As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] God Roll Guns and Flawless Runs; Tons of Fun in the Light of the Sun

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I was kinda hoping that was the surprise. That it was like them just flipping the sandbox table over, lighting it on fire, and walking away smugly.

Zombie Gandhi on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I mean tbf it will kind of suck for the one class that doesn't have the 3.0 treatment, so it would make sense to do both... if you could do it, and had the dev time. Which probably means they can't.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I'm legit wondering what Solar 3.0 is going to look like for Warlocks. Because before Witch Queen it was my go-to for "kill enemies with abilities and they explode," and now Void has absolutely stolen that particular throne.

And with both Devour and Contraverse Holds making sure I essentially have nonstop grenades, I don't know what they could do to shift my interest away from Void, really.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i assume arc is just going to be last because arc already sucks a whole lot so who cares if it's just a tiny bit sadder than usual

they said it was going to be one a season already like 2 weeks ago on twitter or something, i don't think that'd change so fast

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i assume arc is just going to be last because arc already sucks a whole lot so who cares if it's just a tiny bit sadder than usual

they said it was going to be one a season already like 2 weeks ago on twitter or something, i don't think that'd change so fast
    See, I always thought Void was the worst / subclass left in the cold and that's why they picked it first. I always thought Arc did not suck as a whole (Chaos Reach, Thundercrash, Arc Strider) and that they were fine. Even the other supers were good. Granted, I am PvP biased, but still.

That's also why I assumed Solar was next since I always felt Arc was in a slightly better spot OVERALL than Solar. Yes, Well is amazing, and top tree Dawnblade is super OP, but the rest of the solar package was more meh than Arc (imo) for Hunter and Titan.
    I

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022

Sucks for whom? Arc is dopetastic for Titans. Both missile w/ the Cuirass and hulk smash with lightning and some other exotic (like inmost light).

e: So much so I'm actually worried they will accidentally make Titans worse trying to 3.0-ify our Arc.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    the dude who leaked Season 14's name ahead of time by finding it in bungie.net's cod has potentially found Season 17 as well

Season of the Haunted. Moon pyramid dungeon, perhaps? 🤔

It'd make some sense...
    ...if we were returning to the Moon. Real-world, Shadowkeep's probably next for the Content Vault so any loose ends need to be tied up. In-game, we just figured out that 'Darkness = remembering'. So it makes sense someone would want to see where that leads with all the phantoms on the Moon. Not to mention there's a Pyramid buried there and it's best for us to properly crack it open sooner then later in case there's another Rhulk or worse, another Upended or something like it inside.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    I'm legit wondering what Solar 3.0 is going to look like for Warlocks. Because before Witch Queen it was my go-to for "kill enemies with abilities and they explode," and now Void has absolutely stolen that particular throne.

And with both Devour and Contraverse Holds making sure I essentially have nonstop grenades, I don't know what they could do to shift my interest away from Void, really.

Swords for days? Or one REALLY BIG fire sword? Like, I want to hit something with a flaming sword the size of a school bus. I don't play other classes so I don't know if they have something like it already, but there's that one move that the solar hive enemies do with the swarm of fire swords shooting at something that could work.

I wonder if they might have to rework a bunch of the air combat stuff to fit with upcoming changes.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I think solar is going to focus on buffs. Void was debuffs. Solar we will be healing, giving empowerment, boosting air accuracy, reload speed, ready speed etc

And if Bungie has the cojones… Rezzing

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »

See, I always thought Void was the worst / subclass left in the cold and that's why they picked it first. I always thought Arc did not suck as a whole (Chaos Reach, Thundercrash, Arc Strider) and that they were fine. Even the other supers were good. Granted, I am PvP biased, but still.

That's also why I assumed Solar was next since I always felt Arc was in a slightly better spot OVERALL than Solar. Yes, Well is amazing, and top tree Dawnblade is super OP, but the rest of the solar package was more meh than Arc (imo) for Hunter and Titan.
    I

Void was in the best shape of all the light classes when it got it's rework.

