As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D ?E] The Vastness Beyond - Drossmire

1272830323344

Posts

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+1 Survivorman (Gruush)

    Survivorman (Gruush):
    1d20+1 7 [1d20=6]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Arthur

    Gebinon hurries (so not particularly) into their shell as you pose your question. They return after a minute with a tiny piece of pink glass on one of their eye stalks.

    “I see. An executioner’s axe. How crude. I believe it must be enchanted so the executioner cannot put the axe down until the deed, as it were, is done.”

    “Without a defined, shall we say, target, perhaps any living thing will do. I warn you though, centuries under the corrupting influence of undeath… and perhaps long before that… might yield uneasy results from such action.”

    “In lighter matters, could I have a book to read? I know you found a trove and I am delighted at the prospect. I may be a snail but I am quite the book worm!”

    Naniwa, the blind lady, crooks her neck over to him, “He’s terrible at jokes, bless him.”



    Kirina & Gruush

    Between you both, you hunt down a fair few things. Herbs, fish, a rabbit, all healthy. Enough to eat this evening to be sure, and more besides. A few ingredients too, for future use.

    A day’s work:
    • 1 ration for each member of the party.
    • 1 full waterskin for each member of the party.
    • 2 x two-headed dragonflies
    • 4 x Ethel’s snowdrop flowers
    • 2 x lavender bundles
    • 2 x stevia leaf bundles

    You become aware that stevia grows in great quantities just north of the belfry. If it is ever required as an ingredient, you always have enough. Stevia is a natural edible sweetener. You don’t know it to have particularly grand uses.



    AustinP0027mrpaku
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    Arthur nods solemnly. "I guess I knew that but was hoping for another answer."

    He looks back up at the mention of a book. "Oh, absolutely! I'll go get you one. I've been meaning to dig into them myself today, certainly some interesting titles."

    Arthur wanders off to the book collection they found, grabbing Maashram & the Lily for Gebinon . He grabs The Glories of the First Dusk for himself and after dropping the book off to Gebinon, takes a spot on a comfortable seat to read while the others mill around, only casually annoyed that he has to flip the pages with one hand.

    AustinP0027 on
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited May 15
    At daybreak Simon began rushing around. He was absolutely pleased with himself for the first time in a very long time but there was still much to do. He anticipated that the rest of the group would be ready to leave on their next excursion within the day so there was no time to spare. Not even for sleep. That was fine. His sleeping habits had never been all that consistent in the first place... Although he's supposed now that he was a spellcaster that might matter a bit more.

    a new spell AND Secret information about my cool sword? Must be my birthday. Coincidentally the one first level spell I'm allowed to take from any school was going to be identify so I'm considering that a free casting. I have many people to talk to for this game day so I'm going to start with figuring out what my first familiar is going to be. Also a not totally unrelated question: If Arthur were to kill my familiar would that count as a living thing? Or is that something that we'd need to try?

    Geth roll 1d6 for body
    Geth roll 1d6 for head
    Geth roll 1d6 for personality

    Edit oh boy I was afraid I was going to get the weird old man head. Very disconcerting.

    body:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]
    head:
    1d6 1 [1d6=1]
    personality:
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]

    nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
    mrpakukime
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 15
    Simon

    A voice rasps from beside your ear, “You really ought to look after yourself better.”

    3cxx4mnv6i91.png

    On your shoulder is a white raven with the head of an old deformed man. You know his name is Imnos. You know he is gentle and slothful.

    They use the raven stat block.

    Your character from now on, play them however you like.

    About the axe: You’d have to try it out, if you dare.


    Endless_Serpents on
    kimemrpakuAustinP0027
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    Alive! Will be able to post later today.

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited May 15
    Before nestling in to read from the new book that evening, Gruush first seeks out the others, to hand out freshly-salted Rations to everyone among the Belfry’s band:

    KIRINA

    He finds the Cleric first, taking stock of her own foraging and food gathering for the day, and nods approvingly, adding his own directly into the pile. “Thanks’ fer the help! Weren’t able to catch nearly thur’ fish I thought in the noontime, so looks as though you covered the difference for us.”

