As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Evil Dead: The [chat]

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    They need to make a Star Trek where the Federation revises the Prime Directive into "help everyone whenever you can, but don't get caught doing it".

There'd be a ton you could do with an explicitly interventionist Federation as the basis for the show: humanoid aliens, non-humanoid alien interventions, all different drama related to trying to run covert ops, a couple of moments when the Federation people get hunted by XCOM, have guys who go rogue and do try to take over. Just...drop the whole "oh noes we can't touch anything" interpretation and make a whole show exploring the various ways that can go right and wrong.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    at the risk of starting a partisan argument, what is the best instant coffee

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

Bustelo

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

all coffee is best enjoyed within an instant.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    *reads news*

…What the fuck is monkeypox

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    TIL Texas has an invasive parrot

ey9lgawtzfkj.jpeg

Monk parrot

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

Whatever is on special offer

So at the moment, Douwe Egberts

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options

Folgers instant

I’m basic

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    *reads news*

…What the fuck is monkeypox
    Yeah…my buddy was talking about that yesterday at lunch.

• Options
    kdyeyqto4rwy.png

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    removing yourself from time to enjoy coffee is detrimental to the experience.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    removing yourself from time to enjoy coffee is detrimental to the experience.

no it is just what the experience is

unless you're not drinking enough

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    i am choosing to pretend monkeypox doesn’t exist : )

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular

this post reminds me of why I want to murder most everyone on stackoverflow

• Options

i heard 90% survival rate and it clears up within a month.

• Options
    there is no past no future only the infinite present you should be thinking while vibrating at close to a megahertz

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    monkeypox is, apparently, almost entirely sexually transmitted, or at least the sharing of bodily fluids. The cases are all getting linked to a fetish convention and from there a gay bar or two.

Soo avoid unprotected sex with groups of strangers and not much to worry about yet.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

I like the Trader Joe's or Café Bustelo

Maybe one of those single-serving Starbucks ViA packets if I'm feeling bougie

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    I blame the gay monkey cabal

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    monkeypox is, apparently, almost entirely sexually transmitted, or at least the sharing of bodily fluids. The cases are all getting linked to a fetish convention and from there a gay bar or two.

Soo avoid unprotected sex with groups of strangers and not much to worry about yet.
    is there another, less onerous way to prevent it

• Options

you're asking a lot, here

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

99% for the variant that is in the US. Also I was hearing close personal contact to spread, not general vicinity like some other plagues.

It really seems like tabloid sensationalism at this point. Like, sure, bad and everything, but nothing compared to the actual pandemic going on.

Also, older folks are mostly immune because of the smallpox vaccine.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    I taught my friends kid Lindsey Bluth's chicken sound

lmao get rekt

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Dril.no

• Options

a 90% survival rate you say

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

It's a good thing this is wrong, because that would make it incredibly deadly.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    boo. Filled a hard drive working on this cloning process. Luckily I have some overflow space, but it's still annoying because I have to start the clone process over.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    i just get whatever instant non-decaf coffee is on sale, which is usually Folgers

• Options

Please explain how 90% survival is incredibly deadly as i i were a 5 year old.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    These people could not deplane slower

I am being harmed

• Options
    edited May 2022
    MrMister wrote: »
    These people could not deplane slower

I am being harmed

People deplane at about 20 seconds per person, it's very consistent surprisingly

I deplane in 5 seconds because Im not old parent mouth breathing sloth

Tumin on
  • Options
    Reading between the lines, the government is saying that everyone who was a child in 1976 both could and should have unprotected fuckfests 24/7 since they'll have gotten the smallpox vaccine and the disease that is in the news is the only one that exists at any given moment

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    someone fix these dumb primate bodies that are still running old anti-virus software

• Options

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimation_(punishment)

• Options
    Zavian wrote: »
    someone fix these dumb primate bodies that are still running old anti-virus software

i, for one, cannot wait for our bodies to be leased to us at predatory rates by megacorps, with terms of use subject to change without warning and the ability from the corporation to unilaterally cease service at any time for any reason.

• Options
    Try lick dirty knob

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

how do you feel about russian roulette

• Options
    Zavian wrote: »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimation_(punishment)

Like i'm 4.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited May 2022

A disease that kills one in ten people infected sounds pretty deadly to me?

Even a moderately sized outbreak of a couple of hundred people means 20 deaths

Edit: to put it in perspective, that's about as deadly as typhoid or diphtheria

japan on
  • Options
    Elendil wrote: »

how do you feel about russian roulette

Bad idea. but in the context of a disease, is 10% survival rate really considered extremely low?

This discussion has been closed.