As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Evil Dead: The [chat]

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    It’s taken over six years, but now I have an arbitrarily large number of internet points on a slowly dying internet forum by mostly visiting a slowly dying hyperspecific subsection of that forum

I should reward myself, I think

bk72f683748o.png

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Chat find me a chill exploration game

https://www.gog.com/game/obduction

Yeah. That is kind of the successor to Myst. It wasn't as popular, though.
    Really, I have not finished a Myst game. I almost finished Real Myst. I wonder if gog has my save. I was on the last extra book of it.

• TuminTumin Registered User regular
    I havent played Uru yet

I was gonna do em all from a sale but gog's Riven runs like shit

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I have a lot of agrees but not a ton

I farmed the GoT threads

Krathoon wrote: »

Really, I have not finished a Myst game. I almost finished Real Myst. I wonder if gog has my save. I was on the last extra book of it.

What's that Playstation game everyone hated where you calmly swim around and take photos of fish and fight off falling asleep? Not Abzu, the other one.

Real Myst always seemed to me the best way to play Myst. In full 3D.

Tumin wrote: »
    I havent played Uru yet

I was gonna do em all from a sale but gog's Riven runs like shit

I think Uru is better than any Myst game because I played and beat it without cheating and using a guide. The puzzle difficulty was juuuust right.

What's that Playstation game everyone hated where you calmly swim around and take photos of fish and fight off falling asleep? Not Abzu, the other one.

Subnautica?

There is also Shivers. Both are on gog. There was the old game called 9. It had the voices of allot of big actors.
    There is RAMA too.

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    a former colleague with very good intentions referred me to a sports analytics startup

there are many people who would be really interested in that and have so much fun, but for me it's an absolute non-starter

dunno whether I go through the motions with the recruiter for the interview practice or if I'm just like aw thanks but no thanks

but you could use the data to fuel the new gambling addiction you'd develop

a guy at my former company used the platform to run predictions on soccer games and made a decent amount gambling with said predictions

I really don't like gambling/it makes me nervous, and to me sports data is possibly even more boring than financial data

I think I just gotta politely thank the guy for reaching out and turn him down

but what if

e-sports

I'm not even watching MSI rn

I do sometimes get into following pro LoL but honestly it's not that interesting to me and I've really stopped in the past 2-3 years

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    twhl5t2mor8z.png

Thanks, I hate it.

Although it doesn't include my least favorite one "moving forward". Just say "From now on", for god's sake. Saying "moving forward" implies that you are more than happy to "move backward" as well. It's a filler phrase. No one would say "moving backward". Jesus.

some of these have crept into my vocabulary over the last few years and I'm mad about it >:[

Fuck.

I have spent the last 2 weeks talking about how much we need to write down our pain points, and about how we need to get buy-in from management and others to fix shit. I also use solo, optics, and bandwidth in the context of us being overwhelmed soooo much.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Pain points means bread points in French Canadian.

PSN: Honkalot
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Pain points means bread points in French Canadian.

mais, non

are YOU on the beer list?
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I have Strange New Worlds, Obi-Wan, Stranger Things, and Shoresy all open in new tabs, an open book lying beside me, and I am in a pretty good mood chat.

I need to do some outdoor shit but it's all overcast and misty outside and I'd rather just drink beers and maybe fall alseep AFTER I put the candle out this time.

• YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular
    Astroneer is pretty chill.

Walking around in the woods stalking AH in the dead of night is

pretty chill

There is also The Witness, by Johnathan Blow.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witness_(2016_video_game)

Still haven't finished Braid.

pretty chill

I haven't mowed or bush hogged in over a year so I wouldn't recommend it. You're always welcome though.

• navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular

pretty chill

I haven't mowed or bush hogged in over a year so I wouldn't recommend it. You're always welcome though.

Tick Infestation Simulator

Firewatch was pretty great.

If you don't mind just a wee bit of combat, button prompting, etc. then Enslaved: Journey to the West is a deep cut from like 10 years ago that was amazing. Also Until Dawn, honestly.

I haven't done Life is Strange/Gone Home/Witness but I hear they're awesome.