    “Listen,” he adds quietly, trying to remain unheard by the others. “Ye’ met Ben the Blacksmith? The Big Fella, with thur’ hammer? Well, he had nothing good ta’ say bout Drossmire….warned us to stay well away from tha’ place. Don’t change nuffin’ fer’ me, but I thought someone else should know…”

    As Gruush goes to leave the room, he turns back once more to the cleric. “Errr…ummm…just wanted to say, I ‘ppreciate a Lady o’ Light keepin’ an eye on us mere ruffians. Taint’ much, but fer’ what little it’s worth, it’s helped me rest much easier out ere’.” With an awkward bow, the Rogue departs the room…

    SIMON

    Evil-Eyed Gruush creeps up on Simon as he practices magic within his room, taking several minutes to carefully decide to enter the doorway. He finds his motivation during a rare moment when the Wytch-Knight finally puts down his sword, and makes sure to loudly cough and stomp the floor before entering bearing the wrapped ration.

    The Rogue slows immediately as he sees the bird with the Old Man’s face turn his head to stare at him. “Dear Mother of Gods,” Gruush says, making a small religious handsign along his chest and neck. “What is that thing?”

    He won’t come near the “bird”, and looks around the place as though expecting to be blasted from the sky for blasphemy. Quietly, he whispers, “Sign’ o the Beast!...”

    Placing the foodstuff on a nearby table, he clears his throat once more. “Errr…ummmm….so, how’d it go wit’ the scroll?” he tentatively inquires. “Figure out what ye’ needed?” After a beat, he adds slightly quieter, “Say, when ye’ came in this morning, ye’ didn’t….see anything, did ye?”

    Simon, as an aside, begins describing his conscription with the Knights: his visions, his hallucinations, hearing voices. Gruush, silently digging himself into the doorframe, simply nods along, eyes wide beneath the Mask. “….huh,” he finally contributes after a long while. “Well…I mean, ye’ probably should talk ter’ someone learned’ about all that. Like the Snail, er’…yeah, I don’t…” Gruush scratches the back of his neck as a means to look away, and tugs at the beard upon the Mask like he’s trying to pull it off. “…that’s rough, buddy…”

    The touched man makes Gruush very uncomfortable in his mania. Slowly slinking out the door, he nods towards the Wytch-Knight scroll. “Look, why don’t you, urr, keep an eye on the scroll for me. And, ummm, next time ye’ find yourself hearing or seeing things, you don’t forget your good friend Evil-Eyed Gruush, okay?”

    SOLOMON

    Gruush had seen Solomon with the stick and dirt earlier that day as he travelled in and out of the Belfry. He comes upon him now sketching a familiar looking knight into a journal, the line work and detail fairly breathtaking. He watches for a while , fascinated by the man’s ability to bring life to the page.

    He finally creeps up over the man’s shoulder. “Been’ watching you!” He says into the man’s ear (not unkindly) as he delivers the wrapped ration onto the floor nearby. “Since thur’ Sunken City. Found something there, didn’t cha’?” Gruush’s voice is knowing. “Change er’ perspective? New purpose? I seen it there, in your eyes since we been back…”

    Evil-Eyed Gruush suddenly looks around, disconcerted. “Say, where’d that sword o’ yours go? The big un’?” He laughs, a deep belly chuckle that rattles the mask on his face. “Bet ye’ took a lot o’ heads with that thing!” Discovering that the greatsword had been broken down by Ben, Gruush’s shoulders sink down noticeably. “Ahhh! Well. That’s disappointing, then. But, good on ye’, I suppose…”

    ARTHUR

    “Heya there, boy!” Gruush shouts playfully as he enters Arthur’s room. “Bout’ dinnertime! Got some vittles here, for ya…wanted to know if ye needed help cuttin’ em’, er if you and the Axe had it taken care o' it all by yerselves!"

    Sitting down uninvited in the lad's room, Gruush finds a seat and some small time to rest. With a deep sigh he draws his mask up halfway in front of the boy, chowing down. He chews for awhile, before remarking, "Yer' curious. Like that bout' you. But gotta be more careful....in one day, magics rocked yer hand...tied ye' to an axe..."

    He taps the Mask, right where the nose would be. "Lost me snout, one time, diggin'in where I shouldn't...learned a lesson bout farmer's barns, but iffen' I could I'd still trade fer me nose back!..."

    ALZAV

    Gruush knocks on Alzav’s door, the ration in hand. “Ahh!” he says, pointing to the hung Golden Buckler. “Like yer’ decor, friend! Starting ta look like a home around here a bit, ain’t it?”

