As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Are you going to keep using Twitter, musk of Elon notwithstanding?

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Yes
    I'm interested in 5 point job applications. Would make job hunting much easier.

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    No
    Brom Prettanike, Liminal Consultant

1. Decades of litigation experience between Seelie and Unseelie courts.
    2. Survived hanging several times across four continents.
    3. I do not age, nor am I subject to linear time.
    4. Expert within the field of Abstract Communications.
    5. Extensive knowledge of whereabouts and use of soft places.

I just wanted to play. I’d never work for that asshole.

I would be very happy to be employed by Musk as a lawyer. I assume the pay is excellent, and it probably comes with a company car (a Tesla, but still).

I mean, I wouldn't actually do any work for him (and don't have a law degree anyway), but I'd be happy to cash the pay check.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    No
    Dr. Acula attorney at law.
    1. Expert at night court
    2. Referred to affectionately as a bloodsucking
    3. Professional dress at all times
    4. I never drink wine on the job
    5. Works for scale because I have old money

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    A combination of the previous options, arranged to fit my lifestyle and level of desired engagement

I would be very happy to be employed by Musk as a lawyer. I assume the pay is excellent, and it probably comes with a company car (a Tesla, but still).

I mean, I wouldn't actually do any work for him (and don't have a law degree anyway), but I'd be happy to cash the pay check.

Considering how dangerous those things seem to be, I wouldn't use it as a car if it was given to me. Maybe a very big and heavy lawn ornament.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Whenever I think of driving like a video game, I remember playing grand turismo 1 on the ps1, where you were either full throttle or no throttle and either steering full left or right or neutral, because the controls were all digital buttons. "Boy, driving seems hard, I can't stop crashing into the course walls. How do my parents do this?" Thought child me.

my mom would always be like 'I hope you don't drive in real life like you do in those games!' while knowing full well that I do, indeed, drive like I do in gta

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Yes
    • Have played two Phoenix Wright games
    • Have played Ghost Trick (that's not about lawyers but it's great and I wanted to say so)
    • Was once in the audience of a Tribunal and paid attention to almost all of it
    • Occasionally watches that YouTube lawyer guy
    • Seriously, Ghost Trick was great, and made me feel smart and also feelings

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Yes
    I feel like the actual joke here is that Elon Musk wants to be a cool nerd so much that one of these fake "resumes" would actually result in him hiring someone

You know, for the epic lols

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    A combination of the previous options, arranged to fit my lifestyle and level of desired engagement
    • Have played Ghost Trick (that's not about lawyers but it's great and I wanted to say so)

Was this Tribunal in a video game, by any chance?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Even if the voice controls were flawless, I don’t want to talk to my technology.

The best and most useful voice control for me was “Xbox, power on” because it told the console to start up while I was searching for my controller, thus saving me the time of the initial loading screens.

All the other voice controls Kinect have never came close to how often I used the power on function.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    No
    Perrsun wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Even if the voice controls were flawless, I don’t want to talk to my technology.

The best and most useful voice control for me was “Xbox, power on” because it told the console to start up while I was searching for my controller, thus saving me the time of the initial loading screens.

All the other voice controls Kinect have never came close to how often I used the power on function.

I liked the screen shot function.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Alexa, can entropy be reversed

And Alexa said, "LET THERE BE LIGHT!"

And there was light --

Actually can someone with an Alexa or Google Home ask it the question? I want to know what the response is, because when I had an Alexa I found out that the nerds who made it definitely left their touch.

Lol, my Alexa replied, "There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer"

JtgVX0H.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

I would expect more of a "paid in exposure" situation, IE lol he's not going to pay you

BahamutZERO.gif
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    anyone who takes that job had better be prepared to do the legal equivalent of putting a useless steering yoke with touch controls in a car, or get fired for failing to deliver whatever legal outcome he thinks he deserves

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    No
    mcp wrote: »
    Speaking of shitty social media, there was a class action lawsuit against Facebook for their use of biometric data or something in Illinois

Anyway Facebook lost and I got a $400 check

My wife also got I check, I swear I filled out the paperwork for that but never got squat

Yes
    Elaro wrote: »

Was this Tribunal in a video game, by any chance?

The joke would be much better if I were referring to the Morrowind expansion, but no

A company appealed an HMRC tax decision, and I'm on the case team, but not the part of the team that actually has to do anything on the day

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    So, satirical video game website Hard Drive made a post about solving the Zodiac Killer letter with VLC.