Journey lost my attention pretty quick though.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    [r

I hate this so much. Like, I have ADHD. I constantly have to struggle with it, and I take my meds every day so that I can kinda sorta function. I don't have a superpower. I'm not special. The notion that de-stigmatizing means that we instead have to worship disabilities/impairments (I tend to think of my mental shit as a cognitive impairment rather than a disability, like I'm drunk all the time on anxiety, depression, and a lack of dopamine). It's okay for things to be bad! Like, if my kidney just didn't work right and I had a condition there wouldn't be any stigma, it's not my fault I got a shit kidney! I got a bum brain, and that sucks, but like it's not my fault my brain is shit! I don't think that it's my fault, and no one else should either.

Or maybe I have super justice sensitivity powers, where through no fault of my own I am just better than some of you, you "normies." I didn't study and work to develop my sense of right and wrong, I didn't try to improve myself as a person, I haven't spent effort and time to make my character more virtuous, I was just given this by the grace of having a brain with dopamine issues.

Suck it nerds.

All of these things basically end up coming back to this for me:

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

I heard there was a good zelda but with translating runes game going around about a month ago? I forget what it's called now.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

I heard there was a good zelda but with translating runes game going around about a month ago? I forget what it's called now.

Tunic

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Myst recently got a remaster that I think was decent? They also added the ability to randomize the puzzles if you've played before, so that is neat.
    I was a big fan of Obduction. It does both 3D movement and point-and-click/node based movement.
    I liked the puzzle solving of The Witness, but Jonathan Blow is kind of insufferable so ymmv.
    A little less "exploration" and maybe not quite chill (gameplay itself chill, but content isn't as much), but I absolutely loved Return of the Obra Dinn.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I have Life is Strange but every time I've picked it up I drop it after an hour or so. I think it's the pacing.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    [r

I hate this so much. Like, I have ADHD. I constantly have to struggle with it, and I take my meds every day so that I can kinda sorta function. I don't have a superpower. I'm not special. The notion that de-stigmatizing means that we instead have to worship disabilities/impairments (I tend to think of my mental shit as a cognitive impairment rather than a disability, like I'm drunk all the time on anxiety, depression, and a lack of dopamine). It's okay for things to be bad! Like, if my kidney just didn't work right and I had a condition there wouldn't be any stigma, it's not my fault I got a shit kidney! I got a bum brain, and that sucks, but like it's not my fault my brain is shit! I don't think that it's my fault, and no one else should either.

Or maybe I have super justice sensitivity powers, where through no fault of my own I am just better than some of you, you "normies." I didn't study and work to develop my sense of right and wrong, I didn't try to improve myself as a person, I haven't spent effort and time to make my character more virtuous, I was just given this by the grace of having a brain with dopamine issues.

Suck it nerds.

I feel this hardcore

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Shipping said 10-16 weeks got here in less than a month

(Boy for scale)

s0sbb40gv5ty.jpeg

Spool sent me The Long Dark a while back, the one with Jennifer Hale in the frozen wilderness, and I tried so many times to do well at it, but I kept dying a lot, which is embarrassing for someone that's made fire with two sticks once.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Oh yes Tunic is superb

Everyone should play it. It got swallowed by Elden Ring and it's a damn shame

• tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular

Honestly The Hunter: Call of Wild game is a really pretty walking simulator. Where you just shoot an animal occasionally.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    🎶Boy!
    Boy for scale!

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    i just had an italian sandwich

but i dont feel any more italian now than i already was

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    [r

Suck it nerds.

I have that really ingratiating friend that always feels like she has something to offer me about mental health, and last week she was pestering me about the depressive slump I’ve been in. She tried to tell me, “yoga changed my life!” and I needed to get in to see a naturopath and I just very directly told her to stop suggesting those things and I don’t believe in any of it.

She was taken aback and seemed to be kinda offended, which honestly I’m not sure it’s her right to be. I didn’t ask her for any help, and I sure don’t need to be pitched on snake oil bullshit when I’m juggling thoughts of self-harm.

She hasn’t said anything to me since then, so I guess she took the hint.

Subnautica?

Subnautica is NOT chill.

I think I was thinking of Beyond Blue. Never played it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wAilQhFkUM

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    [r

Suck it nerds.

I feel this hardcore

because you're an empath

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    subnautica is chill until you go into deep waters and a space shark eats you

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    If you want chill, you've got to go to Subnautica: Below Zero.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

and as a bonus, it has space penguins

Zavian wrote: »
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

and as a bonus, it has space penguins

MNJuLHo.jpg

This discussion has been closed.