Void Warkock had multiple viable builds.
    Void Hunter has been a staple of GMs since people figured out Omnioculus was one of best exotics ever made. And in PvP invis Hunter was becoming a bigger and bigger thing over time (although to be fair that would have been when the rework was already at least half done)
    Void Titan with Banner Shield was useful in a bunch of spots in high-end content and Bubble had been a top-tier buff for awhile.

Arc I think was by far the weakest and still is.
    Arc Hunter is functionally dead and has been for ages.
    Arc Warlock is barely better most of the time.
    Arc titan is the only one in ok shape, with yeet titan being a PvE staple because of the exotic chest and bot tree being anywhere from solid to a beast in PvP.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The change to shoulder charge really killed arc titan in PvP for me

• Options
    Arc warlock has arc buddies and that’s all I need!

616610-1.png
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    The changes to frontal assault and knockout are what really killed arc Titan, RIP endlessly punchy boy.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Somehow titans always get the best trials helmet it's annoying to me, they always emphasize the hood on hunters and it makes them look so top-heavy grah
    mac32t3lzyw0.png
    Cute ghost I guess
    cnmc7m12rzf8.jpeg

2hac8kn5m8zd.jpeg

e: oh wait, it looks like it's actually intentional as they all seem to be animals

okay nvm baboon hunter is now awesome

Surfpossum on
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    If you look the Hunter's cloak has a tail too! Warlock is a Falcon, and Titan is a goat? Ram?

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    I think pre update, Void Titan was solidly the least played PVP subclass in the whole game. Yeah, they had a place in PVE, but PVP they were basically dead. So a rework was definitely needed.

Sad that rework couldn't fix hit registration though....

Also that after many years being on the bottom of the heap they didn't last even a full season before eating nerfs.

I will be very curious to see how sticky they remain after Arc and Solar come out. They may fall back to the bottom again, but they definitely seem still potent right now.

• Options
    Middle tree solar hunter hasn't been good since they took a hammer to it post-forsaken

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I miss good Blade Barrage

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    I think pre update, Void Titan was solidly the least played PVP subclass in the whole game. Yeah, they had a place in PVE, but PVP they were basically dead. So a rework was definitely needed.

Sad that rework couldn't fix hit registration though....

Also that after many years being on the bottom of the heap they didn't last even a full season before eating nerfs.

I will be very curious to see how sticky they remain after Arc and Solar come out. They may fall back to the bottom again, but they definitely seem still potent right now.

Back when I played trials with my buddies we’d have a few void titans often. Suppressing nades we’re pretty huge. But it’s def high ceiling to hit supers with them clutch enough to make it worth it

616610-1.png
  • Options
    YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    It is amazing how something so simple is taking so long and so, assumedly, is rather complicated.

Still, 100 more spaces for crap in the vault! That'll hold like half of what we'll get this year or something.

It’s probably to do with the mod/perk limits on guns. Dropping orb gen from masterworks gave us origin perks, I figure full auto needs a hefty rework in the back end to squeeze in and the potential to break stuff is high.

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    YerMum wrote: »
    It is amazing how something so simple is taking so long and so, assumedly, is rather complicated.

Still, 100 more spaces for crap in the vault! That'll hold like half of what we'll get this year or something.

It’s probably to do with the mod/perk limits on guns. Dropping orb gen from masterworks gave us origin perks, I figure full auto needs a hefty rework in the back end to squeeze in and the potential to break stuff is high.

There's also a bunch of exotics that get it as their catalyst perk, which all need adjusting complete with opportunities for the balance to go horribly wrong if they've given the wrong perk

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Is Bungie smart enough to introduce red bar raid weapons to the legacy raids in the rotating playlist?

I just realized how easy and big of a win that could be for them

616610-1.png
  • Options
    I kinda doubt they will because dsc perks are too good

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    shryke wrote: »
    Void was in the best shape of all the light classes when it got it's rework.

Void Warkock had multiple viable builds.
    Void Hunter has been a staple of GMs since people figured out Omnioculus was one of best exotics ever made. And in PvP invis Hunter was becoming a bigger and bigger thing over time (although to be fair that would have been when the rework was already at least half done)
    Void Titan with Banner Shield was useful in a bunch of spots in high-end content and Bubble had been a top-tier buff for awhile.

