As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars where we are going to fight about that one thing

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »
    They showed a trailer and it's only been 3 weeks so it's a lot of nothing but walking and charscter shots and we see the ghost crew and back of sabine

I didn’t notice Sabine in the clip I saw, just Ahsoka and Hera(!).

If the Ahsoka show is basically just a continuation of Rebels, I’d be 100% okay with that.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Is Ashoka going to be the first one of these rated R for language?

Don't worry, it's already bleeped

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    They showed a trailer and it's only been 3 weeks so it's a lot of nothing but walking and charscter shots and we see the ghost crew and back of sabine

If the Ahsoka show is basically just a continuation of Rebels, I’d be 100% okay with that.

Very end. In front of rebs mural

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I think the leaked clip I saw ended with the mural.

• Options

Very end. In front of rebs mural

Ohhh, the clip I saw cut off right as that mural appeared. I assumed it was a transition, didn’t realize it was an in universe shot. Neat!

• Options
    We are getting young qui gon and jedi dooku in animated form in tales of the jedi

• Options
    Voiced by neelson and his son!

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    oh god. i have some news about a... long absent character who was in kenobi episode 2. difficult news.

no, not that one. you may want to sit down for this.
    so y'know the force-sensitive kid fleeing with his mom to corellia in the second episode? his name's listed in the credits.

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Fuck yes I love Corran and I don't give a goddamn who knows. Gimme Talon Karrde and Booster Terrik next!!!

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I really just wish they had cast someone else for ahsoka

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Because we know how things go, presumably his life will be a lot different than book Corran's

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Talon Karrde is the one I'd most like a show about. Just this smuggler slowly building his enterprise up to a galaxy spanning operation with weekly hijinxs escaping the Imperial patrols.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    She was so flat and lifeless in the Mandalorian.

I hope she fixes that because man that ain't ahsoka.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    Psykoma wrote: »
    She was so flat and lifeless in the Mandalorian.

I hope she fixes that because man that ain't ahsoka.

Time changes people, and she's been through a lot.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Yeah, kinda taken as a whole the arc from precocious padawan in the Clone Wars to stoic jedi in the various Rebel and Mandalorian appearances works pretty well.

I'm still not particularly fond of Rosario Dawson as Ashoka though when Ashley Eckstein was right there.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Watching Clone Wars, there's clearly moments where they're highlighting that she really doesn't like how the Jedi do business. That said, i kind of have a hard time getting much attachment to the character since they thought her up just for the show and the film never even hints at her existence.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Ahsoka is dangerously close to (if she hasn’t already done so) becoming the biggest Mary Sue in all of Star Wars.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Ahsoka is dangerously close to (if she hasn’t already done so) becoming the biggest Mary Sue in all of Star Wars.

In a series with Luke Skywalker?

(Not to mention Anakin. And Rey.)

minor incident on
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular

So, you woke up choosing horseshit today

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular

Luke and Anakin who are incredibly flawed and not perfect? I have no opinion on Ahsoka because I know nothing about her but calling Luke a Mary Sue is a choice. He fucks everything up all the time.

• Options

Luke and Anakin who are incredibly flawed and not perfect? I have no opinion on Ahsoka because I know nothing about her but calling Luke a Mary Sue is a choice. He fucks everything up all the time.

Ahsoka sure isn't perfect either, she had one job, just decapitate Cad Bane.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    This is the only thing I've seen from Obi Wan so far and it's so perfect I almost don't want to taint it by watching the rest

• Options
    See, Leia did lie: Alderaan has lots of weapons!

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Filoni actually addressed that in one of his panels.
    "I tell the stories I want to see."