    “Saw thur’ fancy cat out there in the hall too!” he continues happily, strolling inside and sitting down for a moment. “S’good eye, Sorcerer…nearly grabbed it meself there back in the vault! I’ve always liked cats…” Gruush says, his head tipping ever so slightly and his voice sounding far-away. “Thur’ solitude. Sense o’ dignity. Way they ken’ walk up a roof…”

    One time,” he tells Alzav in confidence. “I got locked in ur’ massive underground building fer bout two, three weeks. Big, warehouse-masoleum thing. Ran out o’ resources after bout… eh, maybe a day or so. Only thing I could find ter eat fore’ I starved was a pack o’ wild cats. Stringy things. Barely worth the effort. And bony…like they’s trying to get their revenge, even after yas cooked em’!”

    “Anyway,” he closes, laughing at the memory, “Love cats!”

    mrpaku on
    kimeZomroAustinP0027fadingathedges
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Just a clarifier, bird is Simon's.

    Arthur doesn't actually have Find Familiar

    mrpakuEndless_Serpents
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited May 15
    Just a clarifier, bird is Simon's.

    Arthur doesn't actually have Find Familiar

    Thanks for the heads up! :#

    Okay, now that it's all cleared up, it would make perfect sense that Simon's inhuman bird would be off putting to Gruush!

    mrpaku on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Just chiming in to say I love that Gruush and Simon are so odd that Alzav, Oudru descended telepathic sorcerer can just cruise along with the party as one of the normal ones.

    AustinP0027mrpakunightmarenny
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Arthur looks up from book as Gruush enters. "Thank you." He says as the other man delivers food.

    He sheepishly looks down at his hand as Gruush lightly chastises him, his other hand shifting uncomfortably where he has the axe siting beside him. "I guess you're right. I should probably be more careful."

    Arthur is silent for a moment, looking down at his book, before he looks back up. "Gruush, how long have you been here? Inside the veil I mean?"

  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited May 15
    To Gruush:

    "I didn't.... see anything?" Simon said with a bit of confusion. He remembered a flash of flesh but hadn't processed it at the time. He hadn't realized he had shaken Gruush awake until hours after. Very embarrassing. "I will remember, Gruush. I cannot say how much this meant to me. If you need anything...."

    A moment of awkward silence seemed to overtake the moment and then Gruush was gone.

    To Arthur:

    Simon came upon Arthur and Gruush speaking soon after Gruush left his room.

    "I might have a solution to your problem, Arthur." Simon shoved his left arm with the strange Raven-with-an-old-mans-face right at Arthur.

    "Imnos here offers his first life in the name of freeing you from your curse."

    Quick update on my character sheet. My vitals are currently updated on DND Beyond but I'm not having a good experience with it so currently working on a paper character sheet.

    nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Solomon is surprised when Gruush sneaks behind him, but years of military discipline has him show no outward sign. "I have to get used to how quiet your steps are, Gruush. There are cats that make more noise than you."

    Solomon gratefully takes the prepared rations and thanks the masked man. "A new purpose? You're not wrong, per se, but I think it's more accurate to say that I refound an old one. There's a comfort in being a simple soldier fighting alongside companions rather than commanding others. And that includes you, Gruush. For all of your... eccentricities, you have valiantly fought alongside us so far."

  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    ARTHUR

    Gruush hesitates in the doorway for a long while at the Wizard’s question. At first, Arthur isn’t sure if the man is ignoring him, hadn’t heard, or is just lost deeply within thoughts of his own, but after what must nearly be a full minute, the Mask finally responds:

    Hard ter’ keep track ere’ the days, in here. Sometimes I’m up a dozen suns without but a few winks, an’ sometimes I wake up shivering, starving. Can’t tell as’ how I landed, an’ the world an’ seasons moved around me. I’d say…at least a couple months? May’ve been as long as bout’….seven, maybe?” Gruush pulls on his beard in thoughtful reflection. “Kept track of em’ at first, but after awhile, it jest didn’t seem important anymore. Ain’t ever going back.”