Arc I think was by far the weakest and still is.
    Arc Hunter is functionally dead and has been for ages.
    Arc Warlock is barely better most of the time.
    Arc titan is the only one in ok shape, with yeet titan being a PvE staple because of the exotic chest and bot tree being anywhere from solid to a beast in PvP.
    I'd grudgingly agree when looked through a PvE lense, I suppose....and Bungie does (justifiably) lean more towards PvE than PvP in design / considerations.
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Is Bungie smart enough to introduce red bar raid weapons to the legacy raids in the rotating playlist?

I doubt it, but yeah, that could rekindle interest in Garden.

Aside from the 3.0 rework, what new weapons will be craftable is the thing I want to know badly.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    i assume the new seasonal guns and *maybe* the dungeon guns? dungeon guns being craftable might make it a bit too easy to get them though, for the same reason vow isn't going to be farmable even after the changes.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »

I would hope so, just some extra pinnies doesn't really stoke any interest in me

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I keep forgetting that we're getting a new dungeon tomorrow!

The last few have had some really great highrolls for the weapons in them, hopefully this one keeps the trend going.

• Options
    i assume the new seasonal guns and *maybe* the dungeon guns? dungeon guns being craftable might make it a bit too easy to get them though, for the same reason vow isn't going to be farmable even after the changes.

I assume it's new seasonal and dungeon weapons for sure.

And then some random selection of world drops or old raids drops or something if it's anything extra.

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Dungeon doesn’t actually drop til the weekend/Friday I believe

I have been hard farming for an Adept Pali. 4/5 drops are Plug Ones, and not even good ones at that. I’ve kept exactly a single Plug roll over days of farming.

And on top of there being such a low pali drop rate, and such a SLOW Gm to farm, I still haven’t seen a *single* drop of quickdraw sand rangefinder as a perk combo. To say nothing of the rest of the perks!

Hell. I’ve still not seen a single stats for all/one for all title in all these 3 weeks, and I’ve dunked a lot of medals.

Given how they screwed with the weapon drop rate this season, and that we’ve never had a chance to get a pali with origin perks before, you’d think they’d give us a better GM to farm? Or at least double loot for the week? But no. Stingie gonna Stinge.

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Bungie are pure RNG aficionados and pure RNG fucking sucks.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    I hate it. I had one group yesterday where both of my teammates got a 3/5 and 4/5 godroll at the same freaking time and I got an instant-dismantle plug.

I only have a couple of hours tonight to farm a little more. It is going to suck so hard if I can’t get a single decent drop.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    hilariously i'm out here trying to get plug ones and can only get palindromes i don't want because 140 hand cannons make me extremely nauseous

rng is cruel

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I didn't play at all for like the last 8 weeks of the season lol, I'm so far behind. I don't think I'll be ready for the dungeon D:

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I got an email saying new season tomorrow and thought, "Maybe I should make sure I unlocked the ornaments." Logged in, brought up the season pass.

Rank 9.

ALT-F4.

Naw.

Nosf on
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/waX5YJgc8Kc

Roy Mustang style finger snap ignition certainly got my attention.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    back to the Leviathan....BUT THIS TIME IT'S ON THE MOON AND FULL OF MOLD OOOOOOOOOO
    for real though I'm excited, I loved the Menagerie and Leviathan weapons

Baffled that they chose Trespasser of all guns to bring back though, lmao, did anyone even use that thing in D1

• Options
    Of all the Exotic sidearms to bring back from D1, they chose the wrong one.

• Options
    https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Seasons/SeasonOfTheHaunted

For anyone looking.

Seems fun. I am surprised but happy they are pulling on this story thread. I expected Calus back given last season and Vox Obscura. But tying in the Nightmares is good shit. Those have been forgotten for like two and a half years at this point.

• Options
    TRESPASSER!!!!!

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Whoa, great theme this season. I always liked the concept of the Nightmares, glad to see them return. Sounds like we'll be literally harvesting them to attain more power.

H9f4bVe.png