As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Evil Dead: The [chat]

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I have a homonculi

it screams 22 hours a day and dry heave cries the other two

do not give yours a mouth

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Nerds are even more beautiful than I thought to the tune of just under three hundred quid for my G1 Transformers. I mean, assuming they all pay.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I have a homonculi

That's why the story isn't called I Have A Mouth And I Must Scream

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I have sold a couple pax passes through eBay when I bought an extra for a friend and they ended up not being able to make it. It went fine, but gosh I was so anxious about getting scammed. I assume 99+% of transactions go through fine but I found it v nerve wracking.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Nerds are even more beautiful than I thought to the tune of just under three hundred quid for my G1 Transformers. I mean, assuming they all pay.
    best three hundo i ever spent

*putting optimus prime in a jar*

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I have a homonculi

But it needs a mouth, for the same reason Roger gave one to his picture of Daniel Craig: he was hungry and I was feeding him something

vphq0ad1nmwi.png

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Can they actually consider Covid deaths to be in the line

Retail clerks spend more time in close proximity to others

Less time wrestling drug addicts though

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Can they actually consider Covid deaths to be in the line

Retail clerks spend more time in close proximity to others

Pretty sure for posts like these they consider "was a cop" and "died" to be the only determining factor.

iirc if you turn it into "died while on duty" the number plummets to an extremely low number almost all of which are traffic stops done in dangerous places.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Finally saw Tenet.

Nolan might need to lay off Nolan for a bit.

This was waaaay too Nolan.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    w

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Finally saw Tenet.

i was entertained but also it was totally bonkers

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Finally saw Tenet.

i was entertained but also it was totally bonkers

I liked it, but even if you buy into the
    temporal pincer conceit I don't really think it works just because of like, the mechanics of a lot of stuff? They lampshade it with the weird oxygen they have to breathe but like, people still walk and move in certain ways

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    The biggest thing with cop death stats compared to other dangerous professions is that cops tend to get very prompt medical care, whereas like a fisherman or lumberjack does not, due to the nature of the job.

So serious injuries for cops on the job actually tend to be quite high, including shootings and stabbings, but their death rate is a fair bit lower than the Big Dangerous jobs.

Police deaths are much lower now in comparison to like the 70s, 80s, and early 90s, thanks to better communications technology leading to much faster support response times in the case of injury. The general decrease in violent crime helps too, though hard to say how much.

Also very regional, of course. High gun ownership in the west and south tends to lead to higher police death rates than in the northeast or along the west coast.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Man I was planning on taking it easy today but kiddo wanted to go for a bike ride. Can't really say no to that request on a lazy sunday with nice weather. We ended up meandering around 7 miles just riding around.

My ass is so sore. That was a bit too far.

i've given in and picked up Paramount so i can watch Strange New Worlds

it is quite good so far

Episode 2
    the alien egg responds to music but they didn't even play Sabotage wth man

also minor quibble about music being universal because it's mathematically derived*

*assuming all aliens appreciate specifically the western european musical canon

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited May 2022

it is quite good so far

Episode 2

also minor quibble about music being universal because it's mathematically derived*

The reasoning that Uhura used, though, for determining the intervals was solid, though. I was fairly impressed that someone did their homework on the harmonic series and how it relates to diatonic scales.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

it is quite good so far

Episode 2

The reasoning that Uhura used, though, for determining the intervals was solid, though. I was fairly impressed that someone did their homework on the harmonic series and how it relates to diatonic scales.

yeah if we accept the premise, what followed was good stuff

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    you know youre playing a crafting survival game when you have a wall of inventory chests in your base
    aY8NGQD.jpg

• TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    zagdrob wrote: »
    i haven't lifted weights in a v long time and i do want to be more muscular so i guess i should but

i have been going really hard on self improvement/enrichment stuff lately. there's only so much i can juggle before i run out of- whatever intangible mental resources and time management

therapy is nonnegotiable so perhaps pull back on the instrument playing a little to make more gym time??

