As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Evil Dead: The [chat]

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    i have awoken from my deep slumber and demand coffee

where is the coffee machine that makes coffee while you sleep

1c0ce2a83cb1cc3a0e0dbba4b13b0cd0--commercial-real-estate-dunkin-donuts.jpg

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

it exists, it's called a refrigerator containing a mason jar of coffee grounds and water.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i ordered a big pizza for the last day of the football godbless

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Morning nubs

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    QUESTION.

I'm in the mood for some Jackbox (jacques boite as i would call it in my home country of Canada) today.

What would the best way of doing that be? I guess join the possible Chat Discord again? is that any active?

I don't even know what that is...

wVEsyIc.png
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I am awake and I have to get ready for work I will probably destroy the world in protest

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I bit the bullet on the Dune Audiobook and I can see why folks would be annoyed at the shift back and forth between different narration styles. Not a deal breaker for me but still.

RMS Oceanic on
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    QUESTION.

I'm in the mood for some Jackbox (jacques boite as i would call it in my home country of Canada) today.

What would the best way of doing that be? I guess join the possible Chat Discord again? is that any active?

they're collections of party games, they were made for local play where players could use their phones/tablets as controllers, however since Steam now does remote local play I think you can jury rig it to play online via streaming. personally I've never played them so no idea how that actually works

https://store.steampowered.com/developer/jackboxgames

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak.
    QUESTION.

Jackbox, AKA Jackbox Party Pack is a series of minigames collected together in compliations of 5. Each game is playable using a browser or mobile device able to connect to the Jackbox website.

Games range from games where you try to make people laugh and vote on the funniest answers, trivia and drawing stuff to make people laugh.

I have Party Pack 3 right now which has the following:
    Quiplash 2 (3-8 players)
    The say-anything sequel. Play all new questions or make your own!

Trivia Murder Party (1-8 players)
    A deadly quiz show where you match wits with a trivia-obsessed killer.

Guesspionage (2-8 players)
    The brain-battering data-mining guessing game.

Tee K.O. (3-8 players)
    The t-shirt slugfest where you battle your custom t-shirts to the death!

Fakin’ It (3-6 players)
    One of your friends has something to hide in this sneaky game for tricksters.

21stCentury on
    QUESTION.

they're collections of party games, they were made for local play where players could use their phones/tablets as controllers, however since Steam now does remote local play I think you can jury rig it to play online via streaming. personally I've never played them so no idea how that actually works

https://store.steampowered.com/developer/jackboxgames

I would stream the main screen on a discord server.

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

1c0ce2a83cb1cc3a0e0dbba4b13b0cd0--commercial-real-estate-dunkin-donuts.jpg

for some reason Ive never liked their coffee and their breakfast foods taste weird. starbucks coffee is good but too pricey

instead of brewing some coffee i did the lazy route and just made instant coffee

oh also if we do Jackbox on Discord, i'll turn on my camera and you might see my cat climb on my chair to look at all the commotion.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    The only game like that I'm interested in is the forthcoming Rifftrax one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot1Ejm3wLsM

wVEsyIc.png
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    My partner just texted me to ask if we had something in the freezer. I'm at work, she's at home. This is backwards!

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    All the Jackbox packs are good sets of games but Drawful remains the most consistently fun with a group of any size that I've played.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Mua'dib has arrived at Larrytown

Weaver wrote: »
    My partner just texted me to ask if we had something in the freezer. I'm at work, she's at home. This is backwards!

maybe you're in horror movie and something unusual appeared in the freezer.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »

have sex with celebrities

get some more tattoos

troll kanye

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Instant coffee should be illegal.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    Doodmann wrote: »

MY CRYSTALSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

Bustelo’s is decent enough

since I got a pour over coffee set up and an electric kettle it's actually only a difference of less than a minute or two between brewing pour over and instant

but im homer simpson in the morning and need coffee NOW not now plus 30 seconds or whatever

since I got a pour over coffee set up and an electric kettle it's actually only a difference of less than a minute or two between brewing pour over and instant

but im homer simpson in the morning and need coffee NOW not now plus 30 seconds or whatever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bWL9qDslFw

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular

MY CRYSTALSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Final Fantasy, any of them

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    honestly instant coffee is better than shitty burnt coffee on a hotplate or the undrinkable sludge that drips from a kuerig

they used science to brew good coffee then remove the water, turn the oils into crystals, and trap some of the aromatics! its not great but its an improvement over stale, mishandled, or misbrewed coffee. theres a reason it took over the market when freshness and good brewing equipment were lacking.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    also im generous with the french vanilla creamer in the instant coffee so it's not that bad if you need coffee and you need it asap

just always make sure to tell someone they're drinking instant coffee crystals first, or there will be.... consequences
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdQKVDUBu2g

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I have some instant espresso for baking and milkshakes, but I brewed it into a hot drink once and I was surprised by how ok it was. Like, I've never once used the coffee equipment in a hotel room but if this was in a hotel room I'd use it.

I've got a Cuisinart with a built in grinder and bean hopper, and sure I could set it up the night before and use the timer, but that makes a lot of assumptions about my location and being corporeal status in the morning and I'd rather not tempt fate.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    instant coffee is for boating when we're underway or hiking when it's a longer trip than just a day trip where you carry a thermos

ftOqU21.png
    Like to use the percolator for camping.

the best thing with instant coffee is you can take a sip and o "ugh too weak" and then triple the amount, give it a stir, and ascend beyond the physical plane

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Good morning you pack of jackals

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Instant coffee was a lifesaver when I worked overnights

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Instant coffee, if you buy one of the more expensive brands (annoyingly, Starbucks instant coffee is one or the better ones) is head and shoulders above any pre-ground coffee you can buy, regardless of roaster or freshness.

It also has a lot of utility in baking. I keep a pack or two around the house when I'm too lazy to grind beans, or just want a very small amount, since my Keurig only does 6oz at minimum. Sometimes I want just a few ounces of coffee, and for that, I've got instant packets!

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Instant coffee is required for dalgona

Although I made it with instant espresso when I didn't have regular instant coffee, and could see the curvature of the fourth dimension

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    If you drink too much coffee that bag raiders song from the meme plays and you spin in front of a picture of a nebula

This discussion has been closed.