As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Job] thread brought to you by WAP.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Teenagers are large children. Unfortunately, we treat them as small adults.

taps the "humans are subadult adolescents until age 25/26" sign

PolaritiekimeElvenshaeToxHefflingTofystedethCommander ZoomCambiataMulysaSemproniusCormacSorceTynnanfurlion#pipeRoyceSraphim
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    Oh boy. How badly is the student going to get nailed to the wall?

I do not know. I only overheard the talk between the sro and the vice principal. I saw it though. It was one of those water pellet toys, but one that was completely black with wood grips and the tiniest of orange tips that looked exactly like a real one. Like dude. What the fuck are you thinking.

Maybe their head is completely empty? Has anyone checked to see if there's a brain in there, much less a functioning one?

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I mean, teenagers just do not yet have the brain structures to grok actual longterm consequences. Which is why it's insane that we let them join the military.

minor incidentkimeHefflingtynicTofystedethCommander ZoomCambiataNarbusMechMantisSkeithMulysaSemproniusShadowfireSleepCormacSorcefurlionPacificstarRoyceSraphim
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited May 27
    Tik tok.

Gvzbgul on
    ThroPacificstar
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    I mean, teenagers just do not yet have the brain structures to grok actual longterm consequences. Which is why it's insane that we let them join the military.

Unfortunately that’s actively how they get them to join the military

minor incidentkime3cl1ps3jungleroomxToxtynicN1tSt4lkerKayne Red RobeCommander ZoomCambiataSkeithMulysaSemproniusEchoBullheadGoose!RoyceSraphim
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Ain't nothing better to lubricate the machine of war than fresh blood. We also let the military lure teenagers who get pulled in by socioeconomic conditions cutting off most other routes, because it promises free college education and sometimes citizenship.

initiatefailure3cl1ps3minor incidentSorce
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    There was like one fight, between two people, then like four or five other people just started punching other people for semi related reasons of that fight, another four or people were suspended for filming the fight, maybe two people were suspended as they were partners of the people who were fighting and they mouthed off at the teachers. Then there was a seperate fight, and then three other kids were just suspended for general dumb kid shit.

Were they by chance members of local martial-arts dojos that have had bad-blood for three decades??

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    minor incidentGnizmosponoTofystedethThroJust_Bri_ThanksMulysaSemproniusPacificstar
  • minor incidentminor incident discount etsy agitprop Registered User regular
    edited May 27
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Blake T wrote: »
    There was like one fight, between two people, then like four or five other people just started punching other people for semi related reasons of that fight, another four or people were suspended for filming the fight, maybe two people were suspended as they were partners of the people who were fighting and they mouthed off at the teachers. Then there was a seperate fight, and then three other kids were just suspended for general dumb kid shit.

Were they by chance members of local martial-arts dojos that have had bad-blood for three decades??

If no one got thrown off a staircase and ended up paralyzed, it sounds like everyone's overreacting here.

minor incident on
    You're trying my patience, try pink carnations
    Just_Bri_ThanksMulysaSemproniusPacificstar
  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Kids these days! In my day no one got suspended for filming fights!

Mostly because they would have had to have had the foresight to bring the giant over the shoulder camcorder, make sure the battery was charged, the vhs was ready, the cap was off, etc....

ThegreatcowThroKayne Red RobeCommander ZoomCambiataDisruptedCapitalistkimeMulysaSemproniusgodmodeSleepstopgapSorcelonelyahavaSporkAndrewPacificstarBullhead
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Reason number x++ I will never be a programmer
    5hwca1vi9yy6.png

PellaeonPolaritieElvenshaeThegreatcowHefflingwebguy20GnizmotynicCarpyMoridin889sponoMrMonroeN1tSt4lkerKayne Red RobeJedocStempyani_game_bumCommander Zoom3cl1ps3CambiataDarkPrimusNarbusMechMantisInfidelFlarneSkeithPreacherchromdomJust_Bri_ThanksDisruptedCapitalistLuianekimeRadiationOghulkMulysaSemproniusstopgapCormacTynnanSorcefurlionlonelyahavatyrannusIloveslimesjungleroomxAntoshkaCalicaPacificstarBullheadL Ron HowardLokarnFishmanGoose!RoyceSraphim
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Help. I just fell through a time vortex. There are students in the hallway playing Hacky Sack.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

TofystedethCommander ZoomMechMantisSkeithPreacherchromdomDisruptedCapitalistRadiationgodmodeShadowfireSleepTynnanSorcelonelyahavaIloveslimesPacificstarGoose!
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Reason number x++ I will never be a programmer
    5hwca1vi9yy6.png

Is that a challenge?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    CambiataDisruptedCapitalistASimPersonRoyceSraphim
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Quick - check for a suspicious smell of suntan lotion and weed. You might have an infestation of surferbros.