    Evil-Eyed Gruush now talks as much to himself as to Arthur. “Was on my own fer a long while past thur Veil. An’ then, fer a little while I wasn’t…” His voice is wistful, and even through the mask, Arthur can tell Gruush is smiling ear to ear right now. ”Proper pack o’ hounds, we was! Iffin’ ye’d seen it… looked just like our crew at the Battle of Ourdru couple days ago! And then,” Gruush’s mood turns instantly dark. He gives a sickened shake of his head, staring sidelong at Arthur’s axe. “Then we weren’t anymore…”

    “...After that I got “lost” fer awhile. Wandered the moors. ‘Ventually found I’d come back to the way I’d first come in, then in the fog I stumbled on you an thur others.” Gruush grunts sadly, surprised at himself. “Ye ain’t no child…ye do what ye want, just…don’t go getting you or da’ udders killed fer it. S’all I’m saying. Please.”

    SIMON

    Gruush is hesitant if eager to believe that his visage had remained unseen, but decides not to press his good fortune in an attempt to more quickly get out of the room. But before he goes, in a rare show of intimacy, he raises his face high enough for the Wytch-Knight to make out his yellow and blue eyes within the Mask. Holding eye contact for but a brief moment, he says “I thank ye’, Simon! Er’…. ye’ wanna pay me back..next time one ur’ the “voices” start in…any chance ye’ ken run it by Kirina or Solomon, first?” Not checking to note the response, Gruush quickly thereafter he turns to leave, making a wide arc around the bird before defensively closing the door behind himself with a final small wave goodbye.


    SOLOMON

    He knew I was here ten seconds ago, Gruush thinks to himself in quiet amazement. And I’ve made not a sound nor a sight. No simple soldier or hired killer, at that

    “’Ppreciate the flattery, one professional to another! Ken’ tell ye’ seen more en’ yer’ share of action!” The Rogue says with swelling pride, now walking up to the former Executioner and crouching next to him upon the floor watching the fire. “Hrrm. I do this cos it’s what I’m good at….it’s what I’ve always done, only thing. Iffin’ I didn’t do this…” Gruush ponders the strange thought, trailing off and never returning to Solomon with an answer afterwards.

    “Course’,” he adds after a long time, “Been better bout’ the whos and the whys since I got out here past the Veil. I mean, like to think.” Staring down at the floor in consternation, Gruush’s twiddles his thumbs, having a mild existential crisis. With a slight stammer, he tries to explain his thoughts to the touched gentleman, twitching nervously a bit, “It’s in kind like wit’, yer greatsword, I think? Some things, ye’ ken try en throw em’ away with all yer might, but no matter how hard ye’ try, ye find it by yer sidejust the same, waiting for ye'…”

    AustinP0027
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Arthur almost looks sad when Gruush admits he's been in the Veil for months. His eyes glance over at his book, resting under his pillow before looking back to Gruush. "Thank you for your honestly, Gruush. I ask, well, because..."

    Simon interrupts them at this point. Shoving something in his face, Arthur recoils back for a moment. He composes himself then peers at the familiar more. It's a strange beast. Arthur is aware of the spell that summons one of these, even if he hasn't ever learned them spell himself, and this isn't usually what it looks like.

    With that, it takes him a moment to realize what Simon had said and was offering. After a moment of looking between the axe and the strange familiar, Arthur finally responds. "I'm....not sure that would work. The axe is clearly cursed and is an executioner axe. It likely needs someone who deserves some sort of punishment, or at the least, something that isn't pure magic."

    He looks back at the axe again. "Besides, I was warned that it might have been corrupted, so I might permanently injure your new familiar if it's corruption is deep. So, no Simon. Thank you, but I will need to find another way."

    mrpaku
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited May 16
    "Yes, it does seem a bit more . . . lived in." Alzav nods down the stairs to the golden buckler on the armory door. "Little things matter a great deal, sometimes."

    "Cats bring luck, if you don't eat them. And they kill vermin - stops disease, wizard spying. You should keep one around next time you meet some, see how it goes for you. I'm hoping the sage will be able to study it, and tell us more."

