As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[nba] franken-warriors rise as curse of the brook settles over lakers

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    burbo wrote: »
    Honestly, I think that Boban getting mad about that is stupid. Sure, Aaron Holiday stealing the ball and hitting a 3 is petty, but you just won by 33, perhaps you can afford to not get bent out of shape about some silly pointless shit at the very end.

It's a matter of tact. If the Suns don't want the Mavs to keep running up the score on them then they should concede the game and just walk away. The last thing anyone wants is some bullshit fouls and free throws to make a bad game last even longer. Also, there's a risk, albeit a very small one, that if the player dribbling out the ball isn't paying attention then the swiper can cause an injury.

Should Boban let it go? Probably. But can he point out it's fucking classless? Yes. I also wouldn't be surprised if Boban didn't get angry until Holiday said something back to him, because Boban has a well-earned reputation for being a very nice guy.

Then again, with CP3 showing his team what to do in the fourth quarter of a meaningless game and desperately trying to pad his own stats, perhaps we shouldn't be surprised when the bench players follow his lead.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Throwing out good vibes for the Pistons to get a top 2 pick. I'd love to see them get someone to pair with Cade.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Aww no Smart or Horford tonight

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • marajimaraji Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Aww no Smart or Horford tonight

Smart had someone come within a foot of him after practice and he reflexively flopped. Unfortunately he landed on a miniature Al Horford made out of fusilli.

Horford threw out his old man back laughing.

Both are questionable for game two.

Heat getting their pants beat off so far
    This is gonna be bad if they can't win at home against a weakened Celtics team

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    Tatum cannot be stopped

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    Huge 3rd period turn around by the Heat
    One could even say that they're
    On fire

Trajan45 wrote: »
    Throwing out good vibes for the Pistons to get a top 2 pick. I'd love to see them get someone to pair with Cade.

Booo, though I shouldn’t be surprised. Detroit seems to get screwed in the lottery every year (other than last year).

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    R-dem wrote: »
    Huge 3rd period turn around by the Heat
    One could even say that they're
    On fire
    Ow. That burns.

• TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    39-14 3rd. YOUCH.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
    This heat wave is nuts
    Who says defensive games can't be exciting

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    Jimmy was a beast this game

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    The Celtics are the better team. But the Heat have been carried by the sheer willpower of Jimmy Butler during these playoffs...

They also had more rest time. Not surprising that the Celtics may have wore down in the 2nd half.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I know nothing about the Orlando Magic but it made me laugh.

Orlando has a ton of young talent. I feel like in 2-3 years they'll be really good.

• burboburbo Registered User regular
    Orlando has a good amount of theoretical talent, but they are kind of like the Kings, in that their players always top out at the low end of their potential, likely due to a shoddy culture and development system.

• EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Orlando has a good amount of theoretical talent, but they are kind of like the Kings, in that their players always top out at the low end of their potential, likely due to a shoddy culture and development system.

Except the occasional good one who goes to another team eventually to be a decent role player.

warriors decided to actually play basketball for the first two quarters tonight

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Einzel wrote: »

Except the occasional good one who goes to another team eventually to be a decent role player.

The only thing I know about Orlando is Masai fleeced em for Ibaka who side by side with Gasol where awesome and fun in the raps final run

And ibaka wasn't a draft obvs but well the magic can't seem to highlight the talent they have let's say

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
    this is like the first time the warriors have played 48 minutes of basketball in like forever

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    this is like the first time the warriors have played 48 minutes of basketball in like forever

This is the Dub's "Second run/Threepealike mode they are in now. Path couldn't be smoother, plus y'all need to own the Mavs again.

They win if it's Boston. Miami, if healthy, it's gonna be a repeat of the loss against Toronto a few years back.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

The Magic have good top pick history and we all know that tiny sample sizes indicate rock solid trends:
    Shaq
    Chris Webber ->Penny Hardaway
    FINALS APPEARANCE
    Dwight Howard
    FINALS APPEARANCE

basically go put your money on Orlando winning the East in 2025

edited May 2022
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

This is the Dub's "Second run/Threepealike mode they are in now. Path couldn't be smoother, plus y'all need to own the Mavs again.

They win if it's Boston. Miami, if healthy, it's gonna be a repeat of the loss against Toronto a few years back.

I feel the opposite. I feel like Boston would a tougher match-up. Let's be real here, Toronto only won because KD and Klay got hurt.

TelMarine on
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I mean yeah, you generally lose when you can't field your full team.

All championships are legitimate, but some are more legitimate than others. XD

wow that was a beat down

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    All championships are legitimate, but some are more legitimate than others. XD

Yepp. Raptors over very injured Warriors and Warriors over incredibly injured Cavs pre-KD count, but are definitely substantially less impressive than most.

• IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Seems like Trevion Williams is making the best of the NBA Draft combine. Would love to see him taking in a good second round spot. I can really see his passing abilities translating to the NBA.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
    Good to know that, if you're playing the Warriors, getting up off the floor is grounds for a technical.

This is probably the worst reffed game ive seen in the playoffs this year. And ive watched most of them. Almost every call is bad in some way.

Draymond is the most persecuted player in the nba

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    Draymond has a longer leash with the refs than any player in the nba.

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    At what point is this Dallas bench nonsense just straight up cheating?

• Jebus314Jebus314 Registered User regular
    Did Dallas get a single stop in the 4th?

"The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it" - Dr Horrible
    Somewhere beyond standing there with a white shirt, i would think.

Jebus314 wrote: »
    Did Dallas get a single stop in the 4th?

Certainly didnt feel like it.

What a comeback. Curry was cookin' and Looney was a monster again

When you conspire with the refs to foul Draymond out, the warriors only get more powerful
    Let this be a lesson to the Celtics

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!