Just_Bri_ThanksSorcePacificstar
    Help. I just fell through a time vortex. There are students in the hallway playing Hacky Sack.

Yeah, but I bet they’re doing it ironically.

• ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    edited May 27

Everytime I see hilarious code comments, I always come back to this video. Always gives me a chuckle

Thegreatcow on
    CambiataCormacRoyceSraphim

Yeah, but I bet they’re doing it ironically.

End of school year comes for us all

Elvenshae
  • expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular

I do not know. I only overheard the talk between the sro and the vice principal. I saw it though. It was one of those water pellet toys, but one that was completely black with wood grips and the tiniest of orange tips that looked exactly like a real one. Like dude. What the fuck are you thinking.

I shit you not, this has been a tiktok challenge for over a month.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
    Commander Zoom
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    People often ask me about which books are the best, but nobody ever asks about which ones are the worst. Anyway, it's Friday and I'm bored, so I decided to get to the bottom of it.

I ran a report of all 21,143 books currently on the shelves of my library's adult non-fiction section. Of those, 3,296 have never been checked out, by anyone, ever. 709 of them have been on the shelf since 2019 or earlier, so they can't even blame their miserable failure on the pandemic. Sorting the list by inventory date gives us the least-loved book in the library, which has sat in splendid isolation since October 24, 2012:

aqubltknmng5.png

Sorry, Shakespeare lovers. Science and math have ganged up on this humanities nerd and conclusively proven that this is the worst book in the library.

Other highlights from the bottom of the list:

The biggest waste of taxpayer dollars appears to be Sociology: Exploring the Architecture of Everyday Life by David Newman, which has been quietly ignored since it was first shelved in January of 2018 and cost the library $108 for some goddamn reason. Although you could also argue for The World of Renaissance Italy: A Daily Life Encyclopedia by Joseph Patricia Bryne. Each of its two volumes cost us $99, and neither has been checked out since February of 2018.

The cheapest is a pocket edition of Hamlet that set us back a cool $4.95, which I suppose was worth a shot.

One title achieved a rare dual nevercirc: Two copies of The Doula's Guide To Empowering Your Birth by Lindsey Bliss have both failed to be read by anyone since they hit the shelves in January 2019.

And finally, we have Whatever You Choose to Be:8 Tips For the Road Ahead by Ann Romney. According to the door counter, we have had a shade over one million library visits since May 15th, 2015. Every single one of those visitors was profoundly disinterested in Ann Romney's shit.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    ToxCarpyminor incidentElvenshaeexpendableani_game_bumtynic3cl1ps3DarkPrimusCambiataMoridin889sponoNarbusYoshisummonsMechMantisSkeithPeenchromdomBrovid HasselsmofJust_Bri_ThankskimeGvzbgulHefflingASimPersonMulysaSemproniusSleepstopgapCormacTynnanSorceDoctorArchfurlionlonelyahavaIloveslimesAntoshkaSporkAndrewBullheadL Ron HowardPenumbraRoyceSraphim
  • N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    edited May 27

Huh. Well I guess if early 90s fashion trends are back, may as well throw in some hacky sack, too.

N1tSt4lker on
    ZonugalThroElvenshaePacificstar
  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    N1tSt4lker wrote: »

Huh. Well I guess if early 90s fashion trends are back, may as well throw in some hacky sack, too.

Eagerly awaiting the NFT version of Pogs

ThegreatcowThroPacificstar
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Pellaeon wrote: »

Pretty sure that's what the apes are.

steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
    Elvenshaethatassemblyguyminor incidentThegreatcowKayne Red RobeSorceSporkAndrew

All my slammers, gone

minor incidentN1tSt4lkerElvenshaeZonugalInfidelThegreatcowCambiataMulysaSemproniusKayne Red RobePacificstarPenumbraRoyceSraphim

All my slammers, gone

They slurped his metal buzz saw slammers!

