 500 meters away from completely unrelated nonsense. I can’t protect them even if I was on my game.

VRXwDW7.png
    he specifically only yells at you if they get killed completely, not just downed, but lol if you can tell a predasyte or those little exploding weevils apart from the hordes of regular enemies

BahamutZERO.gif
  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    The ones that grate on my nerves are the ones trying to play hero while I'm blending my Deimos Smoothie ... RUDE. I mean I had it set on puree so I wouldn't stick my hand in there to fish out a goober. So disrespectful, am I right?

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    daily limits on faction standing cap, my old nemesis... we meet again......

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    daily limits on faction standing cap, my old nemesis... we meet again......

This one felt the most painful, I think perhaps because I enjoyed getting the faction things more than any of the others so far. Felt like a jarring hiccup having to wait.

edited May 2022
    You know, now that I think about it I'm surprised they don't let you pay plat to reset the daily standing cap

I'd never use it but it feels in line with the other sorts of terrible timer skipping microtransactions they have around crafting.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Counterpoint: I like it when "no go do something else FFS" systems exist. I will cheerfully burn out on content to "finish" it, and sometimes I need to be told "no no. Stop for now. Eat or drink or blink or something."

Agreed, the pay to skip time mechanics in crafting serve an entirely different purpose than the daily caps, though they do all involve time.

I mean, the purpose of the skip microtransactions in crafting is to provide a revenue stream for DE...

BahamutZERO.gif
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I don't have any numbers to prove it but I would put money on the primary use of plat being for trading with other players, forma bundles, and boosters.

Literally everyone I've talked to about crafting has been "Oh, no, you should never spend plat on crafting timers. That's insane, who would even do that?"

in practice, sure, but the build timers and the plat sinks to skip them remain a thing they have in the game

BahamutZERO.gif
    probably because at this point, it'd cost more to take them out of the code...

edited May 2022
    Yeah, I could believe that, given that they have leaned away from that style of more predatory microtransaction since, like when they got rid of their accidental gambling machine with the original implementation of pet breeding.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    I decided that I didn't care what happened to the drift critters when I was standing still, mining a node, when some idiot critter walked directly into my beam, killing it instantly and ruining the mining node.

And then Son yelled at me.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    It helps that progression is so horizontal, meaning that you're rarely stuck behind a timer before you can progress.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    100% saw multiple people mention blowing plat on rushing new equipment day 1 of new content

VRXwDW7.png
    it happens for sure of course, I've probably spent a few hundred rushing things, as apposed to 10 thousand on forma, catalysts etc

TBF after a while, except for slots, you run out of things to use plat on. I don't exactly dump money into the game, but the odd prime/accessories pack here and there tends to add up in terms of your plat pile.

Unrelated, I am becoming very fond of the Laetum, and unexpectedly the Praedos. I really like the Ceti Lacera for melee, but good lord do the Praedos shred things... The Incarnon primary I can never remember the name of is really nice, as in it feels good to use, but it just can't keep up with a Tenet Arca Plasmor. (TBF, what the hell can?)

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Well. Just got my Incarnon pistol&rifle to max tier. That last tier makes them insanely powerful.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    Well. Just got my Incarnon pistol&rifle to max tier. That last tier makes them insanely powerful.

Little bit! The pistol evolved form is just so good.

I know a guy who never rushes unless the plat cost of rushing is in the single digits, in which case he always rushes because he thinks that’s super funny.

This discussion has been closed.