As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Evil Dead: The [chat]

• TuminTumin Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I think it was last week I learned about Korea Time which assigns the age at birth as 1 and makes everyone in Korea one year older than they would be if they were born anywhere else

wat

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    lmao just heard my roommate order Indian on the phone and then asked for her entree to be zero spice and the guy said back, ‘medium?’ And she said no, zero. And he almost chuckled as he said ‘zero? Sure, we can do that’

Amazing

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    just chicken stewed in whole milk please

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Was really annoyed that the YouTube app on my Roku tv never had the right time for upcoming livestream times. Looked everywhere in all the app and tv settings. Then I realized that all the times were in UTC/GMT time and I guess I'll live with that.

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    chests in my base

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Tumin wrote: »
    I think it was last week I learned about Korea Time which assigns the age at birth as 1 and makes everyone in Korea one year older than they would be if they were born anywhere else

wat

'people are considered a year old at birth, and they add a year to their age every Jan. 1'
    Under the first, and most widely used, method — often simply called “Korean age” — people are considered a year old at birth, and they add a year to their age every Jan. 1. This applies even to an infant born on, say, Dec. 31, who would be considered 2 years old the very next day. In other words, the birth year, not the date of birth, determines someone’s age. This method is the one most commonly recognized in social situations.

The second is the one the rest of the world uses: starting the count from zero at birth and adding a year on every birthday. Since 1962, that system has been used in South Korea for most legal and official purposes, such as for medical procedures.

The third, and least common, method is known as “year age.” Like the international system, it starts from zero at birth, but it adds a year of age every Jan. 1 — so that baby born on Dec. 31 would turn 1, not 2, the following day. This method applies to laws such as the Military Service Act — which sets the age of compulsory conscription — and the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, which decides when children begin school.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/29/world/asia/south-korea-age-yoon.html

Zavian on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    life begins in the balls of the penis

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

life begins with the first Tinder dick pic

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Korean age makes more sense when you think of it as like, this child is within his first year of life, 5th year of life, etc. Rather than the standard where this child was born 1 year ago, 5 years ago, and so on.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular

life begins when you trill out your nestsong smh

Kana wrote: »
    Korean age makes more sense when you think of it as like, this child is within his first year of life, 5th year of life, etc. Rather than the standard where this child was born 1 year ago, 5 years ago, and so on.

there's no year zero in the western calendar so maybe Koreans have it right

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Okay, so, my one friend is bringing stir fry to the potluck, so I decided to make ginger beef. I've never made it before.

I think tomorrow before work I'll do a test run to see how it comes out and if I need to modify anything before Friday.

Also will get a good sense as to how much this recipe makes so I know if I need to double it or more.

I'm a little concerned that if I learn how to make ginger beef, I'll make it a lot, haha. It's super not good for you.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Life begins at 40

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Got a Sol with lime and the Sounders match just started. Also we bought a second air conditioner today.

• BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    There's a youtube channel I'm subscribed to only because it has a copy of Holst's "Mars, Bringer of War" on it. It also has Jupiter. They were both uploaded 14 years ago, they're the only two things on the channel. Yesterday they uploaded a 7 second video of a rooster crowing.

nibXTE7.png
    just chicken stewed in whole milk please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZfCyTpAlg8

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Started watching Garth marenghi’s darkplace because of @Bogart

Matt berry has been playing the same character his whole career hasn’t he

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    Life begins at 40

I might prefer the opposite

Hakkekage wrote: »
    Started watching Garth marenghi’s darkplace because of Bogart

usually this sort of thing bugs me *stares at Seth Rogan* but I think I’m giving him a pass because he’s British

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    Life begins at 40

I might prefer the opposite

It's not too late to enact Logan's Run!

Hakkekage wrote: »
    Started watching Garth marenghi’s darkplace because of Bogart

usually this sort of thing bugs me *stares at Seth Rogan* but I think I’m giving him a pass because he’s British

also he's flawless

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    They need to make a Star Trek where the Federation revises the Prime Directive into "help everyone whenever you can, but don't get caught doing it".

There'd be a ton you could do with an explicitly interventionist Federation as the basis for the show: humanoid aliens, non-humanoid alien interventions, all different drama related to trying to run covert ops, a couple of moments when the Federation people get hunted by XCOM, have guys who go rogue and do try to take over. Just...drop the whole "oh noes we can't touch anything" interpretation and make a whole show exploring the various ways that can go right and wrong.
    So you want a show about the Culture

Yes and no. The Culture can't be accurately made into a show, and TV-suitable problems are the sorts of things you'd just feel Minds wouldn't let get that far.

But the Federation is already in a show, the Prime Directive is an anchor around most of the interventionist plotlines and interesting stories to tell.

Basically I'm watching TNG with Bulgarian girl right now, and by far the weakest element is the Prime Directive stuff.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orcalt0bsJY

When your friend invites you out but staying in sounds better.

nibXTE7.png
    qHlXgvY.jpg

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Dammit Chanus

I was just coming to post that crypto-NFt conference thing

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    Dammit Chanus

I was just coming to post that crypto-NFt conference thing

you've got to get up pretty early in the Sunday evening to get one over on ol' Chanus

Tales From The Crypto Conference

refouabxomuz.png

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Whelp. Turned on American Idol willingly for the first time in decades. Helps having a hometown person in the top 3.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022

The Onion: Man Struggling To Pierce Orange Peel With Fingernail Under Impression He Could Kill If He Had To

(With picture of a ginger in a hoodie trying to open an orange)

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    edited May 2022
    I try to use an upside down spoon to take off the outer skin, the rounded edges hug the contours better and if you pierce it accidentally it won’t cut your hand

Atomika on
    Works well on oranges too

hpdt7vf325f8.png

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i eat oranges the way they're meant to be eaten, like apple.

atkcqdhbk812.png

cut into slices by my mom

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I prefer tangerines.

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular

cut into slices by my mom

Our company team has a softball game on Wednesday and MrsNub is bringing orange slices

I’m very excited

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    lmao I’m gonao lmao lmao 🤣🤣🤣

This discussion has been closed.