As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Evil Dead: The [chat]

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    subnautica is chill until you go into deep waters and a space shark eats you

f7e71bd807f05a8154fbba025b075288.jpg

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    Tumin wrote: »
    Walking around in the woods stalking AH in the dead of night is

pretty chill

I haven't mowed or bush hogged in over a year so I wouldn't recommend it. You're always welcome though.

Tick Infestation Simulator

qa7rotyul24k.jpeg

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    I know of at least two people worse than tyrannus

sig.gif
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    What if I'm the worst person I know

Chat find me a chill exploration game

https://www.nps.gov/yose/index.htm

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    that moose needs either birds or mongoose spas
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXW_1i1pA0w

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    [r

I hate this so much. Like, I have ADHD. I constantly have to struggle with it, and I take my meds every day so that I can kinda sorta function. I don't have a superpower. I'm not special. The notion that de-stigmatizing means that we instead have to worship disabilities/impairments (I tend to think of my mental shit as a cognitive impairment rather than a disability, like I'm drunk all the time on anxiety, depression, and a lack of dopamine). It's okay for things to be bad! Like, if my kidney just didn't work right and I had a condition there wouldn't be any stigma, it's not my fault I got a shit kidney! I got a bum brain, and that sucks, but like it's not my fault my brain is shit! I don't think that it's my fault, and no one else should either.

Or maybe I have super justice sensitivity powers, where through no fault of my own I am just better than some of you, you "normies." I didn't study and work to develop my sense of right and wrong, I didn't try to improve myself as a person, I haven't spent effort and time to make my character more virtuous, I was just given this by the grace of having a brain with dopamine issues.

Suck it nerds.

All of these things basically end up coming back to this for me:

I have that really ingratiating friend that always feels like she has something to offer me about mental health, and last week she was pestering me about the depressive slump I’ve been in. She tried to tell me, “yoga changed my life!” and I needed to get in to see a naturopath and I just very directly told her to stop suggesting those things and I don’t believe in any of it.

She was taken aback and seemed to be kinda offended, which honestly I’m not sure it’s her right to be. I didn’t ask her for any help, and I sure don’t need to be pitched on snake oil bullshit when I’m juggling thoughts of self-harm.

She hasn’t said anything to me since then, so I guess she took the hint.

The amount of people that are talking about religion and don't realize they are pitching you a religion is too damn high!

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

this is like the dreams i have whenever i need to pee

my body is like "absolutely no, you cannot, we are in bed" and my dreams are like "you really must, dang" and the end result is a series of dreams about terrible obstacles

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    A very 80s silly beach movie.
    https://youtu.be/AO5TDqOYJdM

I took pictures of the moose we saw in Maine

e1ns0j1h33nw.jpeg
    gljqwonc0jni.jpeg

I don’t see any ticks

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    i just see moth-man

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Maybe she's onto something just pitching the wrong religion

Have you tried to live human sacrifice about it

ftOqU21.png
  • TuminTumin Registered User regular
    728ijwra0q7k.png

VishNub wrote: »
    I don’t see any ticks

If you don't see any ticks, maybe the tick is you

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    delicious ticks

edited May 2022
    3kstk2x4gdji.png

Tumin on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    There's no studies that say cutting out hearts with an obsidian knife and offering them to Huitzilopochtli doesn't result in marked improvements in patients suffering from clinical depression

ftOqU21.png
    just remember, if you eat the tick thats sucked your blood then you get your blood back

I took pictures of the moose we saw in Maine

e1ns0j1h33nw.jpeg
    gljqwonc0jni.jpeg

VishNub

have you considered not taking pictures with your potato?

Maybe getting a better potato?

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    0yufokbmo42h.jpeg

👀

Orca wrote: »
    Maybe getting a better potato?

I actually have my wife’s old dslr

I just never take it anywhere because then I’d have to carry it and photography is a second order consideration for me at best.

Also it’s not waterproof so I would not expect it to live very long

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    This fucking Mario Soccer Demo
    So the demo is only available for 2 days, only for 3 hours per day, with those 3 hours split into 3 chunks.

I just enjoy posting terrible pictures

The moose might have robbed you if you had a nice camera

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Oh, is it [chat] draws a moose thread time?

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    This is kind of beautiful. A male kestrel learning to take care of his chicks after the mother went missing:

https://youtu.be/WJAXRza37MI

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Krathoon wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Chat find me a chill exploration game

https://www.gog.com/game/obduction

Yeah. That is kind of the successor to Myst. It wasn't as popular, though.
    Really, I have not finished a Myst game. I almost finished Real Myst. I wonder if gog has my save. I was on the last extra book of it.

What's that Playstation game everyone hated where you calmly swim around and take photos of fish and fight off falling asleep? Not Abzu, the other one.

Subnautica?

@Hi I'm Vee!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
    I just enjoy posting terrible pictures

yorKRzl.jpg

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    yoga helping mental illness isn't snake oil!

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Those pictures are brilliant. You could claim they’re of anything.

Bigfoot, a UFO sighting, Jimmy Hoffa’s ghost, anything.

In general excercise is good for mental health. and Yoga is tougher exercise than it looks like.

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    my brother is the king of unsolicited advice. it comes from a good place because he cares about other people's wellbeing and hates to see other people in distress or discomfort, but he often goes overboard and starts giving too much advice on stuff he doesn't know much about

so I just started politely telling him 'thanks but I don't need advice about this problem, I'm just letting you know about it' and it works well

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    my brother is the king of unsolicited advice. it comes from a good place because he cares about other people's wellbeing and hates to see other people in distress or discomfort, but he often goes overboard and starts giving too much advice on stuff he doesn't know much about

so I just started politely telling him 'thanks but I don't need advice about this problem, I'm just letting you know about it' and it works well

a really good way of delivering this message to him is to start with a positive and then utilize “we” a lot so he doesn’t feel like you’re singling him out also
    leqimp3xhh8h.jpeg

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    yoga helping mental illness isn't snake oil!
    She followed up by pitching naturopathy

Yoga isn't in and of itself snake oil but attributing unproven benefits to it is

It's helpful in the same way any physical activity can be helpful

There's nothing magically unique about fancy stretching and breathing exercises

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    In general excercise is good for mental health. and Yoga is tougher exercise than it looks like.

also exercise releases endorphins which can almost be like a personal high, it's a nice feeling to have after working out, but you get that from any exercise, you don't have to specifically do yoga

but dan Jesus visited Buddha before he was 33

My unscientific opinion is yoga requires a high level of concentration that some folks might find more beneficial than other exercise.

Try rolling

This discussion has been closed.