As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pax West Announcements

SirUberNoobPwnrSirUberNoobPwnr Registered User regular
Hello Everyone,

Former Pax South attendee here. I was curious when Pax West is typically announced? Thanks friends.

cqcb3p99yvzy.png

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    probably not until after pax east concludes

• Options
    FrontMFanFrontMFan Registered User new member
    Agreed. They don’t want to draw attention away from one event with the promise of another. I’d say it’s likely we’ll hear stuff right after, given that it’s about the same span of time between then and Pax West as it was between East and Pax U plugged.

• Options
    every day's greatevery day's great Registered User regular
    So, ah, does that mean that the PAX West paranoia season has begun?

The PAX twitter account does seem to be eerily silent at the moment...

• Options
    7ucky7ucky Registered User regular
    Based on 2018 & 2019 (PAX West ticket sales from the Before Times™), we should hear something at the end of May. In 2018, they hit on May 31, and in 2019, they hit on May 30. Last year, I think they were released the first week of June.

pvleevc2o4pj.png
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Very surprisingly, pax_questions finally got back to me (after many months of unresponsiveness) and confirmed that PAX West 2021 attendees will be eligible for a discount/presale for West 2022 badges. They also told me that I should have received an email about it (presumably when a bunch of other people did, back in September during the Omegathon) which of course I never did (kept checking spam box, etc..) I have provided my original purchase receipt to them, so hopefully they will be able to sort it out.

every day's great on
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    The site hasn't been updated to "soon" yet so I assume we still have a bit of time. Also no word yet on whether Dev will be a thing this year, though dev.paxsite.com is still dead which doesn't seem like a good sign.

every day's great on
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I just noticed that the PAX West image on west.paxsite.com still shows large Xbox and PlayStation booths. If only....

every day's great on
  • Options
    FrontMFan wrote: »
    Pax U plugged.
    My brain was like "what is this? I want to know more!"

• Options
    PavioPavio Registered User regular
    I'm maybe concerned for this year... this is what's up on True Dungeon's site about this year:

https://truedungeon.com/pax-west
    "PAX West 2022
    Events presented on September 2 - September 4, 2022

Due to the expansion construction at the convention site, space is very limited for the convention. We will not be attending PAX West in 2022, but we plan a big expansion in 2023."

I would love to know the convention's footprint this year. I thought the new addition was separate, but are they also doing something to the old WSCC? Or.. is it just that they're going to fill the convention center to normal standards so there's no place for extras until 2023?

I did get the e-mail back in September but haven't heard anything since, so I'm guessing it's still in the works.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options
    BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    I just noticed that the PAX West image on west.paxsite.com still shows large Xbox and PlayStation booths. If only....

Maybe they will return this year!!

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Does anyone have word on when our presale will happen for 2021 attendees yet?

From the email last year:

"We'll be sharing more details in the coming year but until then, know that we're honored to have fans as dedicated as you"

Maybe they meant next year as in 2023? lol

Bluemeane on
    jj0mqt5d2a94.png

• Options
    I will add this, I do hope that they still require vaccinations, or negative tests again this year. There are new versions out, and coming, some not as nice as the most recent 'soft' ones, and it would be best policy. Lets hope!

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Bluemeane wrote: »
    Does anyone have word on when our presale will happen for 2021 attendees yet?

From the email last year:

"We'll be sharing more details in the coming year but until then, know that we're honored to have fans as dedicated as you"

Maybe they meant next year as in 2023? lol
    I still haven't received the email or any more info, though I got a support ticket acknowledgment from pax_questions at least.

BTW site has been updated and now says "Registration Opens Soon."

Soon™

every day's great on
  • Options
    RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    Site has been updated, and it says that registration opens on June 16th.

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    RavenHusky wrote: »
    I just noticed this.

So when was the last year they pre-announced the registration date for West?

I guess they are expecting another mini-PAX?

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Some West 2021 attendees on the PAX community discord received an announcement email today about a 25% discount and presale for West 2021 attendees, starting on June 6th.

Others (myself included) still haven't received any information (although I did get a support ticket acknowledgment from pax_questions.)

every day's great on
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    I just noticed this.

Last year was pre-announced as well. I'd suspect this this will happen until they start selling out again.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    I just noticed this.

Last year was pre-announced as well. I'd suspect this this will happen until they start selling out again.
    Let me clarify my question: when was the last year they pre-announced the registration date for West?

