As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker! patch 6.2 out

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I will never stop being salty the male Roe with probably the biggest role in the MSQ we'll ever get got smacked with the Amano stick so hard he just looked like a big hyur

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    There's notably plenty of roegadyn in the far east along with hyurs and au ra, and no elezen, miqo'te or lalafell except travelers.

Which lines up with the migratory patterns we know of.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2022
    the roegadyn leader of the ruby sea pirates is the single most handsome man in the game, don't @ me

He's not even Mr. Congeniality with Erenville and Hyth around.

A duck! on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    And FFXIV artists love them, so you can hit up Twitter and drink your fill of very pretty men.

Much harder, though not impossible, to find art of Rasho.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    For the longest time, I thought Raubahn was a male roe instead of a highlander guy, simply because he’s huge, and is very attractive and… disarming.

(I find most male highlander npc’s to look like cavemen)

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    male highlander faces have a problem where they all look like generic anime bad guy caricatures
    it'd help if any of them had eyebrows probably, the best you can do is using the eyebrow facepaint

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Took a month later than expected, but there we go. Now time to go figure out which exterior decorations look proper up here.
    FPglnw1.jpg

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    A duck! wrote: »
    the roegadyn leader of the ruby sea pirates is the single most handsome man in the game, don't @ me

Straight up Erenville's lips had me sweatin a bit durin those cutscenes.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    A duck! wrote: »

Those two are pretty, rather than handsome. Rasho is definitely on the far end of the handsome scale compared to most npcs.

It's an important distinction.

Aymeric is the exception by being both pretty and handsome, though.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Highlander Marilyn Manson will remember that.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

This is a perfect example because this guy is freaking out because he sees the person who killed his older brother, and the entire scene makes it seem like he's a child

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Look, life was REALLY rough for people in occupied Ala Mhigo.

That boy is only 8 years old!

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    With those fucking suspenders as well. What were they thinking?

• Options
    who dressed this large child

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    Look, life was REALLY rough for people in occupied Ala Mhigo.

That boy is only 8 years old!

Cut my life into pieces
    This is my last resort

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I did ultimate weapon unreal with a summoner and forgot to set graphics to limited

it's like playing hard hard mode

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    I love the design of the first 'bad guy' you meet in the MSQ after you leave your home city. This game can never have enough pompadours.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    So a certain Endwalker character shares a Japanese voice actor with Anya from the currently airing anime, Spy x Family. So of course, someone made some artwork:

(Spoilers for a character that appears in Endwalker and a scene in the latest Spy x Family episode):
    ATBjWjf.jpg

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Sometimes you just end up in a party with seven people in maid outfits. And then have a tea party.

r1kvx58vtd26.png

n4v3me7eui0z.png

• Options
    it do be like that

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Yoshi-P did an interview for the FFXI 20th anniversary celebration with the current producer of FFXI: https://we-are-vanadiel.finalfantasyxi.com/post/?id=367&lang=en
    Part one out now, part 2 on the 30th

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Echo wrote: »
    Sometimes you just end up in a party with seven people in maid outfits. And then have a tea party.

r1kvx58vtd26.png

n4v3me7eui0z.png
    This is exactly what the game was designed for.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Fanart of a set of NPCs from the 5th Zone of Endwalker

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    The amount of content that is behind blue quests that randomly unlock after MSQ progress is kind of crazy. There's some place called Bozja and a Stormblood equivalent that I just never unlocked, apparently (I'm on 5.2 MSQ). And there's a whole series of trials behind some 70 dungeon that I missed. They could use some better signposting.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    The official music video for Flow got posted.

• Options
    captaink wrote: »
    The amount of content that is behind blue quests that randomly unlock after MSQ progress is kind of crazy. There's some place called Bozja and a Stormblood equivalent that I just never unlocked, apparently (I'm on 5.2 MSQ). And there's a whole series of trials behind some 70 dungeon that I missed. They could use some better signposting.

