As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Evil Dead: The [chat]

• TuminTumin Registered User regular
    3000 ft lmao get rekt

• CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond I've been out walking Registered User regular
    Listen we are inordinately proud of our little hills

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    "Munro" is very commonly understood in Scotland, though more in the sense of "significant hill" than the technical definition. "Bagging a Munro" is a common tourist checklist item.

All the others are basically in-group jargon used by people interested in compiling lists of the hills they've walked up and comparing said lists with other people's lists of the same

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    That is disturbing

I am not a fan

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    I think yoga probably helps a lot with people who have issues with general anxiety because its focusing techniques are analogous to the same ones clinical psychotherapists use to treat the same issues

I, on the other hand, suffer from periodic flare-ups of depression related to a long history of familial abuse that I’m already medicated for, go to weekly therapy to treat, and have even undergone experimental TMS treatments to minimize.

So when I tell someone—who is a medical person, to boot—that the reason I haven’t been up for hangouts lately is because I’m too busy intoxicating myself into a stupor to prevent acting on impulses of self-harm, “Have ya tried yoga or seeing someone about eating magic dirt?” seems . . . childish, I guess? Unserious? Decidedly it felt insulting, even though I know it wasn’t intended as such.

I know someone with Crohns who's ready to knife the next person that suggests Turmeric.

I’ll buy them the knife

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    it was difficult to upload/download/run but my python Ranker is functional as a stand-alone app now.
    u29ojpxkstay.png

Who will be ranked #1

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    This apartment is cool and all but I don’t have any toilet paper or soap or anywhere to sit

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    This apartment is cool and all but I don’t have any toilet paper or soap or anywhere to sit

A bidet would solve most of this.

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular

bidet for the butt butt

its the secret big toilet paper doesn't want you to know

I do have to eventually disconnect my bidet from the toilet at my old place and then install it at the new place. But that sounds suspiciously like work I don’t want to do

As though I didn’t mortgage my home to buy a 230 dollar bidet a couple years ago

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I do have to eventually disconnect my bidet from the toilet at my old place and then install it at the new place. But that sounds suspiciously like work I don’t want to do

Just wear gloves and do a good thorough disinfecting wash before you transport it.

Not just as a general good idea, but you don't want to accidentally bring any of your ex-roommates shit into your new home.

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    gather three sea shells

Wordplay, thoughtful but hidden meaning, A+ post

Call your landlord hth

Unrelated, did my therapy session today from home and the whole time, my dog came in just laid next to me or curled up in her bed behind me. Good dog, very supportive. Also I think my therapist is good and that the sessions are going well.

Twenty bidets our butts are so clean but my family is dying pls help

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    Who will be ranked #1

Right now, it's Chrono Trigger. doubtful it will ever be dethroned.

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Twenty bidets our butts are so clean but my family is dying pls help

spend less on bidets

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
    That's the whole point of the original joke as explained in my thirty part seven hundred hour youtube series

• navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Optional annual corporate survey w/extra side survey on the side:

Please participate!

We will raffle a fitbit to those that do it!

We extended the turn in date!

Fill it out! Why won't you fill it out!

Fill the goddam survey out!

Fuck you guys better not make us come in last for participation!

So goes the optional survey theater.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I leave for 10 minutes…….

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

And boy are my arms tired!!

PSN: Honkalot
  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    honk

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »

And boy are my arms tired!!

This is why we can’t have nice things

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I think yoga probably helps a lot with people who have issues with general anxiety because its focusing techniques are analogous to the same ones clinical psychotherapists use to treat the same issues

I, on the other hand, suffer from periodic flare-ups of depression related to a long history of familial abuse that I’m already medicated for, go to weekly therapy to treat, and have even undergone experimental TMS treatments to minimize.

So when I tell someone—who is a medical person, to boot—that the reason I haven’t been up for hangouts lately is because I’m too busy intoxicating myself into a stupor to prevent acting on impulses of self-harm, “Have ya tried yoga or seeing someone about eating magic dirt?” seems . . . childish, I guess? Unserious? Decidedly it felt insulting, even though I know it wasn’t intended as such.

The APA recommends yoga for soldiers suffering from PSTD, based on some clinical data

Idk, any regular physical activity with other people is going to improve your mental health at least a small amount

I recognize people with depression don’t like hearing that they should haul their shambling, miserable forms to places to do things because depression is a cruel disease, but do yoga is good advice for mental illness if you have the money and time

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

Nope nope noooooooo nope nope nope

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

The APA recommends yoga for soldiers suffering from PSTD, based on some clinical data

Idk, any regular physical activity with other people is going to improve your mental health at least a small amount

I recognize people with depression don’t like hearing that they should haul their shambling, miserable forms to places to do things because depression is a cruel disease, but do yoga is good advice for mental illness if you have the money and time

Going carless has actually been quite a boon for my mental health.

Also, not being afraid to have 1-2 beers or a single drink every now and again has actually been pretty beneficial to how I feel.

It's not that they don't like hearing it, it's that they don't have the willpower to do it because depression

Easy to know what you should do, hard to execute on it, especially consistently.

Friday recap, got to sleep in a bit, had a run and good weightlifting session at the gym, played with the dog, had a good therapy session, and now I'm having some soju and playing video games.

Good day.

Glad someone's having a good week.

In all honesty this week has been about as shitty a week as I've had in...I can't recall how long.

Not ready to talk about it yet, but fucking hell. Can 2022 be over yet?

I'm missing the halcyon days of 2020 right now.

Krathoon wrote: »

Nope nope noooooooo nope nope nope

I am surprised Namco has not told them to take it down. It uses Pac Man sound effects.

Orca for one, dang blurgh bad week ❤

Have you tried investing in bidets?

Weaver wrote: »
    Orca for one, dang blurgh bad week ❤

Have you tried investing in bidets?

Not yet, but clearly I should

at least my ass would feel better about the week

alms for the bidetless?

I guess I will get a buffalo chicken pizza. Dominos?

Instead of meal planning I acquired an electric guitar and my anxiety about playing too loud is down 100% and it's a million times easier

Many year late buy would pointlessly stagnate again

This discussion has been closed.