What I remember for West 2021 (last year) was they said "in the next two weeks" and also tweeted a clue before the actual registration tweet, but they didn't actually pre-announce the registration date. Am I forgetting something?

My guess would be that this is the first actual pre-announced registration date for West since it was renamed PAX West, but that some Prime or earlier Seattle area PAX incarnations may have had pre-announced registration dates.

every day's great on
  • Options
    pax_questions finally got back to me and said that I should be receiving information about the discount/presale for West 2021 attendees soon (hopefully before June 6th.)

• Options
    Im so excited! We've all been waiting for this! RIP Pax South but super stoked to check out West and Seattle.

cqcb3p99yvzy.png
  • Options
    I am SO happy that they are requiring BOTH full vaccinations AND a mask to be worn again this year. Will make myself and SO many other attendees feel safe and happy to attend this year!!!

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

• Options
    ddt58ddt58 Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I just got the email for the pre-sale for people who attended last year. The discount code doesn't appear to work the way the email says though. If I buy two 4-day passes, I would get a $117 discount, while two single day passes for all 4 days would give only a $31 discount. The email I got seemed to say that I could get the same discount if I got another 4-day pass or four consecutive single day passes. I sent an email to Reedpop to see what they say.

• Options
    jdwjdw Registered User regular
    ddt58 wrote: »
    I just got the email for the pre-sale for people who attended last year. The discount code doesn't appear to work the way the email says though. If I buy two 4-day passes, I would get a $117 discount, while two single day passes for all 4 days would give only a $31 discount. The email I got seemed to say that I could get the same discount if I got another 4-day pass or four consecutive single day passes. I sent an email to Reedpop to see what they say.

The discount is based on number of badges. If you bought two last year, you get the discount on any two badges. Two sets of four single days is eight badges; you'd only get the discount on two of them.

TylKYeQ.png
  • Options
    ddt58ddt58 Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So if I bought 4 single day badges last year, I can buy 4 badges with discount but if I bought 1 four day badge I can only get one? That makes very little sense.

• Options
    PavioPavio Registered User regular
    Got my badges! It is too bad though that I could only get 2 sets since I have a 3rd coming this year, but, still good. Also got the hotel already at the Sheraton which is nice to have already.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options
    davobahdavobah Registered User regular
    Badge acquired, woo!

ewk6x7oeylli.png
  • Options
    Pavio wrote: »
    Got my badges! It is too bad though that I could only get 2 sets since I have a 3rd coming this year, but, still good. Also got the hotel already at the Sheraton which is nice to have already.

You can buy more than you got last year.... Just not get the discount. Last year I went alone (Bought one badge set), but this year I am taking my kid as a graduation gift, and so bought two sets....

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Bobcats have been purchased. B)
    (I did have to email them again but they finally resent the link.)
    Probably my one chance ever to stay in the Sheraton, but I decided to go back to the Grand Hyatt because it's what I'm used to and slightly cheaper, haha.

every day's great on
  • Options
    My full event tickets, hotel, and flights are all purchased. I'm so excited for this. When does the vender/Expo hall map typically come out? I'm going solo on this trip, all my friends backed out. So if anyone wants to hang or knows of cool spots (first time at West/Seattle) hit me up. I'd be down to partyyy. :)

cqcb3p99yvzy.png
  • Options
    Also, anyone remember how to add/delete/edit the event flags in our signature lines? I need to update mine obviously.

cqcb3p99yvzy.png
  • Options
    Also, anyone remember how to add/delete/edit the event flags in our signature lines? I need to update mine obviously.
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/206774/pax-forum-signature-mini-badges#latest
    the most current version appears to be here: https://remyjette.github.io/PAXSignatureGenerator/
    although it's not updated to include west 2022 yet

• Options
    RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    If the flags don't exist, I just updated mine by using MS Paint and it worked fairly well :)

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • Options
    LuthyrMagnusLuthyrMagnus Registered User regular
    Hey, for the vaccine requirement, what sort of documentation do they want... as a Canadian I have a federal proof of vaccine form that lists what vaccine I got an when, I am assuming that will suffice?

Thanks

• Options
    Hey, for the vaccine requirement, what sort of documentation do they want... as a Canadian I have a federal proof of vaccine form that lists what vaccine I got an when, I am assuming that will suffice?

Thanks
    https://west.paxsite.com/en-us/health-and-safety/health-and-safety-guidelines.html
    This is the info we have at the moment
    I would expect that would qualify, but am not an official rep.

• Options
    Testing badges. :)

cqcb3p99yvzy.png