    Just chiming in to say I love that Gruush and Simon are so odd that Alzav, Oudru descended telepathic sorcerer can just cruise along with the party as one of the normal ones.
    Yeah I totally had expected to be an odd man, at least internally, but not so much :D


    e: WELP, I wasted a potion. Sorry! But it seemed like the kind of thing we'd 100% be guessing with anyway since we can't Identify yet, so I gambled on it being something useful for more than a short term.

    fadingathedges on
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Arthur and Gruush

    Simon was disappointed. He tried not to show it. "I understand(he lied), if you require any special assistance you have my thanks." He noticed Gruush standing at the other side of the room for the first time. "I have interrupted. I will leave you to your conversation" Was Gruush acting strange around him? It was difficult to tell with normal people. Gruush was unusual. Plus, he always wore that mask... wait, had he been wearing that mask when Simon had barged into him? Oh.

    "I must get better at this, Imnos" he said turning to the strange creature on his arm. It's all too human eyes stared back at him in a disquieting way. Two abysses empty of thought. "caw" said the raven-thing. It just sounded like a person imitating the sound of a bird. It didn't seem to fully have a personality yet.

    Ben

    Simon finally made his way out to Ben. He had first made his way to his fledgling armory to recover the chained-ball. He took a moment to perform a ritual that would allow him to summon the ball and Mordwyn to his side wherever he was. Now it was time to gauge his options.

    "ho, Ben. May we speak? I wish to know what you might know about these two weapons of mine." Simon held out Mordwyn and the Chaind-ball.

    I assume he'd just tell me what I already know but I'm hungry for possible information.

    After Ben told him the requirements for improving Mordwyn then Simon nodded "I'll be on the look out for the required material. For now that will have to wait. Now what about the the ball and chain? I saw a book describing it as a Meteor Hammer?"

    Quire.jpg
    kime
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Simon

    He recounts what you already know, plus…

    “A good giant weapon, or there abouts,” he pokes at the meteor hammer, “This one is made too small, but I understand why. The Oudru bound many into pacts—there was once a clan of giant-blooded men, but ahh, you know they are no more. Such different times. Hmm. I could tease out its history. Make it strong. One day, if you bring me Star Metal…”

    He looks off to the clouds. He nods to you, as if that should explain.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Been too busy today! We’ll kick off another adventure tomorrow.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    You’re heading to Drossmire, right?

    Walking straight in, or carrying the boat back to the river and sailing in?

    nightmarenny
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I think we agreed to carrying the boat.

    Quire.jpg
    ZomroEndless_Serpentsmrpaku
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 17
    Adventurers

    You resolve to carry the boat back to the river. With significant effort you pull it back up to the shoreline. Solomon holds it tight by a length of rope once you lower it into the fast moving water as you the rest of you climb in. Gruush has the Navigator’s Tools at the ready, but isn’t proficient in them. None of you are sailors, but well, how hard can it be?

    It is midday by the time you manage all this. You’re all down one ration and waterskin.

    Solomon! Make an Athletics check to hop in the boat after everyone else.

    Gruush! Make an Intelligence check to figure out how to rig the boat properly.

    Arthur! Make a Dexterity check to follow through on Gruush’s idea.

    Simon! Make a Constitution check to row the boat steadily.

    Alzav and/or Kirina! Make a Perception check to avoid obstacles along the way.



    Drossmire

    46ratc0t7qbf.jpeg

    You didn’t know what to expect. Not really. As you ride the river rapids… you see the sky progressively turn a bruised purple. The reeds and trees along the riverside are a petrified white. You catch a glimpse of a deer. It doesn’t run when it sees you. Only stares. An owl lands on one of its antlers and glares silently as you pass at speed.

    How exactly you arrive remains to be seen, but you’re right at the bottom of the map.

    Drossmire is an old-school blind hex-crawl. Once we establish how things went, you’re going to choose where to go in this order:

    1. Alzav
    2. Kirina
    3. Solomon
    4. Simon
    5. Gruush
    6. Arthur

    There will be clues along the way to help you pick, but this is a straight up wanderer in the mutated wilds.

    Naturally, if you deviate from the blue line, which is the river you’re on, you’re either leaving the boat or carrying it with you.

    Endless_Serpents on
    AustinP0027kime
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited May 17
    Edit: I don't know boats! Or maybe, I got this axe for a hand, don't ask me to do boat things!

    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Dex Check

    Dex Check:
    1d20+2 4 [1d20=2]

    AustinP0027 on
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+5 for Athletics

    Athletics:
    1d20+5 23 [1d20=18]

  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    For the first move, let's stay on the river.

    Do the hex color codings denote anything we can perceive at this point?