Just fit in X minutes of walking a day for now. An hour or two of walking gives you most of the benefits of exercise without being overwhelming.

If you can get a walking desk that's good too and dont downplay the fitness value of 8-10k steps a day.

oh i already walk at least 10k steps almost every day

i'm talking about weights to get the muskels

starting strength 5x5 is the gold standard for beginners weightlifting

you can do a session in 45 mins

Man its so

hmmm

"5x5" yeah but fuckin you drop to 3x5 and 1x5 so fast

3x5.deadlifts not even once tbh

edited May 2022
    When I sold Pokemon Go Im p sure someone tried to scam me

Get rekt buddy shipit back kthz

Oh you wont? I guess die in a fire

Tumin on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    i haven't lifted weights in a v long time and i do want to be more muscular so i guess i should but

i have been going really hard on self improvement/enrichment stuff lately. there's only so much i can juggle before i run out of- whatever intangible mental resources and time management

therapy is nonnegotiable so perhaps pull back on the instrument playing a little to make more gym time??

Just fit in X minutes of walking a day for now. An hour or two of walking gives you most of the benefits of exercise without being overwhelming.

If you can get a walking desk that's good too and dont downplay the fitness value of 8-10k steps a day.

Man its so

hmmm

I like 3x5 deadlifts

I like the last set with an AMRAP

the volume helps

starting strength is kinda like, just do like 5

edited May 2022
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Tumin wrote: »

Man its so

hmmm

I like 3x5 deadlifts

I like the last set with an AMRAP

the volume helps

starting strength is kinda like, just do like 5

I want a new coach

(I never broke 2x BW rip)

Tumin on
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    you know youre playing a crafting survival game when you have a wall of inventory chests in your base
    aY8NGQD.jpg

What's this now?

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »

What's this now?

V Rising, new crafting survival early access game on Steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1604030/V_Rising/
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/244635/v-rising-a-new-vampire-arpg-crafting-survival-game-early-access-begins-5-17-22

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    TIL: while only changing the value marginally, your age is ever so slightly dependent on the time zone you were born in

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    TIL: while only changing the value marginally, your age is ever so slightly dependent on the time zone you were born in

I'm not sure i follow.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »

I'm not sure i follow.
    If you spend your birthday on the east coast, you'll be a year older three hours earlier than if you spend it on the west coast.

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    aY8NGQD.jpg

ooer misus

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Just for clarification, my kind of squats are with mace-level weights and butt-touching-ground.

cB557 wrote: »

I'm not sure i follow.
    If you spend your birthday on the east coast, you'll be a year older three hours earlier than if you spend it on the west coast.

Yeah but. Not really though.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    I demand from now on everyone's birthday is now measured from an atomic clock worn on their person at all times, to account for relativity.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited May 2022

I'm not sure i follow.

A child born at 2300 PST and 0100 CST are born at the same time, but one is listed as being a day older, and even specifically 2 hours older, despite being the same absolute age

Atomika on
    I demand from now on everyone's birthday is now measured from an atomic clock worn on their person at all times, to account for relativity.

atomic clocks aren't immune to relativity

edited May 2022
    the reason i have such youthful good looks even though i am very old is because i am quite tall so my face is further from Earth's center of mass

Chanus on

Yes, so since they are in your location that will account for the difference based on your speed of travel.

You can't trust any other clock but the one you're wearing.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread

Yes, so since they are in your location that will account for the difference based on your speed of travel.

oh i just use my apple watch

I'm not sure i follow.

A child born at 2300 PST and 0100 CST are born at the same time, but one is listed as being a day older, and even specifically 2 hours older, despite being the same absolute age

That's true. My friend in Thailand, we always ask him about what the future is like.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread

oh i just use my apple watch

And miss your exact birthday by some amount of milliseconds?

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I think it was last week I learned about Korea Time which assigns the age at birth as 1 and makes everyone in Korea one year older than they would be if they were born anywhere else

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
This discussion has been closed.