As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 5E] The Crown of Charon - The Eviscerator

1910121415

Posts

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I would say if you're just moving and dropping the cubes into place, you can place 3 cubes with the amount of movement you have available.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Sy

    Hearing a click, Sy collects the cubes marked 1 through 3 and places them in the Erinyes, Dracolisk, and Skeleton marked pillars.


    1 in Erinyes
    2 in Dracolisk
    3 in Skeleton

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Each cube drops into the divot with clinking bobble, small clicking noises heard as each one settles into place.

    That makes it @kime turn!

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    AustinP0027
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Is Lady Lorian close enough to get to the three other cubes and put them all in place as well?

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    If you go pell mell, looks you can do 2 cubes. Fortunately, cause Thane mage handed 1 into place and Sy did 3 more, you only need to move 2.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Oh right, I can count

    Lady Lorian

    She runs (with grace, of course) to put Cube 4 in the Glabrezou slot and Cube 5 in the Succubus slot. She's proud that the others figured out the puzzle, which she already knew, obviously. She was just waiting to see if they could do it in time.

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Monoliths halt, no more than 3 inches from being flush with the floor. The muddy portal clears, swirling a clear blue.




    THE HELLFIRE MULTI-ROCKET LAUNCHER HAS BEEN CONJURED IN THE FROST-BOG OF THE HALF-GORISTO FROGHEMOTH!

    As the adrenaline of battle drains, you see the Onyx block which prevented retreat rise up into the ceiling.

    Exits the way you came in, the clear blue portal, or the Stone Archway in the southwest part of the chamber, from which you can hear the sound of rushing water.

    You are now free to move about the room. @Endless_Serpents you're clear to bring in a fresh character if/when you're ready.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    kimeBursarAustinP0027
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Brygos collects Dang's skull from the floor, with the intention of carrying it through the portal when they head to the next room.

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Sy

    "The Hellfire What?" Sy says aloud "And conjured where? Anyone recognize any of those words?"

    Sy looks around the room, and now they have three exits. The room they came from, a door that opened across from it, and a blue portal.

    "So, going backwards won't help. We have the new door," he points off to the south west, "or the portal. Do we want to check that door out first or just head through the portal."

  • The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    Azara grimaces slightly at the suggestion.

    "I suggest the door. If we're going to try that" she gestures at the portal, "can we at least try throwing a rock or something into it first?"

    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    "Let's figure out which of these exits we needed to solve the puzzle for and go that way. Did that archway open up recently, or just the portal?"

    Brygos pokes the Balor statue hopefully with a finger. "Any advice from you?"

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The balor statue remains implacable.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Sy

    "I think both exits are new." Sy says. "The door to the south east was what shut behind us. South west is a new door, and I think this portal is the mud portal that Dang went through."

  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    "The portal represents progress, I think. Let's see what's in the southwest archway before we leave this place behind. "

    AustinP0027kimeThe Brayster
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Yeah we were promised goodies, let's find them.

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular


    The Sending Circle

    sujcr9hm7yux.png


    Water cascades down a slope, curving northwest before ending in a swirling pool in front of a pentagram around with 4 robed statues arranged around in the corners. The northwest statue holds a gilded box about the size of a book

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    "Does anything here look like a 'Hellfire multi-rocket launcher' to you?

    ...Or a 'half-goristo froggy mouth'? Or a frost bog, for that matter?"

    Nothing wrong with a bit of floor art. Actually, this place isn't all that unpleasant, which has Brygos on edge for sure.

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Sy

    "If it's in that box, I'm going to be very disappointed in their naming." Sy replies.

    He walks ahead, carefully stepping around the pentagram towards the northwest statue. Keeping a bit of distance, he attempts to pop it open with his rapier.

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The box lid flips open without incident.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    Thane will study the pentagram.

    Geth roll 1d20+6 for Arcana

    Arcana:
    1d20+6 21 [1d20=15]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Sy

    Finding no obvious trap that triggered when the lid opened, Sy looks inside the box.

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The circle radiates some form of magic, but it will more to find out what kind.

    Sy finds the box to be empty.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    Let's throw the remains of the dead monsters on the circle and see what happens.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Sy

    "Ok, well, this is clearly not the place with the rocket launcher." Sy says. "Though, why would there be an empty box here? Are we supposed to be putting something else inside of it? Have we found anything small and interesting that looks like a key or sorts?"

  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Are the other three statues holding up their hands as if expecting something to be placed in them?

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Nope, just standing there, silent, imposing.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    "Did someone find a fancy coin? Put it in the box!"

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    put your hand in the box of pain!

    Lady Lorian

    She's going to start ritual-casting Detect Magic. If there's time to finish, maybe it will reveal more about the statues, pentagram, box, etc...

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Matev
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited May 25
    As Lady Lorian finishes the ritual, she begins to perceive the arcane. The circle itself is filthy with conjuration magic.

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    OK I assumed other people would have done things while I was ritualing, but y'all had time and NOW IT IS GONE :P

    Has Lorian seen circles like this before? Would she know how to use it, or what it summons more specifically (or if it even summons something or does some other conjuration type thing)? Is a magic circle an Identify-able thing?

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Sy

    Sy places the coin he found in the pyramid into the box and steps back.

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Identify Magic gives you are about as much info as you can get regarding the kind of magic. The circle is a simple pentagram, which could have several purposes

    The coin clinks into the box, but there's also noise of it colliding against something else.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    kime
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Sy

    "Wait, what?" Sy peers back in the box. He grabs the coin and pulls it out, putting it back away, then reaches his hand into the box and feels around. He doesn't see anything, but it wouldn't make sense that it was colliding if the box was empty.

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Sy's hand clasps around a cylindrical object, but to his eyes, he's holding onto nothing.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Sy

    Keeping his hand clasped, Sy pulls out whatever object he is holding. Holding it out in front of him, he frowns a little bit at having an invisible object. Then, with a flash of recognition, he reaches for the crystal that he had picked up prior, and pushes his senses through it instead.

    Looking through the red crystal at my empty/not really empty hand.

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Does this new thing have any magic aura?

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    It does not

    As Sy's vision shifts to the starkly clear red of the Eye of Shadowsight, he can immediately tell this object is a tube, and there appears to be a scroll rolled up inside of it.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Sy

    Sy opens the tube and extracts the scroll carefully. "Well, look at that."

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The scroll's title is written in Common.

    Power Word: Drain

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Is it still invisible? Or does it appear now?

Sign In or Register to comment.