As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

the thread where we post moods

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    It's too nice outside

I'm in a bad mood it should be gloomy

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I hate that shit, wake up in a bad mood and it's all sunshine and pleasant temperatures and it smells of honeysuckle and you can hear the birds and you're just like

S3znzlU.jpg

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    perversely i enjoy rainy weather and it always cheers me up when i feel bad

direct sunlight is suffering

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I like natural lighting. I hate the sun.

sig.gif
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    perversely i enjoy rainy weather and it always cheers me up when i feel bad

direct sunlight is suffering

assuming I don't have to be out in it, a warm day-long thunderstorm is my very favorite weather and it's not even close

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I worked mostly at night in the military and I work pretty late these days, so I have to wear sunglasses in daylight, but I actually love when it’s sunny!

I want to have my vision augmented so I can wear sunglasses at night

I want to have my vision augmented so I can wear sunglasses at night

Just accept that you have no idea where you’re going and that you’ll fall occasionally. Make metaphors for life a reality tonight!

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    I’ve worn transitional lenses and wide brimmed hat for so long if I take ‘em off in the daylight I basically look like Elwood blues in this scene.

https://youtu.be/r3T1x57u8Ok

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I am officially beach body ready. By which I mean I'm already over summer and ready for the leaves to start turning so I can watch Twin Peaks again.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »

man I know this is a joke but it still makes me unreasonably angry

I just know there's someone out there that would say something like this and mean it

ndsUrNl.jpeg

vEaRQgH.png
    Current mood: pizza

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I wanna go dancing with my wife.

Is that mood, or does it need to be more dramatic?

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    sarukun: notorious Big Wife Guy

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    to the tune of the Bee Gees: ~how big is your wife~

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    I wanna go dancing with my wife.

Is that mood, or does it need to be more dramatic?

gay

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular

nux8lyhwd6ph.jpg

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Eat shit, Benjamin Franklin. By the way, how are your precious hot air balloons doing?

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    There's more pets than babies in America and over twice as many families have pets than have children. It's a fur baby boom.

Gvzbgul on
    PiptheFair wrote: »

legalize infant labor, problem solved

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    but how will we feed our domestic supply of infants

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Every week for the past month I've been awoken at 3am by low flying jets. I then have a hard time getting back to sleep because my wife wakes up worried they're ICBMs.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/I95UZVa2hiE
    You thought you were going to be a small and misunderstood architect
    Who builds his own tree house and from then on hides in it
    Then someone came who probably thought you had to go to school
    You thought, "I'll do it and what the heck, my house will still be there"
    Then the summer was already over and it was still not four
    You drew hundreds of houses on your greaseproof paper
    You thought, "When I grow up, I'll fuck growing up
    When I'm of age, I'll just allow myself all the fun"
    And then school was over and somehow there wasn't a house anymore
    No time to rebuild, things have to go uphill somehow
    You thought, "If I'm way ahead, no one will kick me in the buttocks
    Then I'll make the laws here and I'll make a lax one for me"
    And for that you hold out again, and not one degree, but four
    You drew a thousand old houses on gridded paper
    And with all that nice money you built a house near Bordeaux
    But every time you got home, all the lights were off
    You thought, "When I'm really old, I'll stop everything
    And then I only fill my life with beautiful, true, plump"
    You thought about it a lot and made a concrete plan
    You will drive to your parents' house on your first day as a pensioner
    You thought, "Then I'll finally build myself a house in my tree
    Which then grows up to the stars, like in my dream"
    You thought a lot on the drive and after the ten hours you were there
    But where your house with your tree was, there was an Edeka

• OdinOdin Registered User regular
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I feel like if I saw that plaque I'd be compelled to salute.

your watch has ended, brother.

if i saw that plaque, there is exactly one thing i would be compelled to do

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Anybody ever feel like they've completely lost control of their mind?

Not like, gone crazy just that it's become much harder to control thoughts and focus? I feel like over the last few years my attention span has shattered. I used to be able to sit down and focus in on a drawing for hours and hours and now I can maybe eek out 10 to 15 minutes before I feel like I need to stop and check my phone or something. I hate it.

Watching YouTube videos I'll often minimize the window and pull up something else so that I've got two indirect sources of stimuli, auditory and visual, and I'm not really focused on either. It's just noise. Something to keep my brain from wandering off into the deep dark woods.

I'm much more anxious these last few years as well. I seem to always be worried about something and this stress can manifest in a few ways for me that I've become aware of. I'm just not really sure what to do, so I think (especially at work) I seek out distractions to keep myself from fixating on those stressors. Even the forums have become a little fix of digital opiate to me.

Like, what I feel like I need to do is completely erase my digital presence, throw my phone into the ocean and go spend some time somewhere quiet, but I just don't know how feasible that is in this modern age of connectivity. How do you divorce yourself from the world when the world is now so digital and still exist as a person? Social media, being Online, all of it is a fucking drug. If you struggle with feelings of loneliness or isolation you turn to these things to feel connected but it only makes you feel even worse, so you try to chase the high with more of it. It's this vicious circle that's hard to break and I feel like I've done a reasonably good job of not actually being too reliant on those things. But I still feel the side effects of constant information overload, and even feelings of inferiority because the Algorithm has decided that all I will ever see (either in the forefront or just in the peripheral) are the terminally Hot and Successful, even in what should be a feed filled with short videos of dogs being weird little dudes.

I dunno. My mood is rambley and introspective.

Yes those feelings make a lot of sense Juggs

If I weren't moderately allergic to cats I would volunteer at the cat shelter next door myself just to have something to do with my time that isn't looking into the doom mirror in my pocket every twenty minutes.

I’m not taking the piss when I say go for a hike in the woods, climb in a cave (not deep if you’re alone) or swim in the sea. Lose signal.

Man I wish I could walk better right now but I was out of shape before getting sick and now a walk in the park sounds like an ordeal

This discussion has been closed.