As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Evil Dead: The [chat]

• TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Imaging losing one of your fingers

Sure it might be a pinky but it might be thumb

Unless the thumb is the boot and now you are the boot

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    i am choosing to pretend monkeypox doesn’t exist : )

i heard 90% survival rate and it clears up within a month.

It's a good thing this is wrong, because that would make it incredibly deadly.

Please explain how 90% survival is incredibly deadly as i i were a 5 year old.
    how do you feel about russian roulette

Bad idea. but in the context of a disease, is 10% survival rate really considered extremely low?
    right, russian roulette has an 85% survival rate

the lethality rate of OG corona was what, 1-2%?

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »

A disease that kills one in ten people infected sounds pretty deadly to me?

Even a moderately sized outbreak of a couple of hundred people means 20 deaths

Yeah, deadly, i'd think the label "extremely deadly" would start a a lower survival rate.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Bad idea. but in the context of a disease, is 10% survival rate really considered extremely low?

Does 1 out of every 10 people with the flu die from it?

Like if everybody on this page caught such a disease one or two of us would be dead. That's super fucking bad as far as diseases go.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

right, russian roulette has an 85% survival rate

the lethality rate of OG corona was what, 1-2%?

I mean, i'm not getting diseases for fun but point taken.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

Smallpox, 300 million dead since 1900, 3% fatality rate

Coronavirus, 7 million dead, 0.1% fatality rate.

10% fatality rate is incredibly deadly.

ftOqU21.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    not quite as deadly as one of abd's farts

OK, I understand. Please stop telling me because i'm getting worried about disease again.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    They need to make a Star Trek where the Federation revises the Prime Directive into "help everyone whenever you can, but don't get caught doing it".

There'd be a ton you could do with an explicitly interventionist Federation as the basis for the show: humanoid aliens, non-humanoid alien interventions, all different drama related to trying to run covert ops, a couple of moments when the Federation people get hunted by XCOM, have guys who go rogue and do try to take over. Just...drop the whole "oh noes we can't touch anything" interpretation and make a whole show exploring the various ways that can go right and wrong.
    Sounds like you just wanna read The Culture.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimation_(punishment)

Like i'm 4.

If COVID had a survival rate of 90%, 8 times as many people would be dead

It's like if you had 10 nickels and lost one

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Imagine a perfectly spherical cow

Imagine a perfectly spherical cow

no. I will not imagine.... fuck. fuck it's in my mind's eye. fuck. fuck fuck fuck.

edited May 2022
    Please stop imagining a cow orgy

Tumin on
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    It's like rain on your wedding day

yay it's almost time for the unveiling of all the produce. the farmer's market just having cucumber, potatoes, tomatoes, and grown-inside microgreens is getting a lil old.

Orca wrote: »
    It's like ray-ee-aiiiin on your wedding day

Tumin wrote: »

MAKE ME

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Tumin wrote: »

cow tools

edited May 2022
    I also tried to teach this kid to help.me carry a few items of produce to the fridge but instead he recreated the spinning leek meme

Kid you dont even get to use electronics dont taunt me with this smh

Tumin on
  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    monkeypox is, apparently, almost entirely sexually transmitted, or at least the sharing of bodily fluids. The cases are all getting linked to a fetish convention and from there a gay bar or two.

Soo avoid unprotected sex with groups of strangers and not much to worry about yet.

oh good

I haven’t fiddle dee dee’d another consenting lunatic since ‘14

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    a 10% chance to rain on your wedding day but it's x-com

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    a 10% chance to rain on your wedding day but it's x-com

oh shit

Kana wrote: »
    monkeypox is, apparently, almost entirely sexually transmitted, or at least the sharing of bodily fluids. The cases are all getting linked to a fetish convention and from there a gay bar or two.

Soo avoid unprotected sex with groups of strangers and not much to worry about yet.

oh good

I haven’t fiddle dee dee’d another consenting lunatic since ‘14

hm this actually explains a lot

aaaaa

three out of every four redactles I've done aren't satisfying but just leave me reading it and going "this is a bad opening paragraph!"

I've never paid so much attention to the opening paragraph in wiki articles before, and I shouldn't. They're often annoyingly meandering. Should stick much more strictly to defining what a thing is and not throw in random sentences.

ftOqU21.png
    one out of four make me feel clever

ftOqU21.png
    edited May 2022
    imagining a spherical cow orgy is a pretty funny mental image

just a raucous ball pit but with cow print

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    redactle in 6

:0

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    9m8l30hdgngi.png

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    At least Chrono Cross is nice enough to give you percentages, so you won't be (too) surprised when you miss.

wVEsyIc.png
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    beef bourguigorgy

aRkpc.gif
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    ah, dumb mistake. Forgetting the difference between +x for files and folders in linux.

(I wasn't granting things permission to traverse.)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    i was trying to explain this to a twenty something coworker and he did not get it at all

you will, son

Echo wrote: »
    i was trying to explain this to a twenty something coworker and he did not get it at all

you will, son

Entropy comes for us all

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I still have dreams about high school friends

I stare in the mirror

me in christ, that was almost 20 years ago

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Anyone watch the movie Infinite? It is out there, man.

This discussion has been closed.