As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Evil Dead: The [chat]

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    6bg7u4dpnl23.jpeg

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    ... my dad was married, had me, and my folks together had a 2 story home, 2 cars, a sailboat, a motorcycle, and a pension that is still taking care of them...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    in Everquest there is a low level dungeon called the Estate of Unrest, abbreviated "UR"

and there is a camp in Unrest's basement often abbreviated "BM"

and there has been a guy in general chat for the last three hours going "UR BM NEEDS TANK" every 5-10 minutes and i can only imagine reading that with no context

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    That feeling when you walk into an olive garden and it's all italians eating there so you know the breadsticks be like woah

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    ... my dad was married, had me, and my folks together had a 2 story home, 2 cars, a sailboat, a motorcycle, and a pension that is still taking care of them...

My parents were like 23 and 26 when I was born and they had two cars and a brick house on undergrad degrees. My dad hadn’t even graduated when I was born, I think he was working part-time as a mechanic.

Shit is so fucked right now

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    in Everquest there is a low level dungeon called the Estate of Unrest, abbreviated "UR"

and there is a camp in Unrest's basement often abbreviated "BM"

and there has been a guy in general chat for the last three hours going "UR BM NEEDS TANK" every 5-10 minutes and i can only imagine reading that with no context

I assume that the original folks who pioneered that game knew exactly what they were doing when they came up with that shorthand.

Maybe even the devleopers.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    let it never be said that i didn't generate revenue for shareholders

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Watching Blade Runner (1982) again

Something that always strikes me is how much Holden (the Blade Runner who gets shot by Leon in the opening scene) resembles Harrison Ford. His mannerisms, even the timbre of his voice...one could almost mistake him for Ford.

But not Ford in this movie. More like Han Solo.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

Boomers were on easy mode, don't beat yourself up over it.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    How do they find these actors for Stranger Things geeeez

Tumin on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »

What does that mean?

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    JebusUD wrote: »

What does that mean?

It means they are always so perfect for the B characters

Billie was so perfect. So good. There's more.good ones in this series!

Tumin on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »

What does that mean?

It means they are always so perfect for the B characters

Billie was so perfect. So good. There's more.good ones in this series!

Oh OK. That's true.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    ivdiwz53jpv0.png

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Just put a couple pounds of sliced steak in marinade in the fridge to be turned into jerky tomorrow.

• Options
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

There is not, nor has there ever been such a thing as a meaningful life. I'm not surprised that the lack of one isn't a big deal.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    My life means an incredible amount to my cat, she would starve without me.

She can only eat my dead body for so long.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    You can just say your life is meaningful because you are experiencing it and that's enough

The bar for meaning is so low and to call a life happy so much more fraught and arguable

Tumin on
  • Options
    Winky wrote: »

This ad brought to you by Dominos

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular

1KpioMS.jpg

• Options
    Zavian wrote: »

1KpioMS.jpg

Livers, hearts, stomach lining?

• Options
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    We've all had meaningful lives in the sense that everyone hear has had an outsized impact in the destruction of the environment.

Ugh that was supposed to be humorous but ended up being way too dark.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    90% of a person's actions are probably going to mostly be tedious shit like brushing teeth, taking a dump, or being unconscious because of sleep

Hard for that to be meaninful

Couscous on
  • Options
    How meaningful your life is not something that be judged by somebody who is not you.

People trying to do that is one of the places from where fascism comes from.

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    I just figure we are all doing our best, but in the grand scheme of things we are just random tree in Pangea or a sabertooth tiger 35k years ago trying to live our best lives.

We are internet pioneers and 10k years from now Dril tweets we saw might be the bible, but everything when have seen and touched will probably be forgotten and that's ok.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    as a nihilist,

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty happy and full of meaning.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Sleep is meaningful as fuck. I prefer it to most of the things I do while awake.

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Oh I actually feel like I live a good meaningful life.

I just am fine with in a century or two I'll be forgotten forever.

• Options
    I'm fine dying like, whenever, just let me erupt from a portal in somebodies bedroom or study like two centuries from now surrounded by ghostflame and carrying a dire warning.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

geez my fuckin soul left my body for a second from the emotional feeling of nails on a chalkboard

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    knitdan wrote: »
    Mom is super into a lot of nebulous naturopathy woo shit

When i first got sick she kept suggesting various "natural" solutions

And I finally had to tell her if even half that woo shit worked nobody would need dialysis or chemotherapy

my coworker (the one who gives his kids ivermectin daily) told me that I could cure covid with carrots

I ended up buying carrots because they're a healthy snack but I began to suspect as my covid dragged on that the carrots did nothing at all

getting status updates from the war in ukraine from this guy is fun, today the tartar mercenary army entered the fray armed with ancient, advanced weapons against the Ukranians but the Rothschilds are backing Ukraine so they'll win

override367 on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    it's categorically impossible to have a meaningful experience from outside your own frame of reference.

i would like to have a happy life and it has not gone well so far but i am improving year over year, i hope.

• Options
    Lucedes wrote: »
    it's categorically impossible to have a meaningful experience from outside your own frame of reference.

i would like to have a happy life and it has not gone well so far but i am improving year over year, i hope.

Wrong

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I am starting to loathe working with a specific team at work that is clearly either too lazy or just incapable of understanding simple logic.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Brushing your teeth is roughly as meaningful as anything else you do, your life is roughly as meaningful as anyone's who has every lived

The universe is ~14 billion years old, and time will remember none of it

This discussion has been closed.