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Perception

    Perception:
    1d20+4 13 [1d20=9]

  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+2 to boat

    to boat:
    1d20+2 19 [1d20=17]

    Quire.jpg
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Sorry been quiet recently, busy and brain has been exhausted.... Gruush I'm assuming you added the other random stuff to your inventory that wasn't food/water, happy birthday :P

    Looks like we're just missing Gruush's Intelligence check. Take a 1d4 Guidance to that!

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Sorry for the delay everyone, been a very busy day!

    Geth roll 1d20+1 Intelligence (Gruush)
    Geth roll 1d4 Guidance

    Intelligence (Gruush):
    1d20+1 4 [1d20=3]
    Guidance:
    1d4 1 [1d4=1]

    kime
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Just Gruush and Arthur spiderman pointing meme at each other.

    mrpakukime
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Gruush spends thirty agonizing minutes stoically tying up all the ropes on the boat, but when questioned it turns out none of them are actually connected to anything and he just really likes tying knots

    kimeAustinP0027Endless_Serpentsfadingathedges
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Meanwhile he keeps telling Arthur to tie up other parts, and Arthur keeps staring at the rope trying to decide how to one handed tie anything.

    mrpakukimeEndless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Sorry folks, busy day and no doubt a busy week for me!

    @fadingathedges for now the hexes reveal nothing, but yes, eventually colour coding and more details will form.




    Adventurers

    Solomon casts off the boat and jumps on as the river takes it.

    Gruush, for all his efforts, has no idea how to sail a river boat, and so Arthur is left run ragged, getting his axe caught more than once as he hangs on to ropes and gets a face full of sail. The boat takes on water up to your ankles as the boat is nearly flipped half way towards your destination. Gruush! You lose 20 gold over the side.

    More than once Alzav only just notices a rock below the surface of the rapid current, or is forced to blast a fallen branch out of the way before the boat’s hull is ripped open. He finds it so difficult that he can’t say much about the areas you pass.

    Simon heroically keeps both oars intact and avoids the worst of the potential collisions!

    You’re all soaked to the bone.

    You arrive at Drossmire as the river becomes more placid. You are on a wide, deep section of the river. Both banks are marked by stark white foliage.

    kime
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 17
    Adventurers

    The sky is completely clear; a mottled purple. No wind. Your sail is dead.

    Far below the boat... something glints in the daylight, stuck between some rocks.

    You hear a distant howl. But see nothing.

    Bobbing on the water ahead is a strange liquid, perhaps oil, a muddy yellow. It covers around 5 by 5 feet.

    There are several barrels along the river bank on your port side, half buried in the mud. Must be old.

    You’re not being watched.

    Hex Crawl:
    6d6 16 [6d6=1, 1, 5, 1, 3, 5]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Map:
    pjl1rmwpiwcd.png

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited May 17
    Edit: Nvm. Better to try and fail than ask OOC

    AustinP0027 on
    Endless_Serpents
  • mrpakumrpaku MichiganRegistered User regular
    Once he's finished fishing out water from the bottom of the boat and helped pull some of the rigging from Arthur's ankles, Gruush shakes the water from his ears, strips off his boots, and lays them each to dry against the sides of the canoe. "Errr, sorry bout' that..." He finally grumbles to the group. "See, when I said I'd been on er' Ship for awhile I meant, err, that I walked on em' and by em' a few times..."

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 17
    Arthur

    You conjure a hand, but find what you’re after just out of reach. It vanishes as it’s fingers almost touch the glinting thing. It’s hard to tell what it is. Something metal maybe.



    Gruush & Arthur

    So far Arthur is the only other person in the party that knows Gruush has been in the Vastness Beyond for months. When you initially met, he did not reveal that.

    Just didn’t want that to be skipped over.

    Endless_Serpents on
    mrpakukimeAustinP0027
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Arthur sighs. "Yes, apologies all. I don't understand boats."

    As he is about to continue with mentioning the axe, his eyes catch a glint in the water below, between two rocks. With a shrug, he Simmons his mage hand and sends it down into the water, attempting to free whatever was glinting down there.

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    How far away is the yellow stuff ahead?

    Kirina dips her hand into the water on the side. She's looking for movement from the different liquid ahead, or if the water itself here feels strange.

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
Sign In or Register to comment.