Generally worth it to do every blue quest marker, but yes there's a lot of content out there. Eureka (for Stormblood) Bozja (for Shadowbringers) are absolutely optional side content, especially now that we're at 6.1. I would ignore that stuff until you've got nothing more pressing or interesting to do. Both places tell interesting stories, but also require you to spend many hours in the same zone grinding out special currencies and levels and it's just not that great.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Stray thoughts/questions as I've been leveling DPS jobs up to 50:

Dragoon: Finally gets a good 1st/2nd combo at like 46 when it gets the DoT jab after the damage buff jab, and another oGCD jump that does AOE damage. Not sure where it goes from here.

Monk: Also finally gets a full 1st/2nd 3-hit combo around 50. However looking ahead it looks like I've not unlocked the crazy meta stuff with sun and moon chakras and stances.

Ninja: I really like the flexibility of mudras. Although when I unlocked the third one, despite giving me 4 new combos (the new 2 mudra one and all the 3 mudra ones) only two seemed useful: Huton and the one that lets me fake-Hide. Are the others used at all? The ice one has less potency than Raiton and a debuff that seems like it'd only be useful on bosses that are likely immune to it. And the AoE DoT I've laid down a few times but I suspect just doing my fire bomb is more effective.
    I have questions about my rotation but I think it changes a lot very soon, I see a lot of skills that give/extend Huton, so I'm thinking I don't need to cast it with Mudras generally?
    Kassatsu: lets me execute a ninjutsu without expending the mudras. I assume I set up Raiton, hit this, then Raiton twice?

Bard: Actually a few levels past 50 now, you get the 3rd song at 52. I think that made the difference, and getting their short-cooldown oGCD big damage arrow shot. Before that it was not enough to do between waiting for Straight Shot to proc. Maybe also getting an MMO mouse so hitting Straight Shot and the oGCD shot wasn't as awkward. I guess they're the weirdos that don't have a 3-hit basic combo.

Machinist: Do they ever hold their gun right? Spread Shot is just sweeping a musketoon-looking gun right to left one handed, which looks stupid. They don't seem to have any offhand equipment, why don't they hold their rifle like a rifle? Or make the models look more like a handgun? Anyways, I like them other than that. I'm only level 40 here so I don't have a whole lot going on yet. When I hypercharge, it seems like I should Heat Blast/Gauss Round as much as I can for the duration, instead of trying to fit in my regular rotation?

Once I finish Machinist I'll either do BLM+Healers or Tanks (PLD and DRK, WAR is already high level)

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Oh yeah, MCH is ridiculous. Just a lot of dancing around going pew pew pew and it makes zero sense. I like Irvine in FFVIII, but MCH is more like a Dancer with a bunch of weapons outlawed under the Geneva convention.

Aldo on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Yeah, when you hypercharge you just mash that Heat Blast. You should get 5 blasts in before hypercharge runs out. Later you'll get Auto-Crossbow which is the AoE to hit during the charge

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Did they make realm reborn leveling faster?

Because I'm up too level 18 already in like a couple days

• Options
    Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I believe there's an active XP bonus when your at levels lower than the current expansion so people can catch up quicker. Think they also raised the xp reward for quests

Shenl742 on
    FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • Options
    Shenl742 wrote: »
    I believe there's an active XP bonus when your at levels lower than the current expansion so people can catch up quicker. Think they also raised the xp reward for quests

Yeah, you can do mostly MSQ with very little side questing and still keep up with MSQ level requirements. Especially if you keep up with the daily leveling roulette bonus.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Eventually you get a trait that makes Kassatsu make the Ice ninjutsu gain a huge potency buff if you use the freebie cast on it. Until then, no its a dead ability. The wind one, you eventually get abilities to extend the buff duration, so ideally you'll only ever cast it once at the start of the boss fight. There's also a weapon skill that applies the buff in the 90s? I haven't leveled NIN past 80 at all yet though so idk how that fits in the rotation really.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's quite a bit faster. Don't worry about wasting MSQ experience though.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    What's msq?

• Options
    Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    Main scenario quests. So the story quests.

FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • Options
    What's msq?

Main Scenario Quest, the main plotline -- the quests with the meteor icon, that you also can track in the top left.

This discussion has been closed.