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular

Luke went from driving his car around the acreage to flying a fucking F-14 fighter plane against the most highly trained military in the galaxy in like...three days.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Ahsoka isn't a mary sue. If there's a problem with her it might at most be that filoni clearly loves that character and can't let go of her. Rebels could've be the capstone to her story. But if he can still find good stories for her, who cares. They did screw up the character design when they translated it to life action though. (I know, for practicality, but still)

Regarding casting and Kenobi, I would've really liked to see Isaacs as the grand Inquisitor. He just so good at playing bad guys. (Also animated grand Inquisitor looks way mor interesting then life action, but that is really a running theme with all the characters that got converted to life action so far)

• Options
    MidniteMidnite Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

Luke went from driving his car around the acreage to flying a fucking F-14 fighter plane against the most highly trained military in the galaxy in like...three days.

point of order, Luke was given a fighter jet by his uncle that he used to murder rats. that's how he learned to fly.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Midnite wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

point of order, Luke was given a fighter jet by his uncle that he used to murder rats. that's how he learned to fly.

The equivalent of having a bi-plane to crop-dust

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    MidniteMidnite Registered User regular
    oh so like how they recruited pilots in ww2. wow, wonder why that'd be relevant to the first star wars movie.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Any discussion of "Mary-Sues" in a franchise built on wizard-knights who are the guardians of the galaxy seems real odd to me

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Let the historical record show that cropdusters in biplanes are indeed the exact individuals you want to give an advanced fighter jet to. Especially if it's against a giant, seemingly invincible ship that's shooting giant world destroying death lasers.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Let the historical record show that cropdusters in biplanes are indeed the exact individuals you want to give an advanced fighter jet to. Especially if it's against a giant, seemingly invincible ship that's shooting giant world destroying death lasers.

Yeah my mind went to exactly the same place.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I will say it felt like Ahsoka losing to Vader in that one bit in Rebels seemed like it would've been a pretty excellent end for her character, and would've really upped the pathos of the whole Anakin heel turn. It would've been fitting.

I don't mind having more Ahsoka cuz she's generally pretty great but so far it doesn't feel like Filoni's really given much narrative reason for her to still exist post-vader fight.

(and if you gotta keep someone around, shit, lets get ourselves a live action Ventress plz)

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Fuuuuuuuck I'd want a live action Ventress.

She was such an underrated character in Clone Wars. Like, former disillusioned sith apprentice turned bounty hunter? That's fuckin cool.

• Options
    Speaking of heel turn (Obi Wan E2)
    my god Hayden is unrecognizable, and terrifying.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Luke has slow motion vidfeeds of his womprat hunts that he WILL show you ENTIRELY unprompted, unsuspecting womprats suddenly pinwheeling in half due to blaster bolts, ironic cantina music plays over it

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    honovere wrote: »
    Ahsoka isn't a mary sue. If there's a problem with her it might at most be that filoni clearly loves that character and can't let go of her.
    Kana wrote: »
    I will say it felt like Ahsoka losing to Vader in that one bit in Rebels seemed like it would've been a pretty excellent end for her character, and would've really upped the pathos of the whole Anakin heel turn. It would've been fitting.

I don't mind having more Ahsoka cuz she's generally pretty great but so far it doesn't feel like Filoni's really given much narrative reason for her to still exist post-vader fight.

Filoni is to Ahsoka as Dini is to Harley.

"All of this has happened before, and it will all happen again."

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    also, since it's come up again:

Luke's a farm punk kid. His entire social circle is other farm punk kids. He drives a beat-to-shit old muscle car that's half grey primer and rust, his main hobbies are backroad racing and varmint shootin', and the coolest guy he knows is the one who left to join the military.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    also, since it's come up again:

Luke's a farm punk kid. His entire social circle is other farm punk kids. He drives a beat-to-shit old muscle car that's half grey primer and rust, his main hobbies are backroad racing and varmint shootin', and the coolest guy he knows is the one who left to join the military.

A fanfic writer on Luke pre-ESB:
    i love writing luke’s tendency to be a feral little man like Yes he’s the savior of the galaxy Yes he’s a pure hearted beam of sunshine BUT he came from a hick town in the Outer Rim with nothing to do but hang out in bars and use ROUSes as target practice AND he shares DNA with anakin skywalker so he can drink Han under the table and thinks traffic laws are a joke send tweet

Shadowen on
This discussion has been closed.