ElvenshaeZonugalThegreatcow
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited May 27

nah some pogs were actually cool

Houk the Namebringer on
    MulysaSemproniuslonelyahavaThro
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    At least with reference books there’s the chance someone used them without checking them out of the library

NREqxl5.jpg
    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
    Commander ZoomElvenshaeMulysaSemproniusDarkPrimusToxSleep
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    expendable wrote: »

I shit you not, this has been a tiktok challenge for over a month.
    social media was a mistake

walrus.png
    expendableElvenshae
    At least with reference books there’s the chance someone used them without checking them out of the library

Only if they were put back on the shelf without us realizing! Which we have many polite signs asking people not to do.

Books found on tables or on the reshelving carts are run through the sorter, which registers an in-house circ. That way we can take that kind of usage into account when deciding whether to weed or replace reference-style items.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    RadiationMulysaSemproniusDarkPrimusToxGizzySorceThroCalicaElvenshae
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

Usually that shows up in the system, if the books are being discharged after the shelving cart is pulled into the work area for sorting. Granted I don't know what ILS or procedures are being used in Jedoc's library system.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

Only if they were put back on the shelf without us realizing! Which we have many polite signs asking people not to do.

Books found on tables or on the reshelving carts are run through the sorter, which registers an in-house circ. That way we can take that kind of usage into account when deciding whether to weed or replace reference-style items.

Oh la la look at this fancy library with an electronic sorter. Ooooooo.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Commander ZoomJedocwebguy20expendableCarpyThegreatcowRadiationPeenMoridin889DarkPrimusN1tSt4lkerthatassemblyguyToxSleepTynnanSorceAl_watSkeithThroElvenshaeani_game_bumBullheadRoyceSraphim
    gck4a58fna5r.png

Real-time footage from Semi-Mega Library Two

GDdCWMm.jpg
    DisruptedCapitalistThegreatcowPreacherN1tSt4lkerToxTynnanElvenshae
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    My right knee is giving me some shit. It's kind of swollen and it hurts to kneel or crouch. Which is annoying because I spend like 70% of my workday kneeling or crouching. Which is probably completely unrelated I'm sure.

PreacherThroPacificstar
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    I don't know how to actually get any work done today.

zkHcp.jpg
    KwoaruCarpy

ZonugalJedocchromdomElvenshaeRoyceSraphim
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Meanwhile we have fourteen more school days before the school year is done!

Congrats, Librarian's Ghost!!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    RadiationRoyceSraphim
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I didn't feel like working this afternoon after this week, so I told my team to take the afternoon off so that I could do the same.

I'm sure some shit is hitting the fan right now and I'm sure I couldn't give a fuuuuuck.

GnizmoElvenshaePacificstar
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Meanwhile we have fourteen more school days before the school year is done!

Congrats, Librarian's Ghost!!

Sicko.png

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

If they only took people who could grok longterm decisions into the military, there would be no military.

Orca
  • OghulkOghulk Registered User regular
    I cannot tell you all how relieved I am to know that my partner has turned in her badge and does not have to go into a school building again for at least two months. Multiple threats were made to other schools in the area (but not in her district, thankfully) this week after the obvious.

ElvenshaePacificstar
    God damn what a school year. I can’t believe it is over.

Going to be disastrous next year due to teacher shortages though.

expendableOghulkZonugalCommander ZoomPreacherHeffling3cl1ps3Kayne Red RobeSorceLou29SkeithElvenshaeBullhead
  • FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    Current boss of my facility has been getting louder complaining about how no one should be working from home. I have a regular remote day already approved prior to this boss coming here, so I think my plan is to say nothing and keep doing what I've been doing.

And also hope I get an offer from the place I interviewed.

I got the offer today and it's a 15% increase in pay??? Okay!

JedocPeenwebguy20sponoCommander ZoomPreacherInquisitorOrcaRadiationNarbusASimPersonH0b0manEtheatynicHefflingJust_Bri_ThanksTofystedeth3cl1ps3InfidelchromdomAthenorNaphtaliCambiataUbikPinfeldorfGnizmothatassemblyguyShadowfireToxMulysaSemproniusDevoutlyApatheticKayne Red RobestopgapCormacCarpySorceDoctorArchAl_watAldouserfurlionSnicketysnicklonelyahavaKwoaruschussSkeith#pipeIloveslimesAntoshkaCalicaElvenshaeSporkAndrewPacificstarani_game_bumBullheadAustinP0027ThegreatcowCurly_BraceL Ron HowardFishmanRoyceSraphim