As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Generation ZZZ

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

Generation ZZZ!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Generation ZZZ

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Renew, Renew!

• Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    "There are still people alive who were born before 1980?"

-- Someone from Gen Z probably

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    blueArcanablueArcana Registered User regular
    Word bubbles that go over two panels are really...not great in the vertical mobile comic

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I was looking at a subscription lawn thing where they send you bags of fertilizer, etc.

When filling out the form, a question was"what is the age of your lawn?" The oldest option was 4 years.

MF, mine's at least 60, parent's are nearing 100.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    I was looking at a subscription lawn thing where they send you bags of fertilizer, etc.

When filling out the form, a question was"what is the age of your lawn?" The oldest option was 4 years.

I think that was likely because everything over 4 years should be in a pretty steady state, though.

And yeah, 89 year old lawn at my house. Well, I can only assume it was never torn up and redone in the intervening years.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    This game looked interesting, but like even in the trailer its got gross fan service.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    scotty2haughtyscotty2haughty Registered User regular
    Having been born (just) after 1980 this is a scary thought. I am slowly but surely slipping out of what the game industry calls their core demographic. I'm sure there are new demographics that I will end up fitting into--my target ads seem to think my main concerns are taxes, lawncare, and shaking my fist at things, but I guess this is the inevitable part of life that I have chosen to ignore and pretend would happen to everyone but me.

But the good news is, I can rent a car without having my dad to vouch for me--something that actually happened the week I graduated from college. So that's nice.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Having been born (just) after 1980 this is a scary thought. I am slowly but surely slipping out of what the game industry calls their core demographic. I'm sure there are new demographics that I will end up fitting into--my target ads seem to think my main concerns are taxes, lawncare, and shaking my fist at things, but I guess this is the inevitable part of life that I have chosen to ignore and pretend would happen to everyone but me.

But the good news is, I can rent a car without having my dad to vouch for me--something that actually happened the week I graduated from college. So that's nice.

Just think one day you'll go to get carded and your block buster card falls out and they tell you nevermind.

"I have and use a nose hair trimmer, just give me my booze."

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GrendusGrendus Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Preacher wrote: »

"I have and use a nose hair trimmer, just give me my booze."

If nose hair trimmers are the cutoff, I've been old since I was 22. I have an ear hair trimmer now.

I get a LOT of truck ads. And Google doesn't give me the option to review the ad. You'd think they'd want that, for me to tell them that I have less than zero interest in trucks and actively think less of people who buy the oversized pavement princesses they're advertising (if you've got a workin' truck that's fine, these are midlife crisis "I'm still rugged *sobs*" mobiles).

Also beer and liquor ads, which is nice as I can't drink (alcohol intolerance is a bitch). The only thing of interest they advertise to me is coffee, but they like to advertise from brands I already buy from. And protein powder, again from a brand I already buy.

Basically, their bots suck, and they won't let me tell them what I'm interested in.

Grendus on
  • Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular

What in tarnation does it mean for a lawn to be a certain age? We literally use the phrase "old as dirt" to describe things that are really old! Of all the things I claim possession over, the ground under my house has definitely been around the longest. By a decent margin, I'd say.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular

I think there are worse things than moving out of the crosshairs of that monstrous stalker.

What in tarnation does it mean for a lawn to be a certain age? We literally use the phrase "old as dirt" to describe things that are really old! Of all the things I claim possession over, the ground under my house has definitely been around the longest. By a decent margin, I'd say.

Well, grass is a perennial plant. And "lawn" means all the grass across your yard. So basically, how long has it been since it's planted?

Though for us, the answer is actually a bit complicated. The 12 feet or so near the curb? That's only about 12 years old, since they came through our neighborhood and gutted it all for new curb and sewer, then put back down sod that's notably less drought resistant than the rest of the Olde Turfe.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    dennis wrote: »

I think there are worse things than moving out of the crosshairs of that monstrous stalker.

Well, grass is a perennial plant. And "lawn" means all the grass across your yard. So basically, how long has it been since it's planted?

Though for us, the answer is actually a bit complicated. The 12 feet or so near the curb? That's only about 12 years old, since they came through our neighborhood and gutted it all for new curb and sewer, then put back down sod that's notably less drought resistant than the rest of the Olde Turfe.

Yup. Presume they may make slightly different recommendations based on the age; new vs established. As said earlier, 4 years or 200, it probably doesn't matter but honestly more a matter of pride. Like do '5 - 25,' and '25+' options at least.

• Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Tycho's avatar in the full story page is the perfect complement to this strip.