Then Elon Musk stole the image they made for the story (and he cropped off the Hard Drive watermark, if you're thinking it was just an accident.)

In response, Hard Drive asked that he not steal their work.

Of course, Musk responded in a... Muskian manner. And so things escalated:

Today's moral comes from Mark Twain: don't pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel.

(And to understand why this sort of theft is serious business for these websites):

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    God that guy's a dork

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    The 'tries to buy a rake he stepped on' one made me guffaw

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    The 'tries to buy a rake he stepped on' one made me guffaw

They highlight an actual real thing - Tesla factories are unsafer than others because hazard zones aren't marked in high visibility yellow - purely because Musk hates the color.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Maybe?
    Tesla factories are unsafer than others
    factories are unsafer
    unsafer
    unsafer

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Yes
    Elon Musk, the real life version of that one asshole in transformers 3

X22wmuF.jpg
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Yes
    the ultimate form of that snot nose little brat in the corner desk who has never been wrong

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    The worlds wealthiest human being also recently posted a dumpster fire Elden Ring build that he apparently has the spare 100 hours or so despite having 7 children and claiming to work 16 hours a day.

It's infuriating that like half of Wall Street and Silicon Valley still thinks this guy is a genius.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    So does he still want to buy Twitter

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Are we sure he actually played the game because oh god this is the worst build I've ever seen

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Stealing a joke and then claiming the joke was bad anyway is real peak asshole

Platy wrote: »
    So does he still want to buy Twitter

I think it's clear he doesn't intend to anymore and is running out the clock as long as he can before a court forces him to shit or get off the pot.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    Yes
    Couscous wrote: »

He's definitely the kind of guy who would stalk a woman's social media to ask her out, then call her ugly when she says no

You know, on top of showing her his fucked-up dick then trying to buy her silence with a pony

No
    Butters wrote: »
    The worlds wealthiest human being also recently posted a dumpster fire Elden Ring build that he apparently has the spare 100 hours or so despite having 7 children and claiming to work 16 hours a day.

It's infuriating that like half of Wall Street and Silicon Valley still thinks this guy is a genius.

Oh thank god it wasn't like my first build. Man that was a worrying moment.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited June 2022

"I don't even want that joke anyway. It's a dumb joke." He says as he wipes the burgeoning tears from his eyes.

Undead Scottsman on
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I'm certain Elon doesn't know the name of at least one of his children.

Yes
    Coinage wrote: »
    I'm certain Elon doesn't know the name of at least one of his children.

That's what happens when you name one of them by getting your phone to suggest a strong password

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular

He's definitely the kind of guy who would stalk a woman's social media to ask her out, then call her ugly when she says no

You know, on top of showing her his fucked-up dick then trying to buy her silence with a pony

hey now woah now... the pony was incentive for the dick stuff

the buying silence costed $250,000

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    Yes
    I'll be honest other than the weirdly high focus stat idk what's wrong with that build.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Yes
    Also not for nothing the man fucking commits crimes against humanity most days dunking on him for not min maxing right feels kinda pointless

X22wmuF.jpg
    No
    turtleant wrote: »
    Also not for nothing the man fucking commits crimes against humanity most days dunking on him for not min maxing right feels kinda pointless

Knowing his Ego dunking on him for having a bad Elden Ring build hurts him more than dunking on him for sexual assault.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I feel like he probably feeds off the attention for inconsequential things like that

BahamutZERO.gif
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Yes
    Once again dunking on terrible people for their most sympathetic traits.

edited June 2022
    I'll be honest other than the weirdly high focus stat idk what's wrong with that build.

The stats in a vacuum aren't a crime but they don't match the equipment which itself is entirely non-cohesive. He's a fat rolling spell caster with no ability to recover or even sustain from damage. As the article I shared says "Musk’s build is a guy who has spent zero seconds thinking about how the game actually works" which is fairly representative of a dude that thinks tunnels are immune to flooding.

He's a fractional trillionaire memelord. These are the conversations he manifests.

Butters on
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Maybe?
    I think the hours played is the real point there, dude spends all day shitposting on Twitter and playing video games and I know from personal experience that leaves little time for work or raising kids

…while he posts about Tesla engineers not working enough hours cause they only burn “midnight oil” and not “3am oil”

This discussion has been closed.