As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Evil Dead: The [chat]

bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
edited May 2022 in Debate and/or Discourse
xzzb3Dz.jpeg

4v1 asymmetrical shenanigans on all the platforms, switch coming soon iirc

its lots of fun

there is a 25% off coupon on the Epic store for there sale right now if you want to try it.

Also has full Crossplay.

Or dont I'm not your parents.

bloodyroarxx on

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I dont agree with the score of this review it shows off gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lkOVUmWqAo

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    How could you

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2022
    my strongest memory of new jersey is how every time i would take the train from philly to nyc, we’d pass new brunswick. and each time i’d think- damn, rutgers seems so much cooler than penn state

Organichu on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    well yeah New Jersey is better than Penn

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    10333268-large.jpg

can you feel the struggle within?
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    *yawns* Ugh... pushed myself a bit hard tonight with work. Doing some QoL stuff before the big day tomorrow.

When this is done, I need to take a few days off.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    As a hill person

• navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    The cat has discovered how to creep up into the kitchen sink without jangling his collar bell.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i got today's redactle in 7

where is my disappointing gay sex

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    The cat has discovered how to creep up into the kitchen sink without jangling his collar bell.

My cats do that but just don’t give a shit if they are found out.

Well, he came and sat next to me after writing that. Manipulative jerk.

oztcisy4ykbq.jpg

-Loki- wrote: »
    navgoose wrote: »

My cats do that but just don’t give a shit if they are found out.

He's 100% avoiding the dog, not us. She is unreasonably jealous of his ability to raid the sink.

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I had a really funny post in my head but I forgot it so just pretend like I wrote it and guffaw

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I am really struggling to come up with something for a pot luck I'm doing with some friends. One of my friends is doing an elimination diet to figure out an allergy and right now she can't have any dairy.

Everything, and I mean everything, is cooked in butter or has cream in it or something like that.

I'm trying to find a recipe for something that will be easy to transport after cooking, doesn't take 100 steps to make, and has no dairy in it.

This has been a rather difficult task.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I'm tempted to magnetize the bases and the feet of my Chaos Knights so I could potentially swap out bases for different themes in the future

but oh my god that seems like a pain in the ass on top of all the other magnetizing and shit I'm doing currently for them.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I am really struggling to come up with something for a pot luck I'm doing with some friends. One of my friends is doing an elimination diet to figure out an allergy and right now she can't have any dairy.

Everything, and I mean everything, is cooked in butter or has cream in it or something like that.

I'm trying to find a recipe for something that will be easy to transport after cooking, doesn't take 100 steps to make, and has no dairy in it.

Pasta?

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »

Pasta?

You'd be surprised how many cooking videos I've watched for pasta that start with butter! Haha.

But yeah, that or a soup is where I'm thinking. Pasta with a tomato sauce that I make from scratch could be really good.

Hm....and pasta cooks quickly. Maybe I bring the pasta dry and have a container of the sauce and cook it at my friend's place. Oooh, that's super workable.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Cold brew pasta

Let uncooked pasta soak in water overnight then drain

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @Nova_C potato salad! It's a classic potluck food.

https://www.aspicyperspective.com/make-best-potato-salad-recipe/

this recipe wants potatoes, mayo (which is not a dairy product), eggs, apple cider vinegar, pickle relish, dill, celery and a couple other things.

rRwz9.gif
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I had a really funny post in my head but I forgot it so just pretend like I wrote it and guffaw

ROFL

🤣🤣🤣

LMAO

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I'm playing this new game I heard about on Waypoint the other day and grabbed for $5, called Iron Lung. It's a short (I hear about 1 hr-ish) indie sci-fi horror game, with a cool spooky premise:

lVRLskNl.png?2

tl;dr: you're sealed into a tiny rusty submarine with no windows and sent to a barren moon to explore the bottom of an ocean of blood. Guaranteed good times. The game is played from first person within the sub:

JJNbKiSl.png

There are no windows. All you have at your disposal is an instrument panel showing your depth gauge (locked at max lmao), oxygen level ( 😬 ), bearing in degrees, and X-Y coordinates.

tvwUQlul.png

You've been given a map, an orbital scan of the ocean floor: it's not very detailed. Your mission is to travel to various points of interest marked on the map (XY coordinates and an angle) and take pictures of whatever's there. And what is 'whatever's there'? Well, it's...fun stuff! Good times. Please ignore the "Annihilation" noises coming from just outside the hull.

sGfeZ3nl.png

When you get to where you're going, you turn around and head to the back of the sub, which is like 5 feet behind you, and you operate the external camera, your only window to the outside world:

pg9dzCFl.png

...and it takes grainy B&W stills that take a few seconds to process:

TTkh3C8l.png

This is a sea wall. I think.

So, in short, you're piloting this rickety deathtrap almost totally blind through an ocean of blood on an abandoned moon, navigating these treacherous waters and undersea caves, hearing TERRIFYING noises right outside the hull, with only a really shitty 2000-era webcam to see anything, and praying nothing sees you back. In other words, it's definitely worth five bux!

rRwz9.gif
  • A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    kosh i don’t normally think of myself as claustrophobic but

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Talk about leaning into that indy jank as part of your core gameplay

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Gosh I hate living with smokers

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I mostly know her as a mother figure in Egyptian films and tv, but recently started watching some of her very old roles. Did you know that old people used to be young, once?

Dl9nV5lU8AAfHxt.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond I've been out walking Registered User regular
    Our son wakes up at 5 on the dot. Bedtime at 1800? Wakes up at 5. Bedtime at 1900? Wakes up at 5.

Just one extra hour I beg of you!

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Our son wakes up at 5 on the dot. Bedtime at 1800? Wakes up at 5. Bedtime at 1900? Wakes up at 5.

My nephew's an early riser but has the decency to just lie in bed and babble to himself for an hour or so before crying to get lifted. His mother appreciates this.

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Cold brew pasta

Let uncooked pasta soak in water overnight then drain

Ketchup on that bad boy

PSN: Honkalot
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I am getting a torrent of phishing spam from Aweber it seems. It all has the same basic "confirm your account" structure, but the copy is the spammer broken English, and it's like 5 different fake as hell companies.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

Same but with me it's a cat.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    What is going on? Asda have seemingly lost their minds and forgotten how hotdogs work at a fundamental level.

nl3tudnluimu.jpeg

‘Just balance it on top yeah? That’s how it works right?’

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

My god daughter went to bed an hour and a half late tonight and woke up four hours early (but thankfully went back to bed without a fight).

Tiny humans are terrible.

Also awesome!

But also terrible.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Elki wrote: »
    Echo how is Arma Reforger?

@Elki It's very much iterative steps towards an actual Arma 4. They remade Everon (from the 2001 Operation Flashpoint) in their new engine, and there's lots of stuff that isn't there yet, either because the engine can't handle it yet, or they just didn't remake stuff yet. There are no aircraft, no tracked vehicles, no weapon resting, etc etc.

There are a whole lot of interesting new systems though. They have a new animation system, so rather than the fixed stances with standing/crouching/prone and then high/medium/low for each of those, you can now adjust in fine detail with the scroll wheel to exactly what you need. Ditto for movement speed, I haven't played Tarkov but I understand it's the same system where you change speed smoothly with the scroll wheel, rather than walking/combat/sprint paces.

So interesting basis for what's to come. It's still very early in production and I don't think it'll ever get single-player since this is a platform test for the actual Arma 4.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Managed to sleep until half nine this morning

Now to decide what to do with my day

I'm thinking burgers, meal prep, and lying on the sofa

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    My weekend has a lot, mock crime scene on Tuesday, and I have to do the portfolio from hell for Criminalist Practicum. (My final CSI course, no pressure.)

I'm really on the fence if I want to go down the CSI road, since not only is it a LOT, but there's not even any openings in the tri county area.
    (And I've been flat out told they don't get paid as well as dispatchers, which is insane to me.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I've watched a couple of episodes of the Halo show, and it's... pretty alright? The first episode is full of fan service though -- long action scenes, first-person shooter POV scenes, gratuitous winks and nods to Halo gameplay, but then it calms down a lot.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Good morning chat.

I don't particularly want to work this morning, but here we are.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Same AH. Also looks like things got a bit wild last night, everything is broken here.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    One of our new security gates is broken, lights outside the main entrance are dead, and a bunch of carts and electric scooters are thrown all over the place.

This discussion has been closed.