As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Painting exhibition a thread

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    bezl0m9zwy2v.jpeg

Got them done today

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Scale just started another Kickstarter for an expansion to their artist range. More colors plus fluorescents and inks.

Their artist range is fantastic, I wish it was easier to find to buy. The black in particular is the best acrylic black I've ever used.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I have been painting what I would describe as 'assorted ninjas,' I haven't really been keeping up with Warhammer Underworlds, partly cos I don't have the space, and partly cos a lot of the newer squads haven't really appealed to me. But a box set where everyone is constantly throwing smoke bombs and calling themselves the ultimate shadow warrior, or whatever, that sounds hilarious to me! Anyway, here's a bunch of edgelords trying to out-darkness one another:

g0zhpwxuiar0.jpg
    adhycrli3d46.jpg
    dcy365ebjamo.jpg
    isyyyf1yq686.jpg

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Those are terrific!

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • WatcherWatcher Registered User regular
    I did a few more Aeronautica Imperialis planes. We were supposed to play NEXT Friday, but, he had to move it up to tonight. So, I got as many done as I could. The pink one is a plane captured by orks. I know, I know, they can't use those according to the rules. Since it is just us two, I will let him figure out how to use it. Glad I work nights, and had last night off to get something new done! Off to bed.
    8hnbyz52hg6s.jpgzwjc2fh1fham.jpgcj5hzkpkuguu.jpgwtzdxm0rds6e.jpg

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Painted up the goodest boy.

52jodye6g10c.jpg
    cz735y8tbesn.jpg

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Watcher wrote: »
    The pink one is a plane captured by orks. I know, I know, they can't use those according to the rules. Since it is just us two, I will let him figure out how to use it.

There was a White Dwarf article with AI rules for looted Imperial Navy planes a while back, you could probably use those as a template to make homebrew rules for looted Xiphons.

• WatcherWatcher Registered User regular
    Watcher wrote: »
    The pink one is a plane captured by orks. I know, I know, they can't use those according to the rules. Since it is just us two, I will let him figure out how to use it.

There was a White Dwarf article with AI rules for looted Imperial Navy planes a while back, you could probably use those as a template to make homebrew rules for looted Xiphons.

Thank you. I will set him to help look for that.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    If I remember correctly, the new AI supplement book (with the Necron rules) has looted craft rules too. Not sure if they are the same ones though. Might be easier to obtain at least?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    IrCrSIB.jpg?1

Quite happy with this scheme for how low effort I kept it.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Low effort and looks good is the best combo.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    At what point in the growing scope of your hobby project do you generally say to yourself "No, this is enough, I have neither the time nor the energy to add more shit."

Because for me this point was deciding not to bother magnetizing the feet and bases of my Chaos Knights to potentially swap out for future bases because I am doing enough with these things already god dibblets.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    At what point in the growing scope of your hobby project do you generally say to yourself "No, this is enough, I have neither the time nor the energy to add more shit."

Because for me this point was deciding not to bother magnetizing the feet and bases of my Chaos Knights to potentially swap out for future bases because I am doing enough with these things already god dibblets.

Halfway through painting the first test mini.

Dr_Keenbean on
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Usually somewhere in the middle of painting it. I seem pretty content to put whatever time and effort I want into actually building things ... <_<

• AsherAsher Registered User regular
    Cross posting from the 40k thread, but after avoiding this model for years, stopping playing 40k, and then ditching my Raven Guard for Primaris Raptors, I'm finally painting Corax.
    SnjyVlC.jpg

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Only painted one character this weekend (2 models) but she was fun.

Ms Marvel is checking into my A-Force.

7mguxd6sv6xq.jpg
    s9zriv0qhuvk.jpg

This is a mix of Army Painter SpeedPaints and traditional acrylics. The biggest thing I've painted yet, and very pleased with the result.
    3w5n1esnrnlc.jpg

• McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Pivoting my Bolt Action army into Konflikt 47 (alternate history pulp sci-fi) by cobbling together an Allied stompybot.
    I like the official models, but they're a little tricky to get a hold of in my area. The ork dread in my closet was a suitable base for some good dieselpunk.

biz12bkjfxjf.jpg
    wvqyt2fed1da.jpg
    26fa5at3l0bw.jpg
    naj9e0pfcgfe.jpg

website_header.jpg
    That's freaking awesome. The dread makes for a great base, and way to add to it and keep a consistent style. And good use of Gundam (Kotobukiya?) hands, the scale is perfect.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I'm envious of what your bitz box must look like

• McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Apologies for the mess. I havn't organized in a while, and I'm running out of storage solutions in my small office.

Desk has sorter boxes for small bits
    ru9fqcsgsc35.jpg

Half the closet has bigger bins for large bits and half-finished kits. Not pictured are several more precariously stacked boxes.
    wm24k6ht3d5s.jpg

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
    Might actually get the team finished for next season. Currently looking for someone nice badlands bases.

Shoddy rushed picture of shoddy rough paint job, but got a Killteam finished ready for trying the game for the first time tomorrow.

9gKqjLC.jpg?1

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    The corpse cart is a pretty old model, but I love it, it was so much fun to build and paint

jxxroe225x0f.jpg

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    rtbkmnkcsz25.jpg

Couldn't sleep, so I painted a mech.

Currently squinting at it trying to focus all of my mind powers into willing the basing material into drying faster so I can finish it.

rtbkmnkcsz25.jpg

Couldn't sleep, so I painted a mech.

Currently squinting at it trying to focus all of my mind powers into willing the basing material into drying faster so I can finish it.

A hair dryer tends to get faster results and fewer nosebleeds.

Blood for the Blood God.

Does anyone know a Europe based shop where I might get basing materials like these?

https://epicbasing.com/collections/3d-printed-epic-basing-bits

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Does anyone know a Europe based shop where I might get basing materials like these?

Have you looked at bits of war? https://bitsofwar.com/27-basing-kits-scatter-terrain

Sic transit gloria mundi.

I have ordered from them and I am in NZ. They are extremely good and very quick! I couldn’t recommend them more if I tried.

edited June 2022

Have you looked at bits of war? https://bitsofwar.com/27-basing-kits-scatter-terrain

Ah, thanks. Kromlech seems to have a bunch of basing stuff there. So I might at least check out "local" shops that carry them
    Aegeri wrote: »

I have ordered from them and I am in NZ. They are extremely good and very quick! I couldn’t recommend them more if I tried.

I was a bit hesitant because they explicitly mention Germany as being a bit problematic with customs and taxes.

What delivery method did they use for your order?

honovere on
    They seem to have got back UPS, who were quick and very easy to deal with. I am doing another order with them next month!

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    From experience, UPS charges through the nose for customs and VAT stuff when things cross the EU border. The regular post also charges through the nose, but less than UPS in my experience.

edited June 2022
    From experience, UPS charges through the nose for customs and VAT stuff when things cross the EU border. The regular post also charges through the nose, but less than UPS in my experience.

Ugh, 14.88€ minimum handling fee for UPS plus 19% VAT. That would be almost 40% on top. Gonna look at kromlech for now, I guess, even if the epic basing stuff looks really nice.

honovere on
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I decided I'm going to magnetize some Chaos Space Marine arms and I was reading an article that suggested simply putting magnets in the torso, and then magnetic pin or rod in the arms themselves. I like this idea; I think it'll reduce the overall amount of work and get better results. My question is what should I use for magnetic pin or rod? Is that just another way of saying iron rod? Where would I get such a thing? Do I need a special tool to cut it? Do I need to do anything to protect it from rust?

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    paper clips work just as well

Or thin steel wire

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    I decided I'm going to magnetize some Chaos Space Marine arms and I was reading an article that suggested simply putting magnets in the torso, and then magnetic pin or rod in the arms themselves. I like this idea; I think it'll reduce the overall amount of work and get better results. My question is what should I use for magnetic pin or rod? Is that just another way of saying iron rod? Where would I get such a thing? Do I need a special tool to cut it? Do I need to do anything to protect it from rust?

Gardening supplies. Flower arrangers and gardeners love their iron wire, though it’s normally in sub-mm diameters.
    Also if you have a hacksaw, old wire coat hangers can be a good if fiddly source of larger diameter wire for “free.”

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    Ready to go hunting for perps in the underhive.

HB6BIfp.jpg

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Managed to get these guys done this weekend!

vg5t4bwuy035.jpg
    rnq12vasldir.jpg
    a1jqs4pc7sl3.jpg
    wrfbe46ucimc.jpg

